Message from Reverend Insanity's author

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SamStrike, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    So... Essentially, his old book got banned due to censorship reasons and rather than whining about it, the author decided to start a new novel?

Seems fair enough.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  2. Thecomicgeek

Thecomicgeek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damnit... And I was stockpiling chapters.. :cry:

3. Himura Kouen

Himura Kouen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 :blobsob:

4. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite interested in seeing how the new novel develops. Even if the new book isn't about a devilish loner like Fang Yuan, it does not mean that it will be a subpar story. Although Fang Yuan's nature is one of the biggest selling points of Reverend Insanity, it isn't its only good thing. And the author has gotten much better as the story progresses, so using such experiences should result in a good new book. At least in theory.

5. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, one of the biggest thing that made me love Insanity is how every character is intelligent and scheming. Hundreds years old cultivators act exactly like the type of people that they should be, no one of them is stupid or arrogant. They didn't arrive at their level by accident or by being naive. Schemes, intelligent, cruelty, those are all the things necessary for them and they are all experienced in it. You would never find a lvl 7 Gu immortal that is stupid, because all those that are like that got killed by natural selection before they could advance.
    as the story and power level increase you can also see that people start becoming less and less good natured, because the top doesn't have space for those naive like that

Everyone is incredible scheming, almost always on par or even more than the MC, just like it should be.

6. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A question: which chapter/passage got the novel banned?
    If there is no confirmed info, what do you personally think got it canned?

Tanyia likes this.
  7. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be lovely to follow a story about someone like Fang Yuan in his first 500 years of life. Seeing them start as a valiant hero and slowly evolve into a fierce villain.

Tanyia and Deleted member 89812 like this.
  8. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one time I get interested in a Chinese novel, of course it gets banned.

May the twisted spirit of Fang Yuan guide us through this tough period.

9. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The baby thing, maybe? The Witcher did worse, but I guess it was still pretty bad.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Tanyia and baka8roukanako like this.
  10. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the majority of cn novels are all about killing, looting, ra*ing, once mcget the girls he abandons them,
    fang yuan doesn't harm people more than necessary

11. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a thing like that? I read ~60 chapters of the manhua, but gave up as it was getting edgy to the point of ridiculousness...

12. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god... I can't believe RI got stopped. I was waiting for it to finished so I could start from the beginning ;_;
    I will stockpile some chapters for the new novel and give it a try though. Hope it will be as good as RI.
    Also are there any other novels that experiencing the same ordeal as RI?

13. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was like, "hmmm have I read this before?". Then the eureka moment struck me as I recalled reading almost the exact same thing from the author of IRAS last 2017. XD I have a bad feeling about this. Ban phase has more death rates than the Corona virus.

14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've read from other writers, the censors are not very clear about what rule is being violated and where it is. They're just given a list of places which are found questionable and they have to figure out what is objectionable. For something like this book I imagine that it violated all sorts of rules so it's not going to be just one thing.

Nah, it's actually pretty easy depending on how you look.

15. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    How about crediting me before you post something that I spent hours on translating...

16. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    I will be translating the first few chapters and posting them in my discord Server :)

17. Ainnz

Ainnz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He mentioned that he didn't translate it. But then also I noticed that he excluded the last line which had your name lol. Ah! But what matters..... Reverend Insanity = Sky Farrow
    I hope that you will be translating this new novel. I love your translation btw.

18. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity is me and then later on ChibiGeneral haha. Why thank you!

I might do it for fun at first, but it’s not feasible in the long run - since it is a Qidian novel.

Thecomicgeek likes this.
  19. Ainnz

Ainnz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the chapter. First of all, its different. Dunno how to say, but in RI the narration was more detached; while in this one, the story being more personable, is like a camera following the character. During the pursuit, there was a well balanced sense of urgency and fright, along with indecision of the girl. The log scene perfectly shows the author giving planning and scheming ability to the enemies, as well as an MC with critical thinking skills.
    Now to the bad.....The Magic Setting. One big initial charm of RI was its unique setting with Gu and the revolving system. But magic is such an oversaturated theme. But on the brighter side, I can only wonder what twist our beloved author will bring.
    Also the last scene - cliche of cliches. Handsome, powerful man suddenly wakes up to save the day. I cringed at that.
    Overall, I shall await for my feast!

20. Ainnz

Ainnz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... But I do see you a lot on the LCD. You and 2-3 others basically give the latest discussion a kick start every time and help rekindle the conversation ^^
    Oh and also keep us updated on the author for the past year. Appreciated a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.