Discussion Good/bad idea for novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by AmethystCherry, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we all wanted at some point to write novels or books to just get our own ideas and experiences out there.. cough* other than making money/revenue of course! Anyways I'm not able to, due to many reasons. But most is just the overdrive to overthink and shutdown of mental exhaustion plus the daily updates and all.. applauds to authors! Anyways off topic!!
    First post, not sure if I'm posting this in the right section hmm

The ideas are now very generic and used. I don't think this is serious or maybe depends on if the author nails it but I think I'll maybe enjoy it?
    And pretty sure mine isn't original lol, with all monster/tress/bugs/zombies/rocks MCs(wow!). Anyways I think I would like to see some author on royalroadl or scribblehub to maybe try to make a novel revolving around a butterfly? One that is
    1. Gender neutral
    2. Stays the same size?
    3. no transmigration and all that
    4. Wings helping in crossing dimensions (realities?timeline?not early in story though! Or maybe accidentally once), camouflage? Helping in trapping or enchanting, colours of wings for situations, dark/shade for assassin butterfly(plss don't!)!
    5. Maybe to be considered as a local god or local myth? a bit of slice of life? As in sitting on a shoulder of a person and listening to their complain whilst that person not knowing it's a conscious or unusual butterfly? later stages(what am I saying!!:eek:)
    6.neutral alignment (good/chaotic/evil neutral)
    7. Fighting is welcome, though I would prefer the butterfly more as an observer/manipulator that whispers things into ears and mind while looking harmless?
    slow pacing?, I think the end goal is maybe a god(not exaggerated ones just simple) or a very powerful being, more than god?

*Could be isekai too I guess, you could practically ignore all the above.. I'm not executing the ideas here anyways lol!

That's all in mind right now.. just wanted this out here regardless.. not obsessed with butterflies.. though I think it's cool (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

Or maybe there are good ones I'm unaware of on royalroadl? 乁( •_• )ㄏ
    PS; Sorry I'm bored

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Butterfly?! Nope. Butter doesn't fly with me. Butter is unhealthy. Go Butter-free, instead. :blobpeek: download (11).jpg

But if you insist on a butterfly, then you might try giving it the "butterfly effect" ability. Now THAT would be cool! :aww:

Ddraig, AmethystCherry and Martialegg like this.
  3. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, basically, it's a system.

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I could see it work if the story follows the point of view of the characters that interact with it, probably harder to do if it follows the butterfly directly.
    Would probably be more interesting if it doesn't really understand humans, like for example might be listening to their wishes or complaints and might try to help but end up causing more problems due to not understanding how humans live their lives.

AmethystCherry likes this.
  5. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Best idea.

AmethystCherry likes this.
  6. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about good ideas(if it would be easy task then there would be much less trashy novels), but I know about one bad idea: it's when author talks about future like "and in future people will remember this as greatest", "many years later will become" and so on. It's like author slaps a freaking big spoiler up your face. Just imagine Tolkien would say about Sam when they just started the journey "many years later after they toss the ring in volcano in his old days he would remember that moment".

AmethystCherry and otaku31 like this.
  7. AmethystCherry

Reading List:
    Link
    @otaku31
    Hehe.
    Uh food flying is not a good idea!! the horrors...
    yes-yes it's butter-free then!

otaku31 likes this.
  8. AmethystCherry

Reading List:
    Link
    Well no.. it doesn't have to? It could be a cultivation where the butterfly grown into a size of planet(exaggeration), a wizard world works too I'm guessing not as compatible though, so whichever but It probably depends on the author's ingenuity and consistence.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  9. AmethystCherry

Reading List:
    Link
    I think following the characters would be actually interesting too, I wouldn't mind it at all.
    And the part about not understanding I think adds more realness and a form of struggle in the story, which could then be made into a chance for comedy and maybe other things too?

10. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as it doesnt just follow the good people but also neutral and evil. Helping everyone alike, then it would more interesting. Maybe it may try to confuse two archenemies by leading them astray against each other. idk

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Every author has a dozen or so story ideas they want to write.

If you want someone to write the story you want them to, either write it yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

12. Maomaomao

Maomaomao Cardboard cutout

Reading List:
    Link
    Rock MC would be perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.