Discussion Post your City Situation here. (CoViD19 lockdown)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Post lockdown vid or pic here. Share it...

This is what I got from my friend on Jakarta.

Let's we go trough this together. And hoping for the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2020
  2. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    No pic, but west sumatra didn't have any positive case until now. Let's hope it stay that way.

3. LunaAngel-Eclipse

LunaAngel-Eclipse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    London's on moderate lockdown. We're still allowed to go out for food, medicine and very important work. Supermarkets are rationing some items (including grocery items, canned food, cold medicine and toilet paper), and only allowing limited amounts of people in at a time. Schools are mostly closed and all exams are cancelled. Going out of your home without good reason could get you fined. You now apparently need permission to use public transport, or else the police might stop you.
    It's pretty mad lol
    [​IMG]

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Extended quarantine (+2 week)
    Uncaring outgoers (mostly due to people being stubborn)
    Decent control (the country did good, out side of the hiccup that cause so many infection in the first place)

Also the outside world looks like it would be perfect for games like NFS. There is like 2 to 5 pedestrian cars but 10-20 police cars ready to chase and stop people.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  5. MadraRua

MadraRua :: ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎) :: Divorcee

Reading List:
    Link
  6. flowersonyourgrave

flowersonyourgrave Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from the Philippines. In our province we are already in community quarantine and sadly some of the provinces are experiencing lockdown. In our province, only one family member (with permit from our municipality) is allowed to go out and buy stuffs. Masks are out of stock, people are doing this panic buying, alcohols are nearly out of stuck, and some of my fellow citizens are accusing our government over "not doing anything".

Some people who are part of our government used their positions in order to be tested for the virus (that's what I read, correct me if I'm wrong). Yes, some of them are positive and some of us (if not we) are beyond furious. Thankfully, there are also those who have a heart like Senator Manny Pacquiao who helped those who are in need specially our medical staffs.

-- I hope that this pandemic will end sooner or later. I just hope that we do not lose our sanity along the way. Let us all fight this together and hope for the best. You are all in my prayers (because this is what I can only do). Don't lose hope for the sake of those who are fighting this virus. Have a nice day everyone.

7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one huge positive thing in all this: CO2 emissions decrease. Ok I do feel sorry for all the relatives and friends who have lost their loved ones, but I think this is the lowest amount of cars we have seen on the roads in recent years. And no airplanes. Really all those environmentalists should be jumping around in joy now. I wonder if they are collecting data now? Coz this would be the time to show proof of effects of cars and planes on the environment.

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't know, i'm a NEET by nature and i'm just playing Resident Evil 6 at home. Just saying , C-virus? China? Check. I'm up to date. :blobsalute:

10. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    One positive COVID-19 patient found and a nationwide lockdown for 21 days here:blobsob:

11. weirdreader

weirdreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    London was able to decrease their carbon dioxide by half (correct me if I'm wrong), the streets are mostly empty, but people still need but go our to work and buy food. Most people are panic buying to the point that people are following the maths questions "Sarah bought 240 toilet rolls and 400 can tins". I can't find daily necessities such as pads.
    All schools are closed down, every exam is closed and we have to do work from home, and we don't have the holiday that the exam year were waiting for since we are not allowed to go outside. Public places such as pubs and restaurants are closed.
    I'm pretty much suffocating in my own house and I'm an introvert as I actually have to talk to my family members.

12. Heir Of Nothing

Heir Of Nothing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from Russia. Nearly 600 patients in country. Schools and universities locked. Everything else still work.
    Supermarkets still have almost everything, just antiseptics and masks out of stock.

13. Bakareader

Bakareader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only positive aspect is that exams are cancelled, I get a free-pass i guess?

That aside, nothing special to mention. Decent monitoring and it's not like we can't leave our houses.

14. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To give them such unlimited power is threatening the existence of mankind! :blobfearful:

Just being dramatic, dont mind me :blobpats:

15. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet at Cardi B levels, but getting closer.

Martialegg, Femme Fatale, imK and 2 others like this.
  16. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    From the PH, living in a rural area and it's mostly normal(less people walking, less drunk people and mostly a best horror movie at night). We sometimes have suspicion that my sister is infected(or just having a long sickness unrelated to the virus). Tiktok is popular in FB and me and my brothers doing stupid sht at home.

17. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm from Metro Manila, specifically Manila itself. The whole Metro itself is in lockdown right now. I heard from my Sis when she drove through the Supermarket with my Brother and Cousin, as usual story right now, there were a lot of people shopping and you know why? A lot of people were panic buying. Since it was announced yesterday that Supermarkets might close off too, my family decided to buy our grocery at the Supermarket so maybe we're part of the panic buyers lol?

18. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    A positive case about 2 km from my house, don't know about the situation outside, haven't gone out at all for almost 2 weeks

19. 10sWBlade

10sWBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Movement control extended by 2 more weeks , work in a grocery store and no panic buying yet .

20. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Got no picture but here the situation is:
    Social distancing
    Reduced public transport
    Some shops are closed, those open have to follow strict guidelines to stay open, breaking those result in closure.
    Schools and kindergarten are closed. (Tho I have heard that if both parents are healtcare workers the children can stil go to kindergarten)

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.