Discussion How would you create a sport? *justforfun*

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Vorpal, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey fellas.

Last year, I decided to pick up a really niche activity for fun(drill). I've gotten pretty into the community and I've seen so many people invest their time and money into this to turn it into a sport only to fail at the end. There are so many who tried to do this over the year and honestly, it makes me kinda sad to see it die. This got me wondering how people outside the community would think.

How would YOU go about creating a sport? I know we got some bright minds here so please feed my curiosity.

Note: In case you were wondering, drill isn't succeeding because of public outlook and debates over the 2nd amendment.

Martialegg likes this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    So it'll work like this, there is food around and humans will find the food then run and find cats and feed them. The human slave that feeds the most cats wins. :blobsnow:

juniorjawz and Martialegg like this.
  3. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you explain the game a little more?

4. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically, if you were to have to create a sport, what would you do to make it work? how would you get it to the point of people knowing it and going, "oh! i know that sport!"

5. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand your question but i want to know more about this sport/game called Drill that your trying to help grow

6. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    The best way to create a sport is just to see the participant's age, number, gender, and the place you can use.

After you see the participants, you started by asking them what they want to do. Seek the most popular answer.
    Let's just say that 'play ball' is the most popular. Then, you focus on their age range first.
    If you see a lot of kids (5 - 10), then focus on a simple sport, like catching the ball without letting it fall.
    If you see a lot of teenagers (11 - 19) then focus on a smarter and intense sport, like: cat and mouse dodge ball.
    If you see a lot of adults (20+) then focus on an even smarter, but not as intense sport. Like: capture the ball.

(Cat and mouse dodge ball= It's basically a dodge ball zombie. Started with one guy and you can only infect them with the ball)
    (Capture the ball= the softer version of rugby, but you cannot let other people touch you. The moment you touch the guy that holding the ball, the ball keeper will be out for the duration of the round, until either team score a point.)

You noticed that the older the age, the more complicated the rule will be? So, make sure the participant's age first.
    If you have mixed participant, then you need to lean more on the younger side or separate them into groups.

The 2nd crucial point is the number. The larger the number, the less intense the sport you need to choose. This is to prevent accidents. Just keep that in mind. The ideal number for each sport is 10 to 14 (5 or 7 each team). If you have a bigger number, separate it into a different group. Just make sure that it is even.
    Just note that too big of a number with only one ball will only decrease the fun of the game for most participant.

the 3rd crucial point is the gender. It's simple, but make sure that each team has a somewhat balanced gender ratio. That's it.

the 4th crucial point is the place, obviously. The smaller the place, the less intense of a sport you could play. Done.

The point of drill/free sports, is that you need to be engaging and everyone need to have fun. Rather than the game, you need to focus on everyone having the same fun experience. It's more important that way. The game itself is less important.

That's it. Hope it helps.