Discussion What happened if the 7 deadly sins are gone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Martialegg, Mar 28, 2020.

?

Which of the 7 deadly sins that you want to erase the most?

1. Pride

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Envy

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Gluttony

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Lust

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Wrath

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Greed

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. Sloth

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  8. None. I think they're all important part of a human.

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    In the last thread (before the potato thread), we're talking about the future of humanity.
    Now, let's talk about the present.
    For the topic, I pick one of the most interesting part of human nature:
    What will happened to humanity if all of the 7 deadly sins are gone?
    All of the 7 deadly sins are as follows: Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath, Greed, and Sloth.

To make it easier, let's take it out one by one:
    1. No Pride
    So, every human would no longer value reputation and their name. Being a beggar has no difference with a president. Every one would respect each other without any kinds of inequality!
    So, why would you want to become president, if being a beggar has the same respect?

2. No Envy
    So, every human would never desire what other people have. What a wonderful world where there are no longer any fights over inequality!
    The poor would never envy the rich, as they don't have any desire to change and improve!
    So, why do you need to become rich if you're poor? You're satisfied by being miserable!

3. No Gluttony
    So, every human would only need to eat the same type of food just to survive and live healthily. No more over-consumption! The earth ecosystem would be thriving as they will produce more than we consume! What a wonderful cycle of life!
    So, why do you need to hunt/harvest so many things? Just eat the same potatoes, plain water, veggies, and fruit everyday and you'll be fine. We don't desire delicacy obviously.

4. No Lust
    So, every human would only have sex for the sake of having a baby. No more rape! No more harem! No more cheating! No more sex crazed people! What wonderful world for pure love!
    So, every one would no longer desire marriage like they once was.
    I mean, I don't need to be married to have a son. Just adopting one is enough, right?
    Not to mention the act of 'sex' is exhausting, shameful, and without much reward.
    Ah, should we just store a sperm bank and make test tube baby installation? Great idea!
    Hmm? Is it just me or the world's population is shrinking?

5. No Wrath
    So, every human would no longer feel anger anymore. No more hate! No more revenge! No more retaliation! What a wonderful world of optimism and calm mentality!
    So, every one would no longer retaliate when someone took our things! When someone steal your wife, you won't be angry! When someone rob you, you won't be angry! When someone kill your parents, you won't be angry! The world seems so bright that nothing could faze you!
    Huh? Why didn't I took back what I lost? It's sad, but I'm not bothered by it. I'm weaker than them, so I will definitely fail anyway. Also, Isn't it better to take new things, instead of the old ones? Adopted parents sound good.

6. No Greed

So, every human would no longer feel any need to own anything more than you need. No more fights! No more wars! No more conflicts! No more luxury! What a wonderful world of peace and mundane!
    So, every one would become a monk or priest. Owning nothing, but decent clothes and one big building so that everyone could live together! No privacy, everything is for public use! We don't even need beds!

7. No Sloth
    So, every human would be a hard worker! 24/7 working if you don't need to sleep! No more delays! No more lazy bums! No more procrastination! What a wonderful world of efficiency!
    So, every one would overwork! Doing nothing but work! No more entertainment! No more resting!
    But then, human mental and body have limits. Normal sleeping won't be enough to restore the stress.
    Huh? Is it just me or the average human lifespan are drastically decreased?

So, what happened if ALL sins are turned off simultaneously? Even I don't dare to imagine it.
    Phewww this is actually more work than I thought. I've been writing for 40 minutes.
    Thx for reading my thread, as usual. (y)

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone will go to Heaven. Heaven will be overpopulated, bursting at the seams; it will become hell! :blobowoevil_horns:

Fulminata, Martialegg, imK and 2 others like this.
  3. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    these was essential to a human being if you u were missing any of these you are not human
    human need to feel pain happy lust etc. human won't be ambitions to improve themselves and others things around them
    it will not have any competition at all. imo

Martialegg and otaku31 like this.
  4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    no pride would be communism without a fascist leader?

I love gluttony, lust and sloth.

without wrath, novels would be a bore.

I would hate being poor and envy is a part of my nature. I would not like life if envy did not exist.

Martialegg and otaku31 like this.
  5. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    What a sinful thought.

Martialegg likes this.
  6. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would definitely want my sloth removed tho.

Martialegg and imK like this.
  7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    You make 6 sounds good, 7 sounds even better.

8. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Removing sloth or greed look like good options. Removing anything else would just give negative consequences.

9. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Persona 5 puts it into great words. It doesn’t matter that you have desires, it’s what you do with those desires.

Martialegg likes this.
  10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    We always have backups like the old acedia,vainglory, melancholy, sadness etc to fall back on to:blobhero:

11. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think no sloth equals to no rest. As to work in the most efficient way, your body need to be on their optimum condition
    Only the dumb will work to their death. I mean it's not no brain, right? What will happen probably is that everyone would work on A to Z in their respective assignment that world won't progress as much

Martialegg likes this.
  12. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 7 virtues
    As in opposite of 7 sins

Martialegg likes this.
  13. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I feel that even if we could destroy one or more of the concepts behind the deadly sins, we as humans would just find another concept to take its place. So from my perspective, it's better the negitive concepts we know, then the unknown concept that will doom us without it.

Martialegg likes this.
  14. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, acedia is sloth. Like ira is wrath and gluttony is gula, it's their latin name
    Vainglory is a part of pride and melancholy is a part of sloth, just like jealousy is part of envy (or is it greed?)

Martialegg likes this.
  15. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    without sins it would be boring, but too much of it would be chaos.

if you think about it, if done in moderation or at minimum these 7 are not sins since you eat when you're hungry and ifthe food is too delicious you eat it even if you are full but not always. you have s*x (if have a partner) when you feel like having it but then will get tired of it. you don't want to surrender to anyone but sometimes you just have to. you want some things tha others have but you can't have it. you get angry at someone but the next day you aren't. you always feel lazy most of the time, but you work when you must. you want everything but you can't since you don't have the ability to gain it.

so the seven sins are actually what makes a human, human. every person have all of 7, it only differ in proportion (amount of desire). so to say this 7 is not actually a sin but a norm. this is based on my observation of todays society.

( if you think about it the personality of novel characters are based on real people just not that extreme or low but sometimes real people's personality is scarier then novel characters.)

if you would remove a single one (any of the seven), the balance will be lost and society won't be like the one in the present. development of civilizations are going to be affected.

Martialegg likes this.
  16. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    In any media where i've seen someone 'cleansed' of desire or sins, they usually turn very... apathetic or dronish.

Martialegg likes this.
  17. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gluttony vs diverse eating habits?...
    Gluttony is overeating. Hunting down rare things just to eat them.
    Just basic diverse eating habits is pretty much anything that can be done in moderation.

Gluttony =/= Diversity hunter

Martialegg and UnGrave like this.
  18. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    You would become an angel. Basically a fanatic without constraints.
    The seven sins act as motives as well as restraints to our everyday action. They are called "sins" by religions for one reason only, they are in the way of absolute religious domination. As for that thing about excess of greed/gluttony/lust...etc, look at what the excess faith does. The witch hunt, forced religious conversion, terrorist attacks. So how come excess faith not a sin ? As a matter of fact, there were originally 8 sins that includes fanaticism in it, but modern religion silently removed it for its own benefit.
    As such if the 7 sins disappeared, the 8th sin will take control unopposed, turning us into a mindless army of slaves.

Martialegg likes this.
  19. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Not surprised if it really took you 40 minutes to write this.

Martialegg likes this.
  20. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like if we got rid of the sins, we'd just become apathetic
    While is excess sins are without horrible, but in moderation it becomes the driving force for humanities continued advancement

Femme Fatale and Martialegg like this.