Recommendations Mc with cheat, rising through ranks

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by detoxangels12, Mar 26, 2020.

1. detoxangels12

detoxangels12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anything is ok except for cultivation stuff, martial blahblah and BLs.

Vaeleri likes this.
  2. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Majority of isekai.
    Search for Japanese novels

Mnotia, Vaeleri, Arash1 and 1 other person like this.
  3. detoxangels12

detoxangels12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah. i don't read japanese novels, heck i've read only 1 jap novel here in NU and it was one shot. idk they seem cringe like anime's and same troupe all over again.

not gonna read that but thanks for sug

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2020
  4. rfrfcb3001

rfrfcb3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i became a living chaet

5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  6. GreyPancake

GreyPancake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont understand,when you say ranks,that means cultivation lol and when we go cultivation we get martial arts and myths style base stories.Which you obviously dont want.So if youre looking for mc with cheats,im sorry to say its probably gonna be about cultivation and if it isnt then the cheat doesnt matter enough for it to be a cheat in the first place.Though there are mc with cheats that are not eastern style,those novel which are korean or japanese base are losely if not mainly following the cultivation aspect.

7. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wandering inn
    Super Gene
    Pet King
    Daddy's another world restaurant
    Gourment food supplier
    Gourment in another world
    Fishing the myriad heavens
    Superstar of tommorrow

8. FlowingTime

FlowingTime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Solo Leveling
    Any vrmmo/game-like with a reborn mc... They're basically cheating
    A post apocalypse mc with dual abilities and a space ... Probably reborn too

9. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Strongly disagree. While Cultivation Novels regularly uses Ranks as the term used to determine one's "level", developing through them it isn't directly correlated. So long as there is a systematic method of progression, be it in power growth or status, then it could be considered raising through the "ranks".

All of my recommendations, except the first, are English Originals on Webnovel, and are long enough that you will either need to go to an aggregator site or pay to gain full access to all chapters.

God of Music. Slice of Life Reincarnation story where the MC returns to his past with a music development cheat as well as the benefits of his future knowledge. The story is focused around him utilizing his cheat and trying to develop himself to the point where he doesn't need it, while becoming a powerhouse in the musical entertainment industry.

Supreme Magus. MC has a terrible life, gets cancer and kills himself. After a brief rest stop resurrecting in the body of a recently killed alien, MC ends up reincarnated into the body of a poor child in a magical world. MC then discovers some of the secrets of magic, and starts becoming incredibly powerful due to developing with an adult's knowledge and intellect as a child. In the story, MC has recently reached about legal adulthood, and is discovering how those without his cheats can manage to stand up to him despite his cheats, to the chagrin of some of the readers expecting a simple power fantasy.

The Mech Touch. Sci-Fi Story where MC is born on Rural Farming Planet X. Humans pretty much dominate everywhere they are, and Mechs are the most advanced war machines that everyone but the 4 most powerful authorities are allowed access to. To pilot a Mech, one needs a special constitution that allows them to connect to the mech, and the MC doesn't have that. Instead, he becomes a Mech Designer, working on the design, construction and repair parts of mechs. Shortly after graduating and deciding to forcefully start up his own Mech Design Shop, MC gains access to a cheat item that allows him to learn and grow more rapidly than he otherwise would have, as well as gain opportunities he otherwise wouldn't have been able to attempt to afford.

Number One Dungeon Supplier. Technically a Cultivation Story, but Cultivation is a tool, not the focus. MC lives in an Earth Analogue where China and the East developed with Cultivators, while Europe and the West developed with Mages. MC is Chinese, and wants to become a Dungeon Supplier, essentially an artistic occupation where one makes training courses for Cultivators and Mages (which is practically everybody). MC gets a cheat, gets his

10. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you disagree with ? That cultivating isnt correlate to ranks? If the ranking dont matter to cultivating,there wont be a precedent to follow.There is no order if the process of cultivating isnt recorded on a universal scale to mark each progress.If the ranking dont matter to a cultivating process,Human A can say he is rank 10 with his cultivation is at rank 1 vice verse.The concept of order in the world would crumble.Its like having a private in the army spending 10 mins in the barrack and suddenly saying he is a major cause he felt he cultivated enough.The rankings do correlate to the process or else the process wont be validated in the world.You cant just go to high school and suddenly say you have phd when you spend only a year in it.Do specify what you mean by "developing through them it isn't directly correlated" Cause if they isnt a relation the process wont matter to anyone and we dont have a structure for the story to build on.

11. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I strongly disagree with initial presumption of your statement. "When you say ranks, that means cultivation" is wrong. Which is why the rest of that paragraph was talking about how "ranks" are not only limited to cultivation, and how it's normally used in other forms of media. Thus "developing through them isn't directly correlated" is referring to the point that a character can develop through ranks in many ways without being in a cultivation world. Using your own reply, one can develop through the ranks in a militaristic setting, or an academic setting, all without cultivation existing in the world. Thus, your initial presumption was wrong.

12. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    I think either i worded it wrong or you dont understand what i meant.Rank directly correlate to cultivation like how blue isnt correlate to the sky but it is the default setting of the world.You cant have ranking without cultivation,cultivation is the sense of developing a skill or quality of something or someone.Be it military exploits,academic exploits etc everything that has a set qualification falls under ranks.To go through the process of achieving said ranking is called cultivating so yeah i would strongly say ranking thus mean cultivating.You dont have 1 without the other. Again think your view on the word cultivating is skewed.Cultivating doesnt only mean immortals etc,the word existed before books were made lol.

13. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please respond with recommendation only.
    For discussion related to terminology or others, please go to other subforum/pm/status.