Request Should I pick up this novel?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LowkeyMoe, Mar 29, 2020.

?

Countinue to translate?

1. Yes (We all going to hell anyway.)

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. No (FBI, Repent, Jail)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. LowkeyMoe

LowkeyMoe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So here the premise, I'm still learning Korean and reading most of these stories as I'm translating, so do not have a lot of choice in picking up novels. Since getting a novel from Kakaopage is pretty annoying. Anyway, I found this historical novel that looks interesting to translate

BUT (well it is better for you to read to understand. So here a snippet of the translation. P.S I'm looking for a proofreader to fix grammar and make things better if we were to pushed forward.)

Although he was abandoned, with only the name of Arno and title of a baron. Participating in numerous wars, it was through his own hard work and self-cultivation, that he gained the title Iron-Blood. He was only a baron then when he was first engaged to Bianca.

Bianca's father had offered him a marriage alliance, even though Zakari was not in a class with the Blanchefluer’s family. Did he already foresee her husband's potential? If that's the case, the world really did not need any fortune tellers.

Zakari was a good son-in-law with a good result, but he was not an excellent husband. After their marriage, there were countless wars, so he always left Bianca alone in the castle and hovered around the battlefield. Like an envoy who cannot live apart from death.

But Bianca was not a good wife either. When they got married, Zakari was twenty, and she was only seven. Bianca was too young and energetic then. The ambitious road she wanted to take back then was not the destination of becoming Zakari’s wife. Her passion was to help her own family, the Blanchefleur and gain a title of her own.

She could not adapt to Arnoga then, and she was not on intimate terms with Zakari. So many years have passed. Now he is twenty-nine. Bianca was sixteen. The young man, who was full of anger, had now become a man exceeding dignity and coldness, but there was still a youthful sense to him. Bianca’s heart can’t help but tremble at her own husband's strange appearance.

So should I continue to translate or abandon the ship?

This is the novel btw.

[​IMG]

2. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure no one is going to say don't pick up a novel lol. Go for it. Nobody is stopping you (Except Korean publishers who can come after you but YOLO)

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, pick up haroon instead lol

4. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    If a novel makes you uncomfortable, don’t force yourself to translate it. The fact you made this post shows how uncomfortable you are. Thus I am going to contradict the first reply, and suggest you drop it. Eventually you will find a novel that does not bother you to translate.

5. Valyrian6

Valyrian6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you feel like you'll enjoy translating this novel, go for it. Otherwise, you'll just be torturing yourself

Meloman likes this.
  6. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    IMG_20200328_101609.jpg
    Kyaaaahhh! I love it!!

7. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't sound that bad, I mean it's wasn't unheard of for situations like that to occur. Considering it seems to be taking place in a more medieval setting it can probably be ignored.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    translated it if you like.
    I wish someone translate GL korean novel. Sigh, no one translated GL korean. There aren't any translate GL korean, not even one:notlikeblob::cry::cry:

Enthom- and FusaHatesHarems like this.
  9. Enthom-

Enthom- Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its strange, all reincarnated, roman with cold ML, another, another. But 0 yuri

Yandere Devil likes this.
  10. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a historical novel, the whole 7 year old bride thing isn't so bad, since the synopsis is indicating that the two weren't intimate until she turns 16, when the story gets rolling, so it's not really a pedo bear situation. Still, in some countries, people aren't considered legally adults until 18, so if the two years bother you, then you shouldn't force yourself to translate it. I don't think it's so bad (that brat Ariel was 16 when she married her prince, and that was a Disney movie), but in this case it's your opinion that matters. If you're just worried about other people's opinions, I don't think anyone's going to mind it at all. I'd read it, anyway.

11. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, some romance korean novel have similar plot with different surname. it's feel like i am reading plagiarized.

i am patient wait for some angel to translated korean GL. :cry:

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you enjoy reading the novel, translate it, otherwise, don't~

It's as simple as that~