Discussion ORV's ending(Has spoilers as well)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mifeln, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Mifeln

Mifeln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest... I never thought a novel will have that kind of ending... I thought it will be just a normal ending where they live happily ever after. But. Oh boy, author proved me so wrong through the epilogue.

First.
    The life of Han Su-yeong's avatar literally took me out of the loop. The moment that her avatar's attempt to see Kim Dok-ja, that freaking surprised me because that time I thought "Maybe she will find who tls123 as well." Then oh boi. That freaking realization, she struggled to save him.

Second.
    The time before her ego stops and that last freaking chapter of the novel, wtf. Reading that part about how it will be just a full time loop. Oh damn. That was a freaking surprised because my thoughts is like that but her finding it out, I figured that she would despair. I can't stop laughing about the Dokkaebi king. He freaking has the best mindset knowing that he called her god.

Third.
    The way they thought of writing Kim Dok-ja's story it freaking gave me the feels that what they wrote is the novel that I'm reading. And it really is! But instead of Kim Dok-ja being a 'reader' in which he feels the normal "This story should be done, I should not be in here so it will be completed, I will just ruin it if I'm in here." But freaking hell. Han Su-Yeong made a story in which Kim Dok-Ja is not a 'reader' but a 'character' instead so he doesn't feel alienated and he will feel like "I'm in this story, I should go back to them. I have to." Like that kind of longing feeling.

The way that the ending happened, I had the urge to throw my phone to the wall. The urge was so strong that I wanted to cry. That freaking ending, I never thought an ending like that will be so satisfying... more like too satisfying that I crave for more even though the story might get ruined. I freaking felt what Kim Dok-Ja felt in there. The feeling of a story to never ever end. That kind of feeling, but oh boy. I literally screamed because that ending was too satisfying that it is beyond the satisfying. The author made the readers feel what the character felt in their story. That's a freaking plus. And the feeling of how the readers wants to be in the story to experience it. Damn, it literally shows the feeling that as long as it goes on, a person will survive.

tl;dr
    The story is a 10/10, even though the ending seems like lacking but not lacking, satisfying but not satisfying, I say that the author's novel can be considered as a masterpiece. I might even worship the author for this. Easily took my top 1 novel for me.

missluna, mereumsama, Cyltea and 3 others like this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...What?

3. rasyidmystery

rasyidmystery Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the novel is already ending when
    Dokja partways with his companion in the subways
    And i remember seeing the translator said that the next several chapter are only extra

missluna and mereumsama like this.
  4. Mifeln

Mifeln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I thought as well, but it reached 551 and the epilogue reached till there.

Selin likes this.
  5. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Is urial shipping Kim dokja in gay relationships?

6. Bubbleeely

Bubbleeely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit confused, at the end Did Dokja wake up? or it only depends to us how we see it?

7. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought the ending was stupid. it def seemed like they dragged it on just for some kind of esoteric word count their company prob made them do

8. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    i never thought that way tbh. I thought the ending fitted since it was like we were Kim dokja, spreading our imagination to keep the story alive, just like lil ol’ oldest dream:cautious:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  9. Djie

Djie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it has open ending that leaves it up to readers and all the implications of the stuffs, you know what i mean. i did cry, a lot. how you manage to stop the urge, i dont know how. it was satisfying at the same time frustrating since hoe could the author leave it at that which just points back to how its one of the main points of story. i have crazy big emotions about the novel you see

well she did kind of ship him with YJY, since the start... companions haha but dont worry, Joongdok? fans who ships them just over exaggerate it ( or not ) but they like to see their relationship as romantic instead of platonic which is fine of them, they can do what they want

10. Speck

Speck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone ever read the side stories? I just went to Munpia and they have like chapter 616 already out. ╥﹏╥