LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't find where you got that in a row part from. From what I found it only states that 3 will at some point appear during the period that heavenly court doesn't have a lord. Of course this would mean you are correct, unless I bring up the order in which the venerables appeared. After Star constellation A total of 5 demon venerables existed. 2 of which existed before red lotus in the Olden Antiquity Era. This leaves him as 3rd or 4th depending on if red lotus or thieving heaven came first. Unless you can find something confirming that red lotus came first you are wrong.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They mean "I hate this story! the MC is so evil and immoral! I am going to lie about this story now, review bomb it, and repeatedly send complaint letters to the government so that they will ban it"
    This story doesn't have any plot holes

3. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the list: https://reverend-insanity.fandom.com/wiki/Venerable
    One more thing: After Red Lotus, the HC has a Venerable (Genesis Lotus). So there should be no way they misunderstand the prophecy.
    What about the one I'm asking?
    Although there are very few, the story does have plot holes.

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are mixing up the prophecies.

Three Venerables should be referring to two Demon Venerables and then Dream Immortal Venerable.

There was no stated prophecy about lack of Heavenly Lord. Star Immortal Venerable just schemed against the Demon Venerables

5. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about the prophecy made by Star Constellation Immortal Venerable (which can be found in chapter 467). What you're referring is the prophecy made by Immortal Yi Yan.

6. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't think of anything else to disprove this. So it looks like you are correct.

7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you even asking? you are being too vague.

8. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm? I already said it above: "Star Venerable has predicted that there would be 3 Demonic Venerable attack the Heavenly Court in succession, yet Duke Long still accept Red Lotus as his student."
    I have found some other plot holes. If you want, we can discuss.
    P/S: I don't blame the author; this is a long, complicated story and forgetting some details is forgivable.

9. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go ahead and say what they are, this has been fun so far.

10. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, you’re making no sense. The Heavenly Court’s entire thing is that it follows the mandate of its founder and Fate Gu. Fate Gu said that Red Lotus was going to become an immortal venerable. Naturally, the heavenly court would let this come to fruition, just like it wanted great dream immortal venerable to occur as well. Also, predictions aren’t the most accurate things when otherworldly demons exist since they are entities outside of fate.

GDLiZy, Yomiel Metathronos and mrttao like this.
  11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The original prophecy was that 3 will attack them. Not the exact dates and exact names and appearances and cultivation paths of those who would do so.
    As proof, note how it took them some time to deduce who is supposed to be great dream immortal venerable. They did not know before she was even born.

Aside from that, fate and prophecy are not infallible. For example, the prophecy in which the 3 demonic venerables are mentioned also explicitly mentioned
    great dream immortal venerable. who is instead replaced by fang yuan

A vague prophecy not including all the tinniest smallest details is not a plot hole

melancholica and GDLiZy like this.
  12. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The prophecy was 'the heavenly court would be without a lord for a long time, causing a long period of turmoil as three Demon Venerables appear'. This means that a time frame does exist, as 3 demon venerables will appear before heavenly court finds a new lord.
    Fanwithlight brought up the fact that red lotus was raised before the 3rd demon venerable appeared with the hopes of him becoming the lord of heavenly court. This forms a plot hole as they had the information that the next venerable will be a demon, and that the disciple of duke long has the absurd amount of talent that the a tribulation forms to kill him as a child.

Astaroth likes this.
  13. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    - The whole power of Fate Gu is that fate cannot be changed. No one can fight fate, thus prophecies are accurate while Fate Gu still exists. As for Otherworldly Demons, before FY they're all incomplete ones. They can't fight fate, it's just that Fate Gu can't control their fate.
    - Star Venerable's prophecy has been proved to be right 2/3. But not just Duke Long, all HC's members didn't believe in the last part? It sounds pure stupid.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate can be changed. Otherworldly demons, love gu, and luck Dao are all able to change fate. These three things put the heavenly court in a precarious situation. Also, other rank 9 gu also have some ability to defy fate gu. Any prophecy made might as well be forgotten considering all the timelines.and what last part? It is predicted that grea dream immortal will appear and that’s it. The HC’s design is to keep giving themselves venerables to control the world with

mrttao likes this.
  15. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you didn't truly understand the concept of fate here.
    All living beings in Gu World have certain paths in life that they follow (c948). That is fate. Fate is made by Heaven's Will. Anf the role of Fate Gu is to make sure fate cannot be changed
    You can read The Legend of Ren Zu: Fate is described as a spider's thread that binds everything. If you want to change fate, you must break that bind.
    - I already said above, incomplete Otherworldly Demons can't change fate.
    - Love Gu can't change fate. It just has the ability to damage the Fate Gu itself. The same applies to other Rank 9 Gu.
    (If you need more proof, read The Legend of Ren Zu again. Ren Zu had Love Gu, but he neither tried to use it to change the fate, nor tried to use other Rank 9 Gu like Strength Gu or Wisdom Gu. His plan is to use Self Gu to absorb power from other Gu)
    - Luck Dao can't change fate. It can alter the road, but the final destination is still the same.
    And HC’s purpose is NOT to keep giving themselves venerables. HC’s purpose is to maintain the fate "human is the race that rules the world"

16. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Red lotus used love gu to change fate but only a complete otherworldly demon can destroy fate gu. And fate gu is still just a rank 9 gu. It’s power can be rivaled by other rank 9 gu. It’s not perfectly unstoppable, it’s just good at it’s job.

mrttao likes this.
  17. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Please read my explanation again. And remember two things:
    - Fate Gu belongs to Heaven Dao, the Dao which is the source of all Dao
    - Its user is Heaven's Will. No human has the power to use Fate Gu.

18. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me remember...
    In chapter 608 it mentions that Human Qi Immortal Gu is in Eighty-Eight True Yang Building. But when Duke Long fight Purple (c1367), he used Triple Qi Retraction, which requires Heaven Qi, Earth Qi, and Human Qi Immortal Gu. Moreover, in the later part, it said that these 3 Gu are in HC from the beginning, since they're vital gu of Primordial Origin Immortal Venerable.
    There are two Killer Moves for Spring Autumn Cicada: Spring Autumn Must Success (grant 100% success chance when using) and Time Anchor (let the user travel back to a specific point of time). When FY learned these moves, it's noted that he couldn't use two moves at the same time, due to Fate Gu has been fixed almost completely.
    But in the later part, Red Lotus has used two moves at the same time when Fate Gu was still intact.
    All three kings of HC: Primordial Origin, Star Constellation, and Genesis Lotus have left some tricks that can be used to resurrect them in the future. The problem is that these tricks can be effective only if Fate Gu was destroyed.

19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is not a plot hole, that is heavenly court not being retarded.
    Your suggestion that they should just kill every talented child that appears would completely and utterly destroy them as an organization.

How could heavenly court build up their foundation of slumbering rank 8s if they killed every talented child? Not to mention its not enough to kill their own talented children, they must kill the talented children of everyone else too.

They assumed that the demon venerables would appear outside of their own organization. That the talented children they have would rise up to become rank 8s that serve as the foundation of their sect.

After all, duke long himself was an extremely talented individual. But he has never progressed past rank 8.

If they actually followed your advice, heavenly court would have been destroyed by limitless demon venerable, or after him reckless savage demon venerable. Instead they were able to keep both of them at bay because they nurtured talent

Also, prophecies are not absolute and neither does a single rank 9 gu control the entire world. In fact heavenly court is explicitly planning on acquiring giant sun immortal venerable inheritance and combining his rank 9 luck gu with rank 9 fate gu to create rank 10 destiny gu

Rank 9 fate gu is such a huge threat to fang yuan because he is already diadvantages against heavenly court, and all his allies are under rank 9. He has a wild rank 9 gu that he cannot refine and thus cannot use it to resist the rank 9 fate gu.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    penguinleecher and Astaroth like this.
  20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a plot hole.
    1. between chapters 608 and 1367 88 true yang building was destroyed, and most of the gu within were captured by various gu immortals from northern plains.
    As a result of this shadow sect arranged a grand auction in northern plains where people could trade the immortal gu they captured from it. It is entirely plausible that in all the time that passed heavenly court acquired that gu
    2. it does not actually specifically require that specific gu. Killer moves are very versatile and you can replaced one immortal gu with another. A large number of mortal rank 5 human qi gu could be combined with several other immortal gu to execute the move in liu of using the specific human qi immortal gu. in fact, the killer move in question is known to be extremely hard to execute, suggesting it requires many many gu to activate. If they actually had human qi immortal gu there it should not have been such a difficult move
    This is not a plot hole, it is called a backup plan.
    Fate gu prevents resurrection, zombification, ghostification, and a few other tricks.
    Should fate gu never be destroyed then heavenly court will achieve its goals and dominate the world.
    However, should the worse come to happen and fate gu is destroyed, then their backup plans will be put into motion.

Furthermore, none of those 3 venerable was even capable of destroying fate gu themselves. Thus they were incapable of acting on such plans even if they did prioritize their own life over their great plan. They had to rely on some situation where an enemy destroys it instead by necessity
    I did not read ahead of the translation so I can't answer this one conclusively
    Was it noted that he specifically couldn't use them at once, or that nobody could?
    Also, red lotus is the one who damaged fate go in the first place.
    Anyways, I need to actually reach that part of the story to fully analyze this potential plot hole. But I have serious doubts since every other example you gave thus far was wrong

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Astaroth likes this.