Spoiler The Making of a Princess (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by KathyClysm, Mar 26, 2020.

1. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Title: The Making of a Princess / 女仆驾到
    Author/Artist: Ah Yu
    Description:
    Sophia, the haughty Princess of the West Kingdom, was reduced to a lowly maid! Trampled on and humiliated, the reality she’s faced with is a harsh and cruel one. However, relying on nothing but her wits, she rises up against the odds. Will she be able to take back everything that once was hers… and more?
    Raws: https://www.tohomh123.com/nvpujiadao/
    Translation: https://mangadex.org/title/45087/the-making-of-a-princess
    Bakaupdates: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=162328

Okay people, is this based on a novel? Does anyone know more about this story? Is this one of those "he was a piece of s*it and ruined my life but I'll still end up with him despite him being the literal worst" type stories?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Yukari_me, theilikepie and Ruruki like this.
  2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh is this another slave falling in love with the master manga? More romanticising of slavery. Yay

I will come back to this if she does manage to take back her kingdom. Keep the "and more part" pls

But surprisingly this has very good art

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Shikha likes this.
  3. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it's kinda hard to tell as of right now. I mean, she does seem like a pretty spoiled, petty person in the first translated chapter, and seeing as how someone said that "she's like her father", I am assuming that her daddy was probably a tyranical ruler, which is why the neighbouring country decided to invade. I can only look at the picutres in the raws, but it seems like her misery only lasts for the first few chapters, but there's no more full-on abuse or something, and she doesn't seem to be treated as a slave either, just a maid.

Anyway, some spoilers for upcomming chapters (that I guessed from the pictures):
    So in chapter two, she wakes up in maid cloths and is abused by who I assume is the head maid. Black-haired prince comes in, she tries to attack him with candle-holder. Seems like they explain to her what happened after she passed out in chapter 1 - as in her country is gone. She contemplates his words at night, then decides to make a run for it and escapes his castle. In the forest, she meets blondie prince, who almost shoots her with an arrow.
    Blondie prince seems all nice and fluffy and helps her escape, hiding her and distracting black-haired prince in the forest, even giving her a horse. Looks like blondie and blacky don't like each other much (maybe they are fighting for the throne?). She reaches town and sees that alle the citizens are happy and that her dad the king/emperor has been hanged on the square. Citzens recognise her.
    Citizens start cursing at her, throwing stuff and kicking her. Black-haired prince arrives and protects her. He takes her back, and in a forest, she breaks down (probably unable to comprehend that her daddy was evil and that everyone hates her and that she's now nobody) and contemplates killing herself with a shard from a broken vase. Blacky talks to her and somehow makes her stop. Looks like his dad is the blond guy she talked to as a kid, and on his deathbed, I think he asked black-haired prince to do something (maybe take care of her or something?). She comes to terms with what happens and agrees to follow him back to his castle. Some chick with rapture eyes and short black hair is revealed to have been watching them.
    Chick with the gold eyes looks to be the one giving orders to the head maid (in a secret note sent by carrier dove). MC starts working as a maid again and sees blondy prince with some girl on a horse outside. Head maid gives her the job to clean up horse.... piles from the yard. Blondie prince spots her, and they argue about something, she ultimately gets angry and probably tells him to leave her alone and continiues with her work. She spots black-haired prince by the stables and hides as he is talking to a... knight(?), probably about her.
    Looks like MC is adjusting somewhat well and is apparently taking being a maid actually seriously. Head maid is still not satisfied with her though. Blondie prince keeps approaching and teasing her. His special treatment of her causes other maids to get jealous. They trick her into a room were black-haired prince is sleeping (she doesn't see him because it is dark). She takes a nap on what turns out to be his lap. He eventually wakes up, sees her and pats her head. Once she wakes up and notices him and how close they are, she freaks out, accidentally tearing his shirt. The ruckus alarms some attendant, who comes in seeing and very much misunderstands the situation as them doing something.... naughty. Everyone's kinda embarressed. She takes of, attendent dude looks suspicious of her. He goes after her and confronts her.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  4. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like attendent dude is trying to intimidate her, but she is unfaced, which pisses him off. At night in her room, she contemplates the inner workings of this palace and the relationships between characters. During the day, she encounters a little blond boy in a storage room. The little blond boy kicks up a fuzz, braking some barrels, then runs off and comes back with the black-haired prince. Looks like the little boy is his younger brother? MC and another maid are scolded for the mess in the storage room.
    During her work the nect day(?), she encounters the little boy again. I think they talk about how fake everyone in high society is. Boy is being a little devil again and makes a mess. Cut to the head maid visiting the mysterious woman with the gold eyes. The gold-eyed woman later shows up where MC is working, approaches her and I think looks down on her quite a lot, making a scene. Her cat meanwhile is sneaking off and annyoing a dog that's sleeping under a table. MC notices and stays calm so the gold-eyed woman approaches her even more, stepping on the dog's tail. Doggo freaks out, so kitty freaks out, general mayham. Black-haired prince is watching while blondie prince takes MC away from the situation.
    Blondie prince and MC go to a lake with lots of swans. Blondie prince notices how rough her hands have become. I think he pitties her, but she looks like she thinks its no big deal. They talk some more (looks like he thinks she's similar to the swans - beautiful but also can be easily killed?). Blondie prince notices black-haired prince in the distance and approaches MC more, making it look to black-haired prince like there's something going on between them. Looks like black-haired prince said something quite sharp, she replies politely and takes off. Blondie prince is laughing his ass off. Black-haired prince warns him about something that makes him quite frustrated.

5. MGS_LIL

MGS_LIL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! :aww:

6. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can already tell the cliche writing coming.... emotionless (seemingly) Prince Jax eventually sees Sophia in a better light cause of her hard work, he falls for her, she falls for him... if it goes that way I'm going to be really pissed at the bad cliche writing. The premise is interesting, things could go far better with a revenge story with a clever princess working to stir up tensions and rebellion in North Langston (the way they used the rebellions in West Langston to kill her father and ruin her). That'd be so much better, but no... we're gonna get shit cliche writing because, let's be honest, korean and chinese stories can't seem to help but have anything other than Female Lead end up with Male Lead because the writing is terrible lol.

Also, fuck the princes, I hate them all. All of them so far, I'm sure the last we haven't seen will be just as bad even if he's not as bad as the other shit heads.

I really really hope I'm wrong. I'm still going to read and enjoy elements of this, but I can already see how this will likely go and, if it goes that way, I will be sorely disappointed. I might just be overly critical atm, but I am so tired of asshole characters ending up with the FL just cause they are the ML. That's gotta stop as a shitty trope/cliche. It's time for writers to learn how a character would ACTUALLY feel in a situation and wouldn't be "swayed by their handsomeness and cause they are slightly better" when they LITERALLY ARE WHY YOUR FAMILY IS DEAD AND YOUR LIFE WENT TO SHIT!

Think of it this way, would you? If so, I have zero respect for you.

I just... i want to see things be better and characters have more self respect and won't fall for assholes just cause "oh handsome ML who was an asshole and ruined my life is slightly better now." Is that too much to ask?

7. Pamtiur

Pamtiur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you...
    I always hate that cliche, it's so annoying when the mc falls for the asshole and forgot to cherish themselves...

8. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, right? It just makes zero sense to me why so many of these stories seem to have characters forget that about. I mean, there's one CEO Chinese Manhua story where the girl literally is raped multiple times and even nearly killed by the ML and such and yet for the longest time she still wouldn't fall for him which made me at least like her (even if everyone else sucked), but, nooooo... guess what happens? lol... to be fair, feel like the CEO genre is the worst place for good male leads.

9. Pamtiur

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you serious?!?!? That's so messed up...
    Did the ml grom the fl to like him back, I have heard some real life rapis does that to their victim so they can do it all over again. *like I am sorry I didn't mean to do that I was drunk, i promise i will never do it again* an than they do the exact thing again...

10. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he's definitely a shit character the whole time. He's a paranoid control freak. He's a "genius handsome richest man of one of the biggest cell companies" in the story, but his "flaw" is that he's a paranoid control freak that is clearly a misogynist. Though he does "legit fall in love" with the female lead, yea.... it's fucked up. Then again, it probably doesn't help she's got a pretty shit life outside of him. No friends really, adopted to a family that treated her pretty poorly (neglected/didn't believe her about things, etc) once the had a real daughter of their own (even eventually disowned the female lead) so she feels like she has no home or place anymore (even if she was living on his own) so there are times he makes her feel happy when she says he will be her home and whatnot.

Still, it's.. fucking messed up. Only reason I keep reading it is the same reason humans can't turn away from train wrecks or fires. If you wanna read it too, its english title is CEO Above, Me Below.

But, yea, on topic with the actual Making of a Princess story, I really REALLY hope the story surprises me and doesn't do cliche garbage, but I'm keeping my actual expectations low. Basically, as Mel Brooks says "hope for the best, expect the worst".

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2021
  11. Pamtiur

Reading List:
    Link
    I may have to steer from that one for my own heart sake.
    On the topic agreed I hope they either make so she lives whit someone who care about her and not someone who think's she are their propertie or she goes completely rogue and takes over whiteout any maine love interest ^^

English is not my mother language so I may have alot of grammar mistakes :3

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2021
    TheGodEmperor likes this.
  12. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love to see her raise a rebellion and destroy North, (cause of this one princess) South, West, and any other kingdom and become an empress that rules a united nation (but because of her experience she's a good ruler). And, yes, finds a proper love interest that isn't one of these asshat princes.

I understood what you said fine :) and you can speak more languages than I can (I got... one under belt! lol). Curious what is your native language?

13. Pamtiur

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, she should take all while she still is in the center and she already got praised highly fram the grandfather of one of the princes ^^

Thanks ^^
    I am from Norway and its mandatory to learn English as a second language in school from you are 10, so some of us are better than others. Myself are bether to speak than white as my grammar in Norwegian is more or les the same as English ^^

TheGodEmperor likes this.
  14. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean at the beginning when the former king (it seems) was praising her? The one who made his son save her from the rebellion? Still bothers me how dumb that one guy was.. thinking this is any "salvation" :\

well you seem to speak/write it fine to me. So that's neat. I only learned Latin in middle/high school when I was younger. Means I can read a lot of Spanish/French/Italian/Portoguese/etc (at least, enough to get a general understanding of things), but not fluent in those languages :p

Pamtiur likes this.
  15. Pamtiur

Reading List:
    Link
    That's so cool ^^
    And yea that one, and how can the prince think that making her a slave is any form of respecting the elders wishes...
    He can have made her a hostage and use the knowledge she poses to further claim the right to the throne. Like exchange knowledge to more freedom or something...
    Not as a slave...

16. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it seems the king specifically said it didn't matter how Jax saves her: prisoner, slave, princess, whatever. I guess the former king believed her to be smart enough to figure it out from there, make it work and eventually thrive.
    As for Jax, I don't think he had ever met her before (except for when they were children in that one flashback I think), so chances are he did not know she was actually quite smart. He probably though she was ignorant, entitled, arrogant, spoiled and stupid - and tbh he was mostly right lol. He probably still thinks she does not know anything at all and prety much has no use, because until now, she has not really.... done anything smart or anything that shows she has political insight. Plus I guess he'd have to give her a pretty "bad" fate otherwise the rebels he helped would demand her death instead.

17. TheGodEmperor

Reading List:
    Link
    She was ignorant of how people think of her and her father (though the story does a piss poor example showing us why they deserved that thought by the commoners when their area seems like it's been thriving fine and the king had the backing of the army since he was a good commander), but not really ignorant over all. She's also capable to accept her ignorance it seems.

And he's dumb as fuck to think she should have shown anything, she's still pretty young, she has no power (women especially don't have much power in these societies). The prince is just a piece of shit, simple as that. He makes assumptions, gives no attempt to actually find the truth, and I fucking hate him and will be pissed when she (most likely) ends up with him :|

I doubt he HAD to make her life shit when he bought her as a slave from the rebels. Because, let's be honest, no one even knew where she went for the most part. It's clear he's just a complete piece of shit human being who THINKS he's a good person/good leader when he's not. He's coming off as a worse tyrant than her father was supposedly based on what we've seen.

lila_cerullo, Enmea, Le_Tired and 7 others like this.
  18. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I am hoping for either the unknown 4th prince or the tiny little 5th prince. His shit personality makes the most sense with how people say he's cursed and treat him horribly. Show him a little love and affection, and he could turn out to be a decent love interest once she's a sugar mommy ready to keep a hot toy boy lol

Yume-sama, Shikha and Pamtiur like this.
  19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know the only story that did do "Mc falls in love with dude who killed someone close to her" well was basara.

There are so much stories where the ML is the dude who invades MCs kingdom (mostly in manwhas and manuhas)and kills her family that you can make a sub genre of them

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  20. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I also distinctly remember the rage I felt when I found out MC in Abandoned Empress gets together with ML who raped her, slaughtered her family, tortured her, abused her and beheaded her. As one does. If I have to marry someone, that sounds like the kind of guy I'd go with as well.