Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you mean, at times I find the novel somewhat....exhausting as well. But the last chapter of the manga I found equally as disappointing because it did not convey the gravity of the situation at all. I think whatever the middle ground between the two is would be perfect probably.

2. wendygo09

wendygo09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y’know, considering how slow the novel is I’m starting to suspect the manga might overtake the novel at this point ^^;

To those asking for spoilers, there probably isn’t any, because EVEN THE RAWS AREN’T WRITTEN THAT FAR YET. It just doesn’t exist!

Regarding Vio’s choice to go to a convent: it’s because at this point, after all she’s been through, she’s just given up. She doesn’t even want happiness anymore, she just wants peace from all the drama in her life.

I’m interested in seeing how the characters might develop from this point, particularly the Prince and Vio herself. The manga really makes the Prince likeable xD

I love Yulan and all, but his affection for Vio is reeeally overboard. He pretty much ignores and neglects everything unrelated to her and that’s... not good at all. If he grows out of it I might ship him with Vio, but right now I think he’s still best in the friendzone.

But overall I don’t think I’d mind regardless of who Vio ends up with, as long as it gives her motivation to go on and live her new life to the fullest.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    hikaharu, Irie, augacutan and 4 others like this.
  3. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    See, the reason why I can't support the prince in either the novel or the manga isn't really his fault, but as the prince, if she does end up with him, her life is not going to change at all. She will forever be under this massive pressure, forced to interact with that shit family, but Yulan has the power yet is unimportant enough (technically) to just.... take her away. Leave and never turn back.

nontan, littlebunnyjuju, Irie and 5 others like this.
  4. wendygo09

wendygo09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh... when you put it that way... :( Go Team Yulan!

Seriously though, I just want her to end up happy. And eventually overcome that defeatist attitude and realise that she deserves happiness as much as anyone else!

hikaharu, Jukki and KathyClysm like this.
  5. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the tone of the manga. Personally, I think it has that good balance of sadness and light heartedness that I needed for this story. The novel is really depressing and based on the spoilers not much has really happens except Vio realizing she loves Yulan.

I am really interested in the relationship between Claudia and Yulan (which I think isn't discussed enough). There is obviously a lot of history between the two of them and I think if the novel/manga explores their relationship it could provide really good character development for both Claudia and Yulan. It says a lot about how Yulan feels about his family (the royal family) that he literally isn't interested in them at all. I do wonder what his life is like with his adoptive family. Do they treat him well? Does he like them?

Based on the novel spoilers and the manga, I think Claudia has a lot of regret about how their relationship turned out and I suspect that he tried to get closer to Yulan when they were kids, but I imagine the results was a disaster. It would be great if the novel could explore the royal family a bit more. Like who are they? how are they like as people? What kind of father is the king? (I know Yulan was adopted out, but that could have been for obvious political reasons meanwhile the king might actually care about his children, but is just aware of what he needs to do as king). It's clear that Claudia get really flustered when Yulan talks to him and actually listens to his advice. (I just want these two explored)

Even though Yulan does not have a lot of political power, he is still a noble and it has been shown that he is really capable and can look at larger picture, but he isn't interested in obtaining power. I don't doubt Yulan's love for Violetta, but in a lot of ways I feel the two of them are similar. Violetta's desperation to obtain love made her become an awful person in the first life and learned her lesson (thankfully). Yulan is the same to an extent. Violetta is the only positive thing in his life and wants to make sure she is happy and if the spoilers are true, he is willing to go far to make sure that happens. I would love to see his friendship with Gia and his adoptive family explored because it would ground him and show he has other relationships that are equally important to him.

Having said all that, I can understand why Yulan is extreme (if the spoilers are true in the novel). The results of the first life was really terrible and he is afraid of a similar outcome for Violetta's fate whether she instigates it or not (if its true that he also came back in the redo).

6. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, Yulan's and Claudia's relationship is explored a lot more in the novel, even in the few chapters that have been translated so far. Claudia cannot deal with Yulan, because even though he is the Crown Prince, it is pretty obvious that Yulan is a lot better suited to the position. Claudia thinks he is just, but really he is rash and never stops to think about what his actions might cause. Yulan thinks very poorly of Claudia because he is so useless, and he has no love for the royal family. I also seem to remember that he does not care much for his adoptive family as they are simply pawns of the royal family to him. Again, the novel translation is not that far into the story, but all of those things are discussed in much greater detail compared to the manga, so if you are really interested, I recommend checking it out.

7. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!!! I have put studying Japanese on the back burner because my adult life is hectic (I will become fluent damn it!!), but I love all those add ons and when my level gets better I will definitely read the novel. I can definitely understand why Yulan has no love for the royal family and its sad to hear his relationship with his adoptive family is superficial at best. I can see why he clings so much to Violetta since its so difficult for him to make genuine connections with anyone since he is related to the royal family and he is the son of a concubine which doesn't make his life any easier. If it hasn't been explored, I hope we get more on his friendship with Gia. That relationship seems genuine and Gia tends to lighten up the dreary atmosphere in the story. For Violetta to see other sides to Yulan was really refreshing for her and is slowly getting to know other aspects of his personality.

Yulan and Violetta are similar in a lot of aspects and going forward I hope they build each other up rather than feeding into their insecurities and worrying about the future. I really want these two to make it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  8. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    If you just need a break from studying, roughly 37 chapters of the novel have already been translated by the lovely and talented Isohungry Translations: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-swear-i-wont-bother-you-again/
    They update pretty regularily, so even if you don't want to study japanese atm, you can always read the translation :)

Sonianonono likes this.
  9. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just dropping by to say...if she ends up with the prince, I'm gonna start a riot.

10. adz143

adz143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll join ya anytime...

11. famine

famine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we can all agree to riot!

12. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    #YulanIsBestBoi

chiri.ru, Aoi.Caelum and hikaharu like this.
  13. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    #TheNunRouteistheBestRoute
    #MarinDestroysAlltheFlags
    #MaryJunLeaveherAlone
    #NoFatheroftheYearAwardforDukeEver!
    #MiraGetoutandQuitItItsNotFunny
    #ClaudiaGetaBrainPlease
    #WhoistheStepmtoherAgain?

Nukuchan, chiri.ru, emersy and 13 others like this.
  14. Lasika

Lasika Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what's up with the RAWS at the ncode syotesu site? It seems like there's none after 94 chapters - is the author on a break?

Also @ATrueStory noble circuses?? Do you have stories on those?? *__*

15. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel is that?

16. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I understand fl don't want to repeat same mistakes in her current life but there is no reason for her to tolerate this bitch sister or that bastard family she can simply avoid them or can at least ask her mother's family help to get her out of this shit but no our respected fl like to help even the shits who hurt her eg. Prince Cape suddenly torn in a competition but no one is there to fixed it but our fl can't stopped herself to help that shitty bag when it is not even that necessary to help him one side u want to avoid him other side u r attracting him same goes that ignorant stupid bitch Mary sue just say no and get out of her if bullying her in past life is possible then saying no to her is also possible but no she our fl acting more Mary sue then that bitchy Mary sue sister. Seriously I hope in past life marin had poisoned whole family after fl prisoned at least poison that Mary sue trust me if u want to hurt the bastard father hurt this little sue of his. Honestly I don't care if mary Jun is innocent naive or whatever but if someone troubles everytime to u it's annoying and I hate this kind of stupid people the most hope she really have bad ending along side with her damn parents after all they also need to understand fl's pain and world is not simple and lovely in which marrysue is living .

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    nontan and augacutan like this.
  17. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I dont get you . Its like you've forgotten she tried to murder her sister which is why she was in jail. Her sister was the only one who pleaded on her behalf and still visited her even after the murder attempt. (Who the fuck knows where yandere boy was) It wasnt for fun or cause they wanted to make her miserable

You need to stop woobifying and whitewashing her past actions. And making her seem like some sort poor soul who didnt do anything. She herself admitted she was in the wrong in the past life.

And do you even understand this novel? She was in jail for a year whcih changed her. She isn't the same person anymore so dont accept any "face slapping" for gratification

nontan, Irie, LockedPuppet and 2 others like this.
  18. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y r bringing past when I m talking about her present in the first place it is much clear when fl herself stated she don't want anything to do with those people but still helping them (especially prince)and about yulian don't forget the past we have read only from fl POV but exactly she also didn't know about yulian and marin's whereabouts or atleast not bothered with it as she stated that in past she didn't notice him from the time she was chasing prince so maybe that time also didn't notice him if he was there or not and yes maybe ur lovely marrysue had protected her from capital punishment but it doesn't change the fact she left behind to get rotten in jail which is far worse plus by saving her marrysue simply earning people's respect for how kindhearted she is eg. like you who is so much impressed with her for saving fl. If she really want to save her she should work her best to bring her father and sister close since she is so favourable and her father listen her at least she should notice how lonely fl is hence they stay under same roof and how coldly fl being treated by both father and prince and this treatment happening infront of her but did she done anything about it until when fl bestowned with capital punishment now people like u come and say she is clueless about everything despite how intelligent she is even a little child can feel or understand how it looks when one mistreated. Even in her current life she pestering fl or otherwise her dad will punished fl for not valuing his marry sue and obviously marry sue is the source of that dad's information as fl say if she don't do that or this mary sue will tell their dad and how she want to come between yulian and her and following her everywhere which make fl quite disappoint
    Maybe u like marrysue or that prince that's ur Choice who cares but without understanding one's opinion and start arguing is simply childish especially you don't like yulian again it's ur choice but for me he and marin only one who understands fl and always wants her happiness even ready to do anything upto the point to help her with the person she likes and yes yulian is yandere but he is even ready to hand her to that so called justice prince who blames fl infront of whole party without knowing truth just because she was interested in him. I don't like the idea for fl turned into a nun because she also deserves true love and happiness a good family (she is just too young) that she desires and deserves but can't have it and turned crazy in past life but now it's different now she is a matured person and deserves good man and family. And yes trying to kill marrysue stop using same argument to defend marrysue and blaming fl anyone would go crazy if they go from such a treatment from such young age by their own family they might suicide also killing someone is not easy until one break upto that point and marrysue is a competitor to have her father and prince love that she want the most and for her she was who took away everything from her but next life she already understand her mistakes and stop bullying her and that's enoughfor her and I don't think she need more than this close with that marrysue.

maenochka likes this.
  19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Okay cool. We should let go of all the mudrers In jail who killed people cause they snapped. A bad childhood dosent justify killing someone or trying to kill someone innocent. That is a hundred percent her fault. No judge anywhere would go "alright this is clearly not your fault since you had a shitt childhood. Innocent". And however way may put it attempted murder is deserving of jail time. So Mary jun didn't leave her to rot. That was the law working

It took her time late in jail to recognise her own mistake. Why are you willing to erase what the the character herself as accepted was her now doing. Your missing the entire point of her character. Violet t got a second chance I think other characters deserve on too (exact the parents, there adults who had more then once chance)

And the novel isn't finished yet. Mary Juns character Arc isn't finished yet. We dont know how she'll evolve as a character. So you writing everything off and misusing the word Mary Sue is premature.

Second Chances in the main themes of the novel yet you think everyone who was mean to the MC in the first life should just go and die. Without a chance to better themselves. There are tons of CN novels where the reborn MC goes and kills her shitty family after getting reborn. There as good as you might think novels of those caliber are. Those might be more you're speed

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Irie and KathyClysm like this.
  20. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These family of three sh!thead dad, thirdwheel stepmom and airhead stupid stepsister, are the poison of her life. She would’ve much better off by herself after the abusive mother passed away. The point is the dad runaway, lived with another woman and fathered a child for years. Didn’t give a damn about his first, then the moment his wife passed away he just casually strolled in in-towed with his mistress and bas*ard child, and claims the house, the title and wealth as if nothing happened. Shameless! He made the choice to leave, so stay away! It would’ve been different if he at least try to be a father, to heal FL obvious mental trauma, instead he made it worst!
    And like everyone said, the mistress is an adult, knowingly choose to be with a married man and just came into FL life like it was nothing?
    The airhead stepsister? I failed to understand her genius. Like how quick she is to pick up thing. Sure, the first few weeks she maybe too enthralled to suddenly find herself living a life of luxury and the new found status, but really? She saw with her own two eyes, hear with her own two ears, the treatments of his father to her “beloved” sister, but say nothing! Is she naively purely obliviously an airhead? If she’s not intentionally dismissing that, I would believe that she very stupid. If I’m FL, I’m bound to be resentful. She/airhead stepsister has lived a life of blissful love from both parents while she/FL has to endure abuse alone, because her father is a coward sh!thead who runaway to comfort himself in the bosom of another woman and play happy family but greedily came back for the wealth and status, then she/SS forced herself into FL life acting like a goody two shoes using her father‘s authority to make FL to tolerate her. She couldn’t be that stupid given her genius that she has lived for years with her father while he is still married, and expect the abandoned sister to welcome her all smiling with open arms? Talk about being insensitive. But given the sh!thead father and a mistress a mother, I suppose, insensitive is hereditary.

maenochka, EvaChan, EiMyat22 and 2 others like this.