Question Guys who dislike harem....are u ok?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Prince of Sadness, Apr 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The LN or WN version? I find the LN version a lot better.

2. The Punisher

The Punisher The Order

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I reported u to nothing to feel bad about just when u read a comment that u feel is insulting you no reason to pick a fight with them over this u got to be calm like me see 2 of you insult me but I ignore it and try to work it out be more like me

3. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were more like you, I'd be disgusted with myself. I do not find you insulting. I find you DISGUSTING. There is a big difference.

You're the kind of bullying scum that pretends to be a victim whenever someone points out that you are doing something wrong when you start attacks on other people. Two-faced is the term that comes to mind. Poser is another one.

Araenn and Villager Anonymous like this.
  4. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignoring is not trying to work it out, it is avoiding acknowledging your fault.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher The Order

Reading List:
    Link
    I already told u sorry for insulting you that doesn’t give u the right to call me disgusting cause u can hide behind your computer cyber bullying in your generation is really toxic

6. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    You attacked FIVE people and accuse ME of cyberbullying? Refer to my previous post. You are a faker and a two faced hypocrite. And I DO find you disgusting. That is a statement of fact. That I find you disgusting and no matter how you argue, that will not change.

7. The Punisher

The Punisher The Order

Reading List:
    Link
    How about this go read all the cultivation novels, I find them wonderful, anyway I’m going to stop replying to you

8. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You assumed things than sarcastically said sorry without apologizing.

You shouldn't run away from conversations just because you are wrong.

9. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    You seem to misunderstand. I'm fine with harem novels. I'm just capable of looking past my point of view and seeing why others might dislike it. Yes for some people it being a harem is an immediate drop. This is possibly because of a real life belief or prefrence, but for most of the people who dislike reading harem novels it can only be blamed on the fact that these one dimensional characters are so common that they just prefer to not read them altogether. Also harems have a bad habbit of keeping character development in arcs. Character A developes in arc 1, character B in arc 2 ect.. yeah there may be an episode or two afterwards that basically lets you check up on them, but after their character arcs there isnt really much development for them. Also this isnt only a problem with Cultivation novels (though they are a prime example) most of the common harem stories have these issues. Its also not entirely the authors fault. Its hard to create even the two main characters of a romance novel and make them interesting for a long peiod of time. In the case of harems your basically asking them to do so with even more characters.

Ha-Ha, Araenn, Nimroth and 1 other person like this.
  10. MiraculousEagle

MiraculousEagle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im a guy and i don’t really like harem all much i feel love should be shared between two maybe three people it just doesn’t seem as sincere as the other option also i like guy a bot more than girls so yeah that might play a part in it as well

11. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    The harem of dreams.

Wait are.you serious? Why post that? More importantly, how do you still have the time to post that with 15 real dolls to take care of?

Apologies. Didnt relize you were posting this for a friend. I assume they must be burned out.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    heeh this is this while that is that~
    if this cat offered multiple good looking, high class caliber person like on doujin I mean harem story this cat will run away~ it have nothing to do this cat preference toward harem story whatsoever~

13. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jokes on you those are rare too

i did have my fair share of harems that people considere dthe female generic but that was just one sided prejudice a lot of times since a lot of times i got myself reading a work with a single female lead they werent "complex" like people points out, they manage to be not much different than harem girls in some other works i read,its very rare to have an actual complex character

14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the quality of the writing is a lot more important than what kind of writing it is. I love reading books with good female characters, but one of the best ones I've ever come across is in a harem novel. Also, while complex characters are generally better than simple ones, the way the character is executed and the amount of effort the author is willing to make are more likely to make more difference.

15. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont mind harem, but too many harem member means the author would have a hard time to
    dig more to their personality and spin story around the girl(s)/boy(s)
    making them two dimensional character more often than not.

IMO a good harem story is consist about 2-3 ppl, more than that will give negative impact to the character development
    so i'm quite picky with any kind of novel with harem

16. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Well ,After reading novels like Highschool DXD (especially the anime adaptation) and ATG anyone will hate Harem genre.

17. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's actually not because we hate it, it's because when it's introduced, the first girl introduced is forgotten, then the next girl is forgotten, then the next. Afterwards, they don't show up in the story anymore until the last couple of chapters when he marries them all, which is like 1000-2000 chapters away from where you are.

as for Japanese harems, once more members start showing up, everybody else loses screentime and you have no emotional attachment. Essentially, people just hate it because of really poor writing.

Thecomicgeek likes this.
  18. uselessyoungmaster

uselessyoungmaster New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you be fine if an Mc's woman has multiple boyfriends? Better yet, would you be fine if your girlfriend has multiple boyfriends? This type of thread pops up now and then.... listen, its ok to like harems, but you don't need to make threads of why guys who don't like them are like unicorns or something in order to justify your wish fulfillment fantasy wet dream.

Now as to why I don't like harem, I've stated it above. I wouldn't like an MC's girl having multiple guys. Its comical how Harem can be one of the most liked tags and ntr one of the most hated both at the same time. The only reason it can even exist in a novel is because of a weak female lead. A female lead who allows her man to have multiple girls because she's way lower in standing than the mc. A female lead who doesn't have emotions and can't feel jealous. A trophy wife as they say. There's no real romance in that. Sounds more like a virgin's fantasy. And before any of you gets on with the "they had harems in ancient china!" Sure, I don't really know shit about ancient china but I assume, like in any parts of the world, that it had a patriarchal society. Now before you say "so novels with harem are pretty realistic then huh" sure sure, if only there was something that allows women to match men's biological advantages, right? If only there was something that would give women the same opputunity to have as much status as any man right? Like idk... being able to cultivate or something... but then again, that's obvipusly blasphemous.

Araenn and AmethystCherry like this.
  19. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I like harem/reverse harem as a genre, but the stories I've read are largely disappointing. Boring, flat characters with no depth. It's not the genre I dislike, just bad writing, which goes for any story. Would love to read ones with harem members who are more than superficial decorations. Especially with an admirable MC who genuinely loves, dotes on and takes care of their harem. Haven't found one of that calibre yet.

Skaistise likes this.
  20. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this comment reminds me of house of horrors and that says something! Lol I had goosebumps

Araenn and Scyphoza like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.