Discussion Post your City Situation here. (CoViD19 lockdown)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    All of my family was already on Malang or some city around Jawa Timur province. From February. Only me and my wives stay at Jakarta.

Coffea to Ell likes this.
  2. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sound pretty bad!!!!

Here in Northern CA, we aren’t in full lockdown. People r still going about their business. Most places r closed except essential and food places. No dine in. We have 13 confirmed cases. All found right after the lockdown—suspicious. Anyhow, stupid people on fb are calling for more lockdown and shaming people who don’t wear masks or respect Social distance. Most stores r implementing Social distance and providing workers with masks. I just fear the worsts. Still limited TP.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  3. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Jakarta 4 hours before lockdown lv2

cap.toon and Coffea to Ell like this.
  4. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here

prongsjiisan likes this.
  5. hehaaw

hehaaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In about a week or two Bandung might follow.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  6. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They say that if I don't make the evacuation helicopter by 4pm tomorrow they'll nuke the city!

......oh wait, wrong infection....

7. BebiBear

BebiBear Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where I'm at they plan to lift the quarantine a few days from now because business is suffering or something. I was just hospitalized a few months ago and I don't think I would make it out alive if I ever get infected. Is this quarantine situation the same for others I wonder?

prongsjiisan likes this.
  8. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, guess thats the reason why some country hesitated to do lockdown. My gaming friends also infected, he said he's in the hospital now and said he's feeling bad this morning.
    hopefully he's getting better, knowing someone you know infected is way different than
    some stranger on TV

prongsjiisan likes this.
  9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ours is extended for 2 more weeks, until the 28th. Which is a good thing for Ai-chan because Ai-chan suddenly got a job that gives $1000 lump sum if Ai-chan can finish it. Ai-chan won't be able to finish it if Ai-chan has to work too!

10. BebiBear

BebiBear Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry to hear that and I hope your friend gets better. I barely escaped the virus else I would have been infected at the hospital I was in. There is simply too much infected patients at the hospital that they actually advised not to go there unless you have severe need to do so.

Oh congratulations on getting the job. I'm poor so that amount money is incredible. I'd probably be able to complete the 3 meals a day with that much cash xD

prongsjiisan likes this.
  11. PPpupu

PPpupu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's supposed to end on the 14th. Going out to buy groceries and essentials is supposed to be fine, but I'm nervous about doing so.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  12. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    11th April 2020, in the city where the first case of Corona was detected in Indonesia.

After several weeks of being a hermit and avoiding the sun, i had finally been forced to go outside to acquire some basic neccesities. Donning my corona gear, i'm quite surprised to see the changes that happened since my last forage into the outside world :blobspy:.

My housing complex have closed all of their gates, and any visitors are strictly screened and need to go through the disinfectant machine. A great step, but i still question its effectiveness since the said process was being held in an open space instead of a closed room--something that i gauge as the proper thing to do from movies and games :hmm:. Every security personell have finally been armed with masks and disinfectant, and there's a large gallon of it placed in every security post.

Going further than that was an important street that connects the capital and its surrounding orbital cities. The street was surprisingly empty, and i could only spot a few motorcycles that still goes to and fro. The stores along the way are also mostly closed, with the exception of a few small "diner" that probably the owner's main source of income, some street vendors, and minimarkets.

The minimarkets have been imposed with a strict rule regarding its opening and closing hours. A quota (1 person/bag) has also been imposed for basic neccesities such as sugar, and all of the sugar sacks have been moved behind the cashier for security (?) sake. I've managed to grab a bag of sugar after visitig 3 minimarkets, and it was also the last one in stock. Seems like sugar shortages are kicking in, and i need to limit my stressed cookie-making spree. :sweating_profusely:

Crowds with more that 3 person are also rarely seen, even in the street vendor's stall. But when there's a crowd, like the minimarket, some people seems to have a hard time to heed the "social distancing" instruction. i have to use a long umbrella that i've brought with me to "mark" the safe distance after a madam asked me to close the distance between me and the person in front at the cashier line, and she literally spoke while breathing down my neck.

After getting everything that i need, i walked back to my house and realized that my lacks of physicall activity have slowly turned myself into a jelly. rather than walk, wobble might be the the closest words to it. seems like i need to start excercising:blob_coughblood:

And that's the end of my report :blobcatcop:

13. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    she didn't wear any mask? thought the government made law about that

Fulminata and prongsjiisan like this.
  14. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    :LOL::LOL:
    That madam make me feel eerie.
    You have to take a bath after going home. :p

15. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    she did "wear" it. on her chin. so it didn't covers her nose & mouth.

oh people :blobsalute:

Pyoo, prongsjiisan and felidormit like this.
  16. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe she breath with her chins, dont just jump to conclusion XD
    a newtype :D

imK, Fulminata and prongsjiisan like this.
  17. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw somewhere on NUF (I think) there was a question about whether somebody knew someone who has died from corona... well, now I can say I do. One of my aunts has passed away this morning. (We live in a different countries and I haven’t seen her in ages, but still). My uncle, her husband, survived after taking some meds, while she was put into medical coma at the hospital... so it’s real people. Do stay at home and work on your immune system.

Pyoo, imK, Fulminata and 3 others like this.
  18. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Social Distancing Equipment

[​IMG]

Blitz, Chrono Vlad, Fulminata and 6 others like this.
  19. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What! Your hospital is overloaded? 13 cases here, no death.

School for children are home school for the rest of the remaining months.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  20. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020. Reporting from Tokyo, Japan. Currently I am a foreign student here.

So, there were some urgent businesses today, and I need to travel to Ochanomizu (near Akihabara) using train.

The train is almost empty. It was quite a bizarre experience when stopping at Shibuya station, on the weekend, and nobody pass through the door. Almost everybody who board the train wear mask (like 95% of people I saw) and sit at least one space away. Rather than sitting directly next to each other, most people rather keep standing.

In Ochanomizu, some restaurants are closed, especially privately owned restaurant. Large chain restaurants were still open, but only limited until 8 PM.

Strangely, panic buying only happened during 4 days after Tokyo soft lockdown was announced (March 25th to 29th). As for today, I went to supermarket near my apartment and everything is still there (rice, egg, chicken, milk, bread, toilet paper, etc). Even the local vegetable and fruit store is still operating normally. The only thing in short supply is face mask, which is very hard to find in local drug store. However, you can still find it online (albeit with slightly more premium price).

My campus is closed since March 31st and now I am doing research from home. I am not allowed to come unless the work cannot be done from home (such as device measurements). Some lab activities, such as seminar and weekly meeting, is still done through Zoom.

But yeah, compared to China, Taiwan, or South Korea; Japan is very lax on their lockdown and testing policy.

Oh, I have no TV and my Japanese is extremely limited (Japanese is not essential to enroll master or doctoral degree in Japan). So I might not be the most up to date in terms of news and solely relying on my professor email and japan post news hahahaha.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Blitz, Pyoo, imK and 4 others like this.