Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche
    chapter 198:
    “Eyes? Eyes?” the baby said curiously.

“Yes, those are my eyes, so please don’t poke your fingers in them,” said Vandalieu.
    "Poke"-Mei

2. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mei gazed into the Abyss, looked directly into its eyes and said "You are my nanny now~". And it was so. - Memoires of the first saint and founder of the Order of the Tentacles.

So, Yggy Eisen, a tree known (on earth) for connecting the realms/worlds. Is this the Iifa Tree? Is sound like a good Iifa Tree. Now she just need Space Magic~

3. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you mean like guf?

DieForMe and hillo315 like this.
  4. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. It wouldn't be as good as directly walking among the people as they once did. But it's better than

5. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a little-known fact that the abyss is very kind to curious little children, for it can only reflect their innocence.

Also, does this officially mark Orbaume as the center of the world?

Bla8bla, DieForMe, RealSaMu and 3 others like this.
  6. Surya89

Surya89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i keep wondering...
    i might be wrong,but i think maybe in the end Alda will use the remaining Gudu souls and imbued that to Heinz soul in order to defeating the overwhelming Van and his family.
    Just like what Rodiot did.
    And to be frank Alda and Rodiot quiet similar.
    The way they act and thinking,
    Both of them hate losing,no matter how extreme and reckless it is they will be do anything to ensure their victory.
    Even thought Alda slightly better than Rodiot,but think about Alda Faction now and Bellwood fragile mental condition...
    Maybe Alda would succumb to his desire to defeat Van and make an extreme move such using the remaining gudu soul fragment.
    Sorry for my bad english.

7. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt he would do that to his man crush Bellwood.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  8. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think thats possible. He might start another war with Vida's faction, with his fellow gods and heroes after he fix their broken soul. or even Bellwood like he did before rushes to Vans country. Srly Aldas faction is toxic. Personally they are like the demon army, mercilessly killing species that they dont acknowldege. The demon king is a fraction much better than them because he is not an inhabitant to lambda. Those species they hunt are children of a goddess, the goddess of love and LIFE. So naturally they deserve to live in that world because Vida sees them as a solution to the extincting population that is caused by the war.

9. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You made me think of something terrifying, if Mei goes to kindergarten, there will be a few who take an interest in her and by trying to get her attention using things like insects, instead of scaring them they will make her become attached to the child, and not I think your babysitter likes that.
    This makes me imagine in about 1000 years the religions that formed around the protagonists and how their already divine actions will be increased to the point of absurdity.
    that is, surprisingly true.
    no, the center of the world is where Darcia is, because there is Vandeliu, which is the center that unites all this world and the others, although since they are both there, it means that temporarily it is the center of the world.

I have had a theory but until now there were not many foundations, this chapter gave me new foundations, in the hypothetical case that the main Vandeliu died, and if the powers of the main vandeliu (destroy souls, create relatives, manage the reincarnation circle) would pass to a new soul of Vandeliu such as the Vandeliu of origins, Banda or some family member, through some hierarchy or simply the one who is closest, I base myself on the comment that Vandeliu himself has doubts about which is the main body, and If this means that now or in the future Vandeliu will be able to choose which of them is the main one, perhaps even passing the privileges like creating relatives to others.

Reman Scimitar, Nimitz and hillo315 like this.
  10. w1ck3d

w1ck3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... he did let his boy toy die, even tho he could have kept him eternally young, for all time. That right there should tell you Alda must have realized the remaining heroes were a threat. And Alda himself eventually became aware that the two idiots were feeding off each other. But by then, he'd already sacked Vida's nation. And just how long did the three heroes live, before Alda stopped rejuvenating them? I had originally thought Bellwood died at 50K, possibly from starvation (Bellwood's body withers away, while Chainbro tortures him), but the story tells us God-Bellwood hunted down evil gods. So he'd already been dead, long before that.

11. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized the last chapter didn't show up Van new job change :blobpensive:...

By the way, will a new, superior version of Tree Caster appear now that Eisen ranked up to a Yggdrasil? A golem genesis job from golem creator&transmuter may appear too.

How many new jobs based on Van new awakened skills will appear :hmm:

12. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seemed like he let them pass on, so that they could becomes actual Gods (since they need to die to do so) and help run the world (into the ground).

13. w1ck3d

w1ck3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That certainly is a possibility, with Farmaun & Nineroad most suitable to take on the fire & wind elements. And I could see Bellwood guiding the others down that path, but then you're cutting off having a physical presence on the surface and taking a huge risk because they may not be able to ascend to godhood.

Does ascension rely solely on the living or is it a cumulative thing? In Van's case, it does appear cumulative, but then he was the first to become a living god. If it were cumulative for the others, they too should have reached that status before dying. So if it's a matter of faith, would the remaining 3,000 people be enough followers?

Bla8bla, DieForMe and hillo315 like this.
  14. Shadowsiver88

Shadowsiver88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you all forget way back in the beginning that it was stated that know matter how much energy you use even with high level life magic you cant live forever only when the death magic can it be done

hillo315 likes this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Comparing the so-called Gods to Van isn't exactly a plausible comparison as Van is a practically a new type of God that breaks the norms. The standard for a soul to reach heroic spirit/lesser god is one does need to die (think of it as an insect or reptile molting/shedding off the old skin) while being graced by Major gods like KKKAlda.

Bla8bla and DieForMe like this.
  16. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remain Scimitar thinks Alda a member of the KKK.

Explain a lot of things.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  17. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think that is entirely true... Guduranis and the other evil gods, how did they come into being?

hillo315 likes this.
  18. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    They invaded Lambda how many millenia ago? Every world is different on how Gods are born/made.

Well, his actions and beliefs is on-par with KKK and itching to toss Third Reich in that case as well.

19. w1ck3d

w1ck3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it really just comes down to wither being with physical bodies come into existence first or beings with metaphysical bodies come into existence first. From there if further differs because the soul of a being with a metaphysical body should be able to continue to grow, while the soul of a being with a physical body cannot grow beyond their physical form. Rodcorte himself said that Rikudo's soul had grown in size beyond the limits of a human body, so this should actually fit within that reasoning.

Having said that, composition of the worlds they originate from are entirely different. So much, that it does beyond wither the chicken or the egg came first. To the point that in a world in which physical beings came into existence first, the world is one that if life perished, it'd become a dead world and in one in which the metaphysical came into existence first, and they perished, the world would disappear along with them. Remember the Demon King's army invaded because their world was on the verge of collapse? And that Origin would have become a dead world, had Rikudo succeeded?

20. DieForMe

DieForMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They'll be nerf the
    Alda would likely use it on himself
    Im quite curious my self

Faith on van is qualitative, on the other hand, alda is more quantitative

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.