Discussion Share your traumatic novel experience!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Martialegg, Apr 18, 2020.

?

Have you experienced a traumatic reading experience?

1. Yes.

32 vote(s)
    86.5%
  2. Nope.

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fellow reader, you will surely understand what I meant by the title.
    Sometimes, some books are so painful to read that you can't help to drop it even if you've tried.
    and sometimes, they are so painful that you memorize the whole experience for a lifetime. :blob_teary:

Each time you hear the book's title, you'll remember the traumatic experience and having the urge to spit on such book to even exist. You'll be treating its existence as a troll for readers of the genre. :blob_coughblood:

Here's my experience:
    As for me, I've read a story about an invisible dragon just now. The experience is very hard to describe. It's like you're being forced to eat shit, but you can't stop because you're too curious to see the ending. There's only 50 chapters of it and I thought it would be finished in no time.
    The result? The ending is so painful, that I feel the urge to share my experience with other people. I honestly think the author is intentionally doing this.

So, I'm interested to see hear your experience toward such book! Share it on the comments below!
    For the sake of peaceful and neutral discussion, please don't state the title of the book or at least add a spoiler tag on it!
    Thx for reading. (y)

readerz, Loni4ever and Fulminata like this.
  2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably my first NTR. I don't remember the name as I didn't bookmark it. I didn't want to.

I was still a filthy weeblet and I just couldn't stop reading. Once done, I sat down in my shower and had one simple question: Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

3. Randolph

Randolph Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I won't elaborate too much about my exprience since I know you all will understand with this one word: 'NTR'... well... yeah... that's it... what? You don't understand? Good for you then, try to keep that mindset, thought I'm not sure how long since I'm pretty sure you'll understand one day if you walk along this path (novelupdates) with no intention of stopping -__-'...

Martialegg and Hakumachan like this.
  4. Hakumachan

Hakumachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not just one book, it is an entire collection of books by the same author. i think a set of 4 books. it left a shadow against straight romances. i have lost the ability to read them

5. Hakumachan

Reading List:
    Link
    ntr?

Martialegg likes this.
  6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    same as @Ekfreet ....Damn NTR, even to this day can't forget it.....:blob_teary:

Martialegg and Almaa like this.
  7. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never tried reading a NTR before. What is it like? i've searched just know what exactly it means and it also said something like this " Basically it involves emotional hurting the significant other and with this also the audience.".....

Martialegg likes this.
  8. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats something that i got by searching what it means :blobsmile:
    "The NTR in the title stands for netorare, which translates to "cheating" in Japanese. While the term is similar to cuckold ("husband of an adulterous wife") the couples involved here are not in a marital affair. In the story, the two girls cheat on their boyfriends by doing things with each other."
    (First time searching what it actually means in my life, glad i did it. Now i know what else to avoid other than Josei)

9. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cheating

Martialegg likes this.
  10. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me, no matter how much you try to avoid NTR, in the end, you'll read something with NTR and get suicidal thoughts afterwards.

Fulminata and Martialegg like this.
  11. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if it counts, but for me it was horrible reading a few hundred chapters from something only to drop it, because i couldn't keep on making myself read it by saying that it might get better.

12. Hakumachan

Reading List:
    Link
    doing things with each other when they have boyfriends?
    oh god no!

Martialegg and Almaa like this.
  13. Jerry chicks

Jerry chicks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The NTR manga called I will protect You definitely broke me.

Martialegg likes this.
  14. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei... I want to keep going... but it's so hard... now I can't keep it even with milder stuff.

Martialegg likes this.
  15. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think i've read yet any NTR? (maybe, not sure) And i think that i would remember dropping something because of it if i did (so i'll just think that i was lucky so far by not reading any :blobangel::blobangel:)

Martialegg likes this.
  16. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Same :blobjoy::blobjoy: (if you're not being sarcastic :blobsweat::blobsweat:)

17. Hakumachan

Reading List:
    Link
    mamotte agemasu?
    it is horrible!!!

Martialegg likes this.
  18. Takeru Takaishi

Takeru Takaishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia, xuanhuan? Reading those are a slog, it is so painful. ultimately, some of them are just time wasters...

Hmm... my house of horrors? It's my favorite novel. In order to binge reading, I am reading it each night, far beyond the midnight sometimes. And you know, being a horror genre... sometimes you get sensitive to sounds and your behind in the night? What lied underneath your bed? What is in the bathroom? That kind of feeling filled me for a few days. Oh. I hate horror genre too. Can't watch a horror movie, really.

Honestly...not yet, I think? I've been sucker punched by tragedy in stories, but I usually pick them up again.

what's the difference between NTR and MC who makes someone's girlfriend fall for him?

AmethystCherry, Gitami and Martialegg like this.
  19. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What you described is Netori, Netorare (NTR) is someone else fucking your girlfriend and making her addicted to his dick, make you watch several video tapes of that and finally make her break up with you if you didn't do that already. Then, also sending you several pics of the evolution of her eventual pregnancy.

Nowadays, such things don't even faze me. Internet has thoroughly corrupted all of us.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  20. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    I can also say that i was traumatized by watching a movie from berserker when i was younger (far too young). I think it was "Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen III - Kourin" (even though i only remember what i hoped that i would've forgotten) :blob_teary::blob_teary:

Martialegg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.