Spoiler A Capable Maid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by thoughtless, Aug 22, 2019.

1. frida95

frida95 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooes decir que los dos casi se le confesaron al mismo tiempo

imusick88 likes this.
  2. highsky44

highsky44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to Kielhel at the end? There's no happy ending form him? He just stays at Marie's side as a knight and be happy without finding another love?

And also when Marie found out she loves Rael?

Thank you so much for the spoilers!

3. cabelwillard

cabelwillard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest raw chapter (33) just came out and we see marie and rael in the church and they're playing the piano together :blobnosebleed:

Haleena, Hoshi_Aozora, saix2 and 2 others like this.
  4. imusick88

imusick88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Over a year after Marie married Rael, Kielhan is still in love with her. Of course he try not to show it. He works as a knight in Kloyan, still the head of Setton family visiting his northern estate at times. Marie is worried because he works past his schedule and does not let the other knights replace him in guarding her. She knows he's happy being by her side but she wished him happier. Nah, no mention of a new girl. (This is the second side story. Chapters 6-8 fyi.)

Marie realized her feelings to Rael when he got very sick. She felt sorry because she thought it was too late; she later cured him. There was no confession but when Rael got better, he knew after seeing how worried she is. She no longer refused his advances as well as the empress title.

Azka Anees, forevxo, Ivasama and 33 others like this.
  5. frida95

frida95 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Un pobre kiel no se me da cosita eternamente enamorado de ella que cosa aaaaa amo a kielhan pero soy team rael también lo adoro
    Que difícil decisión para Marie los dos son un encanto
    Awwww pero no puedo evitar no amar los momentos rael y Marie ame el capítulo 33 de los dos tocando juntos
    Y le lindo como ella comenzó a demostrar que estaba enamorada de él

imusick88 likes this.
  6. frida95

frida95 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gracias mil gracias adoro tus spoliers
    Es que amo esta novela no se pq me la adoro

imusick88 likes this.
  7. cabelwillard

cabelwillard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rael will get sick? Omg

8. imusick88

Reading List:
    Link
    Marie moved to the Lion Palace. The maids were wary of her because she was personally requested by Prince Rael who had never done that before.

On her first day, she was assigned in his office. Rael's knight, Almond, was there too. Rael was distracted. First, he ordered her to sit down (maids are not supposed to). Next he told her to eat because it was past lunchtime and he's busy. When she came back, the knight was not in the office. She sat back and fell asleep. He stood up to check on her. He thought how in fact he was spacing out today, how pure and clean (her face) she is, how different she is from him (The Blood Prince), should he send her away, does she know how much she affects him...

*Trans:
    He lifted his hand as if he was mesmerized and slowly took it to her face. He swallowed when he touched her cheek. That soft feeling on his fingertips.
    "Marie"
    His heart felt warm. His fingers are careful as if touching a fragile glass. The moment it headed to her red lips, he was upset.
    'What are you doing to the sleeping lady, Rael?'
    He bit his lips, "I think I have to go for a walk."*

Before Rael left the room, he took a blanket and covered Marie.

It was already dark when she woke up. Rael's no longer there. His knight told her there's no need to wait until Rael gets to bed because he suffers from insomia. She thanked the guard for the blanket but he told her it was not him.

Marie dreamt of someone brewing a tea. Days passed and it was her turn to be the prince's night watchmaid. When she commented how getting himself busy might hinder his sleep more (she sound concerned) she saw the Blood Prince smile for the first time. She brew him tea and Rael fell asleep.

Since then she have been putting Rael to bed by brewing him tea and playing the piano. Those in the Lion Palace regarded her as the most trusted maid of the prince.

(Btw, Rael takes his mask off and puts it on the bedside table when he's about to sleep. His bed has a canopy.)
    The two candidates for the crowned princess title, Ariel and Rachel, came to the palace. When Ariel met Marie she mocks her upon learning she is a prisoner of war (most of the maids in the Lion Palace are low rank and fallen nobles). Rachel on the other hand asked Marie to help her by lending her abilities to which she agreed in exchange for her freedom.

The headmaid was reprimanded when she tried to assign Marie as Rachel's full-time personal maid upon the latter's request. Rael told the headmaid that Marie can attend to Rachel but not full-time. He said, "She is mine."

Came the banquet to formally announced the start of selection, Ariel sabotaged Rachel's dress. Marie fixed an old-fashioned dress and Rachel became the talk of the event. During Rachel's turn to dance, Rael asked who made her dress. She said she did, not knowing that Rael had a strong feeling it was Marie.

After the banquet, Marie played the piano for Rael. On his bed, he thought of Marie and how as the Prince his obligation is to choose one that would be of benefit to the empire.

Selection continues and this time Rael visited the two candidates. They were to greet him and serve him snacks. Rachel presented baked goods. Rael knew Marie baked them as it tastes similar to the one she gave him before. Still, he asked Rachel who made it and Rachel claimed she did.
    Meanwhile Marie has some free time and decides to go around the imperial palace. She came to the garden in the castle of Emperor Thor II and met Kielhan. When Marie asked how is he, Kielhan said he's not doing well. "Did something bad happen?" Marie asked and Kielhan answered, "That's not it. I missed you, Miss Marie." She blushed. There was an awkward moment when she said it's okay to leave her and Kielhan was like, I'm done with my duty (doesn't seem like it and Marie tried to calm her heart; she's starting to get conscious). He noticed she lost weight. He then invited her for a bite and they went to a luxurious restaurant, the best in the capital. When the attendant asked who the lady is and Marie was about to answer, worried they might misunderstood, Kielhan said "A lady I cherish". He later apologized if she felt uncomfortable because he was 'greedy' and brought her to such place. Marie was thinking she was like Cinderella. She enjoyed the food and conversation. She even thought of settling in Kielhan's northern estate once she left Lion Palace. He invited her to visit, and she thought it must be good to live there if it's ruled by Kielhan. On Cinderella, err, Marie's way back, Kielhan told her not to trust Rachel as she might just be using her. Marie told Kielhan she knows and she will get something back out of it. He was like, "I won't ask more. But, please, don't do it all by yourself. Let me know when you're in trouble".
    Ariel was given the task to greet guests, the Eastern Pagans. She prepared a banquet and offered a (non-halal) veal. The guests felt insulted and walkout. Rachel told Rael how to appease the guests by serving vegetables and fish. Again, Rachel claimed the credit saying she read it from a book. When Rael asked the name of the book, she told him so (just as Marie told her) not knowing that Rael knew the book was exclusively published in Kloyan.

The pagans seek Rael to ask for food aid as they are suffering from drought and threatened war if Rael does not conform. Over dinner, Rachel told him the solution Marie told her (sugarcane seeds to plant) not knowing that Rael had just come up with the same solution. When he did a follow-up question to Rachel, she didn't know the answer. It was then when Rael told her that he knew everything and that he despised people who lie to him. He then asked to speak privately with Marie and she asked for his forgiveness. She answered what Rachel was not able to answer: trading with a broker. At the end, Marie was surprised to see him laugh as he was amazed with Marie's wit and how similar her opinions are to his. He asked Marie what reward would she like if everything goes as planned. Marie said she wants to have freedom to which he immediately agreed. He even told her the reward was simple and she can ask for more (he'll give her more).

Months passed and everything went as planned. Rael told the people that the idea was not his but of Marie. Everyone started to take notice of her. She was very happy because soon she would be free. She started planning how she would live her life, perhaps settling in Kielhan's estate.

Came the announcement of reward, she was told she was no longer a prisoner of war. But she was given a title and a surname, Marie von Hildern. She is now a noble with a title given to someone precious to the imperial family and subject to the emperor. She was like, "What?" The one who read the royal decree was like, "Congratulations. Didn't the prince told you?" She was very disappointed because it meant she can't leave the palace. A formal ceremony, accolade, was led by Rael. She continued her work as a maid.
    Because they are visiting the poor southwestern region affected by the civil war, Rael was frugal. He did not want to travel with a big entouraged. The headmaid insisted he bring one maid with him. Marie was asked to join his inspection visit. It's a visit to check and iron out all that's needed to start planting sugarcane.

When they were about to leave, Marie saw Ran talking to the other knights. She greeted him casually and asked how is he. Ran acted awkwardly. Osmond/Almond, puzzled, asked Marie why is she talking casually with the prince. When she thought Almond must have been joking, Rael opened his mouth and said that he wasn't trying to deceive her.

Inside the prince's wagon, Marie recalled the similarities; how another maid said that the prince is very beautiful and how the two have similar cold eyes. He caught her staring but asked if she's okay with the ride. Marie said she's good. She then apologized for how she acted at the festival. Rael said it's okay and had himself busy reading documents. Marie kept staring at him wondering what's with the mask if he have a beautiful face. When she was about to ask, the wagon entered a rough road and shook.

*Trans:
    Marie lost balance and sway forward. She close her eyes expecting to hit hard. But it was strange. She fell and hit something yet it didn't hurt. Instead, it felt soft yet solid. She opened her eyes in surprise.
    'I could see a face in front of me'
    It was Rael's.
    "Are you okay?" Rael asked confusedly.
    For a moment, she didn't know what happened. She blinked her eyes and realized she was in his arms.
    "Sorry. Sorry."
    "It's okay. Didn't you get hurt?"
    She's not hurt but she's in his arms.
    'I made this mistake to the prince', Marie thought. 'Even if I apologized a hundred times, this is felony'
    It was at that moment, when she was in a hurry to move away, the wagon sway and she lost her balance once again. She fell back into the prince's arms. It was deeper than before.
    It seemed like time stopped. She was completely in his arms. She can't think.
    (Heartbeat)
    Is it her chest or is she hearing his heartbeat?
    It was too quiet. One could only hear their breathing.
    "Are you okay?"
    Only then did Marie realized everything. She moved away from his arms.
    "Sorry. Sorry."
    "No. I hope you're not hurt."
    Rael, like her, had a flustered face. But Marie who was completely embarrassed did not see it.
    Marie bowed her head.
    'I was hugged by the prince'
    Her chest keeps beating hard. Maybe it was beating hard because she unintentionally committed such misdemeanor. Or maybe there's another reason.
    "It's dangerous. Be careful."
    "Yes."*

Rael pulled out the papers. Unlike Marie, he doesn't seem affected. She composed herself. Little did she know Rael used the papers to cover his red face. 'This is the reason why I was trying to come alone' he thought. In the future, they would be alone more often and he wondered how he would have to endure it.

They finally arrived at the southwestern region. Marie asked Rael if he's okay. Rael thought he should be, if not for her. He was distracted and conscious throughout the trip especially when their knees rubbed or when he's worried she might get sick with the ride.

They need to camp out. Rael was worried about Marie. He asked Almond if he brought his bedding and he said he did. Came the time for everyone to rest, Marie was surprised with her bedding. No matter how many times she looked at it, her bedding is better than everyone else including Rael's. She told him it's not hers, it must be his. Rael insisted it's not his. Before leaving Marie, he told her to sleep near the bonfire because it's cold. Marie was left wondering, does the prince care about her? Under the heat of the bonfire, Marie fell asleep.

*Trans:
    There was an oncoming shadow. It was a radiant blonde with a picturesque face, Prince Rael.
    "Are you comfortable?"
    He stared down at her with a complex look.
    "What should I do to you?"
    He muttered in a bitter voice.
    'I can't help it. Even if I try to turn my eyes away, I can only see you. What am I supposed to do?'
    "Can I not have you like this?"
    Rael eventually spit out his heart in a sad voice.
    'Yes, I want to have her.'
    No matter how many times he denies it, his heart longs for her.
    'If it wasn't for the oath I did then...' Rael sadly smiled.
    It was an oath on his blood-soaked iron mask.
    If it was his past self, he would have had her. Rael sighed. He covered his blanket in her body against the cold wind. He hesitated for awhile and slowly brought up his trembling hands, pulling it back before it touches her head. Rael sighed once again with deep thoughts. Then he shook his head and stood up.
    It was then, a low voice called Rael.
    "It's not good to suppress your emotions too much."
    "----!"
    Rael was surprised and turned.
    It was his loyal servant, Almond.
    The prince's face bacame cold.
    "What do you mean, Almond?"
    "It's exactly as I said. If you suppress your feelings, you may regret it." Almond said.
    "Sometimes, your honest feelings are what matters most."
    "---"
    The prince was silent for awhile.
    As Almond stays close to him all day he noticed his feelings towards Marie.
    "Is it from experience?"
    "That's right." Almond said with a bitter voice.
    "In the past, I also turned away from my heart and I regretted it. Your Majesty, I wish you won't commit the same mistake as me."
    "----"
    The prince was silent for a long time. He sighed and open his mouth.
    "I can't do that. Don't you know well?"
    "----Majesty"
    "How I live, you know better than anybody, don't you?" said the prince, biting his lips.
    "All of me exists for the empire. So it doesn't matter what my personal feelings are."
    Almond had a sad expression. The prince had a sad voice.*

He turned away and told Almond he would go see a place alone. He disappeared through the woods.

Marie had a light sleep, woke up and decided to walk for a bit. She saw Rael in the forest but he didn't noticed her. He followed Rael and was surprised when he stopped in front of a cemetery. Rael didn't say anything, he just stood there with his eyes fixed on the remnants of a village.
    Rael was met with antipathy by the townspeople who refused to provide labor. The prince didn't want to force them because planting and harvesting sugarcane requires intense labor and working half-heartedly might not bring them a good harvest.

Marie had a dream and soon told Rael how teaching the value of sugar might help (at that time, the people of the East Empire are more familiar with honey than sugar; a few of those in southwestern region knows how sweets taste). She baked sweet breads and other sweet treats which they distributed to the townspeople. The townspeople started to look forward to Marie's distribution visits.

Everyone was excited when they heard that Marie will perform a concert in the townsquare and sweet breads would be given. After Marie's warm music touched their heart, Rael went up the stage and recited all the names of the towns affected by the civil war. He told them he would not expect their forgiveness because he knows how hard it must have been but he hope they could help him rebuild these towns in honor of the victims. The administrator later informed Rael how the townspeople are now willing to provide labor.

It was time to go back to the capital. Rael and Marie were looking at the fields. Both were excited how these fields would soon be filled with sugarcane. It is here when Rael asked a favor from Marie: That the next time they visit (a couple of years in the future) she would still stand next to him. Marie said she would if Rael could promise that he would show her mercy once to which Rael agreed, telling Marie he could show her mercy many times.

Note: When Marie started working in the Lion Palace, she saw how hardworking Rael is. Although harsh to enemy, he was a good ruler to his people. She thought how if she was not born as Princess Morina, she would have been happy to be a citizen under his protection. She sincerely wanted to help the prince but the thought of him killing her is what keeps her reluctant.
    Rael and Marie's relationship evidently became closer when they got back to the imperial palace. Aside from her maid duties, Marie was doing secretarial tasks exclusive to the prince. Rumors started circulating.

Rachel covertly insinuated how shameful it would be for Ariel if Marie takes the prince. Ariel looked for Marie and saw her doing some magic tricks with Prince Oscar. Prince Oscar just got out from probation and he looked for Marie to show his magic tricks. He was like, "Did you forget me?" And Marie was like, "How can I forget someone as cute as His Majesty?" He said, "I'm not cute. I'm cool."

Ariel accused Marie of blasphemy as the latter was touching the prince and playing magic tricks. Oscar outsmarted Ariel. He countered all of Ariel's tirade and asked her to apologize. She did, to Prince Oscar. The child said she should apologize to Marie too and when she hesitated to apologize to a 'maid' Prince Oscar proudly said that he would marry Marie in the future to the surprise of the two ladies.

When Marie avoided Ariel as she was on her way with a task from Rael, Ariel took it as discourtesy and tried to slap her. Kielhan who was looking for Marie came just in time and hold Ariel's arm. He told Marie to go ahead. He threatened Ariel not to touch even Marie's hair or else she'll be sorry.

That night, Ariel was visited by Prince Rael. He reminded her of the title given to Marie and told her to be cautious of her actions. Rael, upon hearing the incident, was angry just like Kielhan. Ariel is stunned and scared of both guys.

On his way back, Kielhan halted Rael and told him not to take Marie lightheartedly. He told him how his actions caused rumors and might harm Marie.
    Marie dreamt of a thief. She tried to wake up as she doesn't want to be a thief. But her dream continued.

The next morning, she met palace officials including Kielhan in Rael's office. She learned that the Holy Grail, a most valued treasure from Kloyan, was stolen from the Imperial Cathedral together with other less valuable things. A search was conducted and a box containing the other stolen items (except the Holy Grail) was seen in Marie's cabinet inside her room. She was imprisoned.

Rachel got a thank you letter from King Johannes III. It was a plot by the West Empire King to get the Holy Grail. He previously sent her the map of the imperial cathedral. She, in addition, framed Marie. (By the way, the news of Marie being credited for coming up with the sugarcane planting & trading solution reached the West Empire and King Johannes III suspected Marie of being Princess Morina. He sent a spy to investigate.)

Outside Rael's office there was a commotion and he ordered to let the people in. He was surprised to see imperial palace workers, from maids to gardeners to kitchen helpers to orchestra members (those that worked with Marie and whom she helped) as well as Prince Oscar. They told Rael that Marie must not be the thief. A trembling Prince Oscar who was scared of Rael clenched his fists and asked Rael to punish him instead. Rael was amazed. Suddenly Kielhan's voice was heard asking Rael to give him time and he would surely offer the culprit's neck to him. Everyone was surprised when Rael started to laugh.

Of course, he doesn't believe Marie was the thief. The true culprit will not hide a stolen item in his/her own room. Everyone left his office except Kielhan. Rael ordered him not to kill the thief, he would like to do so himself.

Marie was visited by Rael. It was Rael who spoke first, "Are you eating well?" Marie realized the prince still trusts her. He watches as she eats. Afterwards, Rael asked Marie to help him find the thief. She was overwhelmed with the trust and agreed.

It was not easy to let Marie out but Rael assured everyone that he would take full responsibility. They had architects measure and come up with a blue print of the cathedral. Because it's impossible for the thief to pass through the guards without them noticing, there must be a secret passage, Marie thought. Anything on the blueprint that would show a space without a structure would most likely be a secret passageway. And she was right. She also figured how to open it with the candelabra that seemed to have been touched recently based on the pattern of its dust. Again, Rael admired her even more. They walked through the secret passage which led them to a garden at the back of Lion and Star Palace. Star Palace is where Rachel stays. Another inspection was conducted but the Holy Grail is still nowhere to be found. Marie figured it is possible to get it out through miscellaneous workers such as the filth (garbage) collectors. They gather all the miscellaneous workers but one is missing, it was a guy that took the garbage out this morning from the Star Palace. Kielhan did a chase and recovered the Holy Grail but the thief escaped.

Those that badmouthed Marie felt guilty. She was admired more for her help with the Holy Grail. Rumors about her being the 'Angel of the Imperial Palace' also started.

Rachel was interrogated by Rael. She cried and acted innocently. When she was dismissed she thought they were convinced she had nothing to do with the thief. But, she was wrong. Rael and Kielhan saw right through her sinister act and hated her more for framing Marie. The two just need a strong evidence so they could punish her severely.
    Marie dreamt of an archer. Soon she accompanied Rael for the empire's annual hunting event. On their first day, she saw a claw wound after she took his armor off but the prince tried to disinfect it by himself. As he was having difficulty reaching his wound, he had no choice but to let Marie tend to it. With Marie touching his bare skin, Rael was tensed and could only hoped she would be done sooner.

Days passed and the hunting continues. It was evident to Marie that Rael have been avoiding her, going as far as having Almond solely communicate to her.

On the last day, Ariel apologized to Marie for the past incident. As Ariel was about to leave, a guy riding a horse came telling Marie she needs to come with him because Rael was injured. Ariel decided to go with them. Rachel saw the three and thought of how it went more convenient with Ariel coming along. (Marie was with a bow and arrow.)

Marie was getting suspicious before the guy left them deep in the forest. A wolf soon tried to attack them. Marie shoots it and a few more predators as they try to make their way back. Soon, she was exhausted and her arms were stiffed. Though she gained the ability of an archer, the body is still that of a young lady. It is then when she saw a tiger. As it was about to devour Marie, Rael came and killed it.

*Trans:
    The tiger runs toward her like a lightning, and Marie closes her eyes.
    Painful screams echoed along with an eerie penetrating sound.
    Marie opened her eyes. She saw an incredible scene.
    Briliant blonde, blue eyes and a picturesque face. The prince with a blood-soaked body is holding the tiger's breath.
    "Your Majesty?"
    Marie opened her mouth to see if she was dreaming. Why is the prince here?
    "Marie"
    The prince looked back at her. For some reason, he was stripped of his iron mask and his bloodied face is full of bitterness.
    It really is the prince.
    At that thought, the tension was released in Marie's body. Unlike his appearance, the prince's body showed no major injuries and Marie was relieved.
    Her head is blank. She don't know what to say. But something unexpected happen.
    The prince embraced her.
    Marie's eyes widened.
    'I can feel his body.'
    "Your Majesty?"
    As soon as she opened her mouth, the princed raised one hand and wrapped her head.
    "Are you okay?"
    "----"
    "Where did you get hurt? Are you okay?"
    A voice with endless worries. Marie forgot her embarrassment and cried unconsciously.
    "Yes, Your Majesty."
    "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry that I am late."
    Apologizing in a painful voice.
    With a trembling hand, he touched her face. His hands passed over her eyes and turned to her lips. He touched her lips as if he was touching a fragile glass.
    "From now on..."
    His face was close, close enough to feel each other's breath.
    He swore.
    "I won't let you go."
    Marie's heart flutters.
    Slowly his lips overlapped hers.*

Apparently, Rael had a knight secretly guard Marie so when the guy took Marie and Ariel, the knight followed. The knight lost track of them though and informed Rael. He was frantic to find her knowing how dangerous the forest is. Rael thought that is something bad happened to Marie, he might not be able to take it. He realized she is more important than anything else and that this time, he won't turn away from his feelings.

Rael successfully caught the guy who confessed he was bribed by Rachel and soon she was imprisoned. When Rachel's father visited her, he slapped his daughter. She was abandoned by her family and King Johannes III. She refused to confessed about the Holy Grail incident and without an evidence, the sentenced was minimized to life imprisonment.

In prison, her food ration was cut and she was on the verge of death when Rael visited her. On compromised, she finally confessed how King Johaness III was behind the theft. Rael decided not to kill Rachel hoping that by doing so God would have mercy and bless him and Marie. (He initially thought of killing her even after she confessed telling Orn, "Why do I have to keep my promise?")

After witnessing the forest incident, Ariel backed out saying she would like to find a man who would love her more than anything. Marie visited her to assure that she have nothing going on with Rael but Ariel made up her mind. At the end, Ariel asked Marie, "What are you going to do with His Majesty and the Marquis?"
    Marie turned down Rael saying she is not suitable for him. Rael told her it doesn't matter as he will be the Emperor and ranks are up to him. She then told him that although she respects him, it is nothing romantic. Rael was seen with a determined eyes. He said that he wants all of her; body, mind and heart. He promised he would do everything so she would like him too.

It was Winter. Kielhan with an umbrella was waiting for Marie (After Kielhan saw Marie drenched one time, he started sending her to the hostel after her work). Marie remembered how sorry she was for Kiel. Kielhan previously confessed and just like Rael, she turned him down. He told her it's okay as he was happy simply by being with her. On their way to her hostel, Kiel insisted to be her escort in the upcoming New Year Banquet Ball. Marie agreed. So, when Rael asked to be her escort the next day, she admitted that she already promised Kiel.

It's the first time Kiel escorted a lady so everyone wonders who she is until they realized it was Marie, the prince's maid. When Rael came, he immediately looked for Marie. His admiring eyes turned to her face then to her dress before getting upset seeing her hand holding Kiel's arm. The stares made her feel like she was doing something wrong.

The orchestra later announced that they have a guest performer, Marie, to her surprise. After she played the piano, the guests praised her with some saying that they look forward to her next performance.

Dance soon started and Kielhan asked for a dance. Sitting at his throne, Rael's eyes followed the two. When Kiel almost hugged her towards the end of their dance, he couldn't take it anymore and stood up. Orn was worried and said, "Majesty, where are you going?"

Marie had fun dancing with Kiel. They agreed for another dance after she rest a bit. Rael approached the two and Kiel went in front of Marie. Rael was like, "I'm talking to Marie. Get out of my way." He was insisting she dance with him. Marie got in between to avoid the tension and agreed.

Unlike the comfort she felt with Kielhan, Marie was tensed especially when she stepped on Rael's foot a few times. The dance later turned into a sweet song and Rael was almost hugging her. Towards the end of the dance, he wisphered in her ears, "As I said the last time, I want to have all of you. Yes, I would wait even if you push me away. I don't want an empty shell. I want to have your heart. But I'm not very patient. If you provoke me again like today..." Rael's arms held her more tightly. "I might just take you away. So don't get me too upset. It's a warning." Flustered, she run outside as soon as the song finished.
    Marie decided not to go back to the banquet. As she was about to leave, she bumped into a handsome brunette guy and spilled his drink on his white suit. She was sorry. The guy said he missed her and was looking forward to seeing her again. Marie asked, "How come?" He told her he was referring to her performance awhile ago and that he's a fan. He invited her to his upcoming banquet. Knowing she owes him a favor, Marie agreed. Marie asked his name, he said he was Count Catalac.

Marie received an invitation the next day. The event happens to be on her dayoff. It was a large banquet and she assumed everyone would come with an escort. She asked Almond to be her escort. He refused saying he already planned to go fishing. Thus, she had no choice but to come alone. She made Almond promised not to tell Rael. Later, Rael told Marie he would escort her. Marie glared at Almond but he doesn't seem to care.

So Marie and Rael escorted by Almond came to Count Catalac's mansion. The count did not expect Rael to come. But, he discussed business with Rael. It was about financially supporting trading in the southwestern region in exchange of a license for his entertainment business at his mansion where nobles can play cards. Rael agreed not knowing much about casinos. Just like Marie, Rael had a strange feeling with Catalac which he tried to dismiss.

(A few chapters back, Count Catalac was revealed to be King Johannes III. I think he was using a potion that transforms his appearance. It's the same potion Rael will use later while disguising as Count Winter of Kloyan.)
    On their way back, Marie noticed they took a turn. When they arrived at their destination, she saw a beautiful scene. They're on a hill full of candles and flowers, the sun setting. Rael gave her a bouquet and cake. She remembered how he asked what flowers and cake she likes the previous day. He puts a diamond necklace on her neck. He was like, "Happy birthday, Marie. I know it's your birthday but I am more happy for today... Because you were born. Thank you for being born."
    Marie was bothered by her feelings towards the two guys. She decided to escape from the East Empire to a free city in Italy. As the prince's aide, she was currently helping Rael with the empire's drug smuggling problem often visiting the port. It was easier to go in and out of the palace.

The day she was scheduled to leave, she asked Rael if she could serve him dinner. Rael refused saying she looked tired and he would be happier if she rest sooner so tomorrow she would look more bright. When she left the office, Rael told Almond that Marie seemed strange.

Bribed, the captain didn't bother to ask Marie and promised that no one would know she ride his cargo ship (not a passenger ship, afraid that a guest might recognized her). He told her they would be departing in an hour and she could still do as she pleased outside. She decided to walk around the port and noticed a busy cargo ship. She overheard its workers saying they are smuggling opium. She was torn between informing the port guards or going back to her ship. She decided with the former. She went to the port administrator whom she already met a few times. He had a few port guards though so they went to the imperial fleet close by hoping that even without an authority the knights would cooperate. It was then when she heard Rael's voice agreeing to her request. Rael looked angry.

The smugglers were arrested and opium was confiscated. Again, Marie was praised by the imperial fleet knights for her help. Meanwhile Rael told her to follow him. When they were alone, he hugged her tightly. He explained how worried he was knowing she acted on her own; what if she got caught and hurt? Rael misunderstood why she was at the port. Marie felt guilty. She realized she's happy helping the prince. Finally, Marie decided to stay by Rael's side no matter what.
    Marie was punished for her recklessness. She was on probation for a week during which she isn't allowed to work and go out of the palace alone.

Marie baked cookies. She gave a basket to Rael telling him to share it with Almond. He said no, it's all his. Then he asked Marie if she also baked for Kiel. Marie said she will give 'very little/not as much' to Kiel (she lied, she knew where Rael was going). But Rael insisted those were his too. She is his therefore all she makes is his. (If my memory serves me right, he whispered to Marie and bit her ear.)

On her last day of probation she met Kiel and noticed that something was bothering him. She asked but instead of answering, Kiel requested a favor... going around town together. They did so. They ate at a fancy restaurant, watch an opera show, walk down the busy streets, etc. They were like lovers, Marie thought. Then they went to a lake and Kiel told her he used to go there with Rael. They walked holding hands. But, Marie felt that he was still troubled so she asked once more saying she would like to help him. Kiel hesitated for awhile then asked Marie, "Would you runaway with me and leave everything behind? We can live in a place where no one else is." She answered, "I'm sorry." She suddenly remembered Rael's face. Kiel smiled telling her not to be bothered by it but Marie knew he was hurt. They walked for a little more. Later he asked if he's a precious friend to Marie and she said of course he is. Kiel smiled, less hurt.

That night, Marie couldn't sleep. She kept thinking what made Kiel asked such question. Why would he asked to runaway and leave everything behind? She decided to take a walk. She met Count Catalac.

Count Catalac told Marie how she seemed familiar. At the end he said, "I remember now. I saw you at the Palace of Tongil in Kloyan."
    Palace of Tongil is where Princess Morina was kept. Days passed and she kept remembering Catalac's eyes as if he was aiming a prey. If Count Catalac saw her, it meant he saw Princess Morina not Marie the maid. The only reason he was not revealing her secret was because he needs something from her. She went to his mansion.

She was greeted by Catalac as if he was expecting her. She asked where did he saw her. He said he saw her at one of the windows in her palace. Marie knew he was bluffing because there were no windows in Tongil. She told him she knew who he is... King Johannes III. He didn't seem bothered. After all he was sure she is Morina. If anything, he's amazed. It was a guess on Marie's part with how similar Catalac speaks and smiles like John; how they have the same playful and deceitful eyes.

John told Marie he wants her both for his political (Kloyal) and personal interest. If she comes to him, he promised to make her happy as the West Empire's Empress and Queen of Kloyan; wealth, power and safety would be guaranteed. She refused. Again, Rael's face popped on her mind. John offered a bet revealing that the East Empire will soon face tragedies. He said if she can't solve them, she needs to follow him. Marie had no choice so she agreed.

Royce asked why won't they just kidnap Marie and why did John give a hint about their plans. John said because he needs an excuse (to take her).
    Marie had a lucid dream. She thought a problem related to commerce or finance would happen soon. She went to the Grand Archduke of Sule An, Ariel's grandfather, and met Count Catalac so her suspicion grew. Catalac left her with a clue. While thinking about it a silver coin fell towards Marie and she thought of counterfeit money. She went to check if there were counterfeit money in the market and found out she was right. She reported it to Rael. The counterfeit money amounted to 1.2 million. It's good Marie discovered it earlier. Rael traced the origin and money trading was discontinued from that place. But, it's not as simple as confiscating the fakes. The banks will suffer. The imperial palace needs to put and circulate the money back.

Marie dreamt of the continuation to her dream. Because of this she came up with a solution: making a currency that does not require a mix of gold or silver. The palace will guarantee its value and people can exchange it with silver or gold. Bills, basically, with the emperor's stamp. Rael agreed and it soon worked out well.

Orn continues to be suspicious of Marie. Would a maid be able to think of all those solutions? Why is it that Marie, just like Princess Morina, doesn't have any information about her?
    News about her new achievement broke to the people. The commoners praised Marie. Some were curious asking details about her like, is she cute? One said she saw her and she is cute. Another told he heard a rumour from the palace workers saying Rael is considering her for the crowned princess' title. Those who heard this were in favor of Rael marrying Marie over a spoiled aristocrat. Marie's support from the commoners grew.

Meanwhile, Marie is sitting in a garden. It's spring and the sun is up. It's the season of love with men and women walking around the garden showing affection among their loved ones. Marie who was thinking about the next disaster that might come soon burried her face in her knees. She sighed a few times until she heard Rael's voice beside her. He held her shoulder telling her whenever she sighs, he is ten times worried. She collapsed while he's hugging her. Marie tried to get away from him but Rael told her to stay still or else he will kiss her; not that it's a bad idea either.

He asked Marie if she noticed how lately he is wearing his iron mask less. She did. According to Rael, he initially wore the iron mask during the civil war to eat his heart out, to prevent him from shaking. When he won the civil war, he wore the mask as an oath not to forget the bloodshed and to atone for his sins. At the same time, whenever he wears the mask he gets away from feeling guilty. Lately, he doesn't feel the need to wear his mask. He can forget about his guilt without wearing it. It was because of Marie. He said he doesn't know why but his heart is at ease when he's with her. Rael said, "Thank you. Stay with me in the future." Marie was silent and Rael misunderstood so he said, "I don't care if you don't like it. I won't let you go. You are mine."

Marie also want to stay by his side. She shyly asked Rael if he could stroke her hair and made an excuse that it will be her reward for solving the counterfeit money incident. He gladly did so. It made her mind at ease.
    Marie dreamt of a gambler. The next day, she was surprised to see Ariel with a burdened look at Rael's office. Ariel told them the Archduke is missing and that they accumulated a debt of 120 million to Count Catalac. Three other notable aristocrat families in the capital have a huge debt too. Everyone was shock at the amount. How? Catalac had a secret gambling operation apart from the regular one and the Archduke got addicted to it.

The Ministry of Interior Chief known for his harsh character suggested that they confiscate Catalac's wealth and behead him. The Ministry of Finance Chief though said that Count Katalac is a German noble, not a citizen of the empire and doing so might cause a big problem with the Holy Roman Empire. Rael also took note that the casino is legally operating and it is partly Archduke Sule An's fault for taking a big risk.

Marie thought of challenging John in a game. Of course, she knew that if she lost, John would ask something big in return. Why would she take the risk when it was not her fault in the first place? But, she couldn't bear seeing Rael in trouble.

That night, she sneaked and went to Catalac's mansion. She presented her invitation (all nobles were given one to promote the casino) and wore her mask as a requirement. Royce, King Johannes III's advisor, greeted Marie. She told him she wants to participate in the 'secret gambling'. Royce told her she needs to be a VVIP which requires she owns half a million and exceptional gambling skills. She said she have both. Royce led her to a table to show her skills. The people at the table were making fun of her while she kept quiet. Soon they lost all their money. People at the other table challenged Marie. She won all until no one wants to play with her. Then they heard an applause from Catalac who's getting down from the staircase.

John recognized Marie in an instant. He led her somewhere to talk privately. She challenged John. John agreed saying if she wins he will give her 120 million but if he wins, she would have to be completely his. Marie said it's unfair, "Do you think I'm only worth 120 million?" John laughs. He said, "Right. Excuse me. Of course you are far more than that." Marie said he should bet 1.2 billion. He agreed saying it's a bargain... compared to having her. (I'm not sure if I got the figures right here because the counterfeit incident was only 1.2 million.)

They went in the secret gambling room. As soon as they sat at the table, observers surrounded them including a young man with a blonde hair and mask covering his entire face. It was Prince Rael. Catalac announced the rules of the game and the prize to the observers. Someone said isn't the prize absurb to which Catalac replied, "I'm originally a Romanticist." It brought laughter to the room. Rael frowned.

Rael came as an observer and he didn't know it was Marie initially as her mask covers most of her face. As the game progressed, his feeling that it might be Marie grew.

The game was poker. Catalac was winning. On one of his winning game, Marie became angry when she felt he cheated. As a gambler, her ability is that of intuition.

Marie gave an all-in bet. For this game, whoever wins gets it all. John thought it hard. His was a straight flush. Only royal flush could beat his cards which he thought has a close to zero percent probability. But why would Marie give an all-in bet. Is she bluffing?

Meanwhile, Rael instructed Almond to get ready. If the girl is Marie, there's no way he would let Catalac take her. He thought, win or loose, he would punish Marie.

When Catalac saw anxiety briefly passed deep in Marie's eyes, he was sure she was bluffing and he laid his cards --- straight flush. He was ecstatic. Everyone congratulated him. But Rael said the game is not yet over, they have not seen Marie's card. Marie sighed and Catalac felt down because it was a sigh of relief. She had a royal flush. He was like, did you cheat? She said she did not. It was pure luck. He could not believe it.

It was then when Rael took his mask off and all the observers knelt begging Rael for mercy. He ordered all of them to get out. He told Marie how disappointed he was with her and that she should go back to the palace. Rael told Catalac the Imperial Palace would confiscate all his wealth since Marie won and he should leave the East Empire. Catalac and Royce went out, surprised to find out everyone left and his whole mansion was surrounded by the imperial knights. He realized it's impossible to get Marie even if he won.

Rael confronted him. Both threatened each other. Rael told Catalac he knows he's John and he liked to kill him for trying to take Marie. He pointed his sword to John's neck, wounding him. Blood started dripping. Rael swings his sword towards John's face. Royce and Almond were shocked. It hit John's side and grazed his cheek. Rael told John he would go to the West Empire and cut his neck if he does something like this in the future. Both have hardened face. Royce took John, they run.

Orn asked Rael why he did not kill John. He said they could not afford a war with the West yet. If it was before the civil war, they would easily win. But they just lost 400,000 soldiers. They need three years to get back their military power.
    The four families including the Archduke of Sule An bowed and thanked Marie for her help. Still, Rael punished them. They will be indebted to the Imperial Palace, had to turn over some of their lands and the Imperial Palace would be a major stockholder in their businesses. They didn't liked it but they had no choice. It's better compared to being bankrupt.

Rael rewarded Marie by giving her 10 million. That is technically a part of Count Catalac's own wealth. She is now one of the richest in the capital. Rael also awarded her with a new title comparable to a baron. But, Marie remembered how win or loose she would get punished.

After Rael told Marie all her rewards, he asked her to come close. Marie did. "Closer... A little more... Closer." until she was at a reach. Then Rael approached her and ordered her to close her eyes. Marie knew what was coming and she tried to refuse, tilting her head. But Rael ordered her to stay still. She closed her eyes and Rael kissed her. At first his lips seemed to be knocking at her lips, it was gentle. But when his tongue invaded her mouth, the kiss became violent. He thoroughly caressed the insides of her mouth. Marie begged him to stop but he did not. She unconsciously cried. It was a mixed of emotion. Rael wiped her tears and told her if she were reckless again, he would not stop with just a kiss. (My spoiler sounded harsh but it's a sweet chapter guys, don't worry. I wonder why I remember this well. Haha.)

They continued their work with Marie getting flustered and feeling like she's the only one thinking about the kiss. In fact, Rael was looking at his documents with his mind completely thinking of Marie. He was not able to contain himself awhile back. Now, he wants to kiss her more.
    Marie was in the garden and Kiel found her. He was looking for her because he missed her. Marie felt guilty because she forgot about Kiel as she had been busy solving the problems caused by Count Catalac. They had a light talk. She always feel comfortable when she's with Kielhan. They can talk about anything. But, she noticed his smile is still the same as last time so she asked what's with the question before. She wants to help him. Kiel told her Emperor Thor II will die in a week or two. More than his death, the succession of the throne by Rael was what bothered Kiel.

The will of Emperor Thor II is that only the prince born from the Empress could succeed him. When he had an accident and went unconscious, a civil war broke among the princes. All died except Rael and Oscar. Following his will, Prince Oscar should ascend the throne. But because no one could tell if the Emperor would recover, monarchs disregarded his will and supported Rael.

On the other hand, the Setton Family are the traditional imperial guards who have supported generations of the imperial family and loyal to the will of the emperor. The Setton family will not acknowledge Rael and their decision would be a ground for treason. In worst case scenario, another civil war might happen with the Setton clan losing.

Marie said she doesn't want any blood shed. Kiel told her there will be no such thing. How can that be? He told her he decided to sacrifice for his family. Kiel is trying to preserve their honor by not bending the knee and save their lives by sacrificing his. He told Marie he's prepared to die, if anything, what scares him the most is that he can't be with her anymore. He said, "Thank you... And I love you."

Marie tried her best not to cry. He was gentle and sweet. He was her precious friend. Is honor more important than life? She was Princess Morina who changed her identity to Marie, a maid, just to keep her life. It was hard to understand. But, she won't let Kiel die.
    Marie found a letter in her room from a 'poor man missing his love'. It was from John. He told her to meet him otherwise a greater tragedy awaits the capital. She met him.

John, again, asked her to come with him in exchange to the solution to the upcoming problem the East Empire will face. She refused. At the end, John gave her a vague clue: that the next problem does not compare to the previous problems. It's more cruel.

When Marie left, Royce asked why John revealed that another problem awaits the capital. John told him perhaps it's his last conscience. The plan was not his, it was Raki. He coughed hard and Royce was worried. John knew he would die soon.
    While working, Rael was coughing. Marie asked permission to touch him and found out he have a fever. He insisted on working but when Marie spoke to him in a louder tone, he gave up and rested. He was happy she was worried for him.

Someone came in Rael's bedroom telling him another official was sick. Marie wondered if this is related to John and came to a conclusion that it must be after checking and finding out that a few other imperial palace workers are sick. The number doubled the next day.

Marie dreamt of John Snow, an epidemiologist. After doing research looking at commonality of those affected, she believed the epidemic was waterborne. She needs people to investigate but when she came to Rael's bedroom, he was sleeping. Orn told her the imperial palace currently lacks manpower. Moved by Marie's determination, he lent his own people.

Marie with Orn's men investigated a waterway 30 kilometers long. They can't find anything wrong. As more and more people were infected and died, Marie was in a rush to solve the epidemic. She looked at the map again and identified one particular location which has an irregular flow. Something seemed submerged underneath the water and when they checked, they saw corpses of rats. They removed it and ordered that no one should use the water passing from it. The cases of infection later lowered until there was none.

Because this watersource supplies the imperial palace and a part of the capital where aristocrats lived, they were thankful to Marie. She got the support from the aristocrats.
    Rael's condition got worst and his physician thought of using arsenic as his last option. Orn did not agree because arsenic is considered a poison and even if it does kill the bacteria it would leave a big damage in Rael's body.

Marie realized her feelings to Rael and was sorry for knowing it late. She takes care of him. She prayed that Rael would recover soon and fell asleep while crying on his side.

She dreamt of Alexander Fleming and his research on blue mold. When she woke up, she told the unconscious Rael to wait for her and went to the alchemist. She had him prepare the ingredients and after making it, went back to Rael's room. The physician and Orn asked what she was about to serve and she told them it's a medicine. The physician doubts but Orn told her to proceed. Because Rael was unconscious, Marie gave the medicine mouth to mouth. Must be a coincidence, Rael held her hand in his unconscious state.

Rael woke up later to the delight of everyone especially Marie. She continues to take care of him. A few days more and he was back to his normal temperature. He found out how Marie gave him the medicine when he was unconscious and teased her. Marie no longer refuse his advances. He told her his father is dying and she would be busier sooner because he intends to make her the Empress.
    Marie was getting ready when Rael came to her room. The maids noticed how sweet Rael is to Marie. Together, they went in a banquet to celebrate the success of fighting the epidemic. It was a simple banquet (some people died of the epidemic). Marie was beautiful in her dress and light make-up.

It was also a banquet to formally reward Marie. Rael gave her a mine. They dance with Marie stepping on Rael's foot a few times like she did in the New Year Banquet Ball. The guests thought they're compatible. She would be good not only for the empire but for Rael too.

Orn asked to dance with Marie. She stepped on his foot too. Orn said she should learn how to dance as a soon to be Empress. Marie was surprised as this was a subtle confirmation that he now accepts her. Orn had been vocal to Rael about his objection with Marie as he was and still is suspicious of her. Nonetheless, he thinks she would be a good Empress not only because of her abilities but also because of her pure feelings for Rael.

When they finished dancing, she sat on a bench outside. Rael came looking for her and sat down beside her. They had a light talk. Marie thought of how they hardly talk to each other at first, with her fearing him. Now she can comfortably talk to him. She leaned on Rael's shoulder which surprised the latter (prior to this, Marie didn't initiate any form of physical intimacy). Marie was like, "Are you uncomfortable?" Rael answered, "You can lean on me anytime." Time passed with them just sitting and looking at the night sky. They seemed to understand each other without words. They saw a shotting star and wished. Marie asked what his wish was and he told her he wished for them to be happy. He asked what is hers. She said it's a secret (it's the same as his wish, be happy together).

Then a messenger came telling Rael that Emperor Thor II died. Another messenger came soon after, a knight by Al Beron who was assigned in Kloyan. He told Rael there was a rebellion at Kloyan Province. Rael asked who led it. The knight said it was Princess Morina.
    Rael did not show any emotion regarding the death of his father. After all, Emperor Thor II was involved in the death of his mother and sister. Rael was fortunate to escape assassination attempts before the civil war.

Orn and Rael were talking about his upcoming succession. They are expecting the Setton family to oppose. They also discussed a bigger problem: the rebellion in Kloyan and how the insurgencies are using the name of Princess Morina. Marie was at the side listening.

As expected, Kiel was the only one who voted against Rael during the pre-empt. Rael asked him if he won't change his mind. He said he wouldn't. Rael asked Kiel 'as a friend' one last time but he's made up his mind. Kiel's eyes told Rael, "I'm Sorry" and Rael understood. Rael cursed how the Setton holds onto tradition. Later charges were pressed against Kiel and he was imprisoned. Soon after, news about his upcoming execution broke in the capital.

Marie kept thinking of a way to save Kielhan. She thought Kiel might get pardon in exchange for a good deed. She thought of her 'unclaimed' rewards. Would the things she have done so far for the East Empire be enough in exchange of his life? Then she remembered the rebellion in Kloyan. If she promised to solve that, not only will she help Kielhan, she will also solve her own problem. If she stabilized Kloyan, she can admit her identity to Rael.
    Marie visited Kielhan in jail. When he saw Marie, he said something like, "Thank you God for granting my last wish". Marie asked him to retract and pledge his alliance to Rael but he refused. Marie then asked him, "What would you do if your life is spared? If you get a second chance?" Kielhan said that he would devote his life to her.

Marie pleads and bargains with Rael to spare Kielhan's life. In return she promised to solve the rebellion in Kloyan. At first, Rael did not agree fearing that Marie might get hurt if he sends her to Kloyan.

After some thought, Rael eventually ordered a referendum where all the leaders agreed to spare Kielhan's life: instead he was stripped of his position and sent out of the palace.

Kielhan was surprised. He then learned from Rael how Marie saved him. Marie begged Rael to send her to the Kloyan Province to stabilize it. The two men know how dangerous it would be. Kielhan was like, "No. Take my life instead. I would gladly give it." But, Rael saw the bearing of Marie's arguments plus he have a plan in mind. He told Kielhan that no matter what, he would protect her.

Before leaving the palace, Kielhan seek Marie to pledge his royal oath as a knight. At first, Marie didn't accept it because it might turn to another political (and emotional) conflict with Rael but Kielhan was determined. She eventually accepted because Kielhan won't back down and she thought that they might not see each other anyway. So, he knelt, kissed the back of her hand and recited his oath.
    The Kloyan Province used to be an independent kingdom. It is strategically located in between the East Empire and West Empire. The West Empire needs to pass through it to invade the capital.

After the invasion of the East Empire, Kloyan was stripped of its former glory. Coincidentally, it has been suffering drought and flood. The Kloyan Royal Knights disappeared. The people are hostile with governors sent by the capital. Everyone is waiting for their queen, Princess Morina, to revive the royal family and aquire their independence.

Marie doesn't want to revive the royal family though. She planned to reveal her identity to everyone including Rael after she solved the the province's problems.

During departure, Marie bids her farewell to Rael. They hugged and kissed each other. It was sad and painful. As soon as Marie left the room, Almond said, "Your Majesty is a good actor."

When she arrived in Kloyan, she was greeted by the administrators of the province: Baron Lin and Count Winter (literal translation). Count Winter immediately reminded her of Rael so she was comfortable with him.

Actually, Rael came to Kloyan before she did and was disguised as Count Winter. I think he drank a magic potion that changed his appearance, the same one that John used. It was funny how he was like, "We've prepared your bath, please wash and rest now... Are you tired from your trip?... Were you able to sleep well?... Please eat well... Make sure to eat on time... etc. " Their roles were reversed. He's very attentive to her. Marie, though baffled, had no idea it was Rael trying to protect her secretly.
    Despite the Imperial Palace's effort to support Kloyan by lowering the tax, life became harder due to draught and flood. With lower tax, neither does it have funds for its rehabilitation and people are suffering from famine.

On her arrival, Marie used her 10 million to buy and distribute food that would ensure the citizens' supply until the next harvest season. Count Winter, boasting he had a lot of connections, took care of buying the food at a price lower than market value. The people found out that aside from the food being given free, it was also bought from Marie's personal money. Some were suspicious thinking that there must be a motive behind it while others are grateful.

Coincidentally, precious stones were found at the mine rewarded by Rael and Marie used her profits to rehabilitate structures and support the livelihood of the people.

She also moved her residence and office from the Ruby Palace to the administration building close-by taking into consideration the feelings of the people who were still caught with the former royal family.
    Due to her busy schedule, Marie barely ate her lunch and passed dinner. Count Winter visited her with a tray of her favorite foods, those she often had with Rael. He insisted that she needs to take care of her body no matter how busy she is. Before he left her room, he closed the window and gave her a blanket saying it is cold.

Marie dreamt of Elise de Clorance (the main character in Doctor Elise: Queen with a Scalpel). The next morning, there was news about an accident during a bridge reconstruction. Though no one died, some were wounded and two were in critical condition. She went to the town's clinic and did a successful surgery on the two. Since then she often visits the clinic to work as a doctor on top of her governor duties. Patients whom she personally cured attest to her good will and opened their hearts to her.

On their way from the hospital, Count Winter told her he would personally asked the chef to cook a nutritious meal. Marie said that she already ate a lot yesterday and how she might get fat because of the delicious foods. Count Winter said, "You would still look beautiful even if you're fat." With the disguised incident of Count Catalac, Marie is suspicious of how similar the Count is to Rael but decided to set it aside for the meantime.
    Marie and her imperial entouraged
    were met with hostility. During her piano performance in the plaza, someone threw a stone that hits her head. She lost consciousness.

When she woke up, she found out that Rael was Count Winter. He was very worried all throughout and she felt guilty knowing she caused that pain to him. He ordered her to go back to the Imperial Palace but she somehow managed to convince him to let her stay.

When the culprit was captured and a public trial was done, all expected a death sentence to be carried out. Marie, in the surprised of most, freed him. She told the offender she was doing so because she wants to punish him by seeing him repent after she brings change to Kloyan. Her compassion earned the respect of some of the townspeople.
    Due to continuous rain in the empire and because Kloyan is near the sea/river, the dam was on the verge of collapsing. She dreamed of being an architect and thus, leads the rehabilitation of the dam which in effect saved a lot of lives.
    Being drenched in the rain, Marie got a fever and Rael took care of her. When she was feeling better, Rael told her that he needs to return to the capital. He was scheduled to leave right after a celebratory banquet for the soldiers.

They had a celebration for saving the people from the flood. Marie dressed up because she wants to look pretty for Rael. Rael said she looks pretty as she is and that he doesn't want other guys staring at her. She shyly told Rael that she dressed up all for him. They kissed and Rael was like, please don't tempt me.

At the banquet, Marie got drunk. Rael sent her to her room and asked the maid to make a honeywater. He puts her on bed. It was a scene where he was gently stroking her hair while saying, "You don't know how much I want you, how much it pains me". Marie was like, "I know. I know." He helped her drink the ??honeywater?? and when he was about to leave, Marie asked him to stay for one more drink. Again, he can't say no to Marie.

Marie was joking how they looked like friends drinking and Rael thought otherwise. He was having crazy thoughts then. [​IMG] Lol. Eventually they kissed until Rael can no longer suppressed his feelings and they spent the night together. It kind of ends with Rael saying he loves her more than his life and Marie saying she too.

When she woke up late next morning, she was by herself and her body was sore. She remembered the stories of the palace' ladies, how it hurts. She was happy as she recalled how "His Majesty's hand/touch is careful and full of love." At the same time, she was sad because he must have left. She wants to see him one more time.

It was then that someone came in and she was surprised to see Rael. He asked if she was okay. He told her he delayed his departure for a day because how can he leave with what happened last night. Marie, though happy, told him it's okay to leave. But Rael wins this time and they spend another day together.

PS: Before Marie left for Kloyan, Rael formally announced that they will get married upon her return.
    Marie got informed that pirates were approaching. Kloyan was outnumbered. Here, Marie was an archer and a strategist. When the perverted Captain mocks her, she shoots the thing in between his legs. She also lured them to a trap and set them on fire.

It was during this battle that she met the previous Knights of Kloyan. They helped for the sake of the townspeople. Just like them, they are waiting and looking for Princess Morina. They also hate Marie. In fact, one knight shoots an arrow that grazed her neck. They eventually retreat after the pirates were defeated.
    The Kloyan Knights were after her neck. It was during an ambush to a decoy (because she anticipated it) that she was able to relay her message to meet Count Barhan, the leader of the knights.

She went to their hideout alone and it was here where she asked Count Barhan, "Look at me closely." It was only then that Count Barhan recognized her. She tried to negotiate but Barhan didn't agree to support her. Count Barhan kept her secret though.
    Marie started to prove herself to Count Barhan. She performed a successful surgery to his father-figure.
    She led the townspeople to build a canal to direct the lava towards the sea.
    Marie received an invitation from Rael and was travelling back to the capital for the Tanshin Festival. Rael was excited to meet her he fetched her before she entered the capital. He joins her in the wagon. Kisses and hugs here.

On their way, she peeked from the window. Someone saw her. The townspeople cheered as her wagon passed by, "Long Live the Empress". They cheered even more when Rael showed himself beside her.

She stayed in a different castle. Though they are engaged, Rael doesn't want rumors about her. Nevertheless, he keeps bothering her.
    Marie told Rael she wants to date. They visit the town secretly and date they did: went to stores, eat street foods, etc. On their way back, they were ??caught in the rain?? and took shelter in an abandoned church. Both recalled how they met at the same place a year ago. (I think they were referring to the incident when they first met, not sure).

Anyway, there's a piano and they agreed to play it together. Rael played first, it was a love song. Feeling how much he loves and trusts her, Marie suddenly cried and knelt. It was then when she confessed she is Princess Morina. She did not explain herself, basically she just apologized and told him her real name. Her head was bowed down and she doesn't want to look at Real. When she finally did, she saw the pain and sadness in his eyes. She realized he knew.

Crying and sweet-talk here.

Rael said he wants to pledge his love for her. He went out and when he came back, he was with their wedding ring and the baffled Archbishop. They asked him to officiate their marriage right there and then: and so they pledge their love at an abandoned church.

When Marie went back to Kloyan, she left a pendant (her mother's memento) to Rael. Rael said that she should get it back soon.
    When Marie came back to Kloyan, a rumor spread that she is Princess Morina. On top of this, the West Empire had a troop of 200,000 marching to subdue Kloyan and attack the East Empire. Some monarchs also betrayed Rael including Al Beron who led The Knights of Abyss. The Knight of Abyss heads towards Kloyan at the pretense that Rael ordered to catch Princess Morina. The townspeople and nobility looked for Marie to ask if she is Princess Morina. By this time, she already gained the trust of the people of Kloyan. Still, she is hesitant to admit. It is Baron Lin that answered for her, "Yes, she is Princess Morina."

Baron Lin a.k.a. Raki is in fact a close aide of King Johannes III. If Johannes is cold, he is colder. He was often described by Marie as someone as beautiful as a woman whose eyes are cold.

At this time, Rael could only hope for Marie to be safe as they subdue the other monarchs who betrayed him.
    Kloyan was outnumbered against the Knights of Abyss. But, Marie lowered the enemy's morale by stealing their food and revealing that Al Beron betrayed Rael.

During the battle, Kloyan is winning. Al Beron desperately charged Marie. And because her stronger soldiers are dispersed to the sides, she at the center has a thin defense. When Al Beron was about to strike her neck with an ax, Kielhan came.

*Literal translation:
    Count Al Beron shook his face and wielded the ax.
    "Die!"
    But, there was a sword. Kielhan raised his sword with one hand.
    "Ugh!?"
    A sound came out of Al Beron's mouth. Al Beron looked at Kielhan unbelievably. Kielhan's sword was stuck in his chest. He fell. Everything happened so fast. There was a silence for a moment. Everyone was surprised.
    "Kiel..."
    Only one person remained calm and Kielhan turned to her.
    "Miss Marie..."
    He hesitated then lift his fingers to touch her eyes. She realized she was crying.
    Kielhan's eyes were overwhelmed. His eyes seemed to say -- You had a hard time. Forgive me for being late.
    The moment Marie saw it, her chest tightened. She remembered the things that hurt so far, the heavy burden on her shoulder. She had to do everything alone. It didn't look like so, but it was a very painful time. Now, a man appeared in front of her, who bears a pain far more than hers.
    "I'm sorry for being late."
    "Kiel?"
    Marie was embarrassed when he knelt. Kielhan shook his head.
    "Do you remember my oath that day?"
    Marie's eyes widened. When she saved his life, he made an oath of allegiance to her.
    "I, Keilhan de Setton, who pledged an allegiance to you, came back. Please accept my heart and sword."
    Marie's finger trembled. Heart and sword, it was a word that meant everything. But, how could she?
    "I can't accept it. Please stand up."
    Kiel said with a smile, "I've already decided. Even if I die. I will give everything."*

Kiel turned to the enemy and asked them to surrender in a cold voice different from how he gently talks to Marie. The Knights of Abyss surrendered after Kielhan informed them that the Knights of Shield and Setton legionaries are on their way.

Back at the Kloyan Palace, Count Barhan asked Kielhan why is he helping them (When Marie took the role of Queen Morina, she unintentionally revived her kingdom and helping them would be a betrayal to the East Empire). Count Barhan realized his feelings and Kielhan answered, "Yes. Because I love her." Marie came and stopped their "friendly" sword fight.

*Literal translation:
    "Marquis."
    "Yes, Your Majesty."
    "I have something to tell you, can I take a moment?" Her tone was different from how she usually speaks to Kielhan.
    "I see, Your Majesty."
    Marie led him to the corner of the garden. She bowed before thanking him.
    "First of all, on behalf of The Kingdom of Kloyan, Thank you. If it weren't for the Marquis, we would have been in great trouble." There seems to be a wall behind Marie's polite words.
    "Don't say that. I'm just doing what I have to do as a knight."
    "But..."
    "Besides, you are more precious than anything else. I couldn't bear to see you in trouble." Kielhan said. "What are you going to tell me?"
    The moment she tried to open her mouth, Kielhan said, "If you are trying to say go back, I won't listen."
    Marie was amazed. He knows exactly what she wants to say.
    "You must be worried about me. But, Your Majesty... No, Miss Marie. Look at my eyes. Look straight into my eyes." His eyes were full of love. "My heart is only looking at you. When you are alone and in danger, how can I leave? Impossible."
    Marie bit her lips. In every word he said, she felt desperate. Has it ever been so lonely to stand alone? Her heart was very sad.
    "As I said last time, I can't accept Kiel's heart."
    "I know", Kiel replied at once. "I'm not hoping. All I want is to help you when you're in trouble."
    When she heard him, she bowed her head. It seems like it was too hard. She pretends to be okay and carries the heavy load of the kingdom. It was hard and lonely, she wants to cry.
    She then felt warm as Kielhan hugs her.
    "If it is difficult, you can cry. You've suffered alone but I will be with you in the future."
    Her wall seems to crumble and her tears came out. He gently kept her in his arms. Marie shook her head and wipe her tears but they did not stop from falling. Rather, her chest shook even more.
    "It's okay. It's okay." Kielhan said, stroking her hair. He was as if caring for a wound, trying to heal a sore heart.
    But, why? As Kielhan's warmth enclosed her and she felt warmer, the more she felt sad. She missed Rael. The thing that hurts the most is she couldn't see him right away. Marie thought, 'I want to be together'.*
    Marie got hostaged by Raki. When he threatened to kill 300 prisoners of war, Marie agree to give in to him at the Holy Land. At the Holy Land, she performed a dance she dreamt of before she went to meet Raki. Raki was mesmerized and when he hugs her, she slit his throat. She took his body and jumped in the cliff towards the river. Apparently, it was a risk she planned. Kielhan was able to find her. Together with his 5000 troops, they marched to the West Empire. Prince Stephen, Johannes III's brother, lets Kielhan and Marie in when she said she will cure their king. Johannes III had a successful heart surgery and soon after, a peace treaty was created. The West Empire withdrew.

The East Empire sent legionaries to hand a letter asking Kloyan to surrender. They were murdered by Raki who apparently survived. The monarchs forced Rael to conquer Kloyan.

Before marching his army, he sent a letter to Morina. They met secretly and spent three days in a villa near a lake. He asked Marie to call him Ran, his nickname, and to forget everything for the meantime.

Before they separate, Rael told Marie he will try to slow his army's march and during this time a friendly atmosphere should be created between the two kingdoms.

Rael's army eventually retreated when Morina saves them from an avalanche and treats their epidemic. The stories made everyone in East Empire remember how kind and capable Marie is.

Rael and Marie met to discuss an alliance treaty. It is here where Raki, disguised as a Baron Ferdin, shot a poisoned arrow to Rael but wounded Marie's forearm when she instinctively hugs Rael. Brainwashed by Raki, some Kingdom army killed the imperial soldiers and charged for Rael. Rael dropped his sword and told Baron Hameren to kill him but treat Morina immediately. Raki continued to brainwashed them; Baron Hameren seeing through his psychomind shot an arrow on his head, guilty with how in trying to kill Rael they hurt their beloved queen. (The Kingdom of Kloyan loved Marie dearly.)

Marie and Rael got engaged again. Aside from King Johannes III kidnapping/borrowing Marie for the meantime and Kielhan finding them, no other funny problem arose. Finally, they got married.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  9. imusick88

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. I'm done here. Bye.

Just kidding... Is it okay to put all the spoilers in one post? I hope it doesn't show everything if someone quotes it. Let me know if I need to delete or edit it to parts. Thanks for bearing with me. Kindly disregard the gramatical and tense error.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  10. quyen

quyen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! I've been waiting for someone to spoil about this manhwa, so I sincerely appreciate your effort of detail into the spoilers. Please do continue if you can ;) hehe

forevxo, Ray Levantret, Mikaa and 2 others like this.
  11. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The time it took me to read this probably isn't even a quarter of the time it took for you to share all this with us! Thank you so much! :sushi_thankyou:

12. 10_deadorphans

10_deadorphans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @imusick88 We stan such DEDICATION!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Kisses to you sweetie!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

djan29, Khalala, Lykalee and 2 others like this.
  13. frida95

frida95 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mil gracias en serio que amo tus spoliers y agradecida por el tiempo que nos dedicas
    Sosbun pan de dios

imusick88 likes this.
  14. imusick88

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. And about your previous question, Rachel tried to kill Marie but not through poisoning. She was only poisoned when she got hit by Raki's arrow.

15. imusick88

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome guys. Thank you for the sweet words.
    I'm a fan of the well-drawn manhwa constantly checking this thread for months now. Look forward because it captures a lot of details and dialogues compared to my spoilers. Rael and Marie have a lot of romantic moments you won't get disappointed.
    I have a fickle heart throughout but I'm leaning a bit to team Kiel.

16. highsky44

highsky44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @imusick88 YOU'RE AMAZING!!!!!!!
    Never seen such detailed and well done spoilers!!

I've been following the manhwa and i knew it had a novel but i really didn't find necessary to try to read it, but now with all the wonderful spoilers you nave provided, i really wanna try reading it!!!

Yesss poor Kielhal such a wonderful character with an unfulfilled love:(

17. Marleeze

Marleeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darn I wish kielhan would get a happy ending

18. Yonaa96

Yonaa96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyouu very much for your hardwork to make spoiler❤️ this story really interesting

imusick88 likes this.
  19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for the spoilers but where cab we read the novel???

imusick88 likes this.
  20. imusick88

Reading List:
    Link
    saix2 likes this.