LCD Previous Life Was Sword Emperor. This Life Trash Prince

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by venu101, Apr 24, 2020.

1. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU-
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/previous-life-was-sword-emperor-this-life-is-trash-prince/
    Type: Light Novel [JP]

trashprincev1b.jpg

Brief Description-(me)tldr thingy-
    A sword dude who reached the peak isekai's himself out of loneliness and now's a prince in his new life and seeks to pursue a lazy conflict free life but will those pesky neighbours allow such a thing?
    Official Description-
    Once upon a time, there was a swordsman who wielded the sword, lived by the sword, and died by the sword.

After days and months of battle, the swordsman chose death by his own free will, but was reborn as Fay Hanse Diestburg, the third prince of the kingdom of Diestburg.

Wanting to distance himself from his past life where he lived as if possessed by the sword, Fay decided to just lead a life of a wastrel, earning the nickname: “Trash Prince”.

However, one day, because of a pact with the neighboring kingdom’s Afillis royal house, Fay is sent to war, leading reinforcement troops. On the battlefield, Fay witnesses a scene of despair, as the “Hero”, an existence possessing power rivaling tens of thousands, ravaged the battlefield.

Fay considered returning to the kingdom, but a certain knight’s death manages to shake his heart, thus he decided to wield the sword once again — the legend of the strongest lazy prince begins!

Alternate Names-
    Zensei wa Ken Mikado. Konjou Kuzu Ouji
    前世は剣帝。今生クズ王子

Official LN RAW-
    https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/640216121/810214624
    Official Manga(raw it's a monthly)-
    https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/615000314

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    KIJIN likes this.
  2. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    That summary sounds very much like The Lazy Swordmaster.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  3. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I saw the lazy swordmaster description but never read it because I forgot it. Is the description similar to this one's?

4. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion trash prince is better than lazy swordmaster

KIJIN likes this.
  5. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading Trash Prince and I would very much rejoice if that's the case.

But can he stop calling himself Trash Prince to everyone he speaks to every single chapter?? It's annoying lolololol.

Lucy scarlet likes this.
  6. Fitoor

Fitoor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading Lazy Swordmaster because of the cliche evil step mom and how serious it got. Is this better?

7. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I'm now up to date and I have few thoughts.

- If this Trash Prince really didn't want the news about him being so powerful come out, he should have disguised himself. It was stupid of him to be wearing their royal garbs in the battle.

-I hope this Princess Mephia is not looking to ride the Trash Prince's dick because he's strong. I really hope she just respects his abilities and is very thankful for helping their kingdom. Please don't give me some cheap romance set-up.

-I hope hope that big brother is being genuine in caring for the Trash Prince and is not some douchebag who only befriended the Trash Prince because he wasn't a threat to the throne and then suddenly scheme against the trash person now that there are rumours that's he's hero class ability wise. I am a huge sucker to loving sibling relationships in novels. But then, it would be stupid for any normies to go against the lazy bitch knowing how powerful he is.

Elisee likes this.
  8. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    The princess is fond of the elder brother in one of the chapters it was said hopefully that didn't change

Elisee likes this.
  9. WhyDidIDoThis

WhyDidIDoThis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is my spirit animal

10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-18:
    So assuming he's being (rudely) woken up at 5ish for dinner at 6, then sleep at 11. That means he's only conscious for around 6 hours every day? And he's only eating once a day with no exercise. Aren't his limbs atrophying? :blobdead:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  11. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    far too much chit chat during fights. if you are going to fight, then fight. this chuuni BS where they have to express their feelings between every action needs to stop.

nah, what a presumptuous chapter. this MC supposedly killed himself after winning every battle against the so called warriors of his world, now he's letting some rando warrior from his new world preach at him for so long? Why would he even deign to respond to this loser. this guy should be just another tally on his list of victories and yet he let's the moron keep talking? are you so leisurely in a sword fight that you can express yourself like this? get the hell out.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Aean likes this.
  12. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "If I completely lost my heart, I wouldn’t be a human anymore, but just a doll. A machine. A robot" He know about the concept of robots?

13. Taffyman

Taffyman Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Created an account just to say this:
    MC is an insufferable vagina that keeps calling himself "trash prince" at every opportunity. Not going to read past chapter 4 and neither should you.
    Also MC doesn't lift weights, so canonically he should've died when he met the first enemy hero.

Aean and DeirdreH like this.
  14. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm he stops calling himself like that at every opportunity later on, but still says it when ppl call him a hero or expect anything from him.
    Theres also a reason why his body/limbs arent ruined by sleeping practically the whole day

Personally tho, i'm getting bored of him saying all the time that he wants a lazy life but never actually tries to porsue it and just go with the flow every single time. Ah, and the talks in the middle of a battle.

15. Sigismund

Sigismund Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he does want a lazy life, but similar to Cale from TCF, but his innate character means he cannot help himself and has a compulsive need to save or protect others that he allows himself to be basically pushed around if he can be convinced that there is a threat to his lifestyle or loved ones, even if the consequences of that action would themselves create a threat to his lifestyle. He insists on the trash prince thing so often, as I see it, to not just keep up the image to others, but to basically keep convincing himself that he is the trash prince and not the sword emperor in a frail attempt to separate both his lives and his responsibilities from one another. But as his current life grows to parallel his previous more and more, fighting the same monsters, having the same feelings of responsibility regarding the protection of those around him, spending more and more time fighting, etc., the second part (convincing himself) becomes more important than convincing others as he himself starts to see the line that had divided his two lives blur.
    That’s just my thoughts though. I could be way overthinking it.

Katra1212 and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  16. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a spoiler pls

Elisee and Yuukiyuki like this.