Spoiler Beware of the Red Thread/붉은 실을 조심하세요

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by inori-chii, Apr 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. inori-chii

inori-chii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Description (MTL with a bit edit):
    I transmigrated inside a reverse harem novel. I tried to live quietly but my god. The villain's supporting role and the red thread are twisted.... Life is twisted.

Official Raws: https://www.myktoon.com/mw/works/list.kt?worksseq=10683

English Translation:
    https://mangadex.org/title/47616/beware-of-the-red-thread

Tags (on Ridibooks):
    Fantasy, Romance, Comedy, Possession/Monopoly/Jealousy, Fated love, Obsession, Ability, Transcendent existence, Blessed.

"Romance Guide" (on Ridibooks):
    On Ridibooks, they have a "Romance Guide" section where they give us an idea of who are the FL and ML. I tried to MTL while editing some parts but some parts might still sound weird sorry lol
    Male Protagonist:
    Abel: Demi-god and the god of death. Because of Solar, his heart is outside his body and he wants to be a perfect god. In the original novel that Rihanna (the FL) remembers, he is described as the heroine's fisherman management man 2 and a crazy obsessed mad man. He accidentally discovers Rihanna's ability, when she healed him on the verge of death, and takes her to his realm to take advantage of her ability, but gradually becomes addicted to Rihanna, who cares for and treats him for the first time in his life.
    Female protagonist:
    Rihanna: After reading <Red Thread>, she falls inside a manhole and get dropped inside the world of a novel. A firm pledge not to intervene with the original story keeps the ghost out of the Valhalla, and accidentally leads to Abel and the red thread, and is increasingly confused about the further change from the original story.
    Excerpt:
    “I don't need to be immortal. It's okay to do this, so don't worry about it, focus on me.”

Anyway, I saw this new manwha & was wondering if anyone has read the WN & could spoil me? :cookie:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Beware of the Red Thread

Alternative titles: My Red String of Fate / 붉은 실을 조심하세요
    Writer: Shin Ji-sang
    Original Story: Cheon Jian
    Illustration: CUMIN

Synopsis:

My fate depends... on him?!

After getting sucked into a reverse harem novel, Leann enjoys her quiet life as a priestess in a temple. But things become twisted when the red string of fate irrevocably connects her to an injured man she heals -- a man who just happens to be the worst villain in the story!

Official Links:
    Webtoon official PV
    Novel: KYOBOeBook, Ridibooks, GooglePlay
    Manwha: lezhin (Korean), manta (English), tappytoon (English)
    Table of Contents:

Characters:

• Abel
      • Demi-god and the God of Death. Because of Solar, his heart is outside of his body and his desire is to become the perfect God. In the original novel, Leann (the FL) remembers that he is described as the Guy no.3 who falls for the heroine and as the crazy obsessed mad man. He accidentally discovers Leann's ability when she healed him when he was on the verge of death. He takes her to his realm to take advantage of her ability, but gradually becomes addicted to Leann, who cares for and treats him for the first time in his life.
      • More information about Abel's background
    • Leann:
      • After reading "Red Thread", she falls inside of a manhole and is dropped inside the world of the novel. She makes a firm vow to not intervene with the original story. In a drunken state, she staggers upon an injured Abel and the red thread, and is increasingly confused about the further change from the original story.
      • She has the ability to heal just like the OG heroine (Lucia), however a side effect of healing is that she must endure intense pain while "fixing" the red threads that she sees as she heals people
    • Lucia:
      • In the current plot, it seems to be a reincarnated and is fully aware that the ML and the other male characters are supposed to love her and not Leann
        • "The main character is me. It was me. Abel, Carin, and Damian, everyone... They should have loved me... You ruined everything..."
      • What is the current Lucia like in the current plot? (partial answer, if you want a complete answer ask @ThemisWeeps they seem to know more)
    • Love Interest No.2 who originally falls for the OG heroine. Considered a close colleague and friend of Abell
    • He is the very first one who dies among the 5 love interests who fall for Lucia. He fell in love with Lucia at first sight, however since Lucia was in love with his master (Ahsand) he never confessed his feelings for her. He died protecting Lucia.
    • Carine is later revealed to actually be the Holy Sword of Luce. He was planted in Abell's temple/army to spy on Abell, he pretends to be a demon serving Abell. However, Carine holds a deep grudge against Abell since Abell is responsible for the death of his parents.
    • Love interest No.1 in "Red Thread" (can be considered the one whom Lucia loves mutually)
    • He resides in Luce and is the ruler of Luce
    • The current Ahsand is pretty rude and blunt, Leann meantions that he is nothing like what the "Red Thread" novel described him to be (in terms of attitude). However, she speculates that it might be because the "Red Thread" was shown in Lucia's perspective.
    Chapters:
    Moments:

MSC:
    • [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  3. mia16

mia16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The white hair dude gets injured every chapter. Like, at least 2 or 3 times a chapter so far. What is up with that?

The side characters have interesting design. A lot of different magical creatures in this one.

4. Cecelia_Stryke

Cecelia_Stryke New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone is translating this on Mangadex!

inori-chii likes this.
  5. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 on more spoilers please. I'll even take minor ones like how Abel gets injured per chapter. Poor MC has her work cut out for her

6. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: Is there a webnovel?

bclau18 likes this.
  8. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought her name was lian???

also... does lian/rihanna (lol) have a limit to how much healing power she has/can use? has the original heroine shown up yet in the raws? what's going on with the first male lead, assand, and since abel is supposed to be the third male lead... are we gonna see the second, fourth, and fifth male leads? is the original heroine evil like in most transmigration stories?

nielyti likes this.
  9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    From the last available free raw I could find, since I don't understand it and this is merely my interpretation of the images, but she certainly has her limits as a healer. So far, she has no issues healing Abel and his constant number of injuries per chapter (they certainly weren't joking when they said he gets injured per chap). On the last available free raw I could find (ch.7, the link is literally the first post), she was put in an emergency situation where a pale white zombie like thing is unconscious and had more threads than usual. Lian rushes to the scene and tries to save it (honestly, I just skimmed it). Abel overhears it and rushes to her side but she already faints before he reaches her and Abel heads straight to her room. At least, judging from the available translation (where she can feel the pain of the person she heals), it might've just been that. Target was just so heavily injured that either she was exhausted from healing it or she finally couldn't tolerate the pain

10. inori-chii

inori-chii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We get a glimpse of the ML & the other male characters, in the official PV of the manwha :blobpeek:
    [​IMG]

Official PV:

Here's another excerpt from the WN I found on a Naver blog! :blobgift:
    ML knows that FL wants to leave him to go to her original world so he tells her:
    "You want to leave and I can't live without you. So, when you leave, kill me."

I also found a bit information about the original heroine (Lucia):
    It seems that she knows that the ML & the other male characters are "supposed" to love her & not our FL
    "The main ball is me. It was me. Abel, Carin, and Damian, everyone. You should have loved me... Ruined everything..."

Yup, there is! But it's not translated yet. The cover of the WN looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Haha idk, I used MTL and it said Rihanna lol

Darkness7913, saphhh, Rokai and 24 others like this.
  11. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Abel is already top tier and all (clapping for those abs again), but blue haired and guy with hoodie is also my type!

Suzune, KriFiLinah, Art.miss and 4 others like this.
  12. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They look like angsty 15-year old me would have been ALL OVER them hahaha

Jukki and Hypothon like this.
  13. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know which one is Carin/Karin (will definitely become important or at least show up soon since MC also mentioned him and was originally ML#2. Abel was ML#3) and Damien?

I'm already at my early-mid 20s soon and I admit, I'm still thirsty for fictional guys. It honestly helps that KR manhwa's generally have good art. Though JP manga is much more entertaining and appealing for me, KR manhwas have a special place for amazing art and chara designs.
    Chinese manhua too but the repeated tropes (such as more abusive CEO/Emperor, amnesia tropes) turn me off

On a minor note: Though Assand (OGML#1) is a tanned beauty and is usually also my type, I find it hard to like him even though he has yet to do something. I'm not sure if its because he kills Abel in OGTimeline or that he looks like the superior/can't even compare to the ML of Light and Shadow.

14. Eurekaaaaa

Eurekaaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    White haired ML with abs count me in.

mj209, Avery Very and Hypothon like this.
  15. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    So now that in the current updates of the manga, Carin was introduced, does anyone know how MC saves him and how he falls for her (since its been mentioned that AT LEAST 3 out of the 5 *Abel, Carin, and Damien* capture targets end up falling for her judging from Heroine's comment *Abel and Carin are understandable since she'll inevitably save them from their fate of either being killed -Abel- for his misdeeds, or commiting suicide for a woman who probably doesn't deserve it). How does Abel react to MCs crush/infatuation (since she mentioned Carin was her fave Male Interest since his death was so bittersweet) with Carin or when Carin falls for her? Oh, and when does Abel find out she wants to go home (or I'm suspicious at this point if he can read minds or at least MCs mind)

Minaeli, Jukki, nielyti and 3 others like this.
  16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Manga update at Ch.06 today. So, during Abel's fever talk, is this the moment/part where he realizes/overhears MC wanting to go home?

17. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    The new available/free raw ch.8 has MC heal Carin (so, by heal, does it mean just his physical wounds or is his fate already saved? I get the guy is supposed to die by suicide so it might not even be a visible thread) and a jealous Abel (kinda early buy excited for possessive Abel either way)

Onymous, Minaeli and Avery Very like this.
  18. Jem3710

Jem3710 nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    They just updated a chapter of the comic and I already love Lian’s and Abel’s relationship

Avery Very and Hypothon like this.
  19. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers?

Seiren88 likes this.
  20. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems interesting. Maybe the heroine also transmigrated? Thank you so much for the spoilers! I hope someone can share more spoilers soon! :D

Belle76, Alniyat and nielyti like this.