Spoiler Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this is a spoiler thread (and I don't know how to make spoiler bar so far), I might as well spoil away

Demon is the major antagonist of Vol.02. Basically, in Vol.02, it focuses on a few things
    *Schneider POV/centric chapters after Rhonya's departure (near the end, not only did Lexi physically face slap him at the start of Vol.02 *in the recent manga updates, it was mentioned she was away to study abroad*, again near the end, the 3 Rhonya orbiters/the one who gave their testimonies against Rhonya were revealed to have been threatened by Misano using hallucinogenic drugs and they came begging Lexi for help since they're incredibly guilty that their actions of initially bullying Misano despite Rhonya's request/warnings not to led to this situation of Rhonya's expulsion. Naturally, Schneider is already ridden with guilt since the majority of the notable named side characters are on Rhonya's side (Hansel, Lexi, the king/his uncle, Rhonya's granpa, foreign prince of the Djinn Kingdom *this was a glimpse on just how much diplomatic power Rhonya had) and again, the only reason the expulsion happened is because of Rhonya's nature of being an introvert (since the plot was literally happening in front of her eyes. And in the recent manga updates, she did ask Sena's advice on the what if he was reincarnated) and the fact her family isn't well liked by the younger nobility given their ambitious nature

2nd focus is on Rhonya's past (where she literally saves the world/plant life by being the Spirit Forest's protector while Gratia is busy since she's also contracted with Orphedoto. She managed to single handledly hold off controlled beasts by the demon *whose powers are basically ensnaring/enhancing negative emotions* while healing an injured Laclain. She manages to seal the demon but since sealing magic isn't her forte, it was incomplete where the demon manages to escape and becomes obsessed with Rhonya since she's a literal pure soul which he just wants to basically corrupt. The demon also went so far as to infiltrate the academy back because of the barrier, he was heavily weakened but was able to escape. But because of Rhonya's expulsion, naturally he takes advantage of this until he gets sealed for good at the cost of Rhonya temporarily cursed.

Djinn King and Elven Queen are basically characters introduced in Vol.03. Queen is sibling of another one of Rhonya's suitors, elven prince/hero Orphias. One of the few males even Schneider was wary during their 7 year relationship (depending on the translation, or there might already be inconsistencies but Rhonya is either 16 or 18. Shize is 24, Sena 23. Ryuse and Chise if memory serves me right, 19 or 21 probably the latter). Queen is aware of both Rhonya's feats where she basically taunts Schneider over how much of a moron he is and she'll support her brother all the way and they'll treat Rhonya with respect in the elven kingdom (btw her saving the world was kept shut out of her request so that her family won't necessarily add unreasonable work where they'll belittle her in the end later). Djinn King is basically someone who can sense/smell emotions better but is unaware that Schneider outright annulled his engagement publicly/the worst way possible for nobles (so basically the 2 monarchs are good and bad cop towards Schneider)

As for Misano, Schneider breaks up with her (bit its revealed she genuinely just loved him *not an isekai, just someone desperate enough to want another man* and depending on the interpretation on Schneider's words might still love Misano too *basically, he tells Misano he doesn't want to see her and blame it all on him and he can't afford to see her or he'll blame her*. Eh, either way initially, nobody gave a d*mn to Schneider's new engagement with Misano since he ignored and treated Rhonya the worst way possible, not even his uncle despite already scolding him

2. LiMMiviO

LiMMiviO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any spoiler about the ending of her brother and mother because I'm really hoping that they got what they deserved from abusing Rhonya and calling her useless when they are the useless ones

3. CoweyBell

CoweyBell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg true
    I hope they end up appreciating all her hard work and achievements that were overlooked. Her brother and Mom deserve bad endings and I hope the author doesn't throw anything new to us to try to "justify" their despicable ways.
    Also, was there a big dramatic scene when her ex fiance sees her again? Does he see her again?

4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait..wait.. so he's actually fall in love with Misano? Not just a small feelings?? After all those sweet times with Rhonya? Yeah, may he lost his right to the throne. He's kinda pissed me off.

5. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on one's own interpretation, probably. On my case, I was influenced with spoilers who claimed as such (basically, the spoilers here tells us when Schneider does get to see Rhonya, one of our beastmen will boot him out and Rhonya will be disappointed in him for switching back and forth when she already accepted the situation and Misano is probably waiting for him.)

Again, for the specific answer to your question, its best if you went and check the story yourself. It should be the last parts of vol.02 but for additional info, i think its also ideal to read vol.03's prologue which is basically Schneider centric as well

Edit: As for his feelings for Rhonya, the manga did show glimpses of it but basically its something like (at least from how I interpreted it)
    1. He got tired of being her support, its a 7 year relationship of dependence towards him.
    2. Again, based on the current updates of the manga, after Rhonya's initial attempts of trying to explain to Schneider was a small success temporarily (basically, their relationship started to turn south from the Ramo incident when he mistakenly assumed Rhonya was scolding Ramo when he should be semi-aware Rhonya just prefers to act more like a commoner but usually forgets its not the appropriate place to act. Ofc that incident led to Ramo being fired in the main house and staining his butler rep to an extent but his new master being Rhonya's grandfather is nicer and he technically doesn't blame Rhonya too)
    3. After Misano's successful attempt of making Rhonya look bad (in the OGPlot, Rhonya was supposed to bully her but her orbiters did it instead and again she warned them but they didn't listen to Rhonya since Misano is the typical protagonist with a small noble family bg), the narration mentions how the seed of doubt was planted in Schneider's heart and just grew (and then because of #2 and #3, Rhonya basically gave up and went to prepare for her departure where her grandpa is supportive since she has some level of freedom now)

Sadly, Schneider doesn't lose the claim to the throne (though its implied he might lose some trust of Hansel's merchant family, the 2 monarch kingdoms, *and if Orphedoto is spiteful enough, technically he can send disasters to the kingdom like bad crops but since he's also contracted with Gray and Rhonya is so nice you can ignore this last part*)

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  6. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* If he's really loves Rhonya, he should asking her for everything before taking a one side story from Misano. It's kinda sad because Rhonya actually really loves him and got broken hearted because of him.

7. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, since there are no new spoilers (since no one seems to have or bought the 4th vol., vol.3 spoilers can at least be found at the earlier posts), we might as well discuss Schneider's feelings towards Misano. Can we call it love if he's trying (emphasis on try) not to blame Misano at all? A rough summary of his words towards her is basically, "I can't afford to look at you or I'll blame you. It was a mistake. Its over, we're through."

8. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it looked like he just relates to misano and mistaken it for love. If you look at your super amazing fiance who's always number 1 you'll feel inadequate.

Also, I don't know if he's still in love with Rhonya either. Cause he's in a state of melancholy and nostalgia while being guilt tripped by everyone while losing the vast majority of his reputation and standing.

It feels like he realized he's not in a particular good situation and wants to go back to his previous standing. Rather than growing up and picking up the pieces of his life. He would lose out on his family respect, lose his best friend, and hes a joke nationwide. if it gets out Rhonya was the savior of the spirit forest with him dumping her, people would laugh him off his throne.

9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a bad explanation. Completely understandable (since in the manga, he told Rhonya that it would be fine if she didn't HAVE to be at the top *but her being on top gave her a small exemption on her exams/an excuse to postpone her exams when the spirit forest was attacked*) but at the same time, Schneider SHOULD be aware why she's doing it
    She HAS to be on top given
    1. Her family's strict and ambitious rep (and probably one blunder would get a slap from her bro *we had one panel of that slap as a flashback in the recent updates of the manga*)
    2. She IS the CPs fiancee and is therefore carrying a HUGE burden and is already fulfilling half her role especially the diplomatic relations
    3. While she is academically working hard/probably gifted, the manga mentions Misano is a literal genius (apparently) because compared to Rhonya who worked her *ss off with Gratia's spartan magic training (depends on the novel translation or if it was even Gratia himself who was helping her training) and having her own tutors, Misano was just gifted but somehow stayed at #2. Rhonya had to sacrifice her social life at the academy (other than because she was already expecting the inevitable departure or her duties took most of her time)

10. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, It's why I don't think he loves her anymore because he stopped taking her into consideration.
    He already knows her situation and the hard work she invested into keeping her position. But still blindsides her with a public trial humiliation. It's like his friends and the king said, he could've privately annulled the engagement and had peace talks to not severely harm Rhonya in the long run. But he literally and figuratively destroyed her life because of suspicion on bullying.

I know that bullying can be a serious thing and can be pretty goddam malicious. But he pulled the Kyle move and destroyed a person an entire life over it. His best hard evidence was the book down staircase, the accidental magic deflection, and the cronies getting outed. Even then all of them were flimsy as evidence cause there was no harm mentally or physically to said individual. Even the cronies testimony is flimsy as well because they should be judged by a 3rd and 4th party with hard evidence for proof of said testimony.

It didn't help misano was also manipulating the situation and gaslighting the entire show.

for a prince that has several years of political experience. It comes to a surprise that he was so easily lead by the nose. It makes you wonder if he wanted it to flow that way as well.

Edit: if Rhonya really cared to handle misano and actually cause harm. Rhonya political power, mastery of magic, and even allies can easily make misano disappear. It's why like i dont get some otome genre story plots. It like it's really easy to get rid of someone with a low status of a baron. You dont even need pirates or bandits. She can ask her spirit friends and misano wouldn't even exist the next day.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  11. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, while I don't condone bullying in any form but IF Rhonya DID bully Misano, then its semi-justified given her (higher family) status. Literally higher status, plus SOON TO BE MARRIED/ENGAGED (hust a few months/weeks till they publicly announced it), ignored her own suitors (which is hilarious since Rhonya was unaware of most, if not all of them Orphias's feelings were a shock to her when he proposed AND the guy initially willingly backed off when he saw the woman he loved *but this is one of the men Schneider himself was wary off*, Hansel was inevitably seen as a friend and at least respected Schneider, Gratia was a mentor and was socially awkward, Laclain's confession was when she was asleep/already has a master-servant contract)

12. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much and bless all your family cows hallelujah~ :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Please have all the sushi and puppies and kittens. :blobdog::blobsnow::sushi_thankyou::blobdog::blobsnow::sushi_thankyou::blobdog::blobsnow::sushi_thankyou::blobdog::blobsnow::sushi_thankyou::blobdog::blobsnow::sushi_thankyou:

Edit: Also for all the spoilers that came afterwards, delightful.

moto and Hypothon like this.
  13. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't condone bullying either but give punishment equal to the crime. The punishment was equivalent to a tactical nuke in the sense of what he did.

I'm sure the list only grows longer with each passing day. Which i find hilarious as well.

14. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Why thank you for the puppies and kittens! Thanks for the bday gift! Despite being Asian, because of my weak stomach, I can't handle sushi

Asami, moto and Themas like this.
  15. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, it's all good! XD Happy birthday!

moto and Hypothon like this.
  16. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy birthday!! :blobparty::blobparty:
    Me too! Can't handle sushi because I just can't eat uncooked fish.

Hypothon likes this.
  17. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her (older) brother is quite complicated, because while he is a MASSIVE a**hole, he was also kind of raised that way. Her parents act the exact same, but him through the same hell Rhonya was put through, so to him, all of this is natural and normal. I also got the feeling that he belittles her achievements because she is a woman, and naturally it is much easier to become best amonst the "girls" compared to the "boys". So yeah, I hate him too, but more so I wonder what happened to her parents to make them this way because clearly her Grandfather is a good guy.

Do you mean the novel or manga raws? If you mean the manga, raws are here: https://rawdevart.com/comic/milady-just-wants-relax/

As for the discussion on bullying, that is one of those things about this genre that has always confused me too. It's like we are all collectively forgetting that they are in school, teenagers, and teenagers do dumb shit ALL the time. Now, bullying is wrong, especially when it borders on abuse, but to destroy the life of a 16-year old over some spilled tea and insults about heritage is mind-blowing to me. Especially from the adult's perspective, it's like they all collectively forgot that all teenagers are.... not adults yet. Lord knows I was a horrible teenager who did all kinds of dumb, dangerous stuff, and I am glad that I did not get banished from my country or executed over it because now that I have grown up, I am a stable adult and (mostly) have my s**t together.

18. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    On the point with Rhonya's parents could depend on which side was not related with gramps/in-laws? or whoever his child is got a big head and married an equal moron.

As for the bullying issue, the only thing I can add is the worst level of otome bullying in this genre is I guess the push the bullied person off the stairs, or in Misano's case, probably the orchestrated falling bookshelf. Both cased COULD be life threatening if it were in real life.

Dunno really. The farthest bullying I've ever gotten was harrassment when I was a teenager (because of my short height and fair skin tone *if you could ignore the acne on my face, below the neck I beat most of the girls in my year in the skin category since I'm a couch potato*), I would usuallly get the usual butt slap when a jock would cross my path, got catcalled in public, and once when I ignored 3 juniors, felt way too close and felt up my chest

19. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really bad!! Do you kick those juniors in the balls?

Aymee and eagerreadergirl like this.
  20. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    I was really timid back at High school, and for me they really didn't go that far (since it was still within the school premises and I could've just screamed). Plus, I don't believe they'd go that far for someone gay especially in a small rural, catholic, private school in the PH