Recommendations Well Written Fanfic With OP MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ctho, May 12, 2020.

1. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title says all I am looking for. Male MC is preferred, but it of little importance. Yuri is fine but no yaoi.

And please, I beg you, no one piece fan fics.

Cosmic_, Arash1 and Toralk like this.
  2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a manor in post apocalyptic world.

3. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exsha, Cosmic_, l2ose and 1 other person like this.
  4. Shadowstriker

Shadowstriker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In another world with naruto system

sleepingdepression likes this.
  5. l2ose

l2ose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any preference, franchise other than OP MC of course~?

fanfiction.net/s/12358946/1/Remnant-Inferis-DOOM - Doom Slayer in RWBY
    fanfiction.net/s/12904733/1/Man-off-the-Moon - Garcher in Mass effect
    fanfiction.net/s/12589157/1/The-Night-Unfurls-UNDERGOING-REVISION - Bloodborn Hunter in Kuroinu
    fanfiction.net/s/12201158/1/Darwin - Emperor of minkind Lelouch. Does OP in intellect work~? (It has subtle Harem undertone)
    fanfiction.net/s/11431968/1/The-Legacy-of-the-Most-Unpredictable-Ninja - Naruto in DXD with Shinmai Maou + ??? Element
    fanfiction.net/u/2567701/Kur0Kishi - Most Kur0Kishi Naruto work fking miss this author

Cosmic_ likes this.
  6. MR.Klein

MR.Klein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kaledioscope -naruto fanfic

7. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Endless Path : Infinite Cosmos by Einlion

Ctho, spitfirefox and Cosmic_ like this.
  8. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor's Domination
    If you can stomach Continueous Face slapping scenes and ridiculously slow pase story.

9. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my favorite Overlord fan fiction. It starts off with a lot of focus in the game before the transfer, but the world building is great and if you love that prep for the apcolypse/getting ready by becoming OP aspect, it's amazing. It's an SI with some lemon (R18 scenes) though it's not the focus.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13351069/1/Chaotic-Good

I second Man Off the Moon. It a fantastically written space epic with good world building and action. Only minimal knowledge of the source materials are needed. The author does an excellent job playing EMIYA into the ME universe.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12904733/1/Man-off-the-Moon
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/man-off-the-moon-fate-extra-x-mass-effect.641011/

I also rec Endless Path : Infinite Cosmos by Einlion, however, it's not for everyone and I enjoyed it for a while, but dropped it when the author changed the tonal focus of the harem romance. It's heavy on the smut, but it still has a fun plot with interesting powers. I had a lot of fun out of the first 400, but it just stopped doing it for me. It's a lengthy read that can drag for a while, but I still enjoyed it so give it a try and make your own judgement.
    https://www.webnovel.com/book/11766562205519505/Endless-Path-:-Infinite-Cosmos

My favorite RWBY AU/OC Quest. It's a pretty major AU and stars an eldritch abomination in the vessel of a wolf/fox faunas. It's a Quest format and has a sequel/continuation thread. I recommend reading it using Reader Mode if you aren't use to forum format. It's a great fanfic with so much originality and heart. I highly recommend this one especially since it's has a really fun power/ability system. It's mostly slice of life, but it has plot and a complex setting and good action. The powers, world building, setting, and vast array of characters make it a wild ride. It's kinda like EPIC, but way wilder and better imo especially since it's not a harem novel.
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/the-light-of-our-solus-rwby.388207/reader/

SaintInfernalNeos is the man to go to for SAO Harem Route AU fun. OP Kirito with good spins to the story. It follows the LN and games so it's extended SAO lore and heroines.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12887197/1/SAO-The-Eroge
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11645507/1/One-Punch-Gamer
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12429589/1/Lusus-Naturae

Shirou in RWBY is always fun too.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13228575/1/Remnant-of-a-Carnival
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13048572/1/The-Huntsman-of-Red-V2
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12338429/1/Heroes-Dreams-and-Destiny

I also highly recommend ENIYA's work on QuestionableQuesting especially his High School DxD and Chivalry of a Failed Knight SI. A little NSFW, but it's a lot more plot focused and it shows a genre savvy and prepared SI. You'll need to make an account, but QQ has a lot of good stories.

I got more if you want. Got some Worm, DC, Marvel, DxD, Fate, BNHA, RWBY, HP, etc. too.

LordRikudo, Ctho and eray.gns like this.
  10. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! if you have any marvel ones that would be amazing!
    Is it worth the hype?
    I would love the Marvel and DC ones!

thank you all!

11. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
  12. eray.gns

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesteryear, if someone came to me and recommended a fanfic to read, I would've probably blocked that person and never talk to him/her ever again, even if that said person was my bff. I thought the sole idea of fanfic was stupid. Now I can safely say that (I've pretty much read 70% of all the translated CN/JP novels) EPIC is literally the number one web novel for me.

Author is really detailed about the world, nothing is left untold or left to rot in the world of forgotten plot points; side characters have personalities and along with MC they actually develop into something more. It is not the typical "MC replaces the original MC" kinda fanfic but rather MC has its own story and things that happen are hugely unrelated to the original. MC starts as a "blank child" and with time develops into a great emperor and more so, into a great man. Story doesn't use any of the "cliches" I deem "stupid" that other novels use and is actually quite smart and serious at times.

I can't really do justice to the story with my meager vocabulary and lack of morning coffee so you might aswell try it. Nothing to lose. Just try not to drop it with 2-5 chapters in, and try to read at least until he gets to the city. Know that novel only gets better the more you read. Also unlike any other novel, here MC isn't an edgy, whiny, beta, dense cuck. He has his "awkward" moments but not so much after they talk through their problems. Yes, they actually talk. He even has kids at some point, which are damn adorable btw.

One downside of EPIC is that (for some people, not to me, I like those more) story doesn't always keep you on tenderhooks. It isn't enemy after enemy, great uncle after sect master but rather it actually has good slice of life parts too that adds to the character development a lot. And when MC fights enemies it isn't out of nowhere (aside from the first 100 chapters where he awakens his abilities) asspulls but rather well thought out battles with calculated risks.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Exsha and Ctho like this.
  13. NogardterceS

NogardterceS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I find this EPIC? There are too many stories with epic in their name, cant really find the story you are talking about

Ctho likes this.
  14. eray.gns

Reading List:
    Link
    Ctho likes this.
  15. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

I appreciate the time you put into that. I will definitely check it out now. How is he ruthlessness wise?

16. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    He can be pretty ruthlessness to those that do him or his friends/family harm. Though, I personally feel that sometimes he's not ruthless or assertive enough. He's no beta, but he can get dragged along sometimes.

17. eray.gns

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not a hypocritical bloody murderer like in those CNs but not a beta drag on like those in JPNs either. He thinks about the world and actually does something about the injustice plaguing it. I'm quoting directly from MC:

"Death is not the end of life, just a part of it. I will not go out of my way to kill people but, if it would make the world a better place, I would not hesitate to eliminate even the majority. If I found a group of a thousand people cheering on as two children brutally fought to the death, you can be certain I would eliminate the one-thousand in order to preserve the lives of the two. Prioritizing life without consideration for how others are forced to live just allows corruption to spread rampantly..."

This was an answer given to someone who told MC "do you have to be so ruthless?!"

"I guess this is why you're an Emperor and I'm just a small family head. I can't make these kinds of decisions, regardless of how much power I have. Though I can see your reasoning, my gut instinct just tells me its wrong."

Somewhat against her expectations, Vahn did not try to lecture her. Instead, he had a smile on his face as he nodded his head approvingly. Then, surprising her further, he stated in a calm tone, "The world needs people like you, perhaps even more than it needs people like me. Being an idealist and staying true to your convictions are two things most people struggle with. I actually respect people like you a great deal, Aoko. I even have a friend named Paracelsus who, while we do not see eye-to-eye, we are able to work together to make the world a better place. I would never expect others to step in line and try to perform the same feats as myself...after all, they are not an Emperor. It is my responsibility, not theirs."

What @Cosmic_ said maybe isn't wrong for around chapter 400s but he develops a lot in the next 1100+ chapters. Also the place @Cosmic_ stopped reading the novel is actually the only "slow" part of it, from thereon it sprouds wings and flies. To be honest once you reach the ending, waiting daily becomes hard. It is like drugs.

Ctho likes this.
  18. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the first quote. I am for sure reading this when I finish my current FF. Thank you for your help.

eray.gns likes this.
  19. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    How has the harem progressed in the Danmachi world? One of my reasons for dropping it was that Vahn was fine with having sex with Goddesses he didn't intimately know and having them birth his child due to the encouragement of his harem. Also, the whole God-Emperor needing political marriages thing was something I disagreed with. Things just got to the point where it didn't sit well with me especially since it felt like it went into the harem collection pitfall where the girls got too numerous and unimportant. How's did things progress with Freya and how is the Fate world?

Exsha likes this.
  20. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't. I just can't.

The story isn't bad per say, its just artificial. The tone that the story sets in the beginning grates on me with its subtle 'Oh! woe is me and my misfortune' theme and the fic then goes on to paint the picture of an awkward adolescent teenager who somehow or the other snags the attention of women left right and center.

Another pet peeve of mine is the cliche wherein the system that the Mc is given turns out to be female because genuinely, fuck female systems.

All in all while not as terrible as the normal trash present on webnovel the story comes of as a sad attempt at a jumpchain.

But bitching about this fic, no matter how carthaic it may be for my sole, is not the reason for the existence of this thread. Instead allow me to share with you a couple of fics that'll help you pass the time and heighten all of your standards when it comes to fanfiction in general.

1 - Forged Destiny is an RPG take on RWBY. With over 1 million words its simply said a beaut.
    2 - Mother of Learning is an original story and the lesser I say about it the better because words fail to describe how well written this fic is.
    3 - Oddity is a naruto self insert fanfic which is nice. Not comparable to the first two recs but the latest chapters have left me with a shiver running down my spine and goosebumps on my arms.
    4 - Going Native is a dragon ball self insert fanfic with a crossover into the dc multiverse. The fic is quite well written and is definetly worth a read.
    5 - Skywalker Resurgent is a star wars self insert fanfic that brings back a lot of good memories if you're part of the generation old enough to remember and appreciate the greatness of the original star wars triology.
    6 - The Muggleborn Conspiracy is a harry potter self insert fanfic that was pretty awesome but the recent chapters have seen a little drop in quality. Well, either that or I simply don't like the direction in which the author is taking the plot. :/ happens from time to time.
    7 - Y'know Nothing Jon Snow is a pokemon self insert fanfic that is wonderful. It's rare to see a pokemon si that isn't dead as well as well written at the same time.
    8 - Sacrifice and Subjugation is a pokemon fanfic that one would love if they're into grim dark realities in the pokemon franchise.
    9 - Departure from the Diary is a harry potter fanfic that one should read if they're into the trope of gender bending the villain and making the villain and the heor an item in a plausible manner.
    10 - Carl the Jumper is an example of a somewhat well written jumpchain. Unfortunately the world the author has taken the Mc into currently isn't one that I particularly like so I havent read this one in a bit.

I also happen to know several well written Naruto and Harry Potter smuts that are well worth the read just for the fap material cause honestly, at this point the only thing we can do is eat, sleep, read, play games and fap. A happy lockdown to the lot of you and good day.

Cosmic_ likes this.