Picked Up Wife can't escape

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by aienmoon, Feb 2, 2020.

1. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Wife Can't Escape 《嬌妻難逃》 作者: 明月像餅
    Raw Link: link1 , link2
    NU Link: n/a
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: For those ML yandere fans. ML is yandere but not to the extreme that he hurts mc. Bitter sweet HE (?)
    Not sure if you can call it HE because MC will never love ML. It is hinted though at the afterstory that she cares for him after years of marriage.

It's been awhile since I've read this and I remember this have some funny parts and heart wrenching parts. I wanted to read it again hopefully an english translated version this time to better understand the story (MTL is not bad, I was able to still understand 70-80% of the story). From what I remember, the MC is a smart one who knows when to advance or retreat. Also loved her retort against ML, although she wasnt able to escape him, her responses are like a knife killing ml everytime. I liked the mental torture :blobcat_knife:. ML is the usual cold cunning smart that turned to obsessively possessive husband. My most fave char is their son. He's so cute!

Here are some spoiler if you want to know:
    MC was transmigrated to a body of the wife of a low ranking official(ML). Backstory of OG body: she was drugged by her sister and ended up in bed with ML. she got pregnant and married him she was a spoiled daughter of a rich family that is already engaged and ML is also from a good family but his mom was a prostitute IIRC so he was unloved by his family. Because of his status, OGB doesnt like him. During pregnancy she gradually liked ML but after giving birth she fell in a pond and began hating him again. She began flirting with other men and even raised a man from the geisha building i think and also physically/emotionally abused/neglect their child. Because of the humiliation, after 2 years of marriage, ML began to poison OGB. A few years after that, MC transmigrated, since she knows the plot (ML poisoning mc and having ml let their son kill og body together) she tried to please ml to change her end. Since the change of temperament ML fell in love with MC and stopped the poisoning but it was too late. MC was already poisoned. At this point ML already noticed that mc doesnt really love him and has plans of running away (well not really, it was OGB who was planning to run away). ML is now showing some signs of being yandere here IIRC. She got pregnant and was forced by ML to abort the baby because the pregnancy could kill her faster which made mc to hate ML more. mc was tortured everyday by the poison so she forced ML to kill her.

Story may sound cliche but i liked the plot twist and how it was written. I think the psychology of the main characters (IMO) was also explained well.

Plot twist
    It is actually MC's 3rd lifetime with ML and everytime she was killed by ML. First lifetime, she was the beloved princess off the emperor and she was engaged to ML which was the son of the south(?) king. ML was actually sent by his father as a spy and when his father rebelled, they killed all the family of MC. When the army was nearing the palace, MC was held hostage the empire's general but was shot and killed by ML. Before dying she cursed ml and said that she doesnt want to meet again in their next lifetime, if they did and she fell in love again, she will die. (ML did love her but due to political reasons knew that she will never be able to keep her life eitherway and just decided to end her life on his own hands. he lived miserably after her death which he deserves). Their second lifetime was the plot of the book, MC regained her memory of first lifetime after she fell in the pond so she got nasty to ml. After ML killed her, he regained his memory and was devastated. On their third lifetime when mc thought she transmigrated, she died again on ml's hand but was reborn again. This time both MC and ML gradually regained their memories. MC wants to keep away this time but ML with his yandere-ish character didnt let her. At the end, MC just gave up and just accepted ML and just want to live peacefully with her child and future children. which i think is reasonable given her circumstances.
    Description:
    MTLed:
    Song Yan wore a book called "Quan Chen", and became the wife of the male leader's death. The original owner in the book was snobbish, cast aside his husband, and abandoned his son. Finally, he died in a wild fire.
    Song Ye, who had read the book, said that he was a little flustered.
    Then she was going to pinch her tail to be a good person, and by the way hold the male thigh tightly.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. Blood A

Blood A Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Elliana

Elliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. chindy02

chindy02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of working on this and see if i'll like it☺️ might post chapters before the end of this month

Tasnim oishi, aienmoon and Blood A like this.
  7. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
  8. chindy02

chindy02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll post the translated chapters here
    Tinkerreleases.net
    I'm a beginner so I hope you forgive me for any mistakes

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  9. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chindy02 likes this.
  10. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!! ヾ(๑≧∇≦)ノ゙♥❤

chindy02 likes this.
  11. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey , so the third lifetime is this one in which she forces ML to kill her and then ? they get reborn at which stage ?

chindy02 likes this.
  12. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC she will get back to her "real world" after she died then meet a mysterious monk. I forget the reason but the monk will let her get back to the "book world" to stop the cycle of reincarnation i think? (its been so long i forgot the details) MC will be reborn a few months after her death. ML didnt get reborn on 3rd lifetime he didnt die yet. Ofcourse everyone thinks that she's already dead so she hid for a while then ML found her then concealed her.

edit: that monk is the reason why they keep on reincarnating. on their first lifetime he approached ML years after being miserable alone and told him that he can let them meet again but ml will not have his memories and their end will still be tragic.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  13. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML also gets the memory back in the fourth lifetime right c

Blood A and chindy02 like this.
  14. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    there is no 4th lifetime. they just continue the events on 3rd lifetime.
    ml got his memory back. i forgot at which time, probably after he killed FL..

15. MatchaGirl

MatchaGirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The tragedy of the ML and FL sounds.... interesting! I wonder who was the most emotionally scarred in the end.

Blood A and aienmoon like this.
  16. haruhi91

haruhi91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So he killed her 3 times and we should root for him? I would have preferred if in the end the MC managed to get rid of him

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    RuLiLa and eagerreadergirl like this.
  17. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, that would really be the best for the mc. unfortunately... the title says it all (•́ _ •̀ ) she really tried but still cant get away.

theilikepie, chindy02 and Blood A like this.
  18. haruhi91

haruhi91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I binged reading the MTL version of the novel, although I can't say I like the ending, it is definetely better than other novels with similar settings. I especially liked the twist about the original owner who wasn't rude and evil to the male lead just for the sake of the plot but she had a real reason to hate him

19. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right?!! I usually like to read happy endings but i feel like the ending was very reasonable. If it were me in her situation id probably do the same. If you already exhaust all possible ways of escape, as long as the ml doesnt abuse you, why torture yourself? Just live peacefully with your children...
    (...is this stockholm syndrome??〣( ºΔº )〣)

bclau18 and Blood A like this.
  20. comicalleycat

comicalleycat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished the whole novel. I cried. The ML had suffered and was tortured from his decision when he killed his wife from their first life. Theres karma at the end for him. This is what I understand the 3rd lifetime will be the last time the ML and MC be together after their 3rd life they will never meet again and he will be burden of the memories of their pastlife, they will never meet her again after this. His really pitiful and he did suffer a lot. When karma comes around it hits really hard.

P. S i dont know how to put spoiler