Picked Up Tales of Reincarnation in Maydare: The World's Worst Witch

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Ariahz, May 20, 2020.

1. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Tales of Reincarnation in Maydare: The World's Worst Witch (メイデーア転生物語 この世界で一番悪い魔女)
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3862be/ (web novel version)
    NU Link: (not available)
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Currently, a few chapters of the manga are out on MangaDex and it's very intriguing to say the least. The hook is certainly different than your average isekai, and there is more of a linear plot as well. I'm honestly shocked it hasn't been mentioned on NU yet, save for spoilers of like, the first chapter. It's gaining recognition right now and there's even a PV for the light novel on Twitter. One important thing to note is that apparently the author is making the published light novel different than the original webnovel stated here, so as of now I'm not sure what the manga is based on or how different they'll be. The entire webnovel is available for free but the light novel is published and needs to be bought (sorry), so whoever's willing to pickup this can decide which one to translate. But please pick this up!
    Edit: after actually reading the wn's first part of the prologue (mtl is horrid like forget grammar, wtf is a yancha boy) I can conclude that the two are completely different and the manga is based on the ln.
    Description:
    Makia is a noble lady descended from an infamous witch. Thor, a boy who was raised with her and came from another world, is chosen to be the knight of the "savior". The two are forced apart and to see Thor once again Makia aims to be the top student at Magic School! (taken from MangaDex)

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. eardun

eardun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! Have you read the web novel? I'm curious what is it about and how is it different from the published novel.

3. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late reply! But no, I didn't read the web novel besides the prologue and 1st chap (mtl-ing makes me cry of amusement + I only know like, 2 kana and 2 kanji) but it's pretty clear on how they're different right away. Feel free to correct me because I haven't read the light novel yet and I'm only basing it on the manga. Beware the blockiness.
    Okay this is so hard like I'm praying for scanlations stat I just wrote a long paragraph only realize things are wrong and had to start over god bless. Webnovel: starts in modern Japan with Oda Kazuha and her friends already aware that they're the Scarlet Witch, White Sage and Black Demon King who did some bad, bad stuff back in Maydare years ago. Now they're just chilling and eating oden at each other's houses. Then comes blonde guy, some cute dude the White Sage randomly picked to be the Hero who got caught in the long-lasting quarrel (read: childish play-fighting) between the three, but suddenly overthrew and ended their lives. Now, he also killed them in modern Japan. No truck-kun or magical circle-senpai in my isekai? Crazy~ Light novel: the whole Oda Kazuha and co. murdered by the "blonde guy" scene is just a dream to Makia in the fantasy world of Maydare. Makia knows of her lineage to the Scarlet Witch, but isn't aware of her past life in Japan unlike other isekais. Even in Japan Oda Kazuha didn't know who her and her friends' past self or who the blonde guy was in the LN.
    Similarities: they get killed by blonde wacko from their past Witch/Sage/King selves and in modern Japan. We then move to the world of Maydare where the gang originally met! :D Differences: Makia isn't aware of who she is and what her true powers are in the LN/manga, but WN Makia immediately knows wtf's going on when she's reincarnated for the 3rd time and is like, "Hello new mother". WN has other POVs while LN/manga we only see Makia's POV. Long story short: please pick up. I like Makia. I like it when she plays a dog and calls a servant "crappy, dumb and KY". Thank you.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Mikaa, CottonKey and MianneChan like this.
  4. Eunieberry

Eunieberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yancha means naughty/mischievous. I can probably tl but I don’t have the confidence to produce a good quality translation with perfect grammar. English isn’t my first language and I don’t have time to do proofreading..
    Btw is the wn complete? How many chapters are there?

Mikaa likes this.
  5. Ariahz

Ariahz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the long reply! Yeah, I decided to make yancha boy my new thing now lol. And yes, the wn is complete. If you look at the link there's seven parts which are labelled "Chapters", but each "Chapter" has ~40-100 parts to it (they're pretty short tho?) so I assume that each "Chapter" is more of an arc/volume or something. So maybe you can merge some of these parts together? Also, there's a side-story between each chapter (labelled Gaiden). Please translate this if you can! I might not be able to help much but I can help proofread/beta the English part if you want.

Gumiisland, Mikaa and C_tgl like this.
  6. Divinus

Divinus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also be interested in seeing this picked up.

7. hazelnutpie

hazelnutpie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, just letting you guys know that I've picked up the ln version of this novel! I've already posted the prologue here: meidea-translation . blogspot . com