Spoiler Miss not so sidekick

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by earp, Feb 5, 2019.

1. BantalDacron

BantalDacron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Peacock means duke (blame it to *wful machine translation).

2. Tobbit

Tobbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a short continuation to sankoi’s spoiler. :blobpeek:

So basically Ken’s route is set after he consulted Latte in chapter 75 of the novel.

Some events lead to Latte joining Ken during a monster hunt in the mountains. There Latte sees a flying squirrel and she’s so distracted by the cute that she almost falls into a trap and gets eaten by a monster but Ken saves her in time by holding onto her arm.

A few more stuff happens but basically Ken avoids Latte after the monster incident but then suddenly visits her house again a few days.

Here’s a transcript of the MTL’ed scene. It’s written in Latte’s POV. The first dialogue is also spoken by Latte ^^

"Sorry. Please continue. 'The symptoms didn't appear strange.' What?”

“I mean, I had contact with a certain opposite sex, but I didn't care.”

“Yes?” What?! I opened my eyes wide. I almost jumped to my feet. I managed to patch up the uncontrollable urge, and I poured out questions like a shotgun. "When? Where? To whom? To whom? Who is it?"

“Don't make a fuss.”

“You don’t mean your mother, do you?”
    (LOL Latte u savage)

“You think I'm an idiot?”

“I was just saying that. But, oh, my God!" I couldn't keep my words and crossed my hands to cover my mouth. Oh, my God, the light on Kenneth! “Congratulations.”

“What do you mean?”

“Didn't you just confess you had a fling?”

“Say it in words I can understand.”

“Oh, I forgot my vocabulary. So, you're saying there's a woman who won your heart, right?" And I had to seriously review what was wrong with my remarks right after. This is because Kenneth looked so shocked that he couldn't compare to before. It's like a huge shock.
    (Lol, this is Latte not realizing that she was the certain opposite sex Ken was talking about)

This beauty seemed to have hit him. Kenny, who had hardened his eyes without blinking, wrung out his words. “A woman who won my heart?”

“She touched you, and you said you didn't mind. It was the same with Ibelin... maybe a new love has come?"

"Love?" Kenny's complexion turned blue. It was unlikely that he would change his face like that even if he was chased by a master of fortune-teller.

I was taken aback at the sight of Kenneth's face, which had gone out of color at one moment. What's wrong? What's wrong with him? Is it that shocking? No, why not? By speaking, Kenneth recently touched someone, either by accident or whatever. And someone said, "The rejection that should have happened the moment she came into contact.There was no sign of goose bumps or disgust. In other words, the misogyny symptoms are below her level 1. Unless she inherited the heroine Buff from Ibelin, it seemed plausible to the assumption that the day of spring had come to Kenneth. Why do you usually overcome heterosexual hatred in other cartoons and novels?

"Excuse me...... Your Excellency, is she married?" Ken shakes his head. "Or is she too young?" he shakes his head again.

"Is there a couple who can't live without it? Even if it's just a boyfriend." I was wondering if he was going to pause for a moment, but he's shaking his head!

Then what! What's the problem? “Does she have three eyes?”

“Are you kidding?”

“But why are you so disgusted?” By all appearances, Kenneth was refusing the situation with his whole body. He seemed to be a child who only repeated Dori and Li because he didn't want to admit it. If the circumstances I confided in were not really related to a single grain of love emotion, I wouldn't have looked so struck by my words. Isn't it because there's something in the corner of the map? "Escaping reality is not a good thing. Face it!”

“I can't believe it.” If only something reliable had happened, it would have been so easy to live in the world. “No way. No way.”

“Love is beautiful. It'll help cure your misogyny." Kenneth's expression was queer. At this point, I wondered if I should blow up Wedding Xitch's plagiarism line, 'I pity you for not knowing the beauty of love!' While agonizing, Kenneth sighs with his hands touching his forehead.
    (Lol kenneth is suffering. He can’t believe he fell for her haha)

"Your Excellency, you're more handsome today than ever."

I spit out what came to my mind right away. I felt emaciated, but that's why. | Is it decadent? Somehow more than usual. His appearance is more Lily's going to fall. If I hadn't had immunity, I would have had difficulty breathing.

“Bullshit."

"Well, you're tired of it, aren't you? I used to think you were always handsome, but you were so shiny today that..."

"Stop it."

Huh? I blinked because I thought I was mistaken. I thought I was going to be neatly ignored, but unexpectedly Kenneth was in a state of agitation. You just shook your eyes, didn't you? I think your expression changed for a second. Oh, what's up?

“Are you embarrassed?”

“Do you want to die?”

“You don't have to say that now. You saved me as much as you could, and now you should.” I grinned as I mentioned the moment when Kenny flew in and held me back. Yes, I avoided it for a few days, but this came to me to discuss my concerns, and as expected, the friendship between me and Kenneth was really close...

...and all of a sudden, waves broke in my head. It was a tidal wave. It came at a negligible height and hit the paddle with a loud bang. I'm not only breathing at the moment.

I forgot to blink. One epiphany that rose like a comet made me stone.

Kenneth saved my life. He grabbed my arm when he rescued me. After that, he avoided me unnaturally, and came to me for a few days to consult. I'm embarrassed because I've been in touch with someone and they don't care. When I told him that it was love, he struggled because he didn't want to admit it.

And then you wouldn't be in a nursery rhyme...

...would you? I can't control my facial expression.

The pupil lost his place. I couldn't stare at the front and my eyes moved wildly. It was NashikeI's that eventually landed on a stone'since it was the NashikeI's. I barely opened my mouth to an opponent who was just staring here.

“Well...... Your Excellency.”

“What is it?”

“Don't feel bad and listen. It's just a guess, so......"

"Tell me."

"Maybe, a woman who touched and didn't care... is it me?"

I thought I heard the sound effect. The ice has gone sour in Kenneth. The reaction was so stark that the movie's setting of "Cold Handsome Poker Face" was unique. And I kept my mouth shut.

When I came back to the room, I hit my innocent pillow about 20 times.

Stopping here because the rest of the MTL doesn’t make sense anymore. Also there might be some inaccuracies because mtl haha :sushi_bye:

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  3. Jem3710

Jem3710 nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I noticed that too, also another thing I remember is article might mean knight

4. sankoi

sankoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure they're on kakao buuut I found the novels at 이북클럽. :D

micchan likes this.
  5. coinssa

coinssa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ho-ho! Some struggle to accept the reality both for Kenneth and Latte, 'tis what they need :blobokhand:That's just so funny:blobmelt:
    But what about Arwin? WHERE IS HE?

Oh, he can totally get everything done. With his speed...
    In fact, I think that power outburst that the guard felt was Arwin's rage after Latte lost her consciousness. The Death Forest visit couldn't be long. Latte checked her scrolls the moment she got there, the monster came out, got killed - I doubt that took more than 5 minutes.
    And imagine Latte's evacuation:

Esula: :blobfistbumpR: *cleaning a room*
    Enraged Arwin popping out of nowhere with unconscious Latte: take her she is tired *shoves Latte into her hands, disappears*
    Esula: :blobfearful: My Ladyyyyy:blobsob:
    and the household freaks out

Still, it's my speculation based on the novel and the fact that Arwin moved the moment Latte went to the forest. I doubt he would delay her rescue if he got so worried for her

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  6. sankoi

sankoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hahahaha makes sense. Sighs... Now, we have another week to wait. Latte would be Arwin's priority and his expression at the end of 111 as he said "Tell me everything you saw without leaving a single detail out..." Tells that Arwin already knew what happened and did all he has to bring Latte to her house then get back. HAHAHA (WHAT WAS I THINKINGGG WHEN I SAID HE WOULD GO TO THE HUNTING GROUNDS FIRST... AAAA)

Aaaaaaa... Arwin is angry. Peridot is shaking. HAHAHAHA WATCH OUT, GHORL.

Sooo while others are translating the last chapters or so of the main series... Back to Ken's extra chapter from the extras book.

After Ken comes to Latte finally after avoiding her after the mountain incident with Ken having to grab Latte's arm to save her... Latte is invited to a birthday party of a friend Lady Olive. Nobles...

As usual Esula does her thing and poof. it's a mask party so yeahhh... She has to wear a mask provided at the party venue.

Latte spots someone being harrassed near the terrace so of course Latte to the rescue. She gives the girl a chance to run but Latte was in turn, caught by the pervert. She was about to be hurt until Tadaaaaa.... Kenneth arrives and grabs her by the shoulder this time. Iiiiiii (aaaa churchbells ringing? Hahahahaha)

Latte was saved again. Nyahaha Latte was surprised and confused why Kenneth would be there to the point she thinks it's just his twin or something. She asked Ken,"...who am I?" She thinks to herself that there's no way he'd know it's her because of her dress, her mask, everything different from her during this party.
    "That was out of the blue. I just have to answer with your name right?"
    "Latte Ectrie" , Kenneth says.

Iiiieeee...

Latte still denies that Kenneth thought right. She changes her voice a bit. Still, Ken plays along and had multiple comebacks up to the point he says Latte's name is a raccoon's name. Latte snaps at him telling him it's a human being's name.

Kenneth laughs out loud and Latte thought how rare a sight it is. She thought to herself if this is the first time he laughs at all like he was not written like this as a character back when Latte was Hyejung and all.

Latte asks him how he knew it was her. It's a mask party. Haha only her eyes, mouth, and ears are exposed. Kenneth just says... Just because. (Keunyang 그냥) He just knows...

HE THANKS LATTE for relieving the tension. He was there to check something for himself... And he says "You...you're special." 네가...특별하다"

This part was also written in Ken's POV or was it a third person POV explaining the events from the time Latte tells Ken that he may have found a new love... It explains what he was doing there in Lady Olive's party and how he was safe from sasaengs (OA fans). Imma get back to you all on this part. Hahaha or somebodyyyy... Translate it too please. I have to calm down. My heart cannot take this fluff anymooore. Aafjsksjdjajdbf.

7. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Adorable. Just... adorable.
    Still... you'd have to wonder where tf is Arwin in all this when timeline wise this was already after counselor Latte makes her debut

8. Sareno

Sareno Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m wondering, Kenneth and Latte are in the alternative version together, but Arvin is there, what is he doing (or is he not interested in Latte)? And he is not jealous, does he just give a damn?
    P. s.I hope that my English is understandable, since it is not my main language, I am not so good at it

9. sankoi

sankoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Latte says in the intro of this separate story that she's not close to Rondemio and Arwin and has no idea how they view Ibelin. She didn't meet them often or at all. hahaha She only knows Ken's case because he just started consulting with Latte regarding his trauma about women manifesting in Ibelin. (he can no longer touch Ibelin)

aaand Latte said that Peridot has been taken care of (Arwin and Rondemio already dealt with her so she's no longer a threat to anyone) sooo the hunting grounds thing did not happen in this extra.

P.S. I kinda miss Arwin in this extra. How chaotic would a jealous Arwin beee...

10. micchan

micchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished binged reading the final book and side stories. MTL using Papago/ Google translate was better than expected so no regrets buying the raws. Found out that the webtoon is closely following the novel and the story is nearing the end :blobpopcorn_cool:
    • [*]Arwin often follows Latte like when she joined Gandalf on a journey to dispel his curse (Overprotective husband lol)
      [*]Latte’s soul got switched with another girl from a different continent while Arwin desperately searches for her.
      [*]Introduction of Arwin/ Latte’s son - Aude and Bishot/ Esula’s daughter. - Diana, these two became childhood friends. Aude is a magic genius and the heir to the Tower.
      [*]The last story was about Aude and Diana, The ending made me tear up a bit. I felt like, “ahh it’s really over”.
      [*]20 years after Latte and Arwin got married, Arwin said he wants to get married to Latte again in his next life too :bloblove:

There were some really sweet Latte x Arwin moments. Jealous Arwin never gets old :blobspearpeek: Hope they adapt the side stories in the webtoon.

11. MianneChan

MianneChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why Arwin is the best imo, seriously ❤️

CaelumBlue, Imsobored and ashc00 like this.
  12. Chinoci

Chinoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wooow arwin being sweet husband is so precious :blob_teary:

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  13. sankoi

sankoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I drew this just because ... Hqhaha i'm going crazy over ken x latte. Aaaaa... Save my soul

14. ichinnie

ichinnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you!!!! was eagerly waiting for this update hehehehe you're the best~

Chinoci likes this.
  15. Eshild Barder

Eshild Barder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "20 years after Latte and Arwin got married, Arwin said he wants to get married to Latte again in his next life too"
    This is the cutests thing, seriously. Also she also said to him the night of the theatre that she would be his crush on next life if he spared the guards and he did, so...
    Does anyone know how their daughter is called or from what novel she is MC? Maybe that one is translated.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Bella94, Leilacus, micchan and 3 others like this.
  16. Sareno

Sareno Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can put it on instagram, a very beautiful drawing !!!

sankoi likes this.
  17. HIMETAN

HIMETAN My English Sucks • I want good luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. What happen with ibelin? I mean, she really marry the #1 fish and couse of he dissatisfied with her character so he take concubine? How? Please give me some spoiler bout this
    Sorry my english, its not my main language