Spoiler The flower that was bloomed by a clood

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jan 12, 2020.

1. ManhwaAddict

ManhwaAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the raws shows that the grandma that Lyon saved from execution, per Baekhan's request, is harboring jayang. To shelter from the rain, baekhan and lyon are staying in that grandma's house so far.

KathyClysm likes this.
  2. priya031001

priya031001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the recent chapter it turns out that grandma is also sheltering Lyon's half-sister Jayang

FIEND likes this.
  3. Ficklyfrim

Ficklyfrim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello~ hello~ any spoilers?

4. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
    also, this doesn't seem like there's a novel?

5. ManhwaAddict

ManhwaAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's an original webtoon on naver

6. Kaleidoscopeview

Kaleidoscopeview Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooohh this is a really good webtoon. I love the music that they included in some chapters also.

Although I love Baek Han and really grateful for how he is with Lyon, I ship her with Dowun.

He is very logical, ambitious, and responsible that he can't easily show how he feels without thinking a million steps ahead or how his action can affect things.

I believe he truly cares and maybe loves her, but he is conflicted with his duty to his family (sometimes he even covers for his dad, while still thinking on Lyon's side). Hence he doesn't want to have any 'emotion' or so he said eventhough he acts based on his emotion (like when he helped to give her deceased mother the title and even put her tablet in the royal cemetary(?).

7. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link

I like Dowun because he is a foil to her and I like unconventional guys.
    For Baek Han, I was like 'meh, he's good' but he doesn't capture or maintain my interest. In addition, I can't see his conflict, he was a former bodyguard to the Emperor and he seems like 'just there.'
    Dowun is far more interesting for me since I'm more particularly invested in the political side of this novel. He's an ML I would love to guess the next step he's gonna do because of his romantic interest in the MC, keeping his position and appeasing his family.

8. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion hes a good character on his own but a terrible ML. He dosent even know what he wants and is hurting lyon in the process. Hes manipulative which is a good quality for a "ruler" but not a lover.

Also I think his little brother and the sister are working togethe

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on bodyguard though

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    XiaoXin, maenochka, Ecstasy and 7 others like this.
  9. Kaleidoscopeview

Kaleidoscopeview Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed! With only being "good" and "kind-hearted" won't bring her anywhere. To raise to her position now, Dowun nurtured her to become capable and a little ruthless (like him) because she needs to.

Although I really hope he will accept his feeling to Lyon soon and tell her. She is hungry for affection and love which she never receive throughout her life. I think that's why she got swayed by Baek Han.

Anyways, whose sister you mean? Dowun's?

10. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
    uwu~ I also chose to ship Lyon to Dowun... I feel like, when the time comes, it will be fulfilling to watch him chase after Lyon. Tsk tsk... I wish.

11. spchntrt

spchntrt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Not a spoiler, just some thoughts*

I really really really like Dowun. He's a very capable leader. Yes he's manipulative and cold, but he's also a responsible person. And must I say that he's actually selfless in a sense he let himself become the evil guy. Being a child that have to carry the burden of a whole clan from such young age, must not be rainbow and unicorns. I can't imagine how hard he must've worked to be able to be regarded as a genius at the age of 14. He must be ruthless to survive. And he's not wrong that such things like emotions is useless in politics. Although I agree he should've been more tactful in approaching the Queen, since he knows the Queen is like that. He's too blunt. But, at the same time he's also considerate and kind of sweet, with how he finally put the memorial tablet of the Queen's late birth mother in the Royal Ancestors' Hall. If only the Queen can see Dowun's consideration. And Dowu could be warmer like the Queen. Also what he did is a lesson to her, which: you could only have what you want once you have power. But, I guess all she saw is the ruthlessness of Dowun. Poor him (but it's also his fault tho for being too harsh haha). I just can't believe why the Queen can't see the kindness of Dowun behind of that cold mask. And I believe Dowun at least cares about the Queen. It's just his love language is a bit different, while the Queen needs something like words of affirmations, physical affections and stuffs like that. And right now he's still in denial. Since previously, there wasn't anyone to challenge his position until the guard appeared. I'm looking forward to what he'll do once he realise his feelings. Hehe.

I actually kind of put off by the Queen's attitude. (i dont even remember her name, she isn't that memorable lol). She's still naive and delusional. I was excited when I saw her changes after coming back to the palace 2 years later. I thought to myself that she and Dowun would become like the power couple or smth like that. But then, she reverted to being her old self after she sat on the throne. She should've known better that in such place like the palace, love is insignificant. Thought I understand that she yearns for love and affection because she was abondoned, bullied and all that stuffs. But at the same time, wasn't she the one who said that she will rise above the others? Like, girl, make up your mind. Which one you want? Power or love? If you want the throne, then something else must go. It's not like you cant have both, but having both means there wont be balance between the two (only in this story tho, since she is the Queen). What I mean is: If she wants great power, then choose Dowun. Their marriage may not be as passionate as if she was with the guard, but I believe there still will be a lit bit of ‘love’ and respect. Plus her position will be firm in the court. But if she wants great love, then choose the guard. Then all the hard works and support will be withdrawn which eventually weaken her power. So, it's just a matter of compromise and mutual understanding. But hey, she will live happily ever after with her knight in shining armour, right? Lol, I honestly don't think she will survive if she does that. Especially it's just months after she ascended to the throne. Her standing is still vulnerable. She should be more rational with her action. Dowun's constant nagging about her and the guard is completely justified, since now she is the Queen, not the same good-for-nothing princess back then. But she kept brush it off and repeat the same mistake again and again. She should realise that her actions will implicate not only herself but also her surroundings. All in all, she will be a danger to herself and Dowun. And also I'm afraid that the Queen one day will bite the hands that feed her.

The guard is kind of meh character. Well, we still don't know much about his backstory besides that he's adopted and kind of abandoned by his clan i guess (?). But most likely he's the kind of person like the Queen. The kind to let their emotions blind their judgements. I can kinda predict what the future holds if the Queen and guard continue their romance. Worse rumours will be spread again which can lead to the Queen being disgraced or something along the way. Which can lead to the court being distrustful towards her and perhaps the Queen's sister will appear to take this opportunity to challenge the throne. Also, Dowun will be disrespected by the rumours which will make him even lonelier in the palace while actually he's the one who does all the works. Gosh, I really don't want Dowun to end up in some tragedy. Ugh, stupid Queen!!!

Dowun's brother would definitely bring troubles, lol. I think he's still salty about that incident years ago. Even though it's totally his fault. I'm really curious tho what kind of troubles he'll bring. Also the female guard with purple hair (?) probably likes Dowun. Kyaaa. Hahaha

I hope this manhwa wouldn't end up like some cliche story that 'Love conquers all' kind of cliche. I want this to be a story depicting palace life as real as possible. I hope Dowun could become more honest with his feelings and the Queen would be more mature. I want them to end up together, whereas the guard issue would become a lesson for both of them for character development. It might not be a HE, but also it wont be bad ending since I believe they'll rule justly and have mutual respect and cooperation. Also, I dont want Dowun to die in vain. BIG NOOOOO!!! If the worst should come, I'd rather have Dowun be the King and the Queen dies. That's more suitable, because Dowun is really a great leader. But I guess it wont happen since the title is "The Flower That Was Bloomed by The Cloud". Flower is the Queen while Cloud is Dowun. Huuuu, please dont let Dowun dieeeee!!

Sorry for being longgg hehehe

Edit:

Yes, saying he’s selfless is over-reaching haha. If it comes as whitewashing, I could understand that and I apologize, never meant to do that. I learned now I shouldn’t try to figure out his personality than what has shown. But, I do still think it’s ok to try figuring out why he did what he did based on the real life values, norms and culture of said time and society. I believe in possibilities. I could write pages of this, but I’m too lazy now. If anyone is interested to know, I would answer. Just ask.

And now I do hope it will be more “Games of Throne”-ish story than what I had written before. I said I don’t want the “love conquers all’ cliché, yet I didn’t realise what I wrote is exactly that. Haha, silly me.

Gosh, can't believe I wrote such post with lame wording and poor choices of words. Smh. I do remember I was nervous when writing this. It was my first post in the forum if i'm not mistaken. Lol. People do grow apparently.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  12. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dowuns not the MC though. So if anyone dies it's probably gonna be him. He is an interesting charatcer but hes a terrible choice for a ML. And your really really whitewashing his actions. Hes not selfless at all. Everything hes done hes done for himself. If hes willing to throw his blood brother under the bus what's to stop him from doing to lyon later on

He Would be perfect in game of thrones though

And lyon can always take baek as a side hoe
    Since dowun himself said he dosent mind being cucked and all. Since shes the empress she also allowed to take concubines. Make sense for all. Dowun can get the throne he desires so much and Lyon can get the love she wants. Everyones happy

And he supposed to be observant but why dosent he notice that his guard is lusting after him. And is he not the least bit suspicious of his brother who he got banished? He is not as smart as he likes to think he is.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  13. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I really really want to happen. So far, there isn't an ML in the cover so I think where safe in that. There is already a fuckton of romance webtoon/novels out there and shipping fans can pick those rather than this. I rather want this to be a Game of Thrones-style rather your mushy romance novel ala 'The Bodyguard' with a predictable and crappy happy ending. Sure, I am more than open to scheming people rather than those high flaunting ones too. I want gore, blood, treachery and what have you like the usual in sangeuk and historical dramas.
    I want the best ending and as long as it's not conventional romance ending or treatment, I'll be riding this train.

14. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I read so far, Lyon is too childish. No matter how she thinks, she's clearly not ready for the throne. She's just a little girl who needs love and nothing else.

Sure, Dowun treats her coldly and doesn't show much love for her, but he is the one who helped her get power she wishes. I think she should think a bit more about his position, but she only thinks about herself. The queen being close to another man other than her fiancee is a terrible image. Has she thought about him at all? Or she only thinks about how to ease her loneliness? Power goes side by side with responsibility. If she wants love, find it when she gives up her power.

15. Demeriha

Demeriha Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty much despise Dowun. The way he acts towards MC is pissing me off everytime. I can't really see him in a good light even if he helped MC to become the empress. -_-

16. zenslover

zenslover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw in recent update that a princess that supposed to be dead is still alive and plotting together with younger brother of Dowun... What they planning anyway ㅠㅠ

17. Rika77

Rika77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's seems like we are heading towards a proper love triangle in the recent raws.Dowun finds both of them .Lyon is smiling at Baekhan and seeing this he remembers the time when they were kids.Later he hugs her but is pushed away.

1Etoya1 likes this.
  18. EzadKiel_loveblue56

EzadKiel_loveblue56 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter is this?

19. Rika77

Rika77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

EzadKiel_loveblue56 likes this.
  20. EzadKiel_loveblue56