Spoiler Surviving As A Maid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seabreezemojito, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prenkuchan

prenkuchan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @Gumiho for the spoilers. Will someone please tell me who Ciel is?

2. Gumiho

Gumiho Villainess Connoisseur ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically Astrid was kind of like a Maid in name only. She was more like a playmate to Ithaca and so the three of them actually spent time together. It was also why Astrid was absolutely awful at all the maid jobs when she came to the Queen's Palace despite having worked for a noble household for 10+ years.

Though everyone pretty much forgot about her for a year when Ithaca died so...even if Ash asked genuinely about her relationship with Klein, Astrid has every reason to want to cut ties with him lol

Again not really. Mio was a royal guard for the King's side before he was assigned onto the baby prince. While the injustice is well known within the Queen's palace, information about the incidents can easily be manipulated to the outside. As for once he is in the Palace working as a bodyguard, as I said...the Queen in the world where Yoojin doesn't mess things up, she tends to be really cold and distant. Even her own nanny knew how important it was to have a son to keep one's station. Meanwhile Mio's pretty much a workaholic, has immense pride in the fact he is a royal guard. Being so neglectful towards the future King of the kingdom would look pretty bad to someone so loyal, especially when Yurigel is drawing such a sharp contrast. Mio's always awkward enough that the already guarded maids would likely not reach out to him either.

I'm just saying I think a lot of Mio in the novel was circumstantial and has less to do with him being a shitty person. There's no indication in a world where Yoojin drops into that Mio was ever given tasks to mess with the Queen directly. There's a lot of reason why Mio might tell baby Mikhail that Yurigel treats him better than his own mother, thus resulting in some sort of brainwashing.

If the argument is that Mio should have found out more then well--
    Everyone in this world is busy. They actually have work to do;;

NP.
    He's the silver haired mage that gets mentioned with Klein during the parade. He later appears in the naming ceremony to bless baby Mikhail. He's the current Grand magician but deserted during the recent war, turning it into a truce. He suffers from PTSD after this and in the novel timeline is meant to be comforted by Yurigel.

3. Ace_jelly

Ace_jelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Curses!THATS JUST DISGUSTING!Im imagining how the queen and that bastard concubine is have ehem poor queen W.e.i.r.d I mean just imagining how expressionless the queen is and that effin concubine moving like a robot bwahaha sorry guhh its just disgusting(,*^*,)

Elliana likes this.
  4. Ace_jelly

Ace_jelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHHHHHH!!I FEEL LIKE PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!HOW NASTY CAN U BE TO EVEN USE A CHILD!!OH HEAVENS PLEASE SPARE THE CHILD:blobflag:

NoirB and Elliana like this.
  5. linnil

linnil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is truly a horror story. OMG! That too scary!!
    And now I want to summon transmigrator-sama into this novel and counter attack the concubine and the king for the poor queen. Ahhh~~
    P.S. If I am the MC, I will come back to the original world too. That world is shit.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Elliana and lazyasianscientist like this.
  6. Shomi

Shomi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I just realized, this story ends with the cliche of "and it turns out that it was all a dream".

In the end she (MC) returns to Korea as if none of this had actually happened. We as readers know that this horrendous fantasy world was real, but she can go on with her life thinking that all this was a nightmare that got too much into her head.

... Being honest, that makes me somewhat envious. This interested me enough to look for spoilers about the ending and what would happen with the characters, but so much tragedy is bad for my heart.

(The truth is that I do not speak english so... sorry if I outraged your language)
    ----------------------

Edit: I need to make a correction. Someone clarified in a comment that everything I said here is wrong.

It turns out that there are epilogues in this and MC doesn’t return to Korea just like that, there is a character who leaves with her (even later another character follows them) so THIS IS NOT LIKE A DREAM AT ALL. My bad

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    Elliana likes this.
  7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Haha wow. What gonna happen when the dues show up in Korea? Is she not gonna recognise them?

You know I can finally understand the hate for those "passive harem Male MCs" and the women who fall in love with him because "he was the first guy who was nice to me". The MC is literally that but a female version. Im not one to call characters Mary Sues but damn she is unimpressive and flat that you wonder how she got 3 guys to fall in love with her. Shame cause the story is really interesting but the MC pulls it down I guess its more noticeable because the supporting cast is way more interesting.

i_am_here, applefish, Elliana and 2 others like this.
  8. Shomi

Shomi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story would have been much more interesting if someone else told it.

The maid's point of view is not bad but since she really does not belong to that world, I don't like her as a narrator. I love the transmigration stories and appreciate that this is not a cookie cutter like most of those, but a story like this would have been much better if that was omitted entirely.

Instead of changing the plot and ensuring a happy ending for herself, the MC is only focused on surviving because she realizes that this is a hostile world that will have no mercy on her because her character only exists to fill the background. But before MC came to occupy her body, this maid was an orphan who spent her entire life doing exactly that: surviving has a nobody.

In fact, that's what all the other maids do too. There is a scene where her friend (another maid) tells her that she used to take care of her younger brother when he was born, but then she calmly says that he is dead. She even insinuates that it doesn’t matter because she has more siblings and because herself is still alive, and that is what really matters.

If the narrator were the original maid, or more than one of them, we could be more involved in this world. All the drama with the king, the Queen and the male concubine comes to us like a bucket of cold water in the first chapters because MC tells us. Imagine discovering everything slowly together with the characters, even if it was still a tragedy, so many secrets and mysteries would have made this story something great if used wisely.

They also missed the opportunity to use the knight's point of view: We see how he falls in love with the male concubine, but he feels that there is something wrong. At first the knight thinks it is because he is the king's lover, but little by little he realizes that it is something more, and the man who previously seemed like an angel slowly grows more sinister in his eyes until he finally reveals his true colors

This novel needs someone to question things more.

What evidence did the King have to kill the Queen's servants? Why does the Queen have no power to defend herself despite coming from a noble family? How could they be so sure that the old maid used black magic? Why the fuck nobody finds it strange that the prince was born blond when his two parents are brunette?! Not even MC questions that but it is the first thing readers look for!!

Am I crazy not to be pleased with the "a wizard did it" excuse? It is so easy to say "No, the king was not bad. He was under the effects of black magic" "These people are not idiots, it is that the villain is very powerful". Bullshit.

Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, english is not my first language. I tried to express myself as clearly as possible.

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dint worry about grammar you said it fine.

I agreee witht you. The story would have bene better if it wasn't even an isekai. But I suppose the author made it like that so readers could "relate" to the MC. Which, if only judging by these comments, didn't work. IF it was the OG maid it wold have been more genuine too.

I hope all the answered questions are shown in the chapters that haven't been translated yet. But of course the author writing about all the dates the MC went on is more important

MiserableSOUL and Shomi like this.
  10. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    This is completely untrue :/
    There are entire epilogues of what happened after the maid left.

Klein follows her to Korea immediately.

Ciel follows 23 years later, mentally aged even if immortal and arrives 3 months after Klein in Korea time. Things absolutely changed in that world.

Also for your later questions, the Nanny was using black magic. She collaborated with the king and concubine because she wanted the Queen to have a better life by being mother of the male heir. Even if she cannot gain love, she could at least live comfortably with status was the assumption. When the baby was born with a soul, she was executed because they thought she had meddled in their affairs.

The Queen's family's downfall in the original story was not caused by Yurigel and Evans, but rather Cesar who she crippled on horseback when they were young, all because he didn't like her.

The ENTIRE point of surviving as a Maid is Yoojin uncovering the mystery that was Astrid's life which came to an end because she sought out this black magic plot.

There is a whole story but instead you all stopped at page 5 of spoilers and keep complaining. Uhg.

11. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the clarification, its still a horror story for me lol, and the drawing looks good, i thought it will be fluffy one :( probably will read it when im in “a gloom reading mode” its when i will read tons of sad stories, and cry myself dry loll

12. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha it might fail for you as a pure tragedy. It's more bittersweet imo. The world setting is definitely very dark though.
    Then again it might actually be more uplifting...ish...on your gloomier days :"D

13. lazyasianscientist

lazyasianscientist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GAHHHH reading the spoilers made me wanna drop it but when i saw the webtoon and the art is so good! my heart hurts but i keep on coming back for more :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

i wanna read the novel now aswell but it seems no one picked it up for translation yet?:blobcry:

Q Min likes this.
  14. Shomi

Shomi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I didn't know about the epilogues, I apologize for that. I shouldn't have assumed so many things when I haven't even finished reading everything.

It's actually good that I'm wrong because at least that way everything that happened to her meant something. I got to a part where the characters act like this is a tender romance and that all the drama from previous chapters didn't exist so I thought they would put all the mysteries aside. It was a stupid move on my part but I really believed (wrongly) that the story was turning into something they had already made clear it wasn't. This was not a “feel-good romance” so it all felt very false to me.

I didn’t plan to continue reading (also, there are no more ch and I'm not going to mtl this) and so I came to see if at least the bad guys received what they deserved, but I let myself be carried away. I shouldn't have commented on something I didn't quite know, but I still think the story deviates a lot from the original plot at certain point.

cjburaira, kaedeyuuki and Gumiho like this.
  15. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    I must apologize as well. It's just you really aren't the only one criticizing the story for things it does delve into and trying to explain this to everyone over and over after pages of speculative bashing is wearing me out.

It doesn't help that there are others egging the misunderstandings along as well. With the scanlators not progressing and readers being turned away here at the very same post you quoted, this story keeps being judged for something it is not and it really frustrates me.

16. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    New manhwa chapter. Klein visits and finally says what he was going to say at the lake.

"You are my precious keepsake"

Lmao

Also confirmed reasons as to why Ash/Yoojin tried to keep a low profile.

If it gets found out that she is a totally different person inside:
    • She might be seen as a black magic user and executed
    • She might be locked away for mental issues

17. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that the one in chapter 25 where Klein in kneeling in front of Ash but the concubine interrupts them? Can I ask what the Duke said to Ash and what the concubine told Ash when he left?

I like the story very much because of your spoilers. The characters were likable and Ash was a good main character. She was level headed and kept her head down in such an unstable environment. I love how she actually did her best just to survive. The story is pretty dark and not everyone is innocent. At least one way or another everyone has its comeuppance.

Thank you for reading the actual story and giving us the spoilers.

cjburaira and Jukki like this.
  18. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    I was talking about the manhwa chapter before it. As for your questions:

Ash hoped for some sort of true love scenario in the story, and while she wasn't really hoping for it to have been Klein, it stings a bit that she's not even seen as a person, but a mere object. Duke reiterates and tells Ash that they are both keepsakes of 'that lady' to each other, whom they cherish. Because Ash doesn't know anything about Astrid's life, and nothing is written about her relationship with Klein, she tries to avoid the issue altogether and tells Klein she no longer wants to delve in the past even if she cares very much for their departed lady. She is he Prince's nanny now, and he is dependent on her. Klein refuses but Ash is adamant about this. Klein asks her if she loves the baby prince (not romantic, like motherly, etc) and Ash thinks to herself that it is impossible. Looking after someone else's child just for survival, every time things don't go well she just wants to chuck the baby. However, if things go on like this and she survives in this world all the way to the end of the story, she may development an attachment after all. She speaks diplomatically and tells him she cares for the prince.

Klein looks troubled and chooses to swear a Knight's Oath. Though he cannot do a complete one as he's sworn it to his lady, who now resides in the land of the Twilight (Dead. She's just dead. This idiot doesn't once use her name too LOL) he will still promise to protect the prince, and would dedicate his life to protect her. Ash wonder if it's okay to rely upon an ally she doesn't even know, and doesn't really answer when Yurigel shows up.

Yurigel had come to see the baby prince again but Ash was missing. He had gone into the gardens to look for her.

Acting concerned, he takes Klein's hands, urging him to get up as his white coat will be stained with grass. Klein avoids him unhappily and Yurigel tells him that Evans has missed him dearly during the war. He asks him if he wants to go visit King Evans and tells him where he is. Klein, unable to reject says he will and greets Ash goodbye but says nothing to Yurigel as he walks off.

Ash was feeling super awkward stuck between two of them as they spoke over her, but Klein being so dismissive of the concubine left her in an even more awkward position. Yurigel says to Ash that she is quite incredible. Ash agrees (jokingly, while nervous and scared) but asks exactly what he is referring to that is so incredible. Yurigel says Klein Capella- just what did she do to gain his interest when she has zero looks, zero charm, just no worthwhile qualities.

Ash basically thinks WTF.

19. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! That concubine is so petty. How vain and shameless can he be! Honestly if I was the MC I would say, "You're not that pretty yourself. Just because you seduced the king, doesn't mean everyone's as blind as he is." But I would probably die saying that. lol

Thank you for the translation. Chapters 26-28 are up. The updates are fast. So its really appreciated.

The MC finally met Ciel. Yay. Anyway thanks again.

cjburaira, Calypso Noir and Jukki like this.
  20. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like some scanlation groups have picked this up again with LonelyAF upping 3-10 and some other group dropping 3 more after that.

TBH I honestly quite like how the story is going so far...I know originally I was just advocating to giving the story a chance and growing frustrated by those who keeps going on about other stuff, but Ash is actually a really fun character. The more this story goes on the more interesting her limitations are. She holds herself up with just enough respect too.

Yurigel continues: She's fun to watch but she has no hideous flaws nor is she beautiful, No individuality nor charm.

Ash tells him straight up that she knows she's not born so hideously. Yurigel smiles and tells her he knows, because if she was hideous at least she would be have her own uses, however...

Ash, looking disgruntled changes topics and tells him there is nothing going on with her and Klein. He asks if she was approached by him, and she nods. Smiling, Yurigel starts petting her like a dog. Ash thinks to herself, it seems he didn't hear her conversation with Klein, however this situation pisses her off too.

Later Ash is running like mad. She has an hour and a half break to visit the library, but what Mio called a 30 minute walk is nothing of the sort. As the prince is growing up, Ash needs to know more on what to do as a nanny as there is little likelihood that the king would assign a more experienced nanny at this point. She wanted to get some books on a baby's development but mio refused to grab some for her, so she had to run herself.

As she cuts some corners getting there, Ash leaps over a fence and almost plummets to the ground only for Klein to catch her in a princess carry. This princess carry is all dokidoki but she asks to be let down. It seems Klein was on his way to the Queen's palace, and Ash tells him that the baby prince Mikhail will be taking his nap soon. if Klein wants to see him he should go hurry. Klein seems quite content and says he'll try tomorrow instead and kisses her hand. More dokidoki but Ash has shit to do and takes her leave, dashing onward to the library.

Ragged, she arrives and asks for books related to the development of babies.

Librarian points her to the direction of her books, but scarily asks she be quiet when she goes around. Ash apologizes.

At section S-3, the books are all new. She even finds a guy sleeping on a desk.

As she looks around she finds a set of books on babies who've reached 100 days old, but it's on a shelf above the sleeping person and he's in the way. She tries to wake him but he won't budge. Ashe reaches for book and accidentally drops it on him.

The sleeping guy reacts aggressively as he wakes, grabbing her by the throat. Ash is terrified and thinks she's about to die. The Robed man comes to grip with himself and lets go, distraught, apologizes and runs away.

Ash thinks he's crazy. Who goes around choking someone then apologize?

Ash makes her marathon run back to the Queen's palace with her book. it took her exactly 1hr 30 mins. Ash had run so much, and as she sits to catch her breath, the maids notice the massive bruise on her neck. She tells them nonchalantly that she met a pervert in the library. They freak out and the maids, Mio and the newly assigned soldiers all fuss around trying to dress her injury, looking for ointment for the bruise and medicine to calm her. Ash grins stupidly. The maids tell her it's not the time for that and has her hold the baby as they get her things.

Hugging the baby, he smells of milk. Ash is actually quite terrified inside. She wishes she could see her mother and tell her how frightened she was and how much it hurt.

At night, Mio undresses the bandages from Ash's neck. It's left a pretty dark looking bruise. Ash asks if he has medicine for bruises, as soldiers who spar would often get bruises themselves. Mio says he doesn't as he has never needed it with his skill level.

Ash doesn't even bother questioning that seemingly boastful talk. Unlike the new guards assigned to them, Mio is different. He had always trained to guard Royalty, and was part of the Royal Guard where only the most talented swordsmen would gather.

Ash tells him she hopes he would marry someone from the Queen's Palace. He asks her why, and she says he seems like a top tier husband choice. She thinks to herself if he would marry someone she gets along with, how great would that be-- ah.

For a moment she forgot he was gay for Yurigel.

She thinks she should really get on with the brainwashing and peel some of those peanut shells off. (I'm not sure who she is referring to here actually LOL Maybe Mio?)

She then asks Mio if he knows anything about Klein Capella and his 'Lady'. Mio doesn't have a clue. To be fair given Klein's status, if he had a Lady, it would have been known across the nation. This has merit she thinks, and wonders about Astrid's relationship with the Lady and Klein. Klein would only protect her as Astrid, but what if their relationship is close enough that he knows everything about Astrid?

Mio tells her to go to bed.

Next day Klein shows up with flowers again and Ash wonders if the Lady told him that's how he should greet the women he visits. Klein notices the bandage on her neck and asks if anyone is causing her suffering. He then goes and glares suspiciously at Mio. She wonders if they've fought int he past and doesn't get along.

She asks him if he would go beat up the person if someone did cause her suffering.

Klein says if it's for her, and asks who the person causing her suffering might be while stroking ehr face. The maids are all in gossipy mode (omo omo)

Ash tells him to go take a walk with him.

As they walk, Ash knows she cannot trust anyone in this world completely and should always keep her guard. However in this world, there is a lot about it and her character she doesn't know about, and this seems to be the best way for her to find out about herself.

She admits to Klein a half truth, that she suddenly suffered from selective amnesia. Klein is shocked and asks how this came to be. She tells him she just turned out that way one day. He asks her about her work as the Royal Nanny/maid. She assures him that while she cannot remember anything about the past, practical activity for working as a maid still remained. however anything to do with him or their Lady, she remembers nothing about.

Klein leans in and carefully strokes her face. He tells her it's okay even if she doesn't remember. She asks if that's fine even if she cannot share memories with him about those days anymore. He tells her his lady is in the land of the Twilight (dead) but with Ash just standing here, he can revisit the memories of his Lady. Even if she doesn't remember, it doesn't mean their time together, the three of them, had disappeared.

Ash wonders if Astrid would have been hurt by his words.

Holding his hand with a smile, she asks him to tell her about those memories the next time they meet. He'd said before that she adored their Lady, so she would like to come to love her again through his memories.

Klein smiles happily at this.

Ash hopes to herself, that the real Astrid did not herself love this man, who can whisper sweetly such cruelly hurtful things.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    cjburaira, Elliana, Shikha and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.