Spoiler Beatrice

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Xiochtl

Xiochtl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My internet wifi connection stopped working while I'm in the middle of the next spoiler. I'm using data btw. I'll be posting it later because I find it hard typing with my phone instead of PC.

2. Hannah_GG

Hannah_GG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take your time. We'll wait.

Xiochtl likes this.
  3. Hannah_GG

Reading List:
    Link
    Alexander, if you only knew that Chloe had miserable life as a princess.

Shey_04, aoko and Marta Tan like this.
  4. Marta Tan

Marta Tan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Alexander not suspicious about what Chloe said? Because he knew that she is a princess, but Chloe told him that she grew up as a slave?

Spade_Ladyz and Hannah_GG like this.
  5. Marta Tan

Reading List:
    Link

Just take your time! I really appreciate what you do. And your english is very good!

Xiochtl likes this.
  6. Hannah_GG

Reading List:
    Link
    That part was true though, she lived as a slave in her entire life (23 years to be exact, since birth and her mother is a slave) before she became a princess (only 2 years).

7. Cerealisa

Cerealisa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take your time dear, i'll patiently wait

Xiochtl likes this.
  8. Marta Tan

Reading List:
    Link
    two years as a princess can not be compared with 23 yrs as slaves

9. Hannah_GG

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if Xander already know her identity, Chloe is still scared to tell him the truth about her being a princess.

Marta Tan and Mikaa like this.
  10. simmi888

simmi888 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at what point does the ML realise his feelings for Beatrice? How long does it take from the current point of the story?

Mikaa likes this.
  11. aoko

aoko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alex still can’t believe that Chloe is 25. yeah man and you were butt naked in front of her. someone need to take responsibility :LOL::blobjoy:

Pandabear03, mixordia and Mikaa like this.
  12. Xiochtl

Reading List:
    Link
    Alejandro doubted his ears. He had a strange look like he did not heard what she said. He couldn't see Chloe since she is walking behind him. He asked her: "You are happy?"

And Chloe answered without hesitation like it was the most natural thing. "Yeah."

Alejandro stopped walking on the spot and Chloe did not expected that and collided with his back. Chloe stepped back afterwards because Alejandro is too close and she didn't know what he was doing and felt afraid.

She thought that the Archduke have seen a tiger and if the Archduke could deal with it and if he even brought a knife/sword. The Archduke was so silent and she couldn't say anything about the fear that came to her. But she heard the Archduke voice with a tone like she never heard before. "How can you be happy?"

Alejandro asked as if he couldn't believe what she was saying.

(This is the MTL excerpt that I was talking about)
    =======================================================
    "How are you...?"

He could not hide his incredulity at this time. No, he did not even hide what he was feeling in his heart. He was really puzzled.

Alejandro knew he was a very unfortunate person. His family and most people around him are also unhappy.

The happy people he knew existed in only books he read often. That's why he often read books. He wanted to be as happy as the characters in the book. He knew that the characters in fictional books are happy even if they don't have anything, they are happy even if they have to be unhappy.

'It's ridiculous.'

No one could do that in real life. First, the Graham family. who had the greatest wealth and power in the Empire, were not happy at all.

And Beatrice, he thinks, had to be much more unhappy than himself.

"Ha!"

How on earth can she be happy?

Beatrice was an illegitimate child born to a foreign slave. She did not have platinum hair and blue eyes, which means the legitimacy of the El Pasa royal family, so she was probably abandoned.

Since her mother was a slave, she was born as a slave as she said. And it was evident that the King brought her late because of her marriage to Gilbert. After living a lifetime as a slave, when she was recognized as a royal family member, the country was ruined by the betrayal of his husband and the king died.

It was a cruel and miserable life were she survived alone and was dragged into slavery and have to listen to others.

So how the heck..

'You can say confidently that you are happy?'

The aristocrats he knew were celebrities who tumbled across the empire, but few of them seemed happy, including his parents.

He was really curious. How can she say that she is happy.

To him, 'happiness' was, above all, he desperately do not dare falsified.

It was only after he realized that, as a very young man, the existence of a mother he couldn't care about was actually the one who should be closest to him.

He was a man who wanted to sleep everyday and wanted to dream without a nightmare and live a life with gratitude for his family's existence.

13. Xiochtl

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll do that everyday. :blobsmirk: :blobowoevil_horns:Hahaha. Chloe will never gonna be able to get used to it. She'll always be like this :blobnosebleed: :blobdrool:. She always thinks that how can he be so confident with his body and the woman he'll fell in love with will be so lucky to have him because she think he will be a romantic when in love.

14. aoko

aoko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    awww. i really can’t wait to read these parts:cry::blobcatblush:. cause i’ve red spoilers where he teases her, makes her undress him :blobcat_hyper::blobnosebleed:

minisma781, Mikaa and Marta Tan like this.
  15. Xiochtl

Reading List:
    Link
    Chloe was tense at the voice of Archduke, who asked too seriously. It seemed like their breaths were the only thing the could hear at the tranquil forest. With only the moonlight and darkness, with the Archduke and herself.

He did not rush Chloe to reply as usual, which made Chloe more afraid of his silence. Besides, he was too serious. So, if she didn't answer honestly, it would be seen as only an excuse.

"I can't... I have nothing. Nothing to lose. So I'm happy if I have only my life. I can even do what I like, so there is no reason not to be happy."

But he couldn't even understand her answer. She was a royal family.

"But now you're a slave, are you not envious of the nobles?"

He asked again after Chloe's words were over. In fact, he wanted to ask if she was happy when she was a slave and then became a slave again, but he quickly change the question to suit her situation.

However, she could not answer easily.

'What are you asking?'

He was a noble right now.

"Tell me. It's okay." Alejandro added quickly when Chloe showed a queer look.

"Hurry."

"Not really. I'm not envious."

"Why?"

The biggest reason Chloe was unhappy as a royal family member was her marriage to Gilbert. When she was a slave, she could at least get married, but not sold overnight. It wasn't very good, but she was grateful for it.

However, noble women must marry, and mostly not by their choice.

For a moment, she answered honestly. "Women, according to the family, you must have to get married. There are so many limitations."

He understood Chloe's words. The job of noble women was just young-ae (it's like to bring glory, honor, prosperity to the family). Women lived selling to and from the family's property and their opinions were not respected.

They even have to keep up with social fashion. Nevertheless, they were established with such a life, and always tried to be sold to a higher class of nobles. It was natural in this society.

He laughed at Chloe's words.

'However I think about it, it's better than slavery.'

No aristocratic noble would blame herself and hope not to become a slave.

"So does that mean that it is better to live as a slave?"

Chloe thought for a moment, but decided to answer honestly.

"Rather than better, I don't really want it. There's a lot of grievances in that position too."

Chloe thought she shouldn't have responded to him in who was in the most noble position, but she felt like he really wanted her honest answer.

"And I was lucky. I'm a slave but I was able to do what I wanted."

If she became a sex slave or a poor slave who had to live in a coal mine for the rest of her life, she'll probably want to be a noble.

But even though she was born a slave, she could live like a human. As soon as she was born, she was alone, but was taken by other slaves.

She remembered her previous life that's why she learned the letters faster than others and grew up in a drugstore like fate. She knew that she herself was lucky.

In particular, when she recalled what happened with Rio, a knight she met in the empire, she realized again how lucky she was right now.

Chloe's life of slavery was freer than that of Beatrice.

"I was really lucky. Good, I even met the owners."

When Chloe finished speaking, she looked again at the Archduke. It sounded like an excuse, but the Archduke did not seem to care at all.

But she was serious.

From having a good treatment as a slave knowing her knowledge, to meeting a generous master like Alejandro.

However, life in the royal palace was terrible. She couldn't even imagine going in and out of the palace to touch herbs with soil. She was trapped steadily and only had to look inside the palace. The half princess was a complete stranger in the royal palace.

In addition, instead of marrying a human like Gilbert, she thought it would be better to just wish for welfare. That's why even when the knights of the Empire entered the royal palace, they gave their lives to them.

"But if you're a noble, you can enjoy wealth and power."

"I am not interested in wealth and power."

'I had lived like that in my previous life, so I had nothing left to do when I died.'

In her past life, wealth and power meant a rise in social status. She studied all her life, hoping for it.

'But it was not my regret I had before I died.'

It wasn't money or a better job that passed by just before she died.

'I couldn't do what I wanted to do.'

It was only that. She regret of not being satisfied with what she had and living happily because of others.

So Chloe chose not to be greedy and happy if she had just lived her life. Nothing could be done anyways as long as she was born as a slave. It was a way to be satisfied and accepting herself.

She realized that happiness did not come suddenly one day, but it was always by her side.

'You answered so honestly.'

Even after speaking, Chloe added because she may be bothered by the questions of Archduke.

"Of course, it is good to have wealth and power. But I like life that I can do what I want."

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  16. Hannah_GG

Reading List:
    Link
    Chloe is the lucky one.

mysticalavalon, djan29 and Marta Tan like this.
  17. Marta Tan

Reading List:
    Link

So basically Alexander learn that happiness is not always about wealth and power in this chapter, I guess.
    No wonder he is more curious about Chloe than any other people. ☺️☺️

Mikaa and minisma781 like this.
  18. simmi888

simmi888 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happens after this? could you please tell us? thanks a bunch! :)

Lina1111 likes this.
  19. djan29

djan29 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks much

In manhwa The duke said that he killed his baby girl is it chloe? Are alex and chloe related?

20. Hannah_GG

Reading List:
    Link
    The baby isn't Chloe, the baby that Duncan mentioned is him and his wife's first born. It was already mentioned here in the spoilers. It was Lena, Alex's long lost older sister. Alex and Chloe are not even related to each other that's what I know of.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    djan29 likes this.