Spoiler Surviving As A Maid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seabreezemojito, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers.

If you're talking about the queen thing. You really shouldn't bother. I read the rants and like them I also felt sad for the queen but that's just about it. The thing with people was that they easily criticized the story without reading the whole thing. So it gets so annoying that its better to ignore worthless rants.

Tbh at first I liked the queen too. She was a good character with a tragic backstory that sets the mood but she's not really that important. As you keep reading, you realize she wasn't that innocent too. Crippling a man for life just because he didn't like her was just disturbing. (That's not normal, girl.) Its true what they say about karma. It hits you back twice as hard. And the fact that she just stood there as if waiting to die in the queen's palace showed she gave up. The MC had to save her. To me, she became a defeatist who just accepted her fate. I didn't like that.

I love MCs who fight to survive despite the odds. That's why I like this story because you see how in her own way, the MC was a fighter. Despite her just being a maid.

When I was reading the spoiler ending about the concubine. I was happy thinking in the end, the best girl won! She may be a maid but she survived while the concubine was dying with an ugly face.

So anyway, I just want to thank you. For all the spoilers you gave. Its really appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  2. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers. Honestly, I found the story a little slow moving because I was having a lot of questions and there didn't seem to be answers coming soon, but it looks like it'll be something worth sticking around for to see how it all comes together. As you said earlier, this is more a mystery thriller isekai than a revenge one, so that's a change of pace for the shoujo isekai genre.

Reading the first few pages of this thread was kind of funny, where a bunch of people just wouldn't let go that the Queen isn't the main character and the maid just doesn't immediately plot out a complicated revenge plan against the king and concubine to save her. If anything, the heroine is honestly the most realistic compared to the average isekai heroine - she has no OP cheat skills aside from having read the book and she's not a amazing beauty. She is, as the title says, just trying to survive. She's not going to roundhouse kick the king in the face when he killed the previous nanny right in front of her.

Besides, going from what has been said, it looks like the king and the concubine get their comeuppance at the end of the story thanks to Ash's presence.

The concubine-magician is fucked because he is dying and there is no way for him to body-surf into the body of his clone son, so the king has to watch his soul mate literally rot from the inside out. And there's nothing he can do about it, even after all the crimes he committed for the concubine; in the end, he loses everything - his kingdom, his family, and his lover.

The Queen on the other hand, sounds like she has a much happier ending than her original counterpart. She gets to live quietly in undisturbed peace until she passes away, and people will remember her for her gardens.

MariL, cjburaira, lol.idfc and 11 others like this.
  3. Gumiho

Gumiho Villainess Connoisseur ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the final reviews, nobody really hates the Queen either honestly. In the end it was something she did as a child, but everything's just messy between her and Cesar on all fronts. It really is just what it is. I don't think all characters need to be strong either I mean...I think anyone can relate to regret, failure and depression. Sometimes there are characters who just can't do much about their situation and the most they can hope for is a quiet comfortable life X'D

I wouldn't say the MC really fights either- but she definitely makes the best of her meager situation and keeps up a smile and a good attitude. She really thinks through her circumstances and I like how logical a lot of the limitations are.

Like every time I speculate over why she can't do X, unlike most manhwas or novels the story actually confirms that as being part of the calculation.

It's also kind of funny that earlier complaints was that she was somehow too busy wrapping herself up in love interests rather than actively forming a rebellion for an absolute side character (who has not even appeared for multiple chapters now...) when every single encounter so far was either platonic or came with such mega hurdles. Seiya is platonic, Mio is gay for Yurigel (supposedly), Klein sees her as a keepsake of his dead fiance and Ciel straight up chokes her out of a ptsd attack;;;

The context and journey through a novel matters so much more than the destination -sigh-

YW!
    It definitely is a bit slow in the beginning. Now that she is actually meeting some of the characters though things are a bit better imo. I do still enjoyed the slow earlier parts though all because it does such a good job showing how full her days are dealing with this baby. I've yet to see a story that cares this much about their setting.

To me her mental state through all this is really interesting. She has every reason to be woefully homesick, and every reason not to show it. The rules for what she must do to beat this isekai isn't altogether clear, and she has so little time or avenues to seek it all out.

Anyway another chapter is out and I really like this interaction too.
    Ash hasn't been sleeping well, and she groggily wakes from her seat and sees Mio arguing with another guard over their medicine. Ash tiredly thinks Mio really got close with the other guys lately and tells herself she has friends with the maids too. She wakes again to find Mio had managed to get the medicine from him after all, and starts giving her instructions on how to use it.

She groggily...couldn't understand a word he said so he decides to deal with it for her.

Next time she wakes she is studying with Seiya. He asks her what happened to her neck and she explains she was strangled by a stranger. Seiya takes her hand with concern and believes she must have been very frightened to the point she couldn't sleep properly. He also tells her he hopes the culprit would be caught soon.

Ash smiles, but internally she highly doubts it. She knew the face of her attacker and it was the Grand Mage Ciel. She also didn't submit in a report believing it was futile to do so against someone so powerful.

Ciel in the story, was born and raised in the Magic Tower. The first time he was let out of that building was when he was sent to war. Though the book doesn't go into detail as to what happened during the war, Ciel abandons the battlefield causing a loss/truce, and returns with severe PTSD. With his charm, Yurigel would cure him of that ptsd and that relationship had gained great appeal with the readers.

That being said...she needed more information on him as the Novel only ever orbits around the love love relationship between Yurigel and Evans. Klein didn't seem to know much else about Ciel either.

On another day Ash returns to the library and finds Ciel sleeping there again in the same section. Using the book she had borrowed before, she throws it at him, and Ciel wakes in time before it hits him to disintegrate the book.

He asks her why she was doing this, and Ash tells him he shouldn't sleep in a library. He retorts that she shouldn't be throwing books at people either.

He got her there, but she stops him and reminds him how he was sleeping here a few days ago and shows him her injury. Seeing as he strangled her this bruise was likely to last a month and a half.

Ciel starts to deny but realises he had done such a thing. She tells him that is not the words someone who strangled should be saying and he heals her injury. He apologizes and he didn't intend to attack her specifically.

Her neck doesn't hurt anymore but she doesn't let the issue slide just because he apologizes once and healed her wounds. He asks her if she expects him to bend over and apologize.

She tells him she was very afraid and thought she was going to die. Was he trying to actually kill her?

This triggers a reactions from Ciel.

Ash continues that she is thankful for the healing, but just because her injury is gone doesn't mean the danger she feels no longer exists.

Ciel starts to stutter. He didn't- he absolutely- A person- he would never attack-- he was never meant to attack a person...

Ash deduces he must have hurt someone in the battlefield.

cjburaira, lol.idfc, alliebee and 7 others like this.
  4. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally an update

After the strong reaction, Ciel apologizes again and promises to make it up to her.

Since then she couldn't find him in the library no matter how often she returns or searches for him. It seems he'd run off on his debt. This is a problem as in the novel, Ciel becomes a great help to Yurigel after he cures him of his PTSD, so she really needs to find him out fast. She regrets having skimmed over Ciel's encounters and not reading more thoroughly.

Back in the Queen's palace, Ash gives the baby leg massages so that he might grow up to have long legs. The other Maid (forgot her name) asks what she is doing and why she even cares how the Prince would grow up. Ash says while it may not matter to the either of them, their future daughter might aspire for a good looking prince. It would be sad if he grew up to have stubby legs.

Other maid says Ash is likely to marry into nobility, so she could think like this. Ash mentions again that the Queen intended to name the baby Eugene, and every Eugene she knows is tall and dashing. Surely this was the reason the Queen wanted to name him Eugene.

Internally Ash knows that is likely not the case, however it seems the Queen still thought enough of the baby to consider a name she would have liked to give.

A Lady Kasick arrives to greet the baby. She's qll proper looking and Ash thinks she resembles and announcer.

Lady Kasik boldly says that the baby looks like neither one of his parents, a thing nobody had the gall to mention, and smiles while playing with the baby. Yurigel arrives and Kasick politely excuses herself. Yurigel asks her to come visit the baby more often seeing as she is his aunt (sister of mother)

Lady Kasik looks at him stiffly then leaves. Ash is surprised that Lady Kasik is related to the Queen, and wonders how shitty the family relations must be for the Aunt to finally show up 3 months later.

Yurigel asks Ash if he could feed the baby milk, and the two other maids behind him are signalling a big fat no to Ash. Ash tells him the baby had already been fed so he would be too full for milk at the moment. Yurigel says he's commit to it next time he comes over.

Ash wonders if Yurigel expects her to starve the baby just so that he could feed him.

Later Ash finally finds Ciel napping out somewhere. She takes a rock and throws it at him. It's a great throw- and its him right in the leg.

Ciel wakes in pain with Ash pulling weeds, trying to act like she wasn't the culprit. He recognizes her instantly.

cjburaira, alliebee, onnagiri and 6 others like this.
  5. Hellebore

Hellebore Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read Chapter 28 and honestly If Klein said that in front of my face, boi I would've felt offended too.

But does Klein still not fully in love with Ash at this time? Because it seems as if he treasures Ash only because of the past memories; the three of them being together.

Anyway, thank you for the spoilers again! I became invested in this story all because of you and I'm really glad I didn't drop this story hahaha

cjburaira and Numerouno like this.
  6. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha it's definitely a bit offensive, but Ash took it rather gracefully.

And yes, he doesn't have romantic feelings towards her at this time. I think he is treating her a bit more gently though after learning of her 'memory loss'.

The original Astrid didn't care for him romantically and was really attached to the Lady so it probably seemed like the right thing to say for Klein. Original Astrid had feelings for Cesar, and actually had a bad first impression of Klein LOL;

Original Astrid was a bit more reserved I think, due to her orphan childhood, but Ash is brighter and better at dealing with people. He'll likely get drawn in by that :'D

As always I'm glad some of you are sticking with me QvQ

7. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    overall this is a pretty dark story huh...:):)

8. tatanka96

tatanka96 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is Caesar? I don't remember him...

9. ValriaIness

ValriaIness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol it took quite a bit of time to read through most of the comments and etc. I would like to reference some but seriously, I don't remember which page it's from lol.
    First of all, THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS!
    I like spoilers for novels like this because... Normally, unless there is a big team, the novel would not be translated completely and the webtoon would most likely take FOREVER to finish (based on my experience).

NOTE: I wouldn't be using a spoiler tag, because I'm using my phone to write and adding spoiler tag is slightly more difficult than in computer. If you don't want any spoilers, turn away immediately (and I doubt that lol, we all here for the spoilers:blobpeek:)

To summarise the overall story (based on spoilers provided) :

Yoojin(MC) was transmigrated into the body of Astrid aka Ash. As the black magician concubine (who is dying) wish to use the Queen's son(also his son because he slept with the queen), as his clone where he can insert his soul into, a magic circle is used to remove the soul of the unborned child. Due to Astrid's clumsiness, she was the one who got her soul removed and MC comes into this world.
    Clueless, MC fumbles around the Palace trying to figure out her role as "Ash" as well as trying to maintain a comfortable distance with the original story's (because she is in a book) main characters. (As far as the webtoon available in English goes, she offen shows sympathy to the Queen and would empathise with her if her position allows. But this MC knows her standing, she can't. If she does, obviously the concubine would try to kill her.)
    MC dislikes the concubine but after being selected as the new nanny, she is determined to nurture the child (Prince) properly.There she learns from the first potential love interest, Baron (I forgot his name) about writing, reading and etc.
    Basically, MC some how made a harem (Main ML is Klein who is a Duke who is previously engaged with Astrid's previous master{not really sure but she is dead}, 2nd ML is Ciel, who is a great magician. 3rd ML is Mio, aka the bodyguard of the Prince who at first was mesmerised by the concubine and a tsundere and idk who is the 4th coz there is no mention)
    Later they found out that concubine is a black magician and Queen died, Mio heavily injured and MC decides to go back to her world ( along(?) with Klein, later Ciel also joins the party, idk how it goes, but both of them went). The King apparently knows everything the concubine has done but shows his support, finally they got banished. (FYI concubine is dying so, I'm not gonna complain too much). The epilogue is about the after match for the kingdom, Mio and the prince. I think there is a few chp on MC RL but idk. Ciel stayed behind for 20+ years then went RL to find MC and MC married both Klein and Ciel(????really idk, all from spoilers:facepalm:)
    ---spoiler summary end---

Whatever happened in between, there is no clear spoiler lol, only bits and pieces. And I have no idea:sushi_chubby:
    I also read that there is a lot of complaints and criticism on MC as well as the Queen and concubine endings but the Queen obviously doesn't want to live lol so I can only see her dying unless someone reborn and save her before she got married to the king. MC tried to save her but she herself lost the will to live, and died in a explosion(or something?). Concubine's body is decaying soooo they won't have a happy ending The punishment doesn't seem just but I'm still happy to see them saving a bad end:blobowoevil:
    Is it just me or this reminds me of Charlotte's letter. The romance is late (in my POV) and subtle and the relationship is all a mess. Not a book with a happy tune no matter how and what perspectives.
    If you are looking for some fun, light hearted stuff, this book isn't although the webtoon makes it entertaining (in some way). Actually I do like MC's personality but I won't be reading anymore because I dislike unnecessary harems (in my POV, idk why she would have a harem in the first place, it's quite out of place, not to mention she "married" 2 guys, that sorta puts me off because I hate that I love both but ML is the true love thingy, its real unnecessary as obviously she likes Klein more than anyone else). There are lot more people mentioned in the story who plays a big role... But I don't think my summary needs to add them lol.
    If I get anything wrong, please tell me, I do want to correct them, I'm not the best at summaries. :blobsweat_2:

Useless fun fact: I think some people are confused why Eugene = MC's name.... Yup, you guessed it! Yoojin sounds like Eugene in Korean. In some way, the prince almost share the same name as MC. Almost because the prince's name is Mikhail (pretty basic amirite?) :blobsmirk:
    This is too long... I'm sorry:blobcry: and thanks for reading :blobparty:

10. Pansy25

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. Could you please tell me happened to Cesar. Apart from being crippled whatever happened to him. Did the concubine kill. him?

cjburaira likes this.
  11. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I didn't read the parts in the middle I'm actually not sure how big of a role he plays...but Yoojin/MC/Ash never finds out what Astrid's relationship to Cesar is from what I gather.

He doesn't get much of a definitive ending. We only find out more about his backstory and motivations in the extras, but it seems he was there at the finale, hoping to see the Queen die in the explosion or accuse her of black magic.

In the original in-story novel "The Escape", he brings the Queen's family to ruin at the end of the tale. He probably tries to in this new adjusted timeline but they don't go into detail about the outcome since Ash just runs off with Ciel to check on Mio + return to her world before anything gets cleared up between Ash/Caesar.

12. samira01

samira01 ♥**MangaLover** ♥

Reading List:
    Link

Uh nice! Interesting, interesting indeed. I haven’t read the story this far, well honestly I only read the first few chapters and for some reason I just didn’t go back to it but thanks to the spoilers I’m ready to go back and start reading it again.
    Thank you for the info...

Be In Touch

samira01

13. glassjewel

glassjewel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! It gave me the motivation to finish all the volumes that I bought lol

I read obsessively up until volume 5, and I have to say that while there were times that I was frustrated with Yoojin just not doing more to help, I do realize that she really is just a maid with no OP powers and I would have probably done the same as her. I usually like more romance-centered novels, but for this series, I don't mind too much about not focusing too much on romance. I find the mystery intriguing and her developing friendships with people around her. I'm more motivated to finish since I can see that god-awful king and his bitch get banished and the said bitch rotting away lol

I don't know if someone mentioned before, but while Yoojin does not like children, she still tries her best to raise the prince with love and care. It's nice to see an MC who doesn't automatically have maternal instincts but still able to recognize that children need love and care, and that she's just not the right person to be a parent. (I do wish more IRL people realized this lol).

14. Pansy25

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. I always wondered what happened to Cesar. I really thought he died. I think I read in the spoiler that Astrid liked Cesar and she was his spy but that's just about it. Anyway thanks again.

cjburaira likes this.
  15. the_TRASH

the_TRASH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think and hope it's Klein Capella, not really sure if he was a Count or a Duke.

16. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PREACH GIRL PREACH!!! Mio is awful and I thought I was the only one who wasn’t blind to this fact, I’m glad someone else can see it too. (Seriously I cant stand Mio. Every time he gives heart eyes to the concubine I want to barf. I don’t know how anyone could ship him with the MC....)

Mangafreakspark and DOHere like this.
  17. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I re-saw this, I'm getting annoyed with Mio again lol. I'm also excited I finally found someone who agrees and this drove me into another rant:blobjoy:

To begin with, I don't get how everyone thinks Yurigel is so kind. Just by reading the manhwa, his everyday actions show he's shitty. And then he says some mean things. Like he called mc ugly and everyone was like "how kind is he"?! Wtf. They didn't understand it just because he said it indirectly? Is everyone so stupid or are they kids and don't have that part of the brain that makes us understand this stuff? Or are they Sheldon Cooper that doesn't understand sarcasm?

Ok, maybe Mio IS BLIND and can't see past Yurigel's "disguise". But that doesn't excuse what he did. Whispering things to a child is straight up something an evil person does. Like why would he do that? I can't think of any normal and sane reason. Is he venting his frustrations and random hate for the queen to a child? Or is he trying to influence him from young? The fact that makes it worse is that the person he's saying these things about is the child's own mother. Is he trying to make him feel unloved and resentful? Way to raise a kid.
    Like, okay, she's neglected the kid a bit. But so has his father?! Why didn't he say the same about the king then?? At least she used to see him and breastfed him and didn't ever treat him bad.
    And you should be able to understand why she was detached, seeing the situation she's in and how she as the queen is also being neglected. She never hurt anyone, can't see what his problem is. Other than, of course, that she stands in Yurigel's way:blobsmile:

18. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the only justification you can make for Mio is that he’s under the influence of magic and that’s it. But like you said as far as I know that magic only makes you love Yurigel so what’s with his hatred for the queen who’s done absolutely nothing to him!? And obviously the child is not the kings but Yurigals. Which means he raped the Queen because she would never consent to sleeping with him. No wonder she’s cold towards the child! It’s the product of her rape and probably reminds her of her trauma! Like you say it’s not like she mistreats the child! She doesn’t deserve to be hated so vehemently by Mio and yet she is. And to whisper about her to her baby is just disturbing and I can’t believe anyone could stand that character after doing that.
    Mio is trash and honestly every character in that series is trash but Mio stands out amongst them to me. (I just can’t stand that character)

cjburaira and Noenelle like this.
  19. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, yep.
    Tho the spoilers said that the child is really hers with the king. But plus Yurigel's black magic (everyone in the manga can't see how the kid looks like Yurigel, only we the readers can:facepalm:)
    Anyway, I imagine sleeping with the scum king wasn't pleasant either.

cjburaira likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.