LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cannibalism means eating your own race, so they would need to eat members of their own race for it to be cannibalism. Humans? even van would aggree that they are not human, so no it does not count as cannibalism.

Eddy andres and Paps like this.
  2. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure, but I believe it said she led an all-female knight order when they fought the minotaurs.
    Either way, the men would have been killed and eaten long ago, and the women kept around, slowly dying off, so their souls would be more likely to still be around when Van did the reincarnations.

ZeroR18 and Eddy andres like this.
  3. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternatively, all the men are now female minotaurs training to be Magical Girls & perform as Idols on stage. (y)

4. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodriguez with the clutch save, I would like to call Edmund an idiot but in his defense how could he possibly know about the true powers at play in Morksi right now. Juliana and crew are working hard training to be magical girls. I bet Zadiris will get a title like "Magical girl trainer" or some such hahahaha. A quality slow-paced chapter.

Paps, Eddy andres and diamonds like this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already said it a billion times but, it is not more funny how the joke of the magical girls has evolved little by little to a sub plot that the joke itself, is like the white roxy sacred treasure

6. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok kinda loving momma Darcia’s updated stats. 1 awakened ranged skill, 2 awakened CQC skills, and an awakened healing and ranged magic skill. Though the ranged magic skill is considered the least combat oriented of all magics. Plus I saw at least 5 lvl 10 skills on the cusp of awakening................Rodriguez you are a legend who saved a man who cannonballed into a pool of destruction where angels, demons, gods and evil gods all fear to even look askance.

Paps likes this.
  7. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a fantasy world, taboo on cannibalism would include all mainstream races eating all mainstream races. In most places, it would mean original races and Vida's races derived from original races (like Dark Elves). In strongly Vida-influenced territories, it would include all known Vida's races (a lot of people thought Ghouls aren't a Vida's race).
    In Van's empire, it would include eating all sapient races, whether original, Vida's or monster. But in their case, the taboo is really weak, because they include vampires and ghouls, races with a long history of eating people. They even ate the dead orcs when the living orcs were not looking.
    Would it be still called canniballism if it's not your own race? Doesn't matter, the taboo is about not eating people so that people would not end up killing each other off.

I would say they would be Dhampir (Dhampir (Dark Elf)). These children would still be alive in a manner a vampire isn't. Of course, they might be a new race altogether. Like "Abyssal Dhampir", or "Spawn of Vandalieu".
    Any other dhampir's children might have normal eyes, but Van's children would have one eye red like a vampire, and the other looking like some kind of horror. Maybe all black, with no visible white or iris. Maybe some fancy eye designed by an anime author.

anon likes this.
  8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    One eye looks like an anime abyss, just unending darkness, with shadowy tendrils that reach into your mind, when you make eye contact....

flannan and Paps like this.
  9. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given what happened to Vandlieu after his mom turned into the chaos elf ancestor... Dhampir(God). Crimson eye sounds about right.

flannan and Paps like this.
  10. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cannibalism is accepted in moderation in Van empire. Goblins and Kobolds are sentient as well, and seen as food if they are wild monsters.
    More don't eat others who worship Van.
    Vampires are living beings in this setting even if viewed as undead. This is why there is a separate zombie vampire race.
    Basic fantasy genetics would say that damphir + vampire would have a 50/50 chance of having a vampire or damphir child. Like elf + half-elf in DnD can have an elf or half-elf child.

Paps likes this.
  11. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't basic genetics make it a 3/4 vampire? Unlike a lot of other Vida monster races, Vampires and another race already have partial genetics of both parents, since otherwise dhampirs wouldn't exist. Dhampirs themselves may not be an exception. The 3/4 vampire would probably some mix of both their traits, like having an even longer lifespan than a dhampir but not immortal like a vampire, more resistant to sunlight than vampires but not fully immune, has to drink blood but can eat regular food to make less of it needed than vampires, etc.

Not sure if they would get monster ranks or not, but probably they would get jobs only. Vampires have both, so a 3/4 vampire would just barely not make the cutoff unless the dhampir had a Vida monster race for the non-vampire parent? Not sure if something like a ghoul/vampire or majin/vampire child would be a dhampir or not, since Vida race genetics are kind of weird in general in regards to the race of the child. Don't recall if it has been mentioned if there were any half-human half-monster/Vida race, since it's usually all children are the Vida monster race, or some children are fully that race and the rest are fully the other parent's (except for vampires making dhampirs). Maybe vampires could even be an exception to that all or nothing rule, since they're also a Vida race. Either way, if there was a dhampir with the non-vampire parent being like that, they probably would be able to have ranks and jobs, and so would their child if they had one with a vampire. The odds of a child like that being born at all though probably are very low, considering just how infrequent vampires make children, let alone with something like a vida monster race or dhampir (excluding future Van, possibly).

12. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue is less that vampires are that infertile but rather that it is more or less outlawed. Especially dhampirs are hated since they effectively rolle a nat20 in genetics even if their parents suck.

13. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it a mix of vampires having vastly lower labido and dhampirs being killed by the evil god worshipping vampires because they hate/fear them? I don't think they are technically against the law to Vida believers or in the Orbaume Kingdom (although they are still at least partially discriminated against at Orbaume).

14. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    It is assumed that when a male is born as the father, he would be born with certain characteristics of race, the male children of the excillas were born with green hair if I am not mistaken. you have to wait to see how Vandeliu's children are born, maybe their mutant genes give birth to the male versions of the female races

15. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When we were at Zanalpadna (the arachnid people) what children are born was explained like this:
    If an arachnid and another race have kids in Zanalpadna, they will 100% be arachnids. If it were an arachnid and a ghoul in the ghoul kingdom, they would 100% be ghouls. If they had kids in say the noble ork kingdom, they would be 50/50.
    If it is a race that takes over the characteristics of the mother (like orks) then:
    An arachnid and a noble ork in Zanalpadna:100% arachnid. Anywhere else:100% noble ork.

Whether this applies to vampires, since they don't really have a patron god like these other races, is unknown.

16. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Working from memory.
    In Vida's territory children will be born based on the patron god of the city they are in. Spiders/mantis in that city etc.
    If a pure female species gives birth to a male it will be the father's species. If female, the mothers. This happened in the Scylla territory, the king's line had to banish his sisters back to Scylla land because they would outlive his own human children.
    Outside a devil's nest or god influenced land Vida's races have difficulty having children due to long lifespan lowering fertility.
    Dhamphirs are not illegal in Vida territory. Outside they are hunted like a rare spawn monster in an MMO by the evil god worshippers.

ZeroR18 and Eddy andres like this.
  17. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    good, I have a problem trying to register with
    bastion light novels tells me that my ip is blacklisted, why?

18. jind2ux5ijguj3scxtum

jind2ux5ijguj3scxtum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you did not do something stupid before, this is likely just a demonstration of the problems with ip blacklists. Most ISPs give a dynamic ip to each of its users. This means that after a certain time your ip address can change and if someone previously had your current ip and did something that got them blacklisted with it, you are stuck with the consequences until your next change of ip address (the change can depend on your ISP).

19. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    first, specifically what is stupid? Why damage things is written in my genetic code. Second, thank you very much for the reply, I hope to be able to solve this before the next update. thank you

Paps likes this.
  20. jind2ux5ijguj3scxtum

jind2ux5ijguj3scxtum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant by stupid was mostly managing to get yourself banned by someone who can blacklist your ip. If you can't access the site itself it can be something like a ddos protection because the ip was previously used to spam the server to make it unusable. If you can access the site it was probably a ban made by someone who manages the chat.

Paps and Haruka280 like this.