Spoiler Escape of the duke’s heartbroken daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Jul 1, 2020.

1. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got done with the epilog/sidestories. Turns out Layla's kid and her sister's kid wind up a love item.‍(quad face palm)
    Is Japan part of Appalachia ?? They're first freaking cousins.

Rin.rinaaa, Poor_Hero, RuLiLa and 3 others like this.
  2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone pls give details on how rose got exposed and how miserable she was then
    I need it for comfort
    Really wish she got some sort of humiliation!

Darcy likes this.
  3. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    The royal family have dominant silver hair and blue eyes. All their children have the trait. Rose's Child didn't.

The prince imprisoned her chained her up and torturd/treated her poorly. She broke during the imprisonment, and spilled the beans about the horse and her scheme to him. Later, after Layla was found by the prince he had rose brought to her in chains and Rose tells Layla what she did, trying once again to break her(at this point I'd like to see Layla have some hatred to the people that have been hurting her). Layla not knowing the prince already knows, tells Rose never to tell him about the horse thinking he would immediately kill her. In the end, it's never definitively revealed if Rose is killed or just imprisoned for life. Publicly it's announced she died from complications during childbirth

Personally the prince is the character who got the rawest deal in this story. He's completely destroyed by rose's treachery

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  4. naandanaa

naandanaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know anything about the ml, like ml backstory or something

5. smt-acc

smt-acc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dobokan likes this.
  6. naandanaa

naandanaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @smt
    Thankyou so much, but I think I'm gonna drop this or my blood pressure would get too high

7. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. Could you please tell me what happened to the baby when Rose got found out. I like her downfall, she really deserved it. But what happened to the baby?
    And I actually feel sorry for the prince, he was a victim too because of Rose.

8. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    The baby got given to a maid. In one of the epilogue chapters we get his story. Apparently it's an domestic violence situation I forget if the husband Kills her or not, but after a while (I think he was around 7) he winds up on the streets. After a little bit he meets Layla's daughter (his cousin) and it's hinted they will wind up together. No idea what the author was going for with this.

9. girrlit

girrlit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did her parents let there grandkid end up on the street tf? He had no fault in it. Man if they do get together and make inbred babies it's all on the family. None of his family members better come running back when they treated him like a stranger

Lesson learned is dont abandon you nephew/grandson or theyll end up fucking your daughter/granddaughter and you'll end up like the lannisters

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  11. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    The crappy grandparents had no idea there were grandkids. Layla wanted nothing to with dad(I love both my daughters equally, aka not at all), or Mom (your purpose was to advance my standing by marrying royalty). So they never heard anything from Layla. Rose's kid the prince told everyone it died with her, so the royal family wouldn't look foolish

Rylee56059, Blue_C06, Tem and 12 others like this.
  12. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Man royals are must some rays of sunshine. I legit think Layla dodged a bullet

So no one knows that the kid is Rose's son?

Also what happens to Erik? He banged her before the engament so I dont think hed be punished

Blue_C06, Darcy and lazynoodles like this.
  13. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, no. The only people that would know are the prince and maybe the maid, maybe not

I really don't fault the prince on this. The kid wasn't his, he had a homicidal hatred for the mother, really surprised he didn't just kill the kid. If he was allowed to live it's just a potential scandal for the royals, and a green hat for him.

Killing Rose? If he did that, she got off easy.

Turbostop, Rika77, Blue_C06 and 10 others like this.
  14. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The prince was cold but efficient. He solved the problem just like that. What ever did happen him in the end? Did he ever get over Layla and marry someone else?

Dobokan and Tt123 like this.
  15. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Morally I do fault him for that but hes a royal and they operate on differents ethics and logic then the rest of the population. They are humans in lizard skin devoid of any emotions so no suprise hed give a kid to an abusive family and say he died. Like you dont hold humans and animals to equal standards, same goes for most royals

But now the scandals probably gonna come out with the bonus knowledge that the royals hid it. Ten times worse imo.

A cucked man and a liar to boot. Rip there rep

But is the prince even alive or ruling? He seems like the type to kill himself after losing layla

Blue_C06 likes this.
  16. kawaii12345

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall anything being said about him in epilogue. As to his morals, well if it were current times he would have found out with the amnio had the fetus aborted and had her killed or tossed in the dungeon. (just think of middle east/african countries that still have monarchies).

Personally I really wanted to see the garbage mom and dad get their share of karma, but Asian the parents almost never suffer consequences for being crap

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Blue_C06, Darcy, Avery Very and 3 others like this.
  17. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad thing is i was gonna refute you bit then I remember diana and all the consiapracy theories surrounding her death.

Man the monarchy is till the same as it was 100 years ago it just got better at hiding it

Yeah Asian culture has alot of emphasis on respecting the parent. So even if they heat the shit out of you pls he kind and not dump them in an old home cause they gave birth to you

It beelds into the novel too. Alot of there father-daughter novels have the daddios just short on killing the daughter and later on the kid forgives him.

What I would give to see just one of them just pull a Kylo ren on there asses

18. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my god, i cant believe this story turn dark fast! is there no decent character around?

the black haired male love lelya cus reincarnation thing, and that silver hair prince is a total dark yandere

man, the plot took my interest for good, but the characters are giving me too much surprised :facepalm:

Darcy, Suzune, ghostofmater and 2 others like this.
  19. stardrops

stardrops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i came here after reading the manga and whoops— seems like i'm not gonna waste any more time in the manga then. why do shoujo authors keep writing shitty love interests

20. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh I know yandere is a big no-no but atleast that prince never betrayed MC, was drugged and *still* didn't betray MC and loved MC for MC. So the ML falling for MC coz of some Amelia and trying to force her into becoming Amelia is just.... Sick. Like how happy would MC have been with the man she loved (aka prince) and the prince who loved MC.

Dunno, am not really happy with this pairing ughhh