Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I AM VAN, THE LIVING GOD AND LIFE EVERLASTING, ...here, have some ubi, treat yourself!

I don't think it's really a state at this point, nor does it need to be. There's no point in borders and laws trying to organize resources as they are functionally infinite. You can literally do what you want for the rest of your life and be secure under the welfare state of Vidal.

I can honestly say it's the only sort of society where I could accept an all powerful ruler. If my king is also a public utility, then yeah sure, you're in charge, I'll be here pursuing my dream of underwater basket weaving.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Nakakure, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  2. RealSaMu

RealSaMu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post-Scarcity AI Theocracy?
    Where the AI is Van...
    I can get behind this idea.

3. w1ck3d

w1ck3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Godtrix?

[​IMG]

canuto95, Mesaphrom, RealSaMu and 2 others like this.
  4. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He adds things like that there are no candidates, and the only two with a good record are not going to leave their positions after the time it takes to lower their workload and perhaps as much as possible, that if Vandeliu would request that a certain candidate be elected, the The first action of this was to call other elections for Vandeliu to return to office

hillo315 likes this.
  5. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kouki got a bunch of great character development in the end / after stories. He was also still an actual teenager. Asagi was a teen in his first life, lived to about thirty in his second and has now lived on Lambda for what about five years? Despite all that time, he is literally the same jackass he was in high school on Earth. He’s way worse than Kouki.

Korleone, Bla8bla, hidefreek and 5 others like this.
  6. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus Kouki was brainwashed for about a third of the story.

So, if there is anything I realized in this chapter is that 1) modern society is actually scarier than the one controled (more like obliged to control) by the giant noodle monster 'person' from Earth and 2) Van's endgame may had been making cellphones all along....

Korleone, Bla8bla, hidefreek and 4 others like this.
  7. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can felt your gurgde in there.

8. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Asagi's defense (and I say that lightly) he did die two times. You have people who have trauma from near-death experiences, how much trauma would you get from actually dying? To him, Kanako is both a traitor and a murderer for no reason. To him, her idol thing was just a fun little side thing before she could rejoin her people, the classmates. Of course, we know she never wanted to be a braver, but he didn't, and he has always had the personality of knowing how others should live their lives.

That's one thing I like about Death Mage compared to other isekai. These people died. They received trauma and a warped view of the world. They don't just show up in a new world and go, 'Cool! I can use magic and swords! Now I will introduce everything good thing from Japan, or just completely forget where I came from and be the best person with a harem of elves and catgirls!'

Makes you wonder if Asagi's obsession with his classmates is his way of clinging onto the past, when things made sense. Before gods and monsters and missions. Back when he was a normal teenager. Kind of like, 'This is normal. See, Amamiya and Kanako are here. Sensei is also here. We're all here. This is fine. Now we are fighting terrorists, but that's fine. It's normal. Everything's normal.'

RealSaMu, Bla8bla, hidefreek and 4 others like this.
  9. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be frank; Braver itself has hierarchy on it own.
    The leader class, the follower and the computer class.:blobspy:
    The two former class can change depend on situations but the computer couldn't.
    Braver completely depended on them (Oracle, Lapis Demon, Inspector) and did as they're said without any objections.
    But the computer from Rodcorte wasn't humane and will never be.:facepalm:
    Completely depend on it will only makes them inhumane (Inspector can't trust male because overused her ability on everyone but still didn't found it weakness until her death:blobpeek:, Oracle lacking IQ/EQ because always depend on it his mistaked will cause severe damage to the braver, Lapis maybe the lowest ranked among them and act as support than the actual thinker:blobowoevil:)
    I don't think old braver will created bond between them so easily.....:blobexpressionless:
    Except Amemiya terrifying power and Charisma (He has mental protection), it hard for them to join force:blobdrool:

DieForMe, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  10. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if they were all good people (I wonder what is the concept of good robcorte, someone who does not think about killing or stealing all the time, but who really would do it if he could?), in the end they were a group of people, that they did not have many interactions between the vast majority, and with different tastes and objectives without a clear common goal, they were destined to collapse on a small or large scale from the beginning

Blue_Minnow good perspective, in the end everyone saw their lives differently, some could not advance as asagi, others it seemed like a game, a waste or the opportunity to live their dreams, very few treated it as a real life

11. DieForMe

DieForMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kanako did just that.......then asagi came......

Blue_Minnow and hillo315 like this.
  12. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to said about good and evil but Rodcorte was a neutral one until he messed thing up horribly.:blobowoevil_horns:
    While Bravers were good because they're keeping the world peace (under table deal and inhumane working condition which no human rights:blobpoliceangry:).
    Van is evil but also good in himself:blobninja:.....He indeed slaughtered other but has control over it:blobangel:.
    If you're read Chinese novel (It's totally mess our mind), you will found a lot of completely asshole protagonists that want Van to eat their souls:blobcat_hyper:

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  13. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean what robcorte considers to be a good person, in the end it has most likely been based on his history and a superficial review of thoughts.

I agree about the protas, perhaps it is because I had bad luck, but so far more than half of the protas in those stories that I have read are foolish idiots, ironically one of the more or less thoughtful, one is a genocide and the other a murderer, rapist and thief, Although the second is not considered the good in any way and has a lot of self-control, although he makes the same mistake as all the protas in these stories, he does not time his cultivation times well.

hidefreek and hillo315 like this.
  14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Amemiya isn't even their classmate actually lot of people in there not their classmate, staff of the ship except the terorist. Wait? . How many braver again? 100?

It actually becuase Amemiya anounce they have memory from past life. Which i consider weird since, shouldn't he can't talk about reincarnation?:hmm:
    Rodcorte never can understand human. He didn't even considering mental state of people who have past memory or their life affected by the cheat he gave.
    Lots of them like that. Until Amemiya and Rokudo.
    Well chinese is bit scary, i felt like my anger is bit extreme after reading CN novel.sigh. it bad for mind. Considering i am got scammed 3 times by chinese. Dunno if i can trust them

Bla8bla, hillo315 and hidefreek like this.
  15. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a hundred Bravers + Van. Mr. HERO didn't announce anything about reincarnation, he just said that there people who had special powers like him and then people started to suspect that people like Murakami and Kanako had non magical powers too and were made to join Bravers.

hillo315 and hidefreek like this.
  16. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, the Van AI only has a very easy beginner mode...

Didn't he complete a prototype pretty early on (shrunk goblin head)?

It looks like he is an actual Internet server

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    canuto95, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  18. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Job Change Room *Job Skynet pop up*

Van: What the hell, what the hell, what the hell....

19. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe later when he can hi jack job and status system

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  20. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw out!

hillo315 and Truciderete like this.