Spoiler Don't Trust the Heroine

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Novelupdates Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/dont-trust-the-heroine/

Description
    She was reincarnated into a novel as the villainess’ supporter and died a tragic death after harassing the heroine.

To avoid her death, she gave everything to Suzanne, the heroine and helped her get her happy ending. But…

“Think back on your sins. You are convicted of attempted murder, high treason…”

She was betrayed in the end…

“Goodbye, foolish countess. Ah, I forgot that you’re not a countess anymore,” Suzanne chuckled.

The heroine’s vicious nature, which she learned on the brink of her death. At that last moment, she thought.

‘If I was given another chance, I…’

“No way! …I returned?”

She went back to the day before she met the heroine. The worst mistake she had made in her previous life.

[History is written by the victors.] She will no longer be the heroine’s s*ave. She swears to come out victorious and have her own happy ending!

Alternate name
    여즈를 믿지 마세요!

Moon-2, Nia2760, luliibunny and 24 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder
    :blobReach:All relevant spoilers, questions, and answers are compiled here | Please edit this and link the spoilers you posts so it's easy to read through and answered questions won't be repeated.:blobReach:

Table of Contents
    <Random Events/ Undefined Chapters>
    NOTE: The chapters under this category are NOT linked in order of the novel/manhwa but are based on the time the spoilers were posted in the spoiler thread.

<Kakao Chapters> | Main Story: 163 chapters
    <Book Chapters >| Main story: 21 chapters + 1 epilogue

Chapter 3
    Chapter 6

LAST UPDATED | PAGE 6 | POST # 106

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  3. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Pansy25 likes this.
  4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it isn't bad after 2 chapters. The MC is relatable and human. Flaw so far is that the hook is a bit weak.
    ch 1 pretty much the blurb but without as much of the antagonist rubbing salt into the main characters woundx. She gets beheaded wakes up ten years in the past thinking she was an idiot. Reads the diary she made when she first transmigrated finds out OH MY GOD THE NOVEL MUST HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY THE ANTAGONIST. Decides she is going to hook up with the villain.
    ch 2 Turns out she took the antagonist in from an orphanage, and had the choice to adopt the villain as an alternate.
    The antagonist is there [laying the consummate white lotus while getting the adults to treat Farren(ML? he is 6 years younger and 12 at that). She manages to get him excluded from the selection process and sent to a punishment room. At the end of the chapter it looks like the antagonist is trying to give the MC the run around

5. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    From the way I've read the translations, wasn't the term used not adoption but something close to sponsorship (well, its technically the same but at least it makes things less weird)?

kawaii12345 likes this.
  6. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Patronage was the term but that didn't seem right either. Especially so when you consider what Suzanne did original timeline. Maybe foster would be correct

7. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really is a patronage in the typical sense, but Medina was incredibly attached to Suzanne (which wasn't normal). For a typical patronage, the patron mostly just provides financial support, but even after her return Medina has Farren living in the estate with her and she takes him out shopping and personally teaches him about noble life.

So Farren had been locked in the "reflection room" (which is basically a supply closet with no light source) after he was beaten because Suzanne framed him for stealing her brooch. Suzanne spends some time shamelessly telling Medina how awful Farren is, Farren claims he didn't, and Medina spends some time wondering at how good Suzanne is at playing this role. She doesn't trust Suzanne, but that doesn't mean she trusts Farren either. She tells them that she'll just find a wizard to cast a spell on the brooch to see what actually happened in the past and Farren says he can do it, so she tells him to go ahead. Surprise (not), Suzanne is the one who put the brooch in Farren's things to frame him. Anyway, she takes Farren and leaves and starts a gov't investigation into the orphanage to shut it down and send the kids elsewhere.

It's revealed that she isn't just going to sponsor Farren because he's Suzanne's enemy, but also because he's the only one who had warned Medina about Suzanne before her return. She had been offended and hadn't listened then, but she remembered it.

Separately, Farren reveals that he and Suzanne can do pretty high level magic because there's a wizard who would come to teach them sometimes. She doesn't remember Suzanne being able to do that before her return, but maybe Suzanne just misrepresented her abilities.

She's really wary of Farren this time around because she doesn't want to get emotionally attached again, but Farren is an adorable kid who is just so happy to have someone who stood up for him and rescued him. He isn't even angry at the kids who bullied him with Suzanne and describes Suzanne as, "just a little spoiled." He's just such a sweet little kid. He's obviously emotionally attached to Medina immediately but she keeps saying that he's an investment--but this is still the nicest someone has been to him, I think, so it's not really discouraging him as much as she probably wants. She plans to have him sign a blood contract so he can't betray her.

After his wounds heal, she takes him shopping. Medina teaches Farren her philosophy about spending money wisely: if it's investing in the future, then money should absolutely be spent and earning favors is about displaying sincerity not giving money, but money is the best expression of sincerity. Farren asks if her investment in him is an expression of her sincerity and she can't bring herself to say that there are no feelings involved because he's just so bright eyed and bushy tailed when he asks. (Farren = :aww:; Medina = :blob_zipper_mouth:) They run into a guy who had proposed to Medina and been rejected. He talks shit about wizards once he hears that Medina is sponsoring Farren as one and Medina shuts him down, saying that in the future, wizards will be valued and the guy is being shortsighted.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    anvollo, Shey_04, augacutan and 46 others like this.
  8. ketchupblood

Reading List:
    Link
    Farren is really cute. He wants to please Medina so much

Medina's mother had died in TL1, but she's alive now! She's back a little bit early because a bridge had collapsed so she couldn't go on her business trip. She has dinner together with Medina and Farren even though Medina doesn't remember her mother ever interacting with Suzanne in TL1. She asks Farren to prove that he's worthy of Medina's patronage and Farren says he'll fix the bridge, which is shockingly big magic in this world. Her mother says ok, but if he fails then she will withdraw the patronage.

Medina is a little bit shook because her mom probably would have been happy with a pretty magic show display, but Farren says that Medina had just taught him that he should show his sincerity to buy favor so that's what he was doing. Then he asks... if he fails, will she send him back to the orphanage? And Medina says that no, either she would convince her mother or she would just leave home and figure things out on her own (internal monologue: she thinks that she's basically adopted him, so it would be too cruel to abandon him. So as expected, she's the reason people were confused about what 'patronage' means.)

(We get a pretty good explanation of magic. It's not good at manipulating physical things, which is why wizards are looked down upon.)

We also get a flashback where it shows how Suzanne had systematically isolated Medina from her friends and family in TL1. She also convinced Medina that she wasn't very pretty and that she should wear drab and dark colors, because Suzanne is a manipulative emotional abuser. Medina mentioned that she wasn't very pretty when Farren asks her why she only wears dark colors and he was surprised and told her that she is, and that he really wanted to see her in bright colors. :blobmelt:

Also, in TL1 the wizards overthrew the current system and Suzanne became Empress. Medina is convinced that now Farren will be Emperor, but tbh I think Farren just wants to stay by Medina's side for the rest of his life...

They sign it in ch 13. You can only sign one blood contract in your life so the most common use case is for marriage vows. Medina was worried that Farren would back out and she also felt a little bit guilty that she was forcing him to sign a one-sided magically binding contract (and tbh... yeah, she should feel bad for that. He's not even a teenager yet!) but Farren was completely on board for it.

Then he adds an extra condition that he can't go further than a day's travel from her without her agreement (this might go both ways, but MTL so I'm not sure) and she's like, "I mean, that works for me?" (poor kid, he's so worried about getting abandoned... or he's getting a little yandere. One or the other. :hmm:)

When they clarify the terms, she says that "betrayal" means to harm her physically or to sabotage her plans. He says that he could just agree to follow all of her orders and she says that she definitely doesn't want that and he should absolutely question her orders if he thinks they're bad.

At the end, we get this exchange:
    Farren: "...a vow I can only make once, it's like a marriage vow."
    Medina: "Hmm? What did you say?"
    Farren: "No, I just can't wait to grow up."
    Medina: "You don't have to be so impatient. There's still a lot of time left."
    Farren: "I know. I'll try harder."​

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  9. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Goodness! Farren is so adorable! Makes me wish we had illustrations. Descriptions aren't enough. I'm thankful not being able to experience abuse at all but I'm surprised MC couldn't sense the manipulation that early on (I mean, she WAS a Countess, has the money to make herself look pretty *even though illustrations are enough to prove she's already quite a beauty*, heck before she "adopted"/patronize Suzanne, I wouldn't be surprised if Medina already has her fair share of suitors. I mean, she's a young 18 yr old Countess, right? Guess it just proves how impressive of a manipulator Suzanne was

augacutan, syofiaa, Minaeli and 7 others like this.
  10. Fatim

Fatim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i agree, ITS just that before she adopted that b*tch,she transmigrated after read the novel and be like 'Heroine is justice so i should hold her golden thic!'
    haha!

And now i wonder why the original Body abused Suzanne, is she just typical villainness or the original also realize her white Lotus mask

But well not that important, btw any spoiler how this ML when he become adult? I hope he still become a Sweet guy since i got too much obsessive yandere ML even thou the MC put her heart to nurture'em :'

Irishh, UneAmeSolitaire and elparis like this.
  11. ketchupblood

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea what adult-Farren is like, I'm reading in order so I'm way early in the story. Really quick one because
    Remember that guy who was courting her whom she put in his place? Well between Medina being SO SURE that he was missing out while she was getting ahead by sponsoring wizards and the fact that news of Farren's bridge-y magic spreading... he was convinced.

SO HE'S SPONSORING SUZANNE AS A WIZARD. :sweating_profusely: Whoops, maybe shouldn't have given him quite such a strong verbal smackdown. Medina's reaction when she found out was a mix of shock/horror because "he's an idiot with money so he's the perfect prey"

lan2001h, cloerofile, Chunin and 55 others like this.
  12. Assassin997

Assassin997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i knew this would happen:mad:

13. Fatim

Fatim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahh i just hope this 'idiot with money' would drag down Suzanne plan with his idocrity

14. leyeh2 girl

leyeh2 girl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @ketchupblood this story quite similar with "I raised obsessive servant" which I also like.

kawaii12345 likes this.
  15. ilove_chocolatte

ilove_chocolatte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please have some mercy and leave us some spoiler!! :cry::cry:

16. LonelyHomie

LonelyHomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg this is getting intense btw who's the crown prince is that the future OG ML for that evil Suzanne ? Since they brought it up that the mom wanted the FL to get engaged with the crown prince?I can't wait to see Farren he sounds sweet:blobmelt::aww:

Minaeli likes this.
  17. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while since I was last here but to me, this wasn't exactly karma for MC. I mean, lets face it. Suzanne was gonna worm her way into any noble at some point just from charming them with her white lotus act, the only worrying thing is how powerful the next noble that will sponsor her compared to MCs family. One silver lining we currently have for this is the noble she'll be leeching off is an idiot, at least Madenna actually tried to raise Suzanne with love, the current one will still spoil her rotten and make things easier but again, seems like Madenna's family is still the richer noble.

Edit: with the recent developments though, it goes back to WHY hasn't Madenna killed Suzanne again? That girl is a huge threat capable of manipulating anyone, heck the shadow organization she's contracted with also asked her once but I forgot her answer?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    torte1315, SarahNA, Ravenz and 16 others like this.
  18. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. samira01

samira01 ♥**MangaLover** ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reading the series alone and it’s a great one to read...and I haven’t read any spoilers yet, so I guess this is what I’m going to be doing soon.

Pansy25 and Hypothon like this.
  20. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers? More moment with the ml & mc, please.