Spoiler Inso's Law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Spade_Ladyz

Spade_Ladyz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank for that.
    Btw I have only read to those first chapters of book 10, while Dan-I is still in a relationship with Yeo Dan. I kinda curious if anyone know why did they broke up. People had been asking this question constantly but no one really knew about it, so i would appreciate if you guys can reply this question :blobsalt:
    Oh and yeah i did read one of those ealier post from somebody said that they broke up because their relationship became toxic, which made me even more curios because what did Dan-I possibly do, to the point it became toxic?

DOHere, Mikaa and nikyoruu-chan like this.
  2. nikyoruu-chan

nikyoruu-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love this novel a lot. Even though, Eun Jiho is the ML, I am still rooting for Yeo Dan or Ju-in or Ruda . . . I didn't read the spoilers yet. . . I pity the one who will not be chosen :blob_teary:

Steff123 likes this.
  3. Susmariozipper

Susmariozipper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

There's only one main ending. And Chunyoung did not die.

The main ending is the 2nd timeline where Dani changed the past.

I haven't read yet the alternate ending so take this with a grain of salt. All five managed to recover their memories. But imo, it's not a happy ending for Dani.

The main ending is all five of them forgets Dani. And only Jiho was able recover his memories back at the end. A lot of spoilers I've read portrayed the ending to be so sad. Yes it's sad, you'll cry every time Dani cries like I did. But it's the arc where Dani finally stands up for herself. She's finally reaching out. And it's the arc where she finally GIVES back. And that incident was Dani's proof that no matter what happens in the future, memory or no memory, Dani can always stay by their side.

Dani also swept the floor using the faces of those people who antagonized her(some of the 4hks and a villain making a comeback). So you should watch out for that! Cause it's funny as hell!

4. Pongki

Pongki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First off I like to thank everyone on this thread that gave us spoilers so everyone that hasn’t read ahead can be prepared for the storm to come
    Second, WAOW this thread is like being struck with a thunderbolt by Pikachu and run over by 500 trucks
    Cause as a reader that has only read the webtoon, a lot of information here was surprising to me
    For one, I personally feel that Jiho was thrown from left field as someone who was a contender for Dan-i as a love interest in the webcomic (atleast until Chp 54-ish)
    Like I had a feeling that Yeoryang was going to end up with either Eunhyung or Jiho based on character interactions in the comic. It also felt like Ru-da and Chunyoung were the contenders for Dan-I (Ru-da more obviously and Chunyoung progressively)
    So to hear that Jiho is the true/main love interest for Dan-I really threw me off. ∑(゚Д゚)
    I can probably (hopefully) also say this for my fellow webcomic readers that hearing Chunyoung had died and we will have to see this in the future will break our hearts.
    Also hearing how everyone is talking about the ending, it really breaks a persons heart because Dan-i bears an incredible burden on her shoulder——living life knowing what was and what will happen but also (like she mentioned in earlier chapters of the webtoon) having everyone forget about her without their choice and living life like a fleeting dream sometimes (I guess later on not—-questioning what’s reality and what isn’t.)

———————————————————-
    Side note: I feel sad that Dan-I didn’t end up with Ru-da cause it felt like a compatible relationship and partially due to the fact (unless someone wants to correct me or fill me in on this)Ru-da wasn’t truly ever meant for Dan-I being a main for a different novel, but the fact he fell for Dan-I is like a character breaking the fourth wall of a predestined path and finding what they want or like for themselves.
    RIP: my ship

DOHere, hrui, Spade_Ladyz and 2 others like this.
  5. nikyoruu-chan

nikyoruu-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you. . . I just really love and want Ruda to be with Dan-I :aww: but reading the spoilers. . . Eun Jiho is the one. I pity the other guys whom Dan-I didn't choose :blobsob::blob_teary: When I heard that there's like an alternative ending, I thought that all love interests will get one :blob_coffee: but it is not. . .:blobwoah: I was wrong!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    DOHere and rero00 like this.
  6. Susmariozipper

Reading List:
    Link
    In the main story Chunyoung did not die. He's just on the brink of death. In a critical condition. Cause if he already died the author wouldn't still be able to bring him back alive even if she changed the past. Chunyoung survived cause he's still alive when the author erased Dani.

So yeah, Chunyoung did not die, not in the novel world or any world.

DOHere likes this.
  7. chalant

chalant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a ton of subtle hints way before that though, even in just the manhwa. If you re-read and pay attention to Jiho from the beginning of the timeskip, a lot of the little things he does make it rather obvious that he's liked Dani the whole time. The difference between Jiho versus Chunyoung or Ruda is that Jiho's already been through this unrequited song and dance in the past. That's why he's so much more cautious about his feelings around not just Dani, but everyone else as well. It's also implied in the novel, but all but confirmed in the manhwa adaptation that from the beginning of the timeskip, Jiho's been trying to give up on his feelings for Dani and only watch over her as a friend, hence why he never makes a move of any sort and just helps her behind the scenes (giving her advice, checking up on her when he hears she's distancing herself again, etc.).

The funny thing is that if you're exposed to the novel first or at least very early into reading the webtoon, you kind of realize that there's a good chance Jiho is the male lead. He's the one on the cover of the first volume of the novel and, digging a little deeper, you'll find that the first two character illustrations inside volume 1 are Dani...followed by Jiho. Then it's Yeoryeong and Chunyoung in volume 2.

I think the reveal that Jiho likes Dani is overall more surprising if you read deep into the manhwa first and don't look into the novel, but the manhwa also has advantages over the novel in that it gives more of Jiho's perspective and you get to see the changes in his expressions, which are another window to hinting at the true nature of his feelings for Dani. The scene where his ears went red when she smiled in the car, for example, isn't something you'd know from just reading the novel version of the scene, for example.

I feel like that's true for all the guys that fell for Dani though lol and Jiho in particular. His whole character arc in the story is basically that: finding something he wants that makes him stray from the path paved for him since he was a child.

8. ValriaIness

ValriaIness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who are looking for spoiler and aren't like me, who spent more than an hour filtering though all (as of writing) 28 pages, you get most ending related spoilers around page 20+ (around there you get more I think... Too many repeated questions in my opinion).

For those who are confused, MC (Dan I) ends up with Ji Ho (white or silver hair dude) but there is another alternate ending for Chun Young (dark blue or black hair aloof dude).

Many may argue why JH is the ML instead of CY... Well, if you have watched some high school romance K-drama, you would know that love triangle (and reverse harem) is a common theme and the ML is always the guy who wasn't very nice to FL at first, then there is the 2nd ML who is with FL all the time but always loses to ML at the end. All I can say is common troupe lol. The novel might be more obvious but I read the webtoon too and there is always signs indicating JH is constantly in love with MC lol.

What makes is way more interesting than the common love triangle troupe is that, we can see the chemistry of MC and CY, MC in some ways do like CY more than anyone else in the group but the relationship fails as both failed to communicate with each other. This can be seen portrayed when they got into argument. This is a reason why I didn't ship them lol, probably because I see it will fail. (I think someone wrote about position and responsibility between JH and CY and how they contrast in handling their love for MC, that was pretty interesting and makes even more sense why JH is the ML lol)

Regarding the ship for Ru Da (blonde hair), personally, ever since MC treat him like a girl (younger sister) he already lose the battle lol. It indicates that MC would not see him more than just friends and his love is just... Not gonna get through MC, well, unless if MC forgets about the four heavenly kings or I don't see the ship sailing. He just started too late in the game I guess. (all other characters just doesn't get enough shine for romance with MC so.... No point listing them out lol.)

Why I didn't make comment on Yeo Dan (heroine's bro)? Because obviously when they were dating, it's a sweet couple but knowing romance plots (drama that many loves) , the relationship probably would not sail unless the author wants MC to be with someone else and would probably put it in the ending (I have read some novels which ends like that and it kinda sucks because I got so invested in some characters and MC didn't end up with them).

Well that sums up my thoughts on MC's relationships with some characters. Honestly I thought it would end with a open ending where MC didn't really choose between JH and CY, but CY died.... Sooo.... Yeah, MC with JH it is! I'm sure I wouldn't be reading the novel because it take ages to have a fully English translated version and Korean Novels are especially hard to MTL. I shall continue to stay around for some more detailed spoilers. Thanks for reading and thanks for all the spoilers~

EDIT: CY DIDN'T DIE! HE DIDN'T DIE! NOPE, HE IS NOT DEAD! Thanks @chalant for telling me this

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  9. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    In wich ch yeo dan & donnie started dating??:justabotheart:

10. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are currently dating, but can't remember the chapter.

11. chalant

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiho is indeed the only one who didn't like Dani at first and even had a low opinion of her before they became friends, but he's also definitely the one she spent the most time with out of all the guys because she mentions that Jiho went to her house almost everyday in their second year of middle school (he was there as much as Yeoryeong that year). The person Dani texts when she wants to grumble or complain is also Jiho. They're even shown to text each other late at night just bugging each other and joking around (the beginning of the retreat arc shows it) which we don't really see Dani do with the others.

Oh, that was me lol I'm glad you found it interesting. The author very clearly intended the two of them to be foils what with both being chaebol heirs and both loving Dani but their upbringing is very different even with their similar backgrounds. It really drives home Jiho's point about how important the environment you're raised in is. Chunyoung was the youngest son so he didn't have to shoulder the load as the heir - that responsibility went to his oldest brother. Jiho is an only child and as he put it, if you're the only child, you're dead meat because you automatically have to carry all the responsibilities, which is exactly what Jiho is expected to do.

There's one thing I didn't talk about but I think it's very important to understanding their characters. Chunyoung's brothers kind of spoiled him growing up and gave him everything he ever needed without him ever asking so I don't think he's ever been left wanting. He seems cold outside, but Chunyoung has always been a warmhearted person like Eunhyung told Dani at the beginning. Any "vacancies" in his life were always filled.

I already talked about how Jiho always had to give up on things he wanted all for the sake of his future but it's because he was deprived of his own wishes that made him an empty husk of a person who did nothing but what's expected of him. When Dani first meets him in middle school, she mentions that Jiho looked like someone who had nothing to live for and she was right, although she didn't know it. Kwon Hye Young also talks about how Jiho used to be full of expression as a kid but eventually became cold and business-like as he got older. Jiho acted with no will or desire of his own and did everything for the sake of the path that was paved for him since he was a child. That's why Yoo Gun said Jiho was living like he was dead inside; he just clung desperately to that one narrow path in his life because he believed he never had a choice in life.

Depriving him of childish whims and wishes made him hollow inside. So whereas Chunyoung only looked cold outside but was warm and, for lack of a better word, "fulfilled" on the inside, Jiho was cold because he was just a shell of other people's expectations. He was empty. It's getting to know Dani and being with her that fills the void inside Jiho and I think that's why, ultimately, he's the male lead ― because Dani brings about the biggest change in him.

As someone else mentioned, Chunyoung doesn't die.

It's 344-345 when they announce it to Yeoryeong.

12. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou shooo much:bloblove:

13. Susmariozipper

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you Chalant! You didn't know how glad I am. Honestly, it's been bothering me as a lot of spoilers keeps insisting that Chunyoung died.

LOL! :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

What did Chunyoung even to do them? :blob_grin::blob_grin:

I can't!!! Even in insta or other threads, there is someone who will spoil that Chunyoung died LOL XD

AbortedToast and Mikaa like this.
  14. chalant

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they actually like him though. :blobrofl: Just devastated for their boy. But the spoilers outside of this forum are wild. It's like a jungle out there and they spread like wildfire lol.

I always see spoilers from other places that are like "everyone forgot Dani except Jiho and she's not friends with them anymore" or like "Chunyoung died so Dani ended up with Jiho."

:hmm:

I think the damage has sadly been done for a lot of people and it won't be corrected until the manhwa or even the English translation of the novel finishes and clears up the inaccuracies. :blobpensive:

15. Susmariozipper

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah...... I think only time will correct those inaccurate spoilers.:blobsalute::blobsalute:

AbortedToast likes this.
  16. ValriaIness

ValriaIness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, it's me again!
    Yeah, your post are very informative! Which is cool. After reading that, I found out another interesting fact with JY and CY. I mean, normally it's the spoiled brat (or some setting which is similar) gets the girl but it's different in this novel, that adds an additional plus points about the complex relationships within this novel. (and heck I like those ideas and why I kept on reading "my fiance loves my sister" damn that book is dark, real dark, I'm currently stacking chapters so I can read it in one go:blobuwu:)
    Idk man, like someone said CY died at the end while saving MC. There are also claims that he dies in the main timeline and on the other alternative timeline he survived and forgot about MC. But you know, they may be inaccurate. Good to know. :blobmelt:
    I guess I should update an edit on my previous post to not confuse people reading it. I guess CY had a huge fan base to get that alternate ending lol. At first I thought he got that because he died in the main story, since he didn't.. I guess more ppl ship MC x CY more than MC x JH gang. Maybe I read too much books which are similar to this, I never got confused who is the ML but I admit, at 1 point, I do ship MC with CY but the further I go, I don't see them having a happy ending. Communication is the key for successful relationships... Haha maybe that's why. I hope people would spoil the alt ending because its most likely not gonna be covered in the webtoon. I really wanna know like... How they got together in the alt ending, what changed? :blobdizzy:
    P. S The part where the webnovel author suddenly comes into picture where she "erased" MC from everyone's memories part, I don't really get that, and probably where I got CY die(?) part. The ending spoiler is still so vague and there are already some post about the college arc part. Like seriously, I'm having headache filtering the spoilers :blob_pout: I hope someone can spoil what happened leading towards the end part summarised. If anyone is willing to do so, you have my thanks.

AbortedToast likes this.
  17. ricelilies

ricelilies New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi pals :), I’ve been keeping up w the novel, this page and the webtoon and I’ve made multiple foreshadowing connections that I overlooked before. I’m assuming you know a lot of spoilers if you’ve made it this far but this is your warning lmao. Remember how Dani first met the boys and was confused by Jooin’s name (it means alien in korean)? And thanks to the spoilers and novel we now know he becomes some world teleporter person w the whole getting together w the author of the novel. Jiho was there when Dani and Chunyoung fought for the first time and was literally the person who gave her advice as well as visited her at home despite not even living that close to her. AND THE BIGGEST ONE HHH remember when Dani first teleported back to her old world and had a kind of meltdown and when she told her friends that she was afraid that THEYD FORGET HER AND NOW WE KNOW THAT THEY ACTUALLY DO FORGET HER LATER ON PLEASEEE. And you can see Eunhyung and Yeoreong’s relationship progressing in the recent webtoon chapters. When the guys at the school trip asked Yeoreong for her number and she froze, Jiho came up and told them that he was her boyfriend. You can see Eunhyung’s expression when he finds out what happened as well as when the group is on the bus and Jiho calls the person who threatened Yeoreong and you once again, can see the look of dismay on his face when he realizes he was a second too late !!

FiFiLFM, Mikaa and Steff123 like this.
  18. chalant

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiho's house is actually the closest to Dani's apartment though (see chapter 25 of the webtoon). That's why she goes to check his house first when she gets transported back to her world. His house is the only one she can reasonably travel to on foot, whereas she had to use the subway to get to Chunyoung and Eunhyung's house. I assume Jooin also lives around the same neighbourhood as those two though it's unclear. In the novel, Dani estimates it takes about half an hour to walk from her place to Jiho's mansion.

Jiho didn't visit her house when he gave her advice though; they went to some cafe. In the novel, they don't meet up; he just calls her.

19. ricelilies

ricelilies New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should've clarified my message more so I'm sorry if I caused any misinterpretations! I didn't mean that JIho was there THERE when Dani and Chunyoung were fighting, I just meant that he was the one who knocked some sense into her when she was doubting their friendship. In the webtoon yeah, they live quite close to each other, and yes, the book said it takes about 30 mins to walk to each other's houses, but that isn't exactly "short". Dani mentioned that Jiho would visit her unexpectedly and I don't know about you but when was the last time you had a cute friend walk half an hour to your house unannounced just to hang out w you ;,)? He also didn't drive when he could've the book mentioned that he'd walk to her place. My point is that they had their cute moments that very subtly set up their romance while everyone else was more focused on Chunyoung

AbortedToast and Steff123 like this.
  20. chalant

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, I agree, there are actually a lot of hints from Jiho. People tend to miss them since like you said, everyone's focused on Chunyoung because he's getting built up in the spotlight while Jiho's being subtle and doing everything behind the scenes even though it's pretty obvious in hindsight that he likes Dani. I guess I don't understand people that say Jiho has no moments with Dani at the beginning. He's not lacking exposure or moments with her, he's just taking more of a backseat to the foreground drama but he's always watching over Dani and keeping her out of danger or making sure she's not feeling down. It was obvious he understood her better than the others and was also the least overbearing out of them. He always let her have a choice in doing things her way, except when he believed she'd be in physical danger which is when he'd be stern with her.

I dunno. Half an hour isn't that bad. Dani says it took her about half an hour to reach his house, but at the same time she felt his house was closer than that because Jiho went to her place so much that she lost the sense of distance between their homes. In Dani's mind, she thought Jiho saw her house as being just a stone's throw from his own. The novel is really unsubtle about it too since Dani mentions really early on that Jiho went to her house the most to the point he was like the fourth person living there and later on, we find out he actually dropped in almost everyday in their second year of middle school. Poor Jiho though, Dani thought he visited so often because he liked how casual her parents were (as opposed to the stuffy and oppressive nature of his own home).