Spoiler Counterattack of the Cannon Fodder Chambermaid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by eagerreadergirl, May 25, 2020.

1. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, MC and ML didn't knew that the other one was reincarnated.

The only one who knew ML was reincarnated was the other prince, (I forgot which one). This other prince was also a reincarnator.

The other prince also born from some nameless concubine, he used to be scum male who had many concubine, his previous end is almost the same as ML, with the difference, his Princess Consort actually stood by him. He realised how scummy he had been and after he reincarnated he turned new leaf and to avoid suspicious, he pretended to be indulgent by eating alot (he became fat). He didn't want to battle for the throne because he thought it was too bothersome so he approached ML because he concluded from ML’s different action that ML was also reincarnated.
    His relationship with his princess consort was actually hilarious because the princess consort is a tsundere.

On the other note, I personally didn't think ML's princess consort was very evil, so I actually feel kinda sorry for her in the end:
    1. She young and was forced to marry ML and separated from her lover by her family. So at the beginning she rejected ML and said hurtful things toward him.
    2. ML was as we know not very socially educated and was not able to manage his inner yard, past ML thought that it was all calm and fine. ML had many concubine, she had to fend all of them, and one of her child also died because of one of the side-concubine.
    3. Due to the death of her child, she thought that ML was unreliable, so she had to relied on herself to protect her and her child.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  2. EzadKiel_loveblue56

EzadKiel_loveblue56 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She killed the son of that cefei first… because she wants to have the eldest child (after experiencing that ML start not showing care in backyard fighting and also part of the reason ML was avoiding to have child in present life cause he doesn't want to feel the pain losing his child) and she also turn two concubines into infertile in present and maybe past life… yes she's not so evil but she's not honest either… in ML's memories of past life she was forgiven from insulting ML and also thought they are husband and wife, but she is the one who gave him the poisoned wine and insulted him of being incompetent and mute and collaborate with the emperor to kill ML.

3. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    Her story is already given overview but this is the full story(I think :ROFLMAO:).

And also the reason that for me she is the most pitiful character in this story:
    Her family is farmers(MTL) but she have a brother that past the exam and became official and she was engaged to a small landlord (which you will think they will be content and live happily), but NO the brother is a greedy b****** and send her into harem for him to get higher position(?), in brother's wife memory ML's mother cried so much. (this already tragic, right?. But no, it worsen)
    In harem she is not favored and given title of Cairen, the emperor only visited her at least once a year and her palace or courtyard is in a remote and secluded location. Even though with those factors she still got pregnant, but this is not a happy situation. Because at that time many concubines got pregnant, but it also that time the Empress and Xu gufei is fighting fiercely and many concubines having miscarriage and dystocia.
    Li cairen got so scared the she decided to hide her pregnancy and wait to give birth, but after giving birth the situation just change but not into better one. Some princes or princess got sick, poisoned, got into accident or died.
    With a combination of paranoia and mother instinct (and I think postpartum depression), she made a bad but effective(?) decision, she put a cloth in the mouth of baby ML. That he can't cry but still can breathe through his nose and put him in a dark room and she only enter that room when he needs to eat while some servant was looking outside, so no one can hear and see him.
    When the baby ML grown up a bit, she doesn't let him learn to speak and he still remain in that dark room, so no one from outside can hear and see him. Her servants know that she's acting not normal, but they can't do anything, many of them leave until Fushun, Aunt Qi and I think also Grandma He remains.
    ML was six years old when the emperor found out about him, at first the emperor is remorseful and pity them, he gave Li cairen a concubine title and ML became fifth prince and seeing ML not speaking give him a lot of teacher to teach him. But he start feeling disgusted (a******) when Li concubine became more crazy and ML never speak, so he (a real a******) ignore them till Li concubine died and married ML too a daughter of none main branch of a family that to other prince is only can get concubine or cefei title and send him to a faraway place.
    Before ML show interest to MC, Fushun, Aunt Qi, Grandma He and othe older servants was wondering if Li concubine see ML at that time will she ever regret her decisions, but they know because of that decision ML is able grew up :cry:.

And that how sad her life is, that I cried a little which is rare, but what really made me cried so hard was when ML made almost similar decisions. That I will spoil sooner or later.

Edit:
    Oh my God!… I'm so sorry ML's mother is not Lu but Li instead and she became a Venerated Imperial Concubine

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  4. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
    OOT, but this novel is the 2nd book of the series, the 1st book is Lin Qing Wan's stories (LQW met with Xiao Hua when they both sold to Qian Yapo, later sold to be farmer's wife), and the 3rd book is Yun Wang's stories (Jing Wang's brother who reincarnated and become fat in his 2nd life). I really hope some translator will pick those 2 other books.

Foxloverxp and Lilly1234 like this.
  5. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoiler!
    What similar decisions did ML make? Did he try to hide MC to protect her?

6. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost forgor this :blobpeek:
    At first ML didn't want MC to get pregnant, because he knows that his children will be killed if either Jin Wang or Crown Prince ascend to the throne, so he asked the doctor for solution without hurting MC's body, that is the safe days (or monthly cycle). That's I think the reason why he didn't frequently visit the MC.
    But he changed his mind after MC cried in his arms, because Wangfei tried to poisoned her to be infertile and she need to recover for a while, normal recovery was 1 1/2 year, but if ML wants the doctor to do it faster it can take for 6 months. He chose the 6 months.
    So only few people know that MC will recover for 6 months (ML, MC, doctor, grandma He) but I don't remember if Fushun knows about it… But while MC is recovering there some incidents, where Fushun looked for maids to serve ML, it will be fine and MC understands it, but there is catch they all have similarities to MC (temperament, lips, eyebrows, body, and the worst eyes) he even got one with similar eyes to MC trained in massage. That piss off the MC and she show her distressed to ML and that cause him in realizing Fushun plans… and as punishment he didn't live in his courtyard and didn't let Fushun served him, so he can realized the importance of MC to ML, with the explanation and persuasion of grandma He on how Fushun cared for ML since child its MC who let go first and help Fushun to serve ML again (to also show she is not petty)
    After recovering MC tried lots of things to get pregnant with grandma He's help and it works, she got pregnant immediately, and that's the start.
    While fighting with Fushun ML lives in MC's courtyard and have MC's room change into main room of that courtyard (so here's the thing, concubines can only live in side room of that courtyard and share that courtyard with other concubines, but MC lives in the side room of a courtyard with no one else which I think is a big deal) and he never leave and he stays with MC even going as far as moving most of his things there… So MC is already living in a courtyard, but after getting pregnant the other courtyard in their back is merged into their courtyard and ML had a high wall build around that two courtyards, he also have lake, garden, pavilion and kitchen build inside… Fushun invited a woman who is expert in taking care of pregnancy live with them it also includes grandma He and her apprentice… No one can come and go easily, they must have ML or Fushun permission.
    While pregnant MC can't go out and no one from outside the courtyard can know about her pregnancy… she is confused but she trusted ML…
    I think at first ML plan to hide her pregnancy to everyone, so even after one of the prince ascend and starts killing the others, with MC and their child no one knowing their existence can survive and escape… But he changed his mind after feeling their child kick… He starts fighting for that throne…
    They live like husband and wife in that courtyard, ML tells MC that to protect them no one must know about their baby for now, The woman is expert at pregnancy (lets call her Pregnancy Expert or PE) and grandma He take care of her foods intake and exercise, but there is weird thing… Her belly is bigger than normal so they have a doctor check it… and surprise surprise its a twins… so she need more care that even ML shows his distress for her…
    After giving birth the babies are thin and small, because of the controlled food intake, both ML and MC are so distressed, thankfully its under PE and GH (grandma He) 's control, they have the twins small for MC to give birth more easily and have MC breastfeed them in day time and milk maids in night for them to be healthy and its effective…ML loves their twins, but he spoiled the baby girl Yiyi the most, because she looks like MC especially the eyes while the baby boy Haner is always close MC… when they're teething baby Yiyi always bites ML's hand while baby Haner bites his own thumb secretly, so Fushun have butcher cut beef tendon in different shapes to be their teething toy… when its time for them to learn crawling, at first MC became distressed because they didn't learn to crawl immediately until they realized the reason… the twins see its unnecessary to learn because everyone will give them their wants and needs immediately, so they starts not giving them their toys unless they move for it (Yiyi even tried to attack ML with cuteness to help her out, ML runaway)… in the picking ceremony (baby will choose from different items, to know future interest) Haner choose a jade seal while Yiyi was key…
    But here's the thing if a prince has child they must send the word to the emperor to have them recorded in the imperial gynecology, ML did not do that, aside from the doctor and people inside the courtyard no one know the babies existence…
    MC feels like their are a canary in cage, but ML asked her to trust him.

When the the twins are 3 or 4 years old… ML secretly take them out of the mansion(?) and they go to a town… MC thought that they are just having outing, but ML suddenly said that they mother and children will stay here for a while and wait for him to return… MC feeling confuse and scared do what ML think he heard from some men where women first cried then make trouble and then threaten to hang herself but instead MC is "me and your children will jump to the river"…
    So ML gave up and decided to bring her back… but surprise surprise the maid with the same eyes with MC is there wearing similar clothes…
    MC was so sad and mad, thinking ML is throwing them and choosing this younger maid, she asked ML if this the reason he never allowed anyone to know about the twins, are they some outside secret family that he will never show in public, that the twins will not be even recognized as his children(?) (this make me cry, but I forgot some of them :p)… ML stay quiet and let her misunderstand…
    MC asked spring grass (her first maid, she have three close maid Lilac is the leader, Du lang(?) is the who usually do outside the courtyard work, and spring grass is the one who take care of her when she was still a maid, she is the youngest but she is like baby sister to MC) to take "the box" the maid even tried to stop her saying "what are you doing in my room?", Spring Grass bit** slap her , take the the box and they leave (guards, guard captain, Lilac, Spring Grass, MC and the Twins… Du Lang stay there)…
    They return to the town without ML… MC asked the guards to look for a courtyard with a good location, they are confused but still follow her, Lilac asked Spring Grass what's in "the box"… Spring Grass explain on how before MC became concubine she plan to save money and buy a courtyard after she came to age that end her service as a maid, she also tell Lilac on how she also save some but not able get it… Lilac and others realized that MC didn't plan to climb ML's bed and she already had a plan… the guards find a courtyard in East (something) street… MC gave them copper or silver to buy it, she also ask them (or Lilac?) to buy some basic necessities… aside from the box MC send back everything to ML even her favorite hairpin that ML personally choose and gave her…
    ML seeing that hairpin was thinking of why MC is doing that and wanting to asked her if she is throwing him away (or abandoning him) (I forgot if he cried, but I remember he feels emotional)…
    While on MC's side they already have all basic necessities, so she decided to move on that courtyard with the twins, Lilac and Spring grass… the guards is confused when they got locked outside and asked to live…
    MC decided to live a simple life from then on… she thinks she's not able to see ML having other woman and becoming indifferent to their children (like the saying ones you have stepmother you will also have stepfather?)… while ML have the guards protect them and report to him regularly…
    I will just remind everyone that Lilac and Spring Grass are not kitchen maids so technically none of them know how to cook and MC knows only few dishes…
    They introduced themselves as sisters and MC is a widow (ML: I am still alive)… slowly they got used in living there, they learn to cook from neighbors and the twins have lots of playmates… while the guards need to protect them become suspicious people in the eyes of the neighbors so they decided to buy a courtyard there, and ML reading the reports is the only thing that relax him but worrying about their children forgetting him and the neighbors advising MC to remarry while the kids is young…
    There's a boy that got closed to the twins he is a kid of a pork vendor who is a single father… he usually eats dinner with them because his father come late, but father always give some pork to MC in exchange for taking care of his kid and it seems he also like MC, neighbors recommend him… ML got worried come suddenly…
    He came at night when the single father giving MC another pork and he was like I am her husband… so the guy leave and MC wordlessly let him in and the twins reaction (priceless :ROFLMAO:)…
    The twins look at him for awhile before Haner recognized him and tells Yiyi "his is dad" and Yiyi was like "daddy where have you been? Are you working? Then where is Yiyi's delicious food? (She learn this from neighborhood kids)and
    High and Mighty Jing Wang got speechless… they eat and ML saw how his children already learning to use spoon and how the dishes is simple (Lilac and Spring Grass, usually join them… but hiding at the kitchen this time)… he watch MC wash the children and help her a bit and put them into sleep, mind you their are not talking… MC got ready to sleep and goes in the inner side of the bed(I forgot when she gave him the newly bought men's inner clothes, in his first or second visit so…)they are still not talking until MC cried (I think) and they did it… she woke up not seeing him… she's pretty angry… but when she is talking to the neighbors wives about her having husband, she saw the twins sharing some pastries to the kids, she asked them where they got that and they were like daddy earn money to bought this :ROFLMAO:
    ( I don't remember if return the next night or few nights after)…
    But he finally explained everything… ML had that maid live there as decoy of MC… and the fight to the throne is already fierce so he was worried and wants them to go to that town so they can escape or runaway if something happened to him or he failed to get the throne and he will pick them up if he succed …
    MC asked about him… why can't they go and runaway together… what will the kids do if something happened to him… growing up without a father?…
    Then ML explain that as a royalty he have pride and will not runaway… even if he runaway… he is sure that the prince who will bocome emperor will hunt him down… he doesn't want them to live that kind of life (I'm crying here :cry:)…
    MC understand and asked him what about now… why did come here suddenly if there are a lot of things he need to do…
    ML said he is worried their children will forget him and for her to remarry and also everything's over…When Jin Wang rebelled, the Crow Prince is killed by Jin Wang, While Jin Wang is killed by an unknown guard's arrow (I think this ML's doing), Qin Wang blood brother of Jin Wang helped him in rebellion got his one arm cut off(?)… so there is only two prince available… Yun Wang is cowardly but Jing Wang can't speak… then this retired official that served in ML's place… come telling the emperor that the truth Jing Wang can speak… and he make Jingzhou(?) prosperous… everyone is surprised, emperor summoned ML and after testing him, he give him the crown prince title…MC and the twins also travel with ML… but she didn't stay in the palace… the wangfei and other concubines come, but all of them is wondering where the MC is… while traveling to the capital they found out that MC is pregnant so PE and GH also came…
    After ML became crown prince, MC finally come… everyone is surprise when they found out that ML already have children and his concubine is pregnant… they can finally show their children to the world

D*mn I can't believe I'm able to spoil this without reading it again… I forgot to include Lilac's spoiler
    Lilac got together with guard captain Z something…it starts when they are still East something street… the guards bought a courtyard across MC to better protect them… they tell the neighbors that they are brothers… being concerned the neighbors starts matchmaking Lilac and the guard captain… but they did not got together until MC's and ML's third child was born and MC became queen…
    While the other two girls doesn't want to get married… Du Liang came in Jing Wang mansion when she was a kid, so she do not know what's gonna happen outside… and Spring Grass is still young.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  7. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the Mc end up having any Interactions with the previous household she used to work for?

EzadKiel_loveblue56 likes this.
  8. EzadKiel_loveblue56

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes… but I need to do something right now… so I feel spoil this later

Elv likes this.
  9. Pristine Xia

Pristine Xia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking to this spoiler.. already mtl from chapter 76-100.. taking a break at the moment

10. Udah

Udah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know about this too. Does anyone can answer it?

11. Lilly1234

Lilly1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Later when ML become an emperor. The family wanted to take advantage of FL and they wanted more power so they kinda blackmail FL and spread rumors.
    ML expose the family and in the end they will lose their title and become commoner.

12. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, really? Can you give more details, like when they first saw her and their reaction at first, and how they where doing so far. How did they come up with blackmailing her, was it the the fourth young masters mothers idea? Weren’t they afraid of it failing?

13. Lilly1234

Lilly1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Okay, I read this a long time so there maybe some confusion and all details I remember.
    Madam: Fourth Young Master Mother
    These events start from chapter 149-?

During the full moon of the second child of FL, She saw the pervious Madam. The Madam felt that FL was beautiful and familiar but she didn’t remember from where she saw FL.

Madam wasn’t sure about FL since a lot years went by so she called her son and aunt bi yuan to confirm. So they painted her portrait but from the portrait it showed her features but girl was quite young and skinny so she couldn’t be sure so She asked madam Qu to look for Aunt Wang (The maid who was working in the kitchen and had a good relationship with FL).

So Madam Qu sent a maid to get information from Aunt Wang, But Aunt wang was cautious and didn’t help much and Madam almost let go of this subject until Madam Qu said the FL had quite beautiful eyes so Madam finally had the confirmation.

Later a Grand festival was held in the palace, Where Madam went to FL where she said to her that she looked familiar but FL said she was mistaken, The conversation was cut short since the princess fell in the water.

FL decided to tell ML everything about her past how she was sold and where she worked and about the Madam because she believed that there shouldn’t be any misunderstandings between them. Also ML said he kinda knew because Fushun checked her past perviously.

After that Some guy came claiming to be relative of Aunt wang and came buy her contact but they didn’t allow Aunt wang to be free. Madam was called back to her maternal home and her family decided her niece to enter palace as concubine. Later FL has control of Palace since empress is sick and Madam came to see FL and asked to let her niece enter palace. But FL refused so Madam spread some rumors about origins of FL. Madam and Concubine Qiao Xian joined hands and conspire in spreading rumors. Master (Madam husband) when heard of rumors he was furious and their house was surrounded by royal guard they were accused of framing royal concubine (FL).

FL called Concubine Qiao Xian into her palace and chatted. During the interrogation of Madam she confessed to everything. It was discovered that second madam of Xiao Family also took part in spreading rumors(Xiao Family is the queen family) (ML let situation escalated so he eliminates all threats.

Then Aunt wang was called and talked about FL on how she was wronged and she was only hardworking girl but implicated because Madam wanted to calm grievances of Fourth Master Wife.

Madam was sentenced to death along serval maids and some were sent to border. Concubine Qian Xain lost her title and Xiao family lost military power. Madam Maternal Family was collapsed and Master lost his position. Aunt Wang gained her freedom.

There are side stories about Fourth Master.
    Basically he lost everything and no women cared about him Anymore since he became poor. His Wife stuck by him even refused going back to her maternal home and helped Fourth Master to study and she worked by running a food stall and bought book and pen for fourth master and they had a few children. He took the exam and become an official and good husband to his wife.
    At first his wife wanted to see Fourth Master despair( He was a trash and quite horrible to her) but she couldn’t do that since she loved him very much so she stuck by him.

14. dream00

dream00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt like it because it didnt seems realistic because at first she knows her status and decide to stay in the shadows not stirring attention then she sneaks another glance to the enuch what leads to her to be selected after being favored she wants to monopolies his love and attention yet she forget her origins and so then she becoming more and more greedy she wants children and forgots that there is still the ligetimate wife if she gots wind of her having babies she can take them away from her
    I dont know because you still have to think by the way they lived in the past its like reading the chinese version of Cinderella why all the mc has to end as enpresses

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  15. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    bro what are you on about?

16. dream00

dream00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of minglan was much better

czeihne likes this.
  17. JuuHachi

Reading List:
    Link
    bro i can't understand you

18. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she means that the story doesn’t follow the principles and rules of that time. The MC went from a girl who new and acknowledged her low status to a lovesick/brain dead woman that forgot her position in that society. I also kind of agree that it’s strange that the MC became empress at the end, she doesn’t have the fitting Nobel familial background for the empress position, but I guess the author doesn’t care about it.

19. JuuHachi

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I think we should all wait for the novel to be finished in translation before we call the MC lovesick/braindead considering that the author themselves said that Xiao Hua wouldn't start acting as she did during the separation arc

eagerreadergirl likes this.
  20. Haziel21

Haziel21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh, I kinda agreed and understand with your point on the "sneaks another glance to the eunuch" part. She kinda bought to herself. But on another perspective, she probably want a better job prospective and earned more money for her future sake. But, I disagreed when you said she becoming more greedy and forget her place when she wanted to sire ml's children. I don't see any problem for her desire to have children with the man that she in love with. Besides, she is a low class maid who turns to a concubine and not some noble class lady who entered the household with dowry and powerful family. Of course, mc wanted something as a "security" to continue staying with ml, i.e. by having a child. Even a legitimate wife need to have a child in order to secure her place as the legal wife. So what's the problem if mc wants to secure her place too? And since when a concubine cannot have children if the legal wife did not have children first.

While on the last part where mc became the empress, personally, I did not mtl this novel and only read the translated version and spoilers. So, it kinda illogical since mc is a low birth and does not have the suitable background to be an empress (at that point of time). So, I'm gonna wait how the author gonna justify that.

I don't get it why the need for you to compare this novel with minglan. It is totally different type of story and plot wise.

eagerreadergirl and rock.doll like this.