Spoiler Why Fall in Love if You Can Attend Tsinghua University

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, May 5, 2020.

1. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Su lan died saving her boyfriend from suicide. She fell when the boys mother pulled him hard from the railing. The boyfriend went crazy. He can't understand anything, overly aggressive and self harming. Only time he stops harming himself is when he have hallucinations of su lan being near. But that lasts for a few moments. He doesn't even recognize his parents or reacts when called his name. Only thing he remembers is his dead girlfriend.

2. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fvk so sad.

3. tereshi

tereshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got better over time, but MC was still reluctant to trust her mother ever since she slapped her in school. At first, her mother thought she didn't do anything wrong and only blamed her cousin. Then after that incident MC became cold towards her mother. There a few instances later like one time, when MC ranked 1st during the examinations, her mother even asked her if she cheated which showed she still had no faith in her daughter.
    I think it was when mc stepsister's schemes were exposed that she realized how she failed as a mother. She then tries her best to help and support the MC. Also, it was her mom who first approved of the ML ^^

4. tereshi

Reading List:
    Link
    After "mc" stopped causing trouble and then took her studies seriously, her step brother started treating her well. There may have been some issues since MC's stepsister kept sticking to him and acting like a green tea b*tch. Like how she would call MC jiejie in front of the brother and acted hurt when MC didn't like it. Her brother got a bit mad at first but mc explains how it would hurt her mother if she's in good terms with her stepsister and the mistress. After that, he understood her.
    I don't remember other details but he became really caring and protective of the MC later on. He was even annoyed when 2nd ML gets close to MC. Her brother also helped her a lot when there was a slanderous post against MC and was concerned when she had a fever during the college entrance test.
    One of the best moments for me was when he caught MC calling ML asking for advice about her friend who almost committed suicide. He told her, she could ask her brother and dad instead of some stranger.

I just finished reading the MTL so I thought I'd reply to some questions ^^

5. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How was the stepsister exposed? And what happened to her later on?

6. tereshi

Reading List:
    Link
    This happened when MC kept ranking 1st in the exams so Gu Shiyun was jealous.
    At first, there was a slanderous post on the school's forum that showed edited pics of the original MC (when she was still hanging out with her old "friends") at a bar, the students in her school kept gossiping about her and even 2 girls threw soup at her.
    MC's brother was good at computers and tries to delete the post but it kept reappearing. 2nd ML also tries to help by finding Li Wei (not sure if the name is right tho she's the one who influenced ori MC) but he couldn't search her.
    Turns out, ML already caught her and he helped MC by posting a clarification post on the forum exposing them as stepsisters and that Gu Shiyun is the illegitimate daughter. It showed the before and after pictures of Gu Family. There were also pics showing how the mistress was a "good stepmother" by giving MC gifts affecting her studies (like phones with many games and shopping apps).
    There were many screenshots of the stepsister scheming to ruin MC's life. She told Li Wei how "generous" and "rich" mc was so they should befriend her. Also, she asked them to bring MC to a nightclub and set her up with a man. If they succeed, she'll give them 100,000. Thankfully, MC escaped. The last screenshot was her asking Li Wei to make the scandal post and that she'll pay her 50,000. I think there was also a video clip of Gu Ghiyun and Li Wei meeting as proof but I'm not sure. The MTL here was a bit confusing.

Anyway, after that, students were all shocked and pitied MC. They were sorry they ever thought wrongly of her. Then the students, especially from Class 2 start got angry at Gu Shiyun. After the post, MC made an announcement on the school's broadcasting system thanks to her brother. She said she already filed a case againts Li Wei and Gu Shiyun (she was crying and scared already at this point). Unfortunately, Gu Shiyun was a minor and she never explicitly told Li Wei what to do aside from bringing her to a nightclub. So she got out on bail. There was a confrontation scene at the police station after she was released.

But ML convinces her it's okay. They'll drop the issue as long as it's on Shiyun's record and she'll have to go abroad so she won't bother the MC again. The stepsister was all okay with since her reputation is ruined and she just planned to make a comeback later. Then ML begins suppressing her dad's company (MC's stepdad and 2nd ML's family also helped) so they were bankrupt. Gu Shiyun sold her shares and got some money but it wasn't enough to keep her afloat abroad.

7. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started reading this and am grateful for all the spoilers! Personally, only like the ML when he helps MC understand a situation. Otherwise, he reminds me of the creepy older dudes that graduated from school long ago but still hangs out with high schoolers lmaoooo like sorry dude, even if ur rich and good looking, but that's creepo loser territory. I'm loving 2nd ML. The adopted brother seems decent enough. I'm hoping MC gets a female friend later in school. Sorry, but to have no gfs at her age, well any age in school, is poor characterization in my eyes. So far, most of the girls suck. I feel this is common in CN, so strange...

8. tereshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, she will have a female friend in her high school and university.
    But I agree, the ML did give off creepy vibes sometimes.

Pikiliu and iampheng like this.
  9. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about the cousin and aunty that always antagonize MC since beginning??

tereshi likes this.
  10. tereshi

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually one of my favorite parts in the novel.
    In most novels, they just end up having a bad ending but in this one, they "kind of" reconciled. It took a while though but I remember one scene where MC talks to her cousin at their grandparents place. Her cousin was sitting at the balcony or something (this was MTLd so it may not be accurate and I forgot some parts already). The cousin caused a lot of trouble, was sent to a different school but she never changed. So she ended up ostracized in the new school and did not have friends. Her family even thought of sending her to a mental hospital but her mother refused. After talking with MC, she became more clearheaded I suppose. They still aren't friends but as least her cousin was no longer depressed. When the MC left her at the balcony, the mother was actually listening and even thanked her. She was the only one who believed her daughter wasn't crazy. (Again this mtl so may not be accurate. I'm also waiting for the translations haha)

11. Yuunayoon

Yuunayoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's such a pity it ended before FL gets to MIT. I need to see FL makes some history in the academic world to motivate myself learning math:cry:

emmyazzy likes this.
  12. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  13. emmyazzy

emmyazzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To add on to tereshi’s spoiler, it roughly went about this(translated from my head, so it may not be hundred percent correct nor edited.) :
    When the female lead entered the Cheng family mansion, she noticed that the cousin and the aunt was very thin. The aunt hugged the child and sat in the corner. It was said that their situation was quite bad and their family is getting tired of her.

After a while, the female lead went to the washroom. After she came out of the washroom and walked by the garden, she looked up and saw the cousin sitting on the second floor’s balcony’s railings. She told her uncle (cousin’s father) that she seemed to saw the cousin sitting on the balcony’s railings. The uncle replied after being silent for a moment that FL doesn’t need to worry since the cousin always sit there crazily. The uncle feels it’s very embarrassing and worried. He wanted to send the cousin to the mental hospital but the aunt refuses to do so. The aunt and uncle’s relationship became worst as a result of that. The grandfather asked what you will do with her. The uncle replied she is my daughter I can’t possibly give up on treating her. I still have to treat her!

The female lead looked at it and was quite worried. She thought that what if she jumps. Even though she dislikes the cousin, her conscience can’t bear to see her there. She recalled that in the novel she transmigrated to, the cousin didn’t end well since how can she play against the cunning female lead (in that novel). But in the original plot, she didn’t become crazy. She was disdained by others and went abroad. The female lead recalled that in the world there isn’t many good people but she will remember those people that casually helped her. At that time, she remembered that to be a person she would be an upright person and forever remember her original intent. The cousin was wrong and she dislike her but she doesn’t want the cousin to die.

The female lead approached the cousin and said, “Cheng Min Jiao, why are you sitting there for? It’s dangerous. Quickly get down.”
    The cousin did not speak and stared at a place blankly.
    The female lead was curious and asked her what she was looking at.
    The cousin replied Seventh High school.
    The female lead was stunned and she thought that the cousin wouldn’t reply her. “Seventh high school is on vacation now. There’s no one there. You want to return back there to study?” The female lead asked.
    The cousin did not speak and the female lead dragged a chair and sat behind the railings. “Sit here and see then.” The female lead suggested.
    The cousin did not respond. The female lead thought to herself that to go with her conscience she will just help her this time. She pulled the cousin down and realised she was wearing very thin, she was very skinny and she will fall ill with how she is wearing now especially since she was sitting on the balcony railing facing the cold wind.
    Suddenly, the cousin spoke, “you really hate me right?”
    The female lead shook her head and said, “no I don’t.”
    The cousin turned her head and looked towards FL and exclaimed, “You are lying!”
    The female lead said “CMJ, you think so highly of urself. I really don’t hate you. In this year, I barely even remembered u. It’s the same as in the past. If you don’t disturb me, I wouldn’t even remember you. I’m so busy everyday. With so many interesting matters and people, why must I bother remembering you for? Then, hate you? Isn’t that just wasting my time?”
    When the cousin heard it, she threatened, “aren’t you scared that I will kill you and push you down?!”
    The female lead asked, “Hm?”
    The cousin exclaimed with an odd smile, “I’m a crazy person! If I were to kill someone, I wouldn’t need to be imprisoned!”
    The female lead looked at her and responded seriously, “but u aren’t crazy.” The cousin’s face stiffened.
    The female lead continued, “In Cheng family, there’s no one that is crazy. The Cheng family’s genetics are very exceptional. Your mother’s genes may be slightly bad but it doesn’t have any genetic problems. You are very similar to (female lead’s brother) and it can be seen that you are exceptional as well. Even though your mother isn’t that smart, it doesn’t have anything to do with being crazy.”
    The female lead pats on her shoulder, “it is said that you say that you are jealous of me and gone crazy. I think you are just depressed.”
    After which, the female lead looked at her disdainfully, “with the same genetics, my elder brother is so amazing and you are just like this. I can easily see that your mother’s genetics are so terrible.”
    The cousin stood there blankly at the railings. The female lead lightly pulled her off the railings partly because she was very light. The cousin responded, “All of them said I am crazy...”
    the female lead chided, “all of them say you are crazy so you are crazy? You are so stupid.” Then, the female lead rolled her eyes.
    The female lead said, “CMJ, you have no issues. It’s just psychological problem. Why are you jealous of me? Because I’m better than you? But you used to be better than me. I’m envious of you but I didn’t become like you. I know you are feeling uncomfortable, people disdain you, look down on you, avoid you. But all of these was what (female lead’s name) had experienced.”
    The female lead continued, “but now I’m better. Other people only remembered my current self. This world is so big. How could people keep keeping an eye on you. Dont keep keeping an eye on others and look a yourself. Others won’t look at you. There’s so many gossips and good things happening to people. But they have to study, everyone is so busy. They wouldn’t keep looking at you. Even if they keep staring at you, what about it? The cold shoulder you experienced, after a few years, others may not even remember you.” The female lead stood up and was about to leave.
    “CMJ, you have given up on yourself. Other than your mother who suffers with you, who cares about you?”
    As she was about to go down the stairs, the cousin called out, “GXJ” “what is it again?”
    “GXJ, my mother’s genetics is... actually quite good.” “...” the cousin smiled and the female lead told her “it’s better if u don’t smile.”
    The cousin said, “GXJ, I still don’t like you.”
    The female lead smiled and said, “Such a coincidence. I don’t like you either.”

As she passed by the bedroom, she saw the aunt kneeling on the floor. She saw and was about to walk away.
    Then the aunt said, “ GXJ...thank you...”
    The aunt had all the while believed that her daughter isn’t crazy she was just a bit depressed. So in whatever case she didn’t allow her husband to send her to the mental hospital. But whatever she does to CMJ, she didn’t get any better. Nobody believed her and CMJ didn’t believe her as well. In the end, the person who can awaken CMJ was the person she was the most jealous of and the “source of the illness” GXJ.
    The female lead heard it and her steps paused for a second as she continued to stride out.

Honestly, I think what the FL said is very true. People will tend to forget about such a thing and years later people may not even remember those that they talked bad about. FL's cousin should move on and focused on herself.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  14. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s a hell of fulfilling novel, I just finished MTLing and I’m crying buckets.

The novel ends with MC and ML going to USA so Mc can study under the scientist researching constellations with math or something like this (I remember MC’s step brother gives her a book about this), but the extras go until MCs death (and MLs death 10 years before hers, so, yeah, I cried buckets).

The drama about MCs stepsister and cousin-in-law (the Chen one) end pretty fast.

The cousin ends up shooting her own feet with all her jealousy. Because MCs only gets better and better (first place almost always, first prize in math competition and all), and cousin can’t accept. Cousin badmouths her and ends up being avoided by other students. MC keeps doing great and she just can’t accept, so, she gets depressed. Everyone think she is crazy because of her erratic behavior, even she believes so, but one day MC talks to her and she realizes she is just depressed because she couldn’t accept reality due her jealousy. Never heard of her after that.

The stepsister, well... after being suppressed so much by MC (grade, appearance, etc) and being under her mother pressure (because her mother can’t accept MC being better than her daughter and bla bla bla), she decides crush MCs reputation by publishing Orig-Mc pictures (red hair, heavy make up, etc) and distorting the truth (saying MC slept around, went to night clubs, etc). To do that, she pays the bad girl that used to hung out with MC to make a forum post about it. It works for a while, only few people believe MC, but soon ML takes action. He post a clarification (not personally of course) with a lot o prove that MCs step sister is behind everything: from the beginning she paid the bad girl to befriend orig-MC and lead her to the wrong path. Orig-MC didn’t really went through this wrong path (she was forced to go to the night club, never slept away, just dressed “badly” and all. She was insecure and just wanted to be loved), but her appearance and inability to express herself well was enough for people to judge her. Oh, people didn’t know MCs stepsister was her stepsister (mistress daughter) until this point, but the post also revealed this. The number one guy from class 2 refused to stay in the same room as her after that and everyone was feeling sad for MC (her family was blaming themself for not noticing or caring enough and MCs mother began to realize she is a bad mother). Anyway, MC called the police, but they only could prosecute the bad girl and not stepsister, so they made a deal: stepsister leave the country and what happened is recorded on her file (this means she would not be accepted anywhere as student or worker) + MCs father break his relationship with MC. Stepsister accepts because she knows she can’t escape having this recorded, but she can still study abroad and inherit her fathers company later to get revenge. However, they didn’t know that ML suggested this solution to MC because he planned to make MCs bio dad company went bankrupt. Just after stepsister left, ML acted and MCs bio dad was finished. Only misery was left. Stepsister managed to sell her shares before the company went bankrupt (which accelerated the bankruptcy as even the family was selling their shares) and had some money. She basically abandoned her dad and mother, but didn’t end well. I didn’t fully understand her state at the extra, just that ML managed to ban her from going back to China and that she was miserable.

MC took the math competition first prize forth position (there are 5 first prizes, her brother took the second position) and passed her college exam breaking the record (732 - ML didn’t hold the previous record because he didn’t make the essay about family as his family was a mess at that time). She choose the T college in Beijing. YT (the basketball guy) choose a college in Beijing too, however, MC knew his best option was Fudan in Shanghai and told him he should go to that college (and not the one in Beijing). He got mad because he choose the Beijing one to be closer to her and she knew that, however, she felt burdened by his choice. YT run away (even before he could declare himself, just because he was mad) and left MC in the middle of the rain. MC tried to follow, but somehow hurt her leg and she also cried. She knew he liked her and she liked him too and if YT declared himself instead of running away, she would probably accept (or at least think about it), but he didn’t declare himself and only made her sad. ML found her and carried her to his house. ML also explained love telling her the little prince story (roses x fox). “Love” is explained by narrator MC as a little bud. MCs feelings for YT born as a little bud without MC notice it. It was there, but needs nourishment. YTs bud faded (with time) instead of flourishing and if compared with true love, it was nothing. It didn’t took long to Mc realize she and YT didn’t fit together. He was too immature and impulsive, he didn’t true understand MC. Later even more as he went to Fudan and MCs family moved to Beijing (while his family remained in their original city And he would inherit his father’s business and she wished to remain in Beijing).

She proved Fernets (?) theorem after in her first semester all by herself and won a prize.

ML feelings for Mc were revealed to her my MLs niece (he was so mad at she and her family, because at this point ML was still playing slow, cocking chicken in cold water, but they messed his plans and made MC hide herself). MC took a while to accept and open herself to her feelings for ML. After that, things just go by, you know? No big dramas, just small things. By the end MC graduates, marries ML and both go to USA. Then the extras talk about Mc and MLs life in USA, their son’s POV and their death.

ML died 10 years before Mc. He had dementia(?), but never forgot MC. He left a 10 years plan for MC because he knew MC didn’t many things she wanted for him (she was still very busy after marrying and many times spend long times away from home. She only retired when ML got dementia(?)). They were very happy til the end.

Their only son born when ML was 35 years old by the way. ML waited a whole 6 years for MC and and Mc decided to marry him by surprise on her graduation day because she was leaving to USA for two years and was afraid he was too insecure and sad about their relationship. She had no idea ML knew the whole time, opened a branch in USA and was going with her. Between the seven days from the marriage (civil) and MCs departure, she let him do what she wanted. She went to the airport with soft legs (her family was blushing because they knew the reason). She was sad ML didn’t appeared to say goodbye, but then he appeared by her side in the airplane and explained he opened a branch in USA at the same day she took the Toelf exam XD.

Wow! I wrote too much >_< my English is far from perfect, I hope you don’t mind!

15. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

omg thank you!!! That was so cute and fulfilling. So sad they died tho, which I knew would happen but some novels never go that far. Mega cute

16. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers!!!

17. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, pretty fulfilling! I always cry buckets when they go until the very end, the death. Out of sight out of mind I guess.

There are few parts that I didn't enjoy so much, however. The second male ending up alone, the stepbrother that seemed to like MC - the narrator say so, but he never showed a hint about it and at some point, I felt sorry for ML and their son (I felt that ML always walked 99 steps and MC just 1 and, well, MC gave them so little time that the father and son had to fight for it).

I loved the way the novel dealed with MCs and her mothers relationship. Something broke for good there and yes, MC forgave her mother, but it took years and scar never left completely. All novels I read before fixed the broken relationships to a perfect state - which I honestly think is impossible. Also, the novel showed how the ignorance and almost indifference of orig-MCs family lead her to her demise. Because nobody really cared, because it was too complicate / bothersome for them, orig-Mc never felt loved or even realized what was happening. Truly sad.

I felt the novel pretty real. There are many bad decisions there and all those have consequences. One decision, one second and everything can change. So cherish, love and care before its gone forever. Things take time: to heal, to learn, to grow up. And you don't have to forgive things that hurt you.

tereshi likes this.
  18. Deleted member 295969

Deleted member 295969 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  19. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's this side couple?

20. tereshi

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, the girl (su lan) is one of MC's roommates in university. After she died, I think she stopped living in the dorms.