Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Sappho

Sappho Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I’ll post on the new thread.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    neru74 likes this.
  2. Linmikooo

Linmikooo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s very true most of the spoiler threads are alive because of the speculations and discussions. I think most people just find it irritating to read through blocks and pages of texts in search of spoilers.

Personally I find the discussions in between pretty interesting even though it can get kind of crazy. :blobjoy::blobjoy:

emersy, Furiae19, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  3. missingmeso

missingmeso Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol nop , i don't get how they defend her , ppl can have their own opinions,still, trust me irl if their sister/close friend was the same they would call her toxic and go as far as throw fists ;):LOL:
    But i understand you, you're not alone.

4. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers , I feel disappointed, ALL THESE PAGES HAVE FEW TO NO SPOILERS LIKE BRUH , any spoilers anyone?

ArguingApples, Aeuria and Pansy25 like this.
  5. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS CHAPTERS 109 AND 110

Yulan is still in the Cathedrale, looking at the Saintess (a statue) that he hate because she didn't help Violet. He don"t care if his love for Violet did not make it in this timeline, he still want to save her. Apparently, before Violet sentence was decided both Yulan and Marin where interogated as the people closest to the accused. Marin was expelled from the family (fired from her job) and taken in by Yulan. They both are more and more frustated by all the nobles who made Violet the villainess an then quicly forgot about her, praising the pure and kind hearted Mari-jun instead for sparing her sister the death penalty. He want to turn back time to help Violet find hapiness, thinking that this time he won't give her to anyone, nor the Prince or God. He break the statue of the Virgin. He enevntually fall into a dream state and wake up one year in the past. First he is confused, thinking it is only a dream, but then he got proof that it is real ans swear to himself he will get it right this time around.

Bastian, takerin37, Nukuchan and 30 others like this.
  6. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd agree that the hatred for MJ and the prince can be toned down a little, but I totally get why its there and agree that they're the most frustrating characters.

They're not evil or malicious, and don't deserve rape and whatever else people have said. But they do come off as sanctimonious, with their defining traits being thoughtlessness and self-interest.

On MJ, she just comes off as willfully blind. It doesn't take much EQ to go 'Oh, Vio's mom just died and then we all immediately rocked up and usurped her mother's place in the household. Dad abandoned her in favor of me and clearly treats her coldly... she likely has some negative feelings towards me and this situation'. Logically none of this is MJ's fault, but emotions aren't all that logical. And yet she tries to glomp onto Vio and seems to expect Vio to spoil her like her parents do. The stuff she says about people looking down on commoners isn't wrong, but its hard to ignore that it also serves her position. If she ever acknowledges that her dear parents did wrong by Vio I would dearly love to hear it.

Like Yulan said in the manga, it seems like the prince's justice is really just a form of selfishness. It feels good to think of yourself of a hero. But we see time and time again that he is quick to jump to conclusions and just do things without thinking them through. In general it takes thought and consideration to really do good, not just going with the first kneejerk idea that gives you the warm fuzzies. And his attitude towards Vio, absolutely distaining her when she's into him but then getting into her when she stops really does not speak well of him. And I don't think her change in behavior can really be much of a reason as, if I have the timeline right, Vio didn't engage in any cliché villainess acts until MJ came on the scene and she started going off the deep end. So in this timeline there shouldn't have been a big drastic change in her behavior other than not pursuing him.
    The two of them just really need a metaphorical slap up the head.

The truth is that thoughtless good intentions can easily cause as much or more harm that actual ill intent. Sometimes the intentions are inconsequential.

I'm not trying to whitewash Vio too much, but to me it seems like the murder attempt was framed as a psychotic break. Obviously murder=bad. But its hard not to give her some sympathy when it seems like her actions were the result of being seriously mentally unwell (hence why pleading insanity is an actual legal defense). Weirdly, being in prison was probably good for her. For once she was actually out of the situation and had a chance to reflect and get her head on strait. But even now it seems like she has PTSD flashbacks. In the present timeline it seems like she genuinely repents her actions and can recognize at least logically that MJ is an innocent who never deserved her vitriol.

7. Sappho

Sappho Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it confirmed that Vio would end up with Yulan? She realized her feelings for Yulan in the novel but in the manga it looks like Claudia is the ML so I was wondering if she’s going to end up with him. I hope she sticks with Yulan though. Yulan’s yandere tendencies are pretty disturbing but he’s still much better than the dumb prince.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  8. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    In the webnovel she fell in love with Yulan and realized that she actually never loved the Prince. So he has a great chance of being the ML. For the manga, I don't think it will go in the Prince road either, but who know. I really hope not because Yulan is the best of the two and the one who deserve her. The Prince is generic and way too self-centered as well as full of prejudice. He will most likely have character development but it won't be enough to make him a realistic and acceptable love interest.

nielyti, bochucha, ariane09 and 12 others like this.
  9. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mind. Blown. I might just start reading this story again despite my dislike of the main characters which include Prince Claudia and MJ. You addressed the character flaws of Yulan and Vio as character flaws rather than excusing their behavior as justified merely because of the time and place in which they grew up. Plus you pointed out reasonable arguments for why Claudia and MJ's actions can certainly be more self serving than they originally appear. One point I think I disagree on however is the suggestion that there needs to be something intrinsically 'wrong' with a person before they'll hit a breaking point. In our society of course, mental illness is considered a dirty secret that should be hidden away as much as possible. To say that Vio had a mental illness before she attacked.MJ makes it sound as if the mental illness is the sole thing responsible for what happened to the latter and none of the people who belittled and demeaned Vio in her last life are responsible for their actions at all.

10. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When does Vio realize she likes Yulan??

11. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I do not remember the chapter. But I believe it was when Maryjun started getting interested in him.

12. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New Chapter Up CH 111
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8433eb/115/

We get a little more about Violet's family life, seems she is singled out to be picked on by the family over minor things like being a little late

On the upside she's definitely noticed Yullian and is going all out to make herself look good for him and herself

Speculation: MJ is going to get dad to intervene maybe off camera, bet we will see him interjecting and likely complaining Violet is making her sister look bad

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Bastian, Dobokan, takerin37 and 11 others like this.
  13. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THX!

kawaii12345 likes this.
  14. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one precious comment was the ANSWER for all who seek the novel spoiler but got endless repeated discussions about the characters
    SAVE YOUR TIME BY TRANSLATING THIS PAGE

ArguingApples, maecasano and Sappho like this.
  15. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CH 112 up
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8433eb/116/

Well definitely called her father's actions. She goes to breakfast looking good he gives her a sermon. MJ compliments her but doesn't intercede against the father

edit: (Personally and not from the chapter, I really hope her mother's will is set up to bestow her wealth to Vio, when she comes of age)

Next up it goes into an exploration of Vio's gender confusion?? and her love for Yullian

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  16. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, was there any mention on her mother's will?
    Though I wouldn't put my faith on that woman. She only cared about her husband.
    Plus, it might have been different back then. Don't know if you can just leave your inheritance to whomever you want.

17. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That one line Sengoku (From HoriMiya) something that goes "the clueless is the the greater evil" hits right on the mark regarding MaryJun (I hate her, she can just gtfo for all I care). Any person at her age or may be younger would have the decency to put an effort of intervention. But nope, she just sitting there sipping tea with her abused sister. And the prince too, he felt longing after Vio stopped clinging to him? Utter trash.

18. Sappho

Sappho Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR. The author dropped obvious hints about MJ’s cleverness (violin prodigy from nothing in a few days, top of the class without privileged background) and some people still think she has no idea what’s going on. She and the idiot prince deserve each other.

ariane09, WinnieS and kawaii12345 like this.
  19. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I really want to see is the father getting his comeuppance. I don't care about the stupidly oblivious sister since she's the typical case of a nonsensical self-righteous idiot that's all bark and no bite. However, it would be nice if someone would slap some sense into her and make her realize that the world isn't just a black-and-white place.

20. Lord Diarmuid

Lord Diarmuid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel really ongoing for more than 3 years already? 123 chapters on syosetu and Vio and Yulan still aren't together? Patience is a virtue, waiting is torture. :blobcry:

DOHere, WinnieS, Mikaa and 6 others like this.