Spoiler Tyrannical Wang’s Beloved Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Yadomi

Yadomi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks

2. DLAngel

DLAngel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be. He seems more like the type to keep her locked up and away from everyone but himself. If he ever kills her he'll probably end up going mad

3. samira01

samira01 ♥**MangaLover** ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoiler...

And thank you for sharing this info with us, it sounds very interesting indeed!

4. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. He wants MC to sit at the highest position. Even turn her into a female Empress and let himself become her subordinate. He wants her brilliance, her intelligence and her wonderous creations (like the paintings, binoculars etc etc) to be under her name. He gets awfully pissed coz her brother was given the credit for a 'new' painting style Gongbi style. He doesn't want MC locked up inside, he wants her open and enjoying all she wants but only with him on the side.

And MC is low-key yandere lmao. We don't realise it until she starts falling for ML and then straightaway tell him - Bitch, u mine or u dead. Yes, *that* *direct*. And I have read some spoilers that she becomes *worse* as the book progresses. So yeah she may not be as obvious as ML but make no mistake, if ML even thinks of getting a floozy, he and the floozy better get ready to get their throats slit. And MC has killed before in their first lifetime.

As long as MC loves ML, she can do *anything* that doesn't involve taking in a second lover and ML will only help her and assist her. The only way ML could go crazy enough to kill MC is if she takes in a lover / dies.

nicomcla1995 and Blood A like this.
  5. DLAngel

DLAngel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. That's why the furthest he would ever rationally go, is locking her up. The only reason he doesn't is because he wants to do everything to make her happy and is trying his best to keep his possessiveness in check. He won't allow himself to do it.

Even if she does end up fancying another guy, he probably still won't kill he though. He'll most likely kill the guy and lock her up, even if doing so would make her unhappy.
    After all, she can only be his. Can only have him in her heart, mind and soul. He's only been tolerating everyone else.

6. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really liking the story so far but the knowing 'The love gu arc' from the spoilers is making me put the story on hold from time to time.

Also, reading about the son from ML's first time line is kinda sad I hope the author give him a good closure. I kinda putting my hate on ML because of that yet at the same time i can't really blame how he viewed his son because of the circumstances.

Can anyone spoil some dialogues and scenes about the son from first timeline?

nicomcla1995, StarrEyed and Blood A like this.
  7. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Than you so much for the spoilers!!

8. PechDepi

PechDepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I need to know about Pei clan and how they end, okay I change my mind. All other can go die in a ditches. F them all. The entire Pei family should just end.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Blood A likes this.
  9. Katra1212

Katra1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished it. I'm crying, it's soo good. REALLY GOOD. The author is so good at crafting such a meticulous plot. This novel hits all my good points. The yandere was done really right. Li Hongyuan and his snake disease became the best gag but also the most painful when you realize the truth of his mental illness. There were so many memorable scenes in this novel. But the best accounts for me are:
    I cried during their "truth laid out" moment when he knelt down, meekly begging Jing Wan after telling his past. Some have said that LHY is the male version of Shen Miao from 'The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress' and in fact, some of the tropes fit him but his past life was much more tragic, because just as he achieved happiness he lost it (JW), and became a walking dead with a broken body. It's not that JW was killed, but that fate killed her. It's really reasonable he became insane. His PTSD episodes became more heartbreaking, especially during JW's pregnancy and birth.
    Their married life was really explored and developed their relationship. It was a gradual understanding of your other half, of letting your other half see the true you, whether you be ugly, beautiful, painful, sad and happy. The stages of how their feelings connect really amazed me. Their chemistry is one, but the way they give in to one another and their mutual support fills my heart with warmth. Jing Wan was never dominated, they were truly equal, ruling side by side, a true life companion.

They influence one another, just like how Jing Wan became sharper, and Li Hongyuan lost some of his edges as they grew older. Old LHY was like fine aged wine. The author like to use the idiom, when touching cinnabar will turn you red, getting close to ink will stain you black and this personified their relationship so well, bec the two of them were so mixed together. They really compliment one another.

On their 3rd life, when Jing Wang went back to the modern time, I cried bucket with her, realizing that dark hollowness and her desperation that followed after losing her other half, a partner who accompanied and truly loved her for 80 years. If the author ended there and left it OE, if LHY never appeared, then that would truly be the most painful tragedy. How could anyone survive that?
    The relationships really sustained the whole novel, it may seem confusing bec it has so many characters but after marathoning the novel, you will see their links, their changes, the cause and effect of their actions, and the reason why they turned out the way they are, it was all shades of gray, with complex of reasons that justify their actions. No one was ever truly evil, maybe aside from Consort Su and Emperor Lucheng. I really feel that the interactions in this novel, despite their deceptively normal appearance was one of the best highlights.

Even the ending, gosh, that wonderful and extensive side stories filled me to satisfaction, and still made me yearn more, crying for one more life, please?! Li Tianlin's past timeline possession was one of the best in the side stories, that tearful goodbye... still make me cry.

That little 'big' man's complicated feeling of how much waste the current Li Tainlin was compared to him, his jealousy and envy of his fortune for having JW, and his reverence and care for LHY was so well laid out. But he was a good boy all along, despite his yearnings, he knew where he truly belongs. He felt like an older brother than another Li Tianlin, just like a family that lives far away, just like the fact when he always helped the current Li Tianlin when he's in danger during his travels. A considerate and reliable son and older brother.

Seeing LHY so soft to his son, w/c he never did on his current TL son, touched something deeper than just his regret for JW's death. That one week journey outside the palace with JW when he could be a "child" and have a true childhood memories and experiences. My heart breaks and feels proud of him. Also, I think the old monk died in advance was in connection to him, or else, how could he have a chance to appear?

The schemes and politics interlinked throughout the whole novel was so well crafted. This novel delved really deep, and I like the fact that LHY was never omnipotent, his rebirth may have given him the advantage, but he was fully aware that his actions would produced ripples that will change the present, yet still, he never became overconfident or conceited. He was so steadfast on his objective, keep Qi Yuan safe so that Jing Wan will be safe, get the throne so JW wouldn't bow down to anyone, and the throne really did became add-on in the end. He even wanted to throw it away. Author, oh author, I really want to crack your head and see, how could you create a character like Li Hongyuan? He's so multifaceted, so complex that even psychologist would give up analyzing him.

My only gripe is the "gu" and Ruan Fangfei part, I was blindsided by it's/her appearance. Seemingly out of nowhere, how could such a thing not be laid out in advance, did I miss some plot holes? It was truly the case that one should never underestimate a cockroach. I felt that this part was a bit rushed, although it did give the readers how LHY is not omnipotent, and that one Su Yilin can crash his foresight and decades of planning and preparation.

As for, Su Yilin, I have endless regret for him. I feel like he's a victim. Of his family, of LHY, and Ruan Fangfei. He may have done wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that if no one instigated him, he would've been a good pillar minister, just like how he became on 1st TL. After all, he's largely the reason how Li Tianlin grew up so well. How I wished, there was another sidestory of his rebirth in another TL, where he got JW, and yes, even if I'm reluctant, LHY had to give away this time.

There also a lot of values that I disagree on. LHY and JW are late-stage narcissist, and LHY manipulation ridding JW of her confidants, despite him blatantly laying out his true intentions was a bit disturbing (true yandere style). That one maid that got (wrongfully) implicated by the sleeping Gu but was given a death sentence in the end (despite the true cause was done by another maid all along), just for the sake of not showing weakness/being too forgiving really overturned my understanding of JW. That's when I realized that influence goes both ways.

Lastly, that painting of LHY that Jin Wang was hiding, what the heck was that? I was left hanging, it never appeared in the end. (I was wondering if it was LHY's realistic nude.)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    nicomcla1995, Shekel and Blood A like this.
  10. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. He admitted that. During that time when JW walked out after hearing the truth of his past. JW thought he was seeing the 'past her' through her. At that point, she had already fallen so deep (yes, yandere too) so she cannot accept the fact that his love for her was not 'truly hers'. LHY was so, how should I say this, hysterical? He was begging her to believe in him, and later on, he admitted that if had she walked away/truly rejected him, he would disregarded her wishes and isolate and lock her up. He won't hurt her or kill her, but it will truly be a tragedy between the two of them.

He also mentioned, in another instance, if, during the time he can access JW just when he came back (rebirthed), if he wasn't so constrained (with his tyrant emperor attitude that knew no restraint) And if his time as unfavored prince didn't chiselled his negative experiences, he would've disregard her wishes and knowing JW's attitude of yielding through soft but unyielding through hard approach. The ending would be a tragedy between them. So despite the novel saying JW's 'fate' to marriage was actually 'LHY' all along, since it's his scheme but his words here overturned it.

nicomcla1995, Blood A and DLAngel like this.
  11. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    First, MC never has memories of 1st TL. But she indeed will kill later on.

Second, yes she got yandere worse later down the line. The "gu" arc was specially intense, where LHY was affected by a 'love gu' (the male gu will love the host of the female gu. It's a mind controlling gu that has never failed, unless you killed the female gu host.) MC will literally stab ML in the chest. (Tho her action is really to kill RFF). Then in the side story modern arc, she will be so domineering possessive to ML, declaring her sovereignty over ML's peach blossoms.

Third, there's a lot more that she can't do bec of ML's possessiveness, later, she isn't allowed to keep confidantes/maids, not allowed to pet any animals no matter how cute they are, not allowed to focus too much on anything, her plants, paintings, etc. aside from her grandma, his possessiveness does not allow her to get close to anyone, even to (their) her son. It's not a sudden demand but a gradual process of MC accepting ML's problem. Because it's not a quirk, it's a mental illness that she herself admitted she could not cure, for the mere fact that 'she' is his only world, nothing else matters to ML. Other than that, he did give her almost every good thing, offered her the world, the throne, make it so that people would see her as the most important, best and unique. He wanted to hide her all to himself but his desire to give her a better life triumphs that.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    nicomcla1995 and Dragon_Reader like this.
  12. Katra1212

Reading List:
    Link
    The "gu arc" is indeed a bit out of place but there's no other way, how else could you make Sun Yilin rebel?

• He never really blamed his son, he just neglected him. What LHY felt to his son in first timeline is too complicated to call it hate or indifference. He cared, in as much as he could spare. You have to understand that after MC died he became insane, he slaughtered the royal family and many of the courtiers. His life was pretty meaningless at that point but one minister/servant had the thought, and gave him his son. He was the only one that made him stop. That's the reason why he's so proficient in handling babies, he often carries his son when he's a baby.
    • Growing up, Li Tainlin inherited Jing Wan's features and kindness. But LHY wasn't like Emperor Lucheng that will love the only treasure left behind by his beloved, no, he became more withdrawn, because in the end his son was not JW. (He would comment later, that anyone sends a person that looks like JW will cause him to go more crazy and kill them himself. In his eyes, imitations are just that, fake. They were even worse than other woman who tried to climbed his bed.) Moreover, Qi Yuan in the first TL was chaotic, several countries invaded it and he spend decades on war. It caused him to let off his grief, but it also killed his emotions.
    • His son was given the best. He got the best teachers, the best servants, loyal confidantes, and a stable position as a crown prince. Aside from familial love, he was given the best of everything. LHY never indulged him. If he turned out useless he would've abandoned him, but when LHY found out he didn't have one bit of his temperament but rather JW's staid fast character. He decided to teach him the state affairs, just so he won't be taken advantage of after his death by those cunning ministers. He even collected ancient treasures that will deified/consolidate his son's rule just in case. That was the moment when a white bun with black belly was born. He may look soft but he's iron. His son is so much worse than LHY in ruling. He has JW grace but he used facts to threaten you, making all his minister bend their knees in surrender, he's a deceptive tyrant.
    • LHY at that point of time was a husk. Consort Su poisoned him so his body was basically ruined from the inside, he also have no will to live. "His eyes are like stagnant water." That was how Li Tianlin commented about his father's eyes. Still and dead eyes, he's breathing but he's not truly living. Li Tianlin respected and even revered his father. He cared for him, in as much as he could. But he suspected, and even knew the circumstances of his birth. He knew his father's obsession with his mother (JW), so he truly understood that he had no place in his father's heart.
    • Except LHY, no one knew who his mother was. Despite that, he secretly set up an unamed tablet that he worship everyday (this, LHY will only know till later.) You will love him, especially how he hates the Su, he wished he could flay Consort's Su's body and the Su family for what she's/they've done to his father. Later, after LHY found out the tablet worshipping, he told him the truth and Li Tianlin would always secretly worship JW's tomb. Afterwards...there was nothing, because LHY died, and his son secretly buried his body together with JW (LHY did not know this nor did he order it), leaving the imperial tomb empty. JW was entombed as Fu Madam until the end, that was her last wish w/c LHY fulfilled. Li Tianlin wished for them to be be at least be together after death.

His relationship to his father (LHY) can only truly be felt when he possessed (second timeline) Tianlin. That's when the readers are given the glimpse that LHY isn't as unaffected or indifferent he is to his son he left behind. He even let him kidnap (borrow) JW for a week of city tour/play just for the two mother-son to bond. (This says a lot.) The two of them have this comfortable atmosphere that current (second timeline) TL can ever hope for. (First timeline) TL is smart and can follow along his father's thoughts, he understood him too well, and can even tease/play him, that shows the a bond that the two have.

Having experience his mother's care and love, and reunion to his father, he was at first reluctant to leave it behind, and even jealous and envious that such a bratty waste boy got a jackpot. (compared to him, lil tialin was really a waste) Later on, he'll settle his feelings, and priorities. He is an emperor, and he has a responsibility to go back to take care of the legacy his father left him. He is very grateful and blessed to have experienced and be given a true childhood memories. The 16 yrs old him truly indeed became a child. His story was bittersweet to read, and his goodbye was heartbreaking, but you can't help but feel proud of him. Of how much he can stand on his own, while the child (second timeline Tianlin) may not be able to. He acted like a considered older brother here. I just wanna hug him. He even protected (2nd timeline) Tianlin at times when he was thrown out of the palace by LHY.

Coming back and seeing his mother and father's relationship, he learned that it was time for him to settle his family too. He married Sun Yilin's daughter, and she became his only wife. They may not be like her parent's relationship but love can slowly be nurtured, that's what he believed.

I had wished that he would follow as their son on modern timeline but LHY and JW was one of mind to this life just for each other.

13. nightbutterfly

nightbutterfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for spoilers :blob_plusone: time to pick up few dropped novel

14. StarrEyed

StarrEyed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm binge reading this and it's soo good.
    Anyone else feel kinda bad for Ruan Rui Zhong? I mean he has his faults but it seems like he really loves his 2nd wife and daughter and then to be betrayed like that.....that's gotta kill.

Blood A likes this.
  15. Bjkan

Bjkan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like it and read till the latest translations but i won't be continuing it because of the love gu arc, so unnecessary

16. StarrEyed

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard a little about that arc and it makes me really hesitant too. How many chapters is it? Can you spoil what happens?

Update: The Gu arc didn't last that long. A few chapter where ML and FL were separated and one chapter where they were together, while he was under the Gu. It wasn't even a full chapter. She also stabbed him, so I feel like they're even lol

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  17. StarrEyed

Reading List:
    Link
    So there is one thing that hard to understand in the MLT. I know Sun Yilian takes the medicine to make him a fool, but does it only last for a year or two? Does he ever get better?

18. StraightLight

StraightLight Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there, does anyone know the ending for the foster mother (consort Su), and how ML avoid the current arc of being pushed for more concubines...

19. kyanma2605

kyanma2605 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so this one is hella good by reading the all spoiler, my fetish in obsessive ML but not abusive is HERE! so i just want to ask if this novel have opportunity to have manhua? because it's so great that it can make my top 3 fav. straight Chinese story line.

Jennifere12511 likes this.
  20. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was really just the treatment of their children. The son was probably only able to develop a good/affectionate relationship with the MC early in his childhood because of the ML's absence
    due to him being off fighting a war for a few years
    . Once he's back, the MC is all "Sorry kiddo, I'm gonna have to stop hugging/holding/showing much affection towards you bc your dad will be jealous. This is all for your own good." Mind you, the kid is maybe 3 or 4, but definitely no older than 6 years old. Then there is
    their daughter, who was a surprise, late in life pregnancy. They stick around for a while with her bc the MC doesn't want to leave her but the daughter is still immediately handed off to the son and his wife to raise. So basically, they maybe live in the same household as her but she's handed off to be raised by her older brother, who is already emperor at this time. He became emperor young because so the ML and MC can go off and travel. Big brother doesn't mind because he and his wife absolutely fall in love with the baby girl but still...

I get it's a common trope in these types of CN for the dads/one parent to be jealous of their own kid but I feel like its usually handled better or at least, balanced by the other partner's attention/treatment of the kid(s). At the very least, the kid can give as good as they get usually. Here, my impression was that the MC only acts like a mother when the ML isn't around, which was a huge disappointment. Her trying to be a good parent was basically "Mommy loves yo--oh, your dad is here! Later, kiddo. Oh, don't touch me kid. Your dad will get jealous."
    [/QUOTE]

I understand where you’re coming from, however ML relationship with his children are very complex. In the 1st TL MC died giving birth and on the current TL she almost died also. The ML legit was so scared that he didn’t sleep when she was almost due and directly passed out after finding out she was fine. I think that people are judging the ML very harshly for his treatment to his son. In the 1st TL he just got dumped on him after JW died without his knowledge or consent. And in the current TL he didn’t want to have any kids but caved in to MC coaxing and not wanting to disappoint MC by just destroying the dynasty after they die. He even gives the OG son a better chance of being born again by taking care of the MC body and having relations on the very same night he was conceived (even though he only did it once) cause MC was excited to have the same child.

For me ML is an outstanding father in the CN novel world. After seeing so much “true love” babies being bullied, neglected, hit, schemed against by everyone and their dog, etc. He actually made sure his son had the best of everything and the only thing missing was his love really and once you read this story and dive down to his mentality you can see that he truly did his best with the circumstances he had.

Blood A likes this.