LCD Necropolis Immortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by etvolare, Apr 15, 2020.

1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    WAHAHAHAHAHA I HEREBY COMMEMORATE THE SOFT LAUNCH OF MY NEW NOVEL!

Come one, come all, for Wednesdays are the best days to start a new adventure! (Wha? XD)

A hundred thousand years ago, there was a great war between cultivators. Immortals fell by the tens of thousands, the path of cultivation itself was severed, and after the dust settled, tombs forested the world.

A hundred thousand years after the last legend faded, Lu Yun, commandant of tomb raiders, descends upon the world. Armed with the Book of Life and Death, he has some burning questions to answer.

……

“This isn’t how you raid a tomb!” Lu Yun smirked at the cultivators frantically scurrying about the ancient tomb. “Do you want me to teach you?”

…...

But ah, can someone teach him how to cure his new body’s erectile dysfunction?

'tis I, your translator, le mighty, le fluffy, le wondrous etvolare~

You might know me from Sovereign of the Three Realms, Return of the Swallow, or Great Demon King. I am SO so excited to bring the latest to you: Necropolis Immortal! This cultivation novel starts off with seemingly typical xianxia tropes, but quickly veers into the realm of the spookily unexplored. There have been moments when my jaw dropped or my heart sank, and I can't wait to see what inside jokes we come up with this time. (Cheers to SOTR's old men harem and Pokemon trainer!)

I read 1300 chapters of NECRO before deciding on this series and have so much respect for the author: Immortal Amidst Snow in July. Despite the success of his novel, there's a distinct lack of filler and he will take a day off to re-outline if current plans are unsatisfactory. Also, I have a cameo in NECRO! After her adventures in ROS, Qiu Feishan once again pops her head in. More on that much, much later in the novel.

We're starting off with a celebratory triple release for this soft launch and a schedule of 1x a day. With the official launch on May 15, we ramp up to the usual 2x a day and opening of advance chapter tiers.

Check out who I am on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Pick your poison for behind-the-scenes, life in Taiwan, and giveaways! I send out holiday greetings and bet chapters on League games, so come join in the fun!

Hope everyone enjoys NECRO as much as I do, and be well.

etvo

Lushwf, parsaj, oblueknighto and 2 others like this.
  2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    neko police immortal? that's original

etvolare likes this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    So... It's like Indiana jones but with cultivator powers or smth?

4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Sort of? The MC uses his knowledge of Chinese feng shui (you know like geomancy) to sort things out. I just started reading though so don’t quote me on it, but it’s a pretty unique premise.

Besides that I heard from etvo’s SOTR livestream that there’s a very special uhhh cameo too HEHEHEHE~

5. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting

6. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Huehuehue, you got it~

And here's a description I wrote that's more of a classical back-of-the-book synopsis!

Necromancy, no filler, and unexplained mysteries of the world arrive with Necropolis Immortal!

Starting off with a typical xianxia trope of an incredible treasure, this cultivation novel quickly veers away from the usual cliches and into the realm of the spookily unexplored. Lu Yun, commandant of the tomb raiders, arrives in a fantastical world of immortals. It’s a realm filled with shiny new toys—ahem, tombs to be explored. What seems like a treasure-hunting jaunt is soon tinged with intrigue. What else does he have to solve other than how to stay alive in half a year’s time? Oh, and his new body is afflicted with erectile dysfunction.

This novel is great for those who like mystery paired with adventure, epic one-liners, and fanciful plot twists all served with a little dash of horror. PS. etvo has a cameo!

7. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Sewww any NECRO readers from NU yet? :D We started 2x a day and advance chapter tiers last week, so it's a good time to dive in!

8. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    The first few chapters are pretty interesting. I'll probably binge it in another few days and then keep up.

9. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayy, good call! We just hit 100 chapters and I'm doing a small giveaway for it!

We are already at 100 chapters & 500k views! Crazy, innit!

[​IMG]

Giveaway celebrations are in order~ Please write a review on WW & respond on this Twitter link w/ a screenshot for entry. If you'd like to write another on the NovelUpdates page, that counts as a double entry! Please also be sure to SS that review too. Copying and pasting your WW review is totally fine, and please add NECRO to your reading list while you're at it! That helps series visibility = moar folks discovering the wonders of NECRO.

[​IMG]

I'll pick a few winners for a kickass tiger pin or thank you note! Front and back of the dragon pin shown above. This is a new design, the second in the series after the previous xianxia dragon. Those of you who've been around of a while know that I do love my pins!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I've rounded up some stationary of Chinese magnets that hearken back to themes we often find in NECRO, such as deities against evil, dragons, and peace and prosperity, as well as some traditionally Taiwanese postcards and designs. We may not be able to travel these year, so I'll send you a bit of the world!

Note: I'm centralizing all submissions on Twitter for ease of organization and to cut down on fraud (flashbacks from the SOTR 2000 contest), but also open to any other ideas!

Once again, thank you all for being on this ride, I hope you've been enjoying it!

etvo

PS. Images are huge on NU. O_O

10. LombokHot

LombokHot Hottest Chili Ever Known

Reading List:
    Link
    @etvolare I just searched if enneawyrm is actually a thing or something you guys made up, but then my google search result shows necro being posted in QI's webnovel :facepalm: last posted 23 hours ago
    Then again, is enneawyrm something you made up? just really curious

Lushwf likes this.
  11. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't know someone on QI was stealing NECRO, tyvm for the heads up @LombokHot!

Yes, I made up Enneawyrm -- I explain the naming the first time it appears~

12. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta say, I really like the new VS old generation struggle in the latest cultivation path developments.

“Dusk Sacred Land? The world of immortals needs no sacred lands. I didn’t have an excuse to deal with you before… but if you’re so noble as to defend the Dao Flower, you can martyr yourself for the dao!

“The world doesn’t need living heroes. Only dead idols endure throughout history… including those four in the air!” His voice wasn’t loud, but it jolted everyone awake. The world of immortals didn’t need living heroes, and it certainly didn’t need dao sovereigns to boss it around! Only inanimate idols were worthy of worship.

13. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the latest chapter, who the heck is Wellspring? I don't remember him at all.

14. Arlos311

Arlos311 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I am at the end of vol.2, and I have to ask, did Lu Yun literally do 90% of the work in regard to the Dao flower....and got absolutely nothing from it? While everyone else got massive benefits? I must admit to some confusion about how this is supposed to work....

15. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a spoiler thread for this novel? Also want to know when the hell will he realizes that qing yu and qing han is the same person..

16. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    He has identified that they are the same. But she still dresses as a man, and he is simply waiting for her to overtly inform him about the truth.

17. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is in the MC's harem so far?

18. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its in my to read list but wonder if they'll be any kingdom management/building in it.

19. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    For powerhouses who have lived for so long, their minds sure ae mush.

20. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey is the story still focuses on the adventure more or is he finally going to do more kingdom/Clan/sect building stuff?