Discussion The mech touch is retarded cancer

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant on this site. =D

2. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No need, see enough dead people for real at work in real life already, no need for the video version.

4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author definitely ran out of ideas that's why the plot returned to the OG Webnovel mold.

5. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    A logical response after a rant? Sorry M'Lord, we don't do that here. XD

Dizzcity, Nightow1 and Toralk like this.
  6. Virilitas

Virilitas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to post because I love this novel. Obviously the original poster does too. Without absolutely loving something there's no way you'd get so riled up about it.

That said, he has a point. It was pretty amazing for about 500 ish chapters then it went off the rails into war. I understand the reasoning and I didn't mind that much until the war was longer than the rest of the novel. Every arc I just kept hoping he'd finally get out of the war but it just kept going, like this post.

Good news. After the war the novel is awesome again but now I'm stuck waiting for new chapters.

7. peopleclout

peopleclout New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the novel, but I agree with the rant from the bottom of my heart.
    The Mech Touch was, I believe, the first novel I read on Webnovel. I have now read over 2500 chapters of other books and I still can't get past the "war" arc in this book b/c it bores me to tears. The first ~400 chapters were awesome, then the war started. The war was pretty badass and I saw a lot of potential plot/character development. Then the war kept going. Then more. Then we got to another system... that the war spread to. Then we had to go somewhere else... due to war reasons. Then we're on a planet for another ~200 chapters (where almost nothing happened). I could go on, but I think you get my point. The "war" arc was almost 2x as long as the actual first 2 arcs combined... it goes from chp. 336 to 1062... almost all of which has no mech design and veeeery little character development.

This novel is the only novel that I've ever read where I can literally glaze my eyes over for almost 1/2 of a chapter, skim another 1/4 of it, and I'm still not lost at the end. You can feel the filler chapters in your bones.
    All that being said, the novel is super great in the beginning, I hear it gets super awesome after the war arc (chp. 1063), and the first 300 chapters of war are actually not 1/2 bad. Just a heads up, whenever you get to chp. ~600 or something (wherever it is that he leaves to find the Super Earth [no, this is not a spoiler... it's a broad thing that covers ~300 chapters]), feel free to skim quickly for a long time.

Good luck y'all. Happy reading!
    Also, shout out to Rise of the Undead Legion and Paragon of Destruction, two of the best novels I've read on Webnovel that don't do filler, fluff, and have lots of great plot development and world building.

I made this account just to post this comment.

8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    excellent rant i approve

9. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But the thing Is he is a MECH DESIGNER HE LITERALLY CAN NOT PILOT MECHS ITS LIKE SENDING A ENGINEER INTO THE BATTLEFIELD WHEN THEY CAN'T FIGHT AND HAVE TOO FIGHT TANKS WITH JUST A GUN

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  10. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its a original novel not a translated one

11. gantzman

gantzman Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    plus he's still a virgin in his 30's but has a gf but has too the approval his gf family just sad .

12. Alfha Robby

Alfha Robby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well when they could live over 3 - 5 hundred years old thanks to genetic modification 30 years seems pretty short in their eyes.

Muspon likes this.
  13. Lazy Dude

Lazy Dude Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why is there no section of this on the site!? i want to give a rant review as well....once the conscription arc~treasure ship arc/FILLER ARCS came forth everything went to hell! the system was the only thing that made me tolerate the massive info dumps and now....all i see are useless info dumps that made me wonder---is this still the perspective of ves? or the stupid author? the info dumps are pretty accurate for someone who cannot find a library on the planet and would you even believe a word of mouth information? ...fucking hell i try to like this damn novel but all hell just came on after 400+ chapters.....i've been skipping and speed reading if i think a chapter is shit and i'm in chapter 814 right now----i skipped and checked and ves gets back to bright republic in CHAPTER 1500! CHAPTER 1500! ...fuck me.

Alfha Robby likes this.
  14. swifthowl

swifthowl New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the ortografi I'm in the cellphone
    Easy, need money and are amateurs .
    Because the authors live chapter by chapter and because of that many authors need to prolong the novel to the point they 1 run out of ideas and cuality of the novel dropp 2 they make so many subplots that the story become a mess 2.1 because they are so many subplots the story cant move forward unless they drop those plots or make a super long novel whith no character progresses for like 700 chapters so the subplots will still be relevant 3make a rush ending to get out because they got bore

15. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    if he's reading from an aggregator site then it might have copied an unedited chapter or it came from a different source. I was reading Thriller Paradise earlier, then when I reach chapter 83 it suddenly changed a lot of terms from American Pop Culture references to your cliche Wuxia naming sense. Turns out there are 4 different translators and the aggregator site copied the one not from webnovel official translation. Fortunately I have lots of sources when it comes to aggregator sites, I almost got fooled and thought that the author became brain dead suddenly. All good though.

16. NAJ P. Jackson

NAJ P. Jackson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heads up to those who doesn't know but the Author of this Novel is not Chinese. I believe he is from the Netherlands if I remember right.

I can understand the rant because the war did drag on too long. But the payoff was good. The moment they landed on the planet where the CFA ship crashed it became interesting. And hey the arc did introduce best waifu (Calabast) and best student (Ketis) so there's that :)

Well tbh I was impatient for the war arc to begin that I skipped the arc before that lol. I never got bored reading the war arc. It was refreshing to see Ves taken outside his comfort zone.

Well said.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  17. swifthowl

swifthowl New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the story but in the war ark I hate what the mc has become pretty much he became a guy who is wiling torture his own people ,doesn't care if his subordinates die and pretty much he hope they die has ,he gain an air of superiority to the point he start to beat his subordinates just to make a point and dont get mi start it to the wars crimes from kidnapping ,experiment in humans, torture, genocide using weapons of mass destruction and many more .
    The only good thing is that the author explain why his behavior change so suddenly for the worst

18. The6thStreet

The6thStreet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro I think you dont get the real point of mech touch . It is revealed in the story time and time again that the hierarchy is absolute in the society . For example 1st rate states treat 2nd rate states trash , 2nd rate states treat 3rd rates as trash , 3rd rate states treat frontier people as trash.So i think you get my point.
    Now since Ves is journeyman mech designer which makes him essentially a 12 grade galactic citizen which makes him at a grade higher than pretty much of everyone in his state[Other than similar journeyman or expert pilots].Eventhen as we can see in the latest chapter he still treats his close confidents well , and also helps his clan.Although many selfish reasons may be involved but still he does something .
    Also I think it is petty to question Ves' Morals considering that he is essentially a half alien mad scientist , although he may say otherwise.
    P.S. MECH TOUCH is a great read if you like novels like Warlock in Magus World and Reverend Insanity.
    Also P.S. I Too hate the War Arc and I just skimmed through it .
    Also Also P.S. CALABAST is the best waifu!!!

19. swifthowl

swifthowl New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know and i realy like the novel im just saying that I think the author went overboard with ves lack of morals the ark

20. Charles83

Charles83 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it specially when the first thing after ves comes back from the war is to treat the system as a dangerous drug addiction instead of seeing the benefits on having a system that can actually help him get to be a top tier mech designer in a fast and efficient manner, he has already seen hundreds of other designers that took so long to advance in their careers that they died while barely advancing 2 or 3 realms, and he now treats something that is helping him get better, as something to be wary and evil, I just could not take it and dropped it.

Muspon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.