Spoiler I’m Ready for Divorce/이혼당할 준비 완료했습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by flamingorangesoof, Jul 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Au Courant

Au Courant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel seems unnecessarily frustrating... I'm honestly curios, can anyone tell me why someone would read this? Maybe it's some sort of charm that is hard for me to notice. I'm really ignorant and hope to be enlightened, perhaps then I can enjoy works such as these...

2. bananaanna

bananaanna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Okay, I'm in chapter 54 and this is what I know.

MC feels uncomfortable around ML because he's grown up, and she can't see him as a baby anymore. So she created some distance due to this and because she thinks he's gonna fall in love with the princess again as in the book. Thing is, ML does know about the rumors of him and the princess, and told MC that he doesn't have any plans to divorce her.

Mercenaries are gossiping and everything but don't dare to say anything in front of MC or ML because they know MC will turn crazy and kill them all. Like, the mercenaries' leader Heinz actually talked some shit about the MC ...Terrion beat him. Brian, the knight's leader, talked in private with him warning him to not ever talk sth like that again, otherwise the ML would kill them all.

Brian thinks the duke is obsessive and really posessive when it comes to the MC so he doesnt participate in any of the talks about him and the princess. ML is pushed by MC and he just wants to respect her boundaries so he only hopes that one day she will open up to him. He's still clueless in a lot of things so he doesnt know to procede in their relationship.

3. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh i guess im bored??? But im the type of person when im get in the mood i would want to read trash novels, sometime if i want to cry, i would find a really sad novels and literally cry For 3 hours and then if its not enough ill try finding more sad novels and cried more, altho I usually read comedy light hearted romance novels tho, it depends on my mood. I also read like shounen kind of type novels if im in the mood, my favorite is deff the detective novel type

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  4. ardills

ardills Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm,, this is actually pretty interesting novel tbh.. this is not bout the knights, or the ML.. that was just backgrounds, looks like backgrounds for me at least.. This novel is about elody.. so try to read it focusing on her pov.. ignore the other pov.. like when heinz pov which was so frustrating.. during the whole ordeals, Elody didn't know it.. but even if she did know it doesn't affect her.. as she is 'ready' to divorce anyway, she kinda only stay for caville as he is the one who matter for her.. like really.. the author tried hard to show and emphasize how elody 'give' without asking anything back to caville.. is that frustrating? remember she died saving a young kid? that's just how her character is made.. it's fascinating plot, she is not brainless stupid heroine who give because they're too believing in the concept of 'kindness'.. this elody know and realise there'd be risks, but still decided to give n forgive anyway.. as long as her precious ppl is unhurt.. remember the scene with the vassals?.. that's it.. the only cons was the annoying background plots.. I think the author need to reflect more on why she has so many character wanting to separate caville n elody, when she is only misunderstood by the damned letters..

Scapezz, BrytteM, Numerouno and 2 others like this.
  5. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if the Ml fired all the knights who wanted him to be with the Princess and talked shit about the Mc ? Especially that Heinz, what happened to him in the end ??

6. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML didnt fired them, but instead he threatened them, if he ever heard the word "divorce" ever again from the knights, whoever they are he will cut their head off and hang it on the gates as example and warning.

for future reference i will explain a bit about the ducal knights structure after caville came back from the war, if i got something wrong please forgive me and feel free to correct me blobmelt_thumbs
    the ducal knight after 7 years at the present are separated into 3 faction :
    - terrion faction, the knights who didnt participated on the war. they love and respect elody with all their hearts. they (and the other servant ex: maid, butler etc) dont like the mercenaries because they often provoke terrion faction.
    - solar faction, the knights who participated on the war. all of them respect elody but some of them felt betrayed because elody didnt send any letter to caville or anything to help them during the war. some of them also support the divorce but they only kept it to them selves. (note: solar still love and respect elody).
    - heinz faction aka the troublesome faction, the mercenary-knights who joined the ducal knights during the war. because of their inferiority complex (they used to looked down upon as mercenary) they didnt like terrion faction because they still "proud" member of ducal knights even though they didnt participated the war (not to mention that they respect elody and its annoyed them), in short they think that they are better than them and want to be treated better than them. since they didnt and never want to know elody, they assume that elody are evil duchess because she never send anything to caville. even after they see her graceful and competent self they refuse to believe it until they interact with her. some of them talk shit of the duchess but never loud enough (except when heinz and terrion end up fighting) so the servant never heard of it, thats why caville only took action after he heard it with his own ears.

note: brienz only warn heinz to not do this ever again (talk shit about elody) because if caville knew.... there will be bloodbath and brienz will get fired because he failed to disciplined the knights not to mention he also support the divorce at first.

some knights that support the divorce :
    brienz the vice commander of ducal knights.
    - he want caville and elody to divorce because he think both of them as sibling, however he dimly thought that after divorce caville and elody can live together as sibling :facepalm: (this remind me of "duchess of the attic").
    - marie dump him after she hit his nose because marie (and all ducal servants) love elody, he felt guilty after elody offer him her handkerchief for his bloody nose.
    - he also learn that he screwed up after he know that caville really love elody, because caville really hostile at him after he got handkerchief from elody.
    - he tried to seeks forgiveness from elody and ask her help to clear the misunderstanding with marie. elody forgive him but shoot him down, she tell him that she love marie and wish for her happiness, so if marie want to break up with you then so be it, if marie want to marry you then so be it, she will support marie decision, youre on your own and goodluck.
    - when he doesnt get any communication device while other servants who close to caville and elody got one, he got offended lol.
    - later when heinz wrongdoing (trash talking elody) are heard by caville, he tried to cover heinz for his past mistake (because caville want to kill heinz) he misspoke that he also used to support the divorce... fatal mistake, but thanks to solar both him and heinz are spared, seeing heinz got demoted in the end, brienz voluntarily ask to not be paid for 1 year.

heinz the leader of the mercenary-knight
    - at first he is the one who antagonize elody the most. but after his first meeting with sick elody (and her polite greetings) he start to doubting himself.
    - he tried to convince himself that it was her own fault to not treat it when she is rich, but the guilt keep pilling and it hurt his conscience. after the truth are revealed that elody actually send letters and medicine worth of 7 years, he cried river like wailing super loud, he felt really guilty because he hated the duchess for no reason other than his prejudice and rumors.
    - he warn other mercenaries, if he ever heard one of them talk trash about elody he will end them.
    - he repent and vow loyalty to elody after he cant handle the guilt no longer. he also convince the other mercenaries that elody are not like what they think, they ended up liking her too.
    - later he become her number one fans and refer her as his sister in his heart. he also tried to take little elody (she turned into a child as side effect of magic to receive her lost memories) away because he thought her as elody illegitimate child, little elody kicked his ass and later anna also joining too :LOL:
    - he begged elody to give him communication device and brag it to the other knights that he is elody right hand man with the device as proof. the knights are jealous because heinz used to hate elody (and being loud at it) grumble.... caville heard it and want to kill heinz, but brien and later solar interfered. brien and heinz lives are spared, the other knight who also used to support the divorce are very scared, the day they got exposed are the day they die (serves you guys right!)
    - heinz begged not to be kicked demoted to be a servant and he need to cover his mouth with a mask because he got bad mouth XD, but he is still happy because he still can protect his sister (elody).

edit : updated heinz reasons.
    edit : formatting

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Scapezz, toleneram, its0k and 23 others like this.
  7. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well even tho he is late, atleast he tried, fyuhh thank god if not he really could not be save

8. Au Courant

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I can kinda understand that, I sometimes watch sad movies to cry it all out (?). It's a good stress reliever

MLisMyHubby and seabreezemojito like this.
  9. Au Courant

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mentioned it, our mc does sound like a fascinating character! Could be worth a read just for her alone... To take a look at a person who despite all odds stays true to herself, why should all the extras matter! Thanks for your insight! Made me see it in a different way.

10. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad you enjoying it. I had fun too.
    :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:
    Its not that hard mtl-ing spanish compared to korean or chinese. Considering so many chinese novel that I've already mtl, my braincells still kick in.

kimberlyt, Migrad and Kiro_Kira like this.