Discussion New Peter Pan Movie

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldManGu, Sep 28, 2020.

1. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disney is creating a new live action Peter Pan movie. I’m upset because they’re going to make Tinkerbell black. Peter Pan was always my favorite movie as a kid. I watched it as much as my parents would let me. I’ve had a Tinkerbell fetish a year or two longer than my foot fetish. That means I’ve had a crush on Tinkerbell since I was 3 or 4 years old. I can’t stand to see the women of my dreams being changed to a totally different person. I feel like I’ve come home and found a strange woman claiming she’s my wife. I get that we need more black characters. But putting blackface on white ones isn’t how it should be done. Why can’t people in Hollywood just make some original and organic black characters? I guess its probably because they’re just some overpaid and uncreative clowns. Also this is not about me finding black women unatractive. The actress they picked is hot and I would bang her in a minute. I only had 1 crush from 2nd to 9th grade and she was black.

2. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    okay then. even if u say that, u get ur black character. shouldnt it feel like its only a tan right?

Edit: Sorry, but i dont really watch movie ever again so...

3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching a youtube video on this and my takeaway was that the real problem with making Tinkerbell black is that she's going to break character out of deference to racial equality.

I.e. Like, for instance, Tinkerbell will talk. Because it would look like the directors are deliberately casting a black woman as an invalid (mute/retard) if she stays silent or something. I'm pretty certain that, instead of having the writers perform literary surgery on a character, you're supposed to cast an actress with very expressive but not overdone acting to fill in this kind of gap but...umm, safety first I guess?

While it's an interesting change, I don't have much faith in Disney remakes as they have a solid record of taking a successful movie, ripping out and discarding the reasons why people loved it, before filling it in with stupid gimmicks that only suckers would fall for. I.e. it stands on the back of giants but it's too flimsy to support its own weight.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    OldManGu and Geor like this.
  4. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Every woman has their own unique beauty. Tinkerbell is known for her light skin and beautiful blond hair. This actress is pretty, but she’s not Tinkerbell. It would be like getting Asuna to be Esdeath. Asuna is beautiful and full of charm, but she’s not Esdeath.

That’s a good point

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020
  5. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory is due to the diversity quota that the crazy hollywood need to fill in and they decide to chose tinkerbell cause she is tiny making her black will not scare their chinese audience. Cause you know what they did with Finn in star wars posters for their chinese audience. If they made Captain Hook black it will trigger anger from the SJWs cause it's a villian even Somali pirates exist and more passible since Sailing will cause tan. But anyway besides the main characters which would they turn black for diversity quota? Cause Disney is not known for creativity nowadays since they are afraid to take risk with their live action.

OldManGu likes this.
  6. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost walked away When Robin Williams did a Pan movie (and it was by Disney), but old Julia Roberts did pull it off though she didn't fit the bill, but honestly I stopped watching Disney when they first started the whole "let's go ruin what made us" thing they have been doing the last decade or so, not the "let's do a live action follow up" thing they did around the turn of the century

OldManGu likes this.
  7. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Disney is crying because no matter how much they’ve kowtowed to China, Mulan is still going to be one of the biggest flops of all time.

JinVodka likes this.
  8. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on Disney long ago. I've yet to see a live action anything from them I enjoyed, and their penchant for milking sequels, remakes and horrible teenage dramas didnt improve my opinion of them either

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat just watched mulan reboot~
    da impression, hmm hmm captain marvel.... anyone? try too hard pretend female is awesome but epic failure and this cat not even try compare it with original animation cuz well it seem like an insult for original animation~

hence peterpan may not so ......meh, lion king blergh, beauty and beast.... gotta try harder next time lol~

10. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    This video truly represents how i feel about it:

11. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it won't be as magical as it was used to be long long ago when I was a kid.

Regardless, I'm convinced I will still somehow be enthralled by this.