LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll be honest I expected more from the chapters where he had no memories of paradise. I guess the 2 royal oaths plus maybe 1 wish from someone was enough to bring him back in a state where he could at least not die and talk to Gula. And that should be enough for him to do the rest and fully heal after all that he just did to the parasites armies. Can’t wait for the queen to react to his star coming back stronger then ever

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  2. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was kinda hoping for Seol to interact more with his family, but its good that he at least got some time with Jinhee.

I'm just glad my boy is back, at least mostly lol

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  3. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you're joking, but we seriously do get frequent emails and messages from people telling us about Memorize haha.

parsaj and Shield Loyalist like this.
  4. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured that was the case :D. Hope it all works out, Memorize is a novel I’ve been hearing about for ages and SCoG just made me want to read it more.

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Now he's back I wonder how he'll address:

1. Yuhui having Future Vision
    2. Baek Haeju
    3. Teresa using the same Oath twice on Jihu

tkato likes this.
  6. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he need to address the first 2 points? He has Future Vision too and never said a word, not to mention the Nine Eyes. Same logic applies to Baek Haeju, Seonhwa is technically lying to him by keeping her identity hidden and lied about the overseas college, while he lied to her face about having a dangerous job (when she offered him a job) and working for Sinyoung all this time. You can say all sides are even on those situations, so addressing them, if done at all, needs to be done with fair conversation without painting Jihu as the one on the right.

For the third point, I think we all know what Teresa wants. If two Royal Oaths are still not enough, poor her and shame on Jihu.

7. Graylies

Graylies Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion both are of high quality, but the vibe of the two novel is completely different.
    I think the only problem with MEMORIZE would be the beginning, which is kind of boring and a little strange, but otherwise it is incredible (especially from the middle to the end)

8. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter was it when pq saw another big star behind the brightest star, would it be actually posible for the 2 stars be jihu? With the second foretelling the revival of jihu? I know some said it was yuri, but then again....

9. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    There could be some sort of issue raised by influence of the Future Visions...but after thinking about them two I guess they'll just shove it aside, with Jihu going pafu pafu.

This...I don't feel completely good about this. You see, this means Seonhwa was in Paradise when Jihu started to drown in gambling. Jihu might forgive her, though I am not sure if he'd completely do so.

The main problem is...his family. They suffered under Jihu's gambling, and to know that the reason for it is not because Seonhwa was studying...not sure how they'd react.

I definitely expect to begin passionate French, and end up coming out days after. Of course, I'm referring to the detailed notes required for research purposes. Oh author, please grant this lonely soul a simple wish!

10. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that was referring to Eun Yuri, assuming you’re not referring to the earlier time with the bigger star Seol’s star was being protected by, as that was Seo Yuhui.

With Seol, his return to being a significant force would just be his star reviving, not having his future state star overlap with his current state star.

11. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it's the second time they went to the Stone Mountains, when Seo Yuhui was *ahem* fattening a certain rabbit. Basing on what was happening that time, the rabbit was the dead star while Yuhui is the other.

Due to all the nutrients and the evil-vanquishing lightning the rabbit was given, it became strong enough to be relevant and begin to maximize its' innate ability. Thus, rabbit's star "revived"

12. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as we know Jihu started gambling because he wanted to do some experiments with his Nine Eyes. It was never stated to be related to them being short on money to support her going overseas to study. Sure, given how much influence she has over him, if she was by his side when he started gambling, perhaps she would have been able to stop him before he became addicted to it. But blaming her for being at Paradise at that time is going too far.

13. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter wasn't really the return I was hoping for. It didn't feel as satisfying as I was hoping it would, but I guess seeing Seol destroy some commanders will be nice lol

14. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also expecting something more, specially from the Gods’ side. In the Path of the Soul Gula mentioned how he made all the Gods emotional and all but we got nothing of the sort after his struggle and death in the trap. Granted, the situation is dire and the Gods are most likely busy, but I would like to have seen Luxuria at least show up.

lunarshadow likes this.
  16. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely would have loved for Luxuria to show up, but I have a feeling the rest of the Sins are busy doing what needs to be done to keep Humanity from falling before Seol made it back. Gula's there to heal Seol and upgrade him to Executor.

As a complete aside, I've often wondered why the PQ didn't go after humanity first rather than the Federation. The Federation had better power and teamwork, plus Humanity was the last stronghold of the Sins. If the PQ took out the sins, she'd be able to make more Army Commanders and just roflstomp the Federation.

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it makes sense there wasnt more fanfare for Seol returning considering the state of paradise right now although it would have been great to see all the gods reactions or even just gula act a little more excited he returned. now we get to see the good part of him curbstopping all of the parasites, but how is the spear of purity? did it revert back to its most basic form since little chick turned back into an egg again waiting for its next partner?

lunarshadow likes this.
  18. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shield Loyalist likes this.
  19. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who exactly owns the distribution rights currently?
    Is it Joara or Whistle Books?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  20. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    All of this bland and non-emotional, see next chapter how excited Gula is. :)

Haitaka likes this.