Spoiler Actually, I was the Real One / 사실은 내가 진짜였다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DearBlue, Aug 19, 2020.

1. DearBlue

DearBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I KNEW IT!! It had to be a demon or the spirt of the person who did the cursed. There is no other logical explanation on why she would purposely kill the saint. It could be that she was jealous of MC but that's not a good enough reason to kill her.

2. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was it can only mean he tried to kill her and then regretted it at the last minute. Like others have said in this thread he deserves no forgiveness. By the law of their archaic time period he should be beheaded for crimes against his child. But he’ll get away with it. I just hope that Kiara and her dad have a confrontation and he begs for forgiveness and she doesn’t forgive him. That would be nice.

3. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was thinking since Rashta is Trashta and Yuriel es Yurshit. Cosette can be Bichette is suits her perfectly

shugu8rena, Leory, Peerly and 33 others like this.
  4. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not REALLY Cosette, so it should be more like "The Demon Formerly Known as Cosette".

Or Corpsette. (since the demon's wearing her as a dead meatsuit).

5. EmmJay

EmmJay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The true villan was the Father

공작인 아버지? 쓰레기 같은 놈이 구구절절 후회한다로.
    내용이 이게 다임
    The Father. A Scumbag who'll live with regret.
    That's all it's about.

Pretty much sums it up. From the beginning, until the end, he was really the true antagonist of this whole story. Worst than the actual Demon, since it was solely based by his own actions that led up to the despair and destruction of people around him.

The man was well known for being Neutral, to the extent that he kept his own children pretty much locked up in the house.

While they both excelled academically and had a wide array of knowledge, Socially they were inept. (More so for Kiera)

Because of this, under the pretext of maintaining neutrality he pretty much just stood in the sidelines and watched as his First Wife suffered abuse.

Using the Grand Dukes neutrality as leverage the Second Wife's family created more oppurtunties for misunderstandings and insults directed to the First Wife.

Even after knowing the family of his Second Wife hired assassins to kill the First Wife and her family, he remained neutral.

The First Wife was slandered of being barren, unable to give birth.

Except she was actually pregant. In despair of her situation she formed a contract with a Demon who she offered her soul to, to protect her unborn child and take revenge on the Parvis family.

(이란성 쌍둥이인 줄 몰랐어요.)
    I didn't know they were fratnernal twins.

This is where it gets wierd, since I'm not given enough context to know who they're talking about which is confusing. It could swing either way in decribing the First Wife and her own brother or if she herself actually gave birth to fraternal twins. I have a source that says Son, and there's this which clearly talks about Two people. Either way we at least know she gave birth to a girl.

The Demon contracted took possesion of the body and in the process killed off the child in doing so. So from the very start the child in the womb never lived.

Fulfilling the phrophecy, but it is ambigious to the readers if the Water spirit would have changed masters even if the real Cosette had lived.

Cosette is older than Kiera.

There was a sole member of the First Wifes family who survived, and that was her brother. He is now an Earl, and wants revenge.

I'm not sure if he also made a contract with the same Demon as his sister, but they make contact and as you can see in the webtoon he was the one who introduced Cosette.

In the first 회귀 (timeline) The Earl and the First wifes Revenge was succesful and the world turned into Hell.

Going back just a bit, when Cosette arrived and there was confusion among the masses, as to who the real daughter was there was a vote that took place on whether to execute Kiera.

For all his political posturing as a Neutral party the Grand Duke himself voted to Kill off his own daughter.

At the time he actually knew that Kiera was his biological daughter, but still sent her off to the guillotine.

Present time, when Cosette actually arrives the plot becomes almost comical. Since the fight between the two girls is more of a psychological warfare, with verbal insults hurled at the other rather than being physical.

Cosette is a Demon she can't control the spirits. Some one here said it could be her bloodline, but the comments keep talking about her 마술 -her magic so I'm not sure. Being a Demon can you control a Divine being?

(하지만, 정령사의 힘이 발동되는 찰나 코제트가 먼저 힘을 발현하면서 키이라는 가짜공녀가 됩니다)
    However, as soon as the Spirit was activated, Cosette manifested her powers first and Kiera became the Fake princess.

This is the scene where Kiera was able to draw out her Spirit, but was beaten to the punch by Cosette. In shock she never realized she actally succeeded, which then led to her demise.

The Demon doesn't follow human logic, it killed off all those who signed with it. Is what one reviewer said.

The Grand Duke now wants to be treated like a father, which is irresponsible condsidering everything that he's done. Neglect, borderline abuse and passing the blame.

갈등은 실제로 설명되지 않습니다. 개념은 무겁지만 글씨는 가볍습니다.
    Conflicts are not really explained. The concept is heavy, but the writing is light.

The ending is an open end, where Kiera is seen going on a trip. Traveling and exploring the world, this is after her and her brother completley cut ties with their father.

The conclusion being She will continue to walk her own path.

The Novel genre is 로판 which is just an abbreviation for Romance Fantasy.

Like I said earlier there is no Romance, but if you look at it from a different perspective you can define the plot more as Self Love and Growth.

A prim and proper Lady being exposed to the ways of the world is really an eye-opener on how sheltered her life had been.

In a sense it's a more realistic approach on finding independace outside of duty and obligation, and experiencing how the world really works and functions.

I don't know if I can find anymore spoilers that hasn't already been said without actually going out to buy the book for the finer details.

Naverblogs, Cafe net discussion boards and reviews from book purchases don't dwelve that deeply enough to cover everything.

Piecing together info from different sources can form a picture, but there is definietly limitations on accuarcy.

Honestly unless it's a complete blog, Koreans only ever write a sentence or two when they review.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other sites, but I've tried to google it and it works using the Korean 한글 most of the sites pop up. Or you can always use Naver.

There is about 8 or so Naver Blogs readily accessible, and 2 cafe boards you have to log in. Or you can go to sites where they sell the books to look at some reviews.

Thank You to X2XO for providing Spoilers.

Honestly I apologize because for the most part I feel like I just repeated what you said, but this seems to be the most common info available flooding the Korean websites.

6. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you! This is much detailed and with a lot of new info!!!:blobnosebleed:

So, after the regression it becomes a slice of life sort of a novel? I have no objection. I love it!:blobhug: I prefer this direction rather than an excessive drama and a constant struggle.

[​IMG]

7. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome! Thank you @EmmJay :blobnom:

As I understood the novel feels kinda ....unfinished? :blobpopcorn_two: Well, I think that webtoon creators took a more refined and direct approach of 'Fantasy Romance'. The new raw chapter 20 just updated and the dark-haired green-eyed knight just made THE 1ST STEP GIRLS! :blobcatblush: So, if the novel didn't have any real ML, pretty sure the webtoon will have one, at least. I really hope the webtoon will be more ...rounded than the novel. Check out ch. 20 for the scene! :blobxd:

BTW, grand duke aka the father is .....a lost case. :blob_thor:

8. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually don't care much about Cosette.
    For all I care, she could get taken down off screen and I wouldn't mind. But it's a different story for the father.:blobspearpeek:

9. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically there is no romance? Gotta say that kinda disappoints me cuz I adore love stories. And I can’t say I pity the father. So yeah serves him right if his kids really do cut ties with me. That would mean he literally fail in all his duties no heir, no family, no love. A pretty fitting ending for such an ass.

Peerly, BrytteM, Xi-hime and 13 others like this.
  10. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean he DID directly/indirectly kill/abuse both of his daughters (original Cosette & MC) & only the son was left, but considering he also decided to ditch the dad like MC, the dad probably treated him like crap too.

So I'd say it's disappointing that the dad only gets to suffer emotionally & not NEARLY to the same extent as to how MC or Cosette's mom/family did.

Also his "true neutral" position makes no fucking sense, because what kind of "neutral" politician does shit like "I will marry 2 noblewomen & let them fight to the death in my own house & even let them destroy each others' families. Also I don't care if they give me heirs or not, even if the heirs die, it doesn't affect me. So as you can see, I am COMPLETELY rational & responsible in my duties."

That is some insane troll logic there.

TrinaAngel, otakkau, jossy48 and 62 others like this.
  11. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda happy that the duke lost all his children. Since he cannot give place to what's truly important in life, he shouldn't expect them to give him any place in their life as well. Serves him right.

Ah, I suddenly remember tokyo ghoul (for those who know) where Kaneki was told not choosing anyone was killing them both and actually choosing himself as he tuck his coward self in a shell.

This totally applied to the father. By being so called neutral, he off-ed the whole world to doom by a series of in action (it's not even wrong decisions, just basically him existing doomed it).

12. DearBlue

DearBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really glad this novel is about self-love and growth for the MC. I like how this novel didn't become cliche. I wish the father died and suffer at the end:blob_thor:

13. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad that they ditch the trash father and that her ending is that she gets to be free. Also, I love that her story isn't defined by romance (because there's more to life than finding a perfect man...) I hope they keep that in the webcomic

14. Lizzzzzzz

Lizzzzzzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah so you’re telling me that not only did the Duke lose his first child, he lost his other daughter who would be the saint and his heir to the Grand Duke house? Damn reading this is pretty satisfying but he deserves to be executed for treating his children like shit:blob_thor::blobspearpeek::blobangery:

15. KiraPlayz245

KiraPlayz245 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh... Thank you for the spoilers!

I kinda heard it from other people that these novel gets bad reviews? Because it was called a Fantasy-Romance with no Romance in it. And there were too many plot holes. And the art is similar to other manhwas?

But I kinda like the story as is.
    I hope the father would suffer though :blobhero:

16. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love the blonde guy's reactions in chapter 20.
    While I know he's scamming her, I hope he comes through. The dude is kinda cute and needs a strong woman like her to keep him on a leash.:blobuwu:

17. Krystall

Krystall New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read the novel?

Fudgex likes this.
  18. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xi-hime likes this.
  19. Calypso Noir

Calypso Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank good she didnt forgive him. Thank you so much for the spoilers!

20. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it what is neutral means for him. For me he is just selfish. He just thinks for himself. He never care for others. I wish to see him suffered. Don't really need to kill him. Just make sure he can't live well & also haunt with regret. It's better make him live worse than death

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020