Spoiler Actually, I was the Real One / 사실은 내가 진짜였다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DearBlue, Aug 19, 2020.

1. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude what??? She forgives him??? No wonder fans say this story jumped the shark!

2. Sofia Razi

Sofia Razi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can somebody spoil the main drama? How does Kiera put Cosette in her place? what happens when Cosette comes in the 2nd life? Do people start favoring her again or do they side with Kiera? I want to know about their fights!!

3. Ren99

Ren99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just assumed that seeing her returning back home. But when she says something in her mind, she calls him 'Ludwig' and not like dad or smthg which means she doesn't forgive him yet. Let's see that since side story will probably reveal more of it?

4. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude anything less than her feeding him to rabid dogs or crucifying him is a disappointment

Th.ay, jessicafung, Fooooodie and 5 others like this.
  5. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already deciding to not give it a chance....:blobconfused::blob_coughblood:

Choedup1, Elliana and LadyAmalthea like this.
  6. Elste

Elste Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen the spanish webtoon translations and the Duke's words about the dream were something like: A raging inferno & a piercing feeling of sadness.

So yeah, I think we can confirm that the world did come to an end and the time spell was casted way after Keira's death.

7. Meira Eve

Meira Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what?? She low-key forgive him?? Ok.. kind of hoping the side story reveal the dad's pov then.. to makes it kind of acceptable at least.. :blobhero:

People said it's kind of pointless and dragging since cossete was ended midway. But I'm not sure.. maybe because it's suddenly turned into a magic SoL. So it depends on the person reading it whether it's bad or not.

8. WanderingPuppet

WanderingPuppet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really am disappointed. I can understand if she forgave her father. But, did he reflected on the things he did? Did he change? Did he step up in the game? Honestly, I really like the ending. It maybe an open ending (according to the spoilers). The way they cut ties from their father is kinda satisfying that tells us that anyone can find freedom, happiness and love even if it is not the person you expected to love you. Or something like that.

Gaaaaaaaaah!!!!:blob_thor::blob_thor::blobhero:

9. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    so basically like most authors, high drugs

theilikepie and Fenrironcrac like this.
  10. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also hope father will not get a happy ending even though
    MC has returned home in the side story.
    Reading a lot of novels this genre I guess per the world setting it’s hard for nobles to cut ties with their families, because children basically belong to the head of the family and are used for political marriages and other family responsibilities.

I really like the description of ungrateful family members’ despair in “I Tamed a Tyrant and Ran Away“, where MC is reborn into OP swordmaster and ignores her siblings and father, who’ve been bullying her since birth because mother died during labor ‍♀️ It is very satisfying to read how they realize their mistakes and try to get forgiveness, but MC doesn’t give two sh*ts about them. I hope these bullies won’t be ever forgiven.

12. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already smelling the stink of stockholm syndrome

Th.ay, theilikepie, Elliana and 2 others like this.
  13. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, it STILL doesn't make sense why the Duke would deliberately neglect MC, since up until Corpsette showed up, he legitatemely knew that MC was his daughter & therefore would be the next Saintess (since you know, he let his first wife & her entire fucking family die. Best son-in-law/husband! /s)

Gods: the Saintess must be happy & treated with kindness or the world will fall into chaos.
    Duke: I AM TRUE NEUTRAL, FUCK OFF GODS, I WILL TREAT HER LIKE CRAP.
    Gods: the fuck???

Attached Files:

Blue_C06, rrraray, Th.ay and 22 others like this.
  14. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK this is into does not compute territory.
    1) Kiera and Zik(Zack?) cut ties with him
    2) leave and travel
    3) come back and all is as it was before ??

That makes no sense. There either has to be more or it's no wonder people didn't like the 2nd half of this novel. Did they need daddy's money ? Hell she's the saint the emperor must have s#!t a brick when he heard

Also count me in the how did Cosette get taken down club, that seems to be the true end

LePetiteReader, Jukki, gametv and 4 others like this.
  15. X2XO

X2XO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people I don't think she forgave him. she called him by his name meaning she doesn't consider him a father anymore and the Korean review confirms it.
    It's probably just the father still trying to connect and she answering him like she would answer any one who asks her.
    I don't think she needs to move out of the house to cut him off. After all, all the maids and knights she made friends with are there. And officially it's hard to leave the house until she marries someone.(Maybe a side story?)
    I believe she already calls him sir in the webtoon. If that didn't change until the end, it means she still doesn't see him as a father.

16. Deleted member 212141

Deleted member 212141 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I like it so much

Elliana likes this.
  17. DearBlue

DearBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk just because she said she's home doesn't necessary means she forgave him.... well that is just my opinion. When her father dies, she and her brother will inherit his stuff--so technically it's hers. And she did grow up in the mansion. So far, it seems like ppl are confusing the fact that she doesn't care for her father and acknowledges her father existence as forgiving. I'll probably have to read back some pages bc this thread moved faster than I thought it would.

Also, I'm glad that this novel didn't go in the cliché route of getting vengeance. Although I do enjoy a good karma novel, this story is really seem to be about MC living her life and doing the things that she never got to do. And I think she might not really give a crap about the saint stuff too. That's refreshing. Which is better than planning and setting up for a who revenge story that gets tiring and drags too long and always fall for the same ass troupes. I rather have this novel be simple and seeing the MC enjoy her life.

As much as I want the duke(or king) to suffer and die off in the novel. I kind of feel the same as MC. Who cares if he lives or die? He's going to die lonely. His kids don't care about him. And realistically, it's not like she can kill him off. Well she can but that's honestly a waste of time and her life to just set up her dad when she's about living her life to the fullest.

18. DearBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK yet. well, probably since the father is a piece of crap. So far I would say yes if you are into a slice-of-life regression type. If not and you're expecting revenge, then no. This will probably not be for you.

19. tatotaters

tatotaters Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly yeah I respect the MC for not letting her father live rent free in her head. She became a better person, made better friends and arguably a even better family among the knights and servants. The castle is her home, she just drew a line on who's family in said home. It's a figurative murder of her father.

I also think this ending is more poetic justice? The very daughter he neglected is now neglecting him. And I don't think it's necessarily up to the MC to carry the burden of everyone the father wronged in his stance to stay neutral, because like she said she wants to focus on those who cared about her.

Though I understand why people want a revenge story, we truly rarely get good comeuppance because authors are afraid of it for some reason.

20. DearBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm no. I'm not religious but as I stated before I like that this novel is about MC self-love and growth. Realistically, if we are speaking about MC getting revenge, then she would have to plot and waste her time doing shit that would take years off of her life just FOR her stupid father. She already wasted her life trying to please her father in the first timeline, so I guess it's fine if she waste it tryinig to take him down too...?

Not only that but her father is powerful. IDK if he's the duke or king or whatever title--- but he does have some power. And what happens if you have powerful enemies? You have to make powerful friends.

Most cliche troupes of regression/time travel:
    • Marry a powerful CP/King/Duke.
    • Befriending CP/King/Duke/Knight which leads them to fall for you.
    • Spending her life just for revenge
    • Her sister(demon) seducing the love interests
    • MC gets hungover the past and doesn't have character growth
    The list can go on and on but I don't care for that shit. The fact that people only think getting revenge is by killing or something along that lines is a starch to the head. The way I see it, treating him as a nobody/insignificant thing on earth is hilarious. And can I just give a chef kiss that this story doesn't have 'romance'. That is truly beautiful. I wanted the dark hair guy to be ML but it's even better that this isn't center around romance.

The hashtag is # I don't care about my father

By.Eve, Th.ay, Nagisa11 and 21 others like this.