Spoiler Actually, I was the Real One / 사실은 내가 진짜였다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DearBlue, Aug 19, 2020.

1. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the reason why so many are upset at the ending is cuz the father doesn't suffer any explicit form of punishment besides "his kids ignore him". He still has his power, title, estate & (presumably) his reputation.

Sure, maybe it's best that his kids don't waste energy on making him suffer, but come on, what about the Gods or the kids' allies/friends??? At least let him lose his rank or something!!! But then again, the novel reviews did mention something about the Gods only being a big deal in the prologue & having nothing to do with the plot. >_>

Heck it might even be poetic justice if Corpsette killed him & he begged MC for help only for her to tell her "lolz sorry true neutral".

2. DearBlue

DearBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I completely understand. Her father is crap and is unredeemable. To me, the main point of this is about MC enjoying life. And the revenge is in the back burner.

3. tatotaters

tatotaters Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbf I don't think there's anyone who thinks the revenge is worth it. Among Kiara's friends...most of them are knights? Servants? they have way too much to lose the enact some form of revenge against a Grand Duke. And most of these people haven't exactly been treated badly by the Grand Duke himself.

And Grand Duke is a pretty big position, it's a position that sits right under the Emperor/King. So the list of people that would want to actively fuck with him are low. You don't just demote the Grand Duke. He would have to do something bad to the kingdom entirely or offend the emperor or something. Which doesn't happen in the current timeline, only the former timeline.

It's pretty much established the only one who would probably want to see the duke die/suffer in the current timeline:

1. Cosette, who's a demon so lord knows how she functions.
    2. Kiara, who chose to just not give a fuck about the man.
    3. That long haired man who placed Cosette into the castle, who's a family member of the first wife? (I think I read this)

And mind you the long haired man did succeed in fucking up the duke in the first timeline. By making him kill his own daughter, he essentially ruined the duke and everything he worked towards.

4. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the problem with this story is it presents its self like it’s gonna be a tale of revenge but ends up leading no where. The reader comes away feeling like they only were fed an appetizer without any dinner or desert. And that’s a frustrating feeling.
    In the end I’m definitely gonna probably drop this. My blood pressure can’t take watching these abusive men in these manhwa constantly get away with it.
    The series ultimately violates the most important rule to good story telling and that is chekhov's gun."If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there." This series violates Chekovs gun in the most frustrating way imaginable...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why the fuck dodnt Cosette kill him as she was dying. Literally her only only job and cant even do it right smh

And honestly his kids ignoring him isnt a good punishment. Unless hes infertile he can pop out a few more for round two

i_am_here, Furiae19, Jukki and 7 others like this.
  6. LadyAmalthea

LadyAmalthea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! I keep seeing people say “well now he has no heir” but that’s not true at all. He’s a man so he can pretty much have a kid with a young lady at whatever age. It’s only women that become infertile with age. Men’s fertility goes down with age but they still remain fertile. He could just remarry a young woman and have a family 2.0 and move on like his first children never even existed. And he probably will do that. I agree with what was said earlier.
    I think Cosette killing him and him begging Keira to save him but her telling him off while she watched Cosette kill him would be the most satisfying end for him.

i_am_here, Th.ay, Anna McAvoy and 8 others like this.
  7. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's not a revenge story but with time being fl will be love by many people around her and she will start fight with cossette when ever she tried to tricked her unlike now when she still doesn't know how to strike and u see the way she ignoring the shit duke is itself a big slap on his face in manhwa it is worth watching when she called him ur highness instead of father his expression of shocked really satisfying the way he is already missing her attention during going on some trip shows somehow the shit is not satisfied top of that those bad dreams which every night hunting him hope those dreams become a curse and little by little with sharp pain without letting him sleep kill him. Besides at some point both bro sis cut off their relationship with their family and set off for journeys is quite realistic u have to accept one thing except this two children he don't have any, once they leave him he won't be have any successor that is quite shameful except marrying again plus social circle runs in such a way it will reveled some way that his children abondoned him that will be quite shameful for his family and yes 1st wife's family is always there for revenge against him. Nonetheless the biggest villain of this story should be duke despite having so much power he never stands for his family atleast if u love ur wife then fight for her but no he will instead blame fl and her mother instead of accepting he is a coward good 4 nothing. The ending of this novel somehow satisfying btw so don't lose ur hopes:blobangel:

8. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to point out that Keira herself tells the knights that if she rebels against her father, she'll be acknowledging him, so her stance is to just be indifferent to him. I personally like this as she doesn't let revenge consume her. As someone else in this thread said, she's already wasted so much time trying to get his attention, why waste more time and effort that she could be spending with friends (and mental self-care) on getting revenge?

1Etoya1, Th.ay, IsaacaHawke and 11 others like this.
  9. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm::blobsob::blobcry:

Choct15 likes this.
  10. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    ........I'm furious. I'm reading the recent chapter and I hope that father of hers DIES.

11. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. Her father a scumbag :blobangery::blob_thor: . I wish he die somehow but after the mc ignore her father, he seem bothered bc she doesn't want to see him..?? She literally give up on father's love. She decide to find her love. :blobmelt:

i_am_here and Rania want to QT like this.
  12. OtomeAddict

OtomeAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hul... I took a look at the raws and I don’t get HOW that a—wipe of a grand duke thought that he was being neutral.
    He gave Keira the the b—tchface treatment her whole life but Cosette comes in and he greets her with a smile and treats her nicely/warmly.
    Then later on the two get in an argument, Cosette feigns that she had been victimized and the grand idiot of a duke slaps Keira while she’s trying to explain.

He’s just arbitrarily choosing favorites and using the word neutrality despite not knowing what it means. I wanna smack him in the face HARD with a dictionary.

I think I agree with the later opinions that the “he ain’t sh—“ approach is the best... Of course I still have a twisted desire to see him suffer more but as long as Keira is happy...
    They say that living your best life is the best revenge.
    I guess that living the rest of his life knowing that nobody loves him is fine psychological revenge....

Th.ay, lazynoodles, DOHere and 9 others like this.
  13. InsaneStuffedAnimals

InsaneStuffedAnimals So silly goofy, quirky and different

Reading List:
    Link
    intstead of the father dying, I would much rather see him live with the shame and guilt, and then try to make a good relationship witht his daughter who doesn't want anything to do with him anymore, because parents can only realize their love for their children after killing them and abusing them, CLEARLY, but being rejected and forced to wallow in is shame and misery for the rest of his insignificant life :blob_grin::blobbunny:

14. MiserableSOUL

MiserableSOUL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people have been saying that the father can just pop out more heirs but I don't think that his other children can be the heirs. To get this out of the way: Keira is the heir, not her brother as shown the current chapters that the heirs of the dukedom become the head of the guards which shows is Keira as shown in her knight outfit.

Another is the strange reasoning that either Cosette or Keira must be a fake and not that they both are his daughters, which implies that he could only give birth to a girl once in his bloodline. Meaning that he can't just have other children since having a daughter take over the Dukedom takes precedent over any other heirs and the fact he could give birth to one daughter.

About Keira coming back home is the same as other people pointed: the kingdom. The Kingdom won't definitely stay quiet about her traveling so the fact she was able means that her traveling was always meant to be temporary like when someone travels after high-school. Her traveling is more of a self journey to learn more of the world and herself as she has people back home who she cares and Keira always has a sense of responsibility.

She probably took over the Dukedom and as Saint in the end, so she could kick him out :V.

By.Eve, Th.ay, spchntrt and 14 others like this.
  15. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely the man will chase after her and leave it open ended.

Elliana and kawaii12345 like this.
  16. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the point is he realizes that things he clung to is the most worthless. He’s now alone and lonely.

17. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ima be honest i see Claude as the same kind of shitty father. They're both douchebags that neglected their daughters and then killed then over bullshit. Even with this dad having memories i hope his sleep is forever haunted and i hope she continues to give him the middle finger. All that be cute to live can go

18. aether.kye

aether.kye Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't look old tho...

InsaneStuffedAnimals likes this.
  19. jen_xoxo_exo

jen_xoxo_exo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least there was a reason TT He was under dark magic
    I read the novel further than the english translations, I almost finished it so I've seen that he really cared about her but everytime he tried to worry his head started to hurt and Jeanette was the only one who could stop it. That has a side effect, she is killing Claude slowly with that TT

Khadz, CathyNguyen377, Ayo and 4 others like this.
  20. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, until we get more details on exactly how Cosette's mom (aka wife #1) died, I'm not buying the whole "he had to let her & her entire family die because TRUE NEUTRAL but he actually WUVED her so he was mean to MC because of her evil mom".

That is literally the opposite of how that works. This isn't like Switzerland where they can just stay out of it because this IS a situation that HE created - by allowing the second wife's family to kill them off like that, he's blatantly favoring the second wife & them over Cosette's maternal family. There hasn't been any talk of the Duke mediating between them or negotiating a divorce with the first wife to keep her safe or whatever.

I mean, if he loved her, what benefit does he get from her death & losing the power of having a noble family as in-laws? Plus, since he didn't have a single fucking clue that the brother & Corpsette lived, that implies that he didn't even follow up on them or send even the SLIGHTEST of help in secret. (Which again - SECOND MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE LAND, you can't even do that???)

I think the Duke is just a lazy bastard. If either of his wives asked him for a 5 second conversation, he'd probably decline because he doesn't feel like wasting his time with them.

Sasakira, Jukki, rock.doll and 8 others like this.