Recommendations BL, Shounen Ai, Yaoi, Non Pairing and Gen Novels Recs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by purple_mangosteen, Apr 4, 2019.

1. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fang Qi was a merchant. The fourth prince helped/saved him and in return he used his wealth to support the prince.

The princes were fighting to get the throne and thus the 4th prince married daughter of important official to get his support. At that time, Fang Qi was pregnant and went to MC's village. He gave birth there and asked MC and ML to adopt the child and raise him.

4th prince became emperor and found out about FQ and his son. So for years he kept FQ in outside residence. In the palace he had the empress and his son, no concubine. In the outside, he had FQ and later had child again. Later after his son by the empress grew up, he abdicated and travel the world with Fang Qi. (and no, the eldest son didn't know that his parent were actually FQ and the emperor, or that he was actually the eldest son of the emperor to the end)

4th prince wanted to have the cake and eat it

2. Amatullah

Amatullah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually stopped reading it because of this. I was at more than 350+ chapters. I really dont care about what the fourth prince did, because scum. But for FQ, always whining and crying about Baoer, and still not choosing Baoer. But I'm glad that Baoer doesnt acknowledge FQ as a father in the end. He truly doesnt deserve to be acknowledged

3. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Baoer did know the FQ was his real father but he still didnt acknowledge him as one?

4. Amatullah

Amatullah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno. Didnt finish it.

5. Lalala45

Lalala45 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY GOODNESS :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:!!!!!! ... Just found your list... thank you so much

6. Heungbo

Heungbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, so no offense, but I read this story (absolutely loved it) and ML wasn't poisoned and killed by main villain.

I summarised what actually happened in the spoilers below for his poisoning, his death and the main villain's involvement.

ML was poisoned by his father and his father's mistress who wanted him dead so his half brother could take his place as the heir. In the end ML's grandfather found out and they got some sort of supernatural retribution and died (I don't remember much about that).

About ML's death, it was orchestrated and organized by him. He already knew his body was really weak (because of the poison's remnants and the luck stealing array the villain made to take his luck) so he had to marry MC quickly because only MC could resuscitate him/allow him to be strong enough to form back a body (and a healthy one). That's why he decided to die just 3 days after marrying Qi Ming (the body MC took).

As for the main villain (Zhao Yin or something), he literally didn't know ML would die. He thought at first ML was an ordinary person and just planned to steal his luck. When ML suddenly died in his prime, he understood that ML was actually more than that and he planned to eat ML's spirit before stealing MC's body.

He really did summon MC though. That's because he was looking for a suitable body. And he had previously summoned mutliple souls from other worlds (presumably MC's original world) before MC, to then try to steal their body once the he saw that the body could live with the new souls. But it all failed because those bodies (and souls) weren't strong enough for his soul (and luck). When MC was summoned, he was so strong bc he was like ML (strong luck and supernatural abilities) and he shared his fate and luck with ML (and thus the reason ML was able to come back to life). ((MC is literally ML's soulmate))

When Zhao Yin (who can see people's luck and fate) saw that MC was linked to ML, he decided to eat ML's spirit, that was obviously still there after his death since his fate with MC hadn't disappeared and that was strong thanks to his connection with MC.
    MC killed him with ML's luck.
    Zhao Yin thought ML's luck disappeared since a person's luck disappears when they die - except that ML had made preparations before his deaty and stored all his luck in a coin (that he later gave to MC).
    So in the end, he underestimated ML's strength and his soul exploded because it wasn't able to bear all of ML's luck when MC stabbed his soul with the coin.

So he was strong but not strong enough. Fitting ending I must say.

Kaylee, LaDyViL and wildthorn like this.
  7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one seems interesting.
    From the first summary, there's no indication of supernatural or ...... what's this genre scifi(?) tone at all.
    Not pickd up yet?

8. Heungbo

Heungbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not picked up. I MTLed everything. Honestly, it was a good read. And it's supernatural with ghosts, talismans, arrays and the like. The premise is that once MC transmigrated in the new body, he was able to see ghosts and, specially, ML's ghost who is really strong. So he pretended he was really in love with ML to avoid being attacked by ML and also avoid the original's ending.

If you have any question, I can try to answer them. There's no spoiler thread about this story but I can try to create one if someone else doesn't want to do it.

Kaylee likes this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad.
    Is MTL easy to understand?
    I need to have some early translation chapter for characters' name/position /gender introduction. So I can use those as references to MTL. If not, it's certain will get confused.

10. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only some. If it's a cultivation or game related then it can be pretty hard. MTL modern-day genres are much easier

11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then i'll just wait .

12. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I'm used to it and maybe it's because I'm not native speaker of English, but it's easy to mtl the novel I put here.

A big no no to mtl is cultivation novel, gaming novel and martial arts novel. I never mtl those genres.

LoveSweets likes this.
  13. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are historical ok to mtl?

14. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    It's depend of the type of the historical.

There is serious historical. Well, the serious here is more realistic setting and based on certain dynasty. The characters also talk with flowery words plus poetry.
    For example the Story of Minglan or the drama Ruyi Royal Love in the Palace
    This type is harder to mtl.

There is also light historical. The setting is usually in made up fictional dynasty, the story is lightweight with more lovey dovey pairing and the characters talk just like we talk in daily.
    All the farming transmigration novel set in ancient here I read belong to this genre.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    LoveSweets and Kaylee like this.
  15. Starmiya

Starmiya [Modern Vampire][In Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG This is a aweeeeeeesome list. Thanks for all the recommendation~~~

16. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Just here to camp..So I can come back here

17. Unusual bystander

Unusual bystander Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t mind me. I found the most amazing campground so I just camping here...

18. Donutts

Donutts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Do you have alternative link for fushuwang or raw titles for no 12/5/3? :blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny:

19. Happyface143

Happyface143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.....just going to set my tent up now. ⛺

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  20. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Whew I didn't even notice that fushuwang has ceased to exist. Unfortunately, I don't have raw titles for those novel.

I think those novels are available at yushuwu which also has tonnes of smut novels

Donutts likes this.