LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    They only saw parts of the Ternecia fight, none of Van's actual skills, they'd have more info from the Tragic Prince guy at the Gubamon fight.

2. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So with the phrase of Bochan I feel we have full confirmation on Sam, as I can’t think of anyone aside from Sam and his daughters that call Van that way. Also uber-eats on the battlefield. Nifty lol.

Baldingere and Azuroth like this.
  3. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant wait to see all of the skills and fragments van will gain from this. We already have at least 2 dk weapons in use so at least that plus whatever cheat abilities the reincarnated people have on top of some abilities from fitun and his subordinates. Feast is such a perfect word to describe what is happening.

diamonds, Baldingere and Paps like this.
  4. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...
    See you next sunday for the almost finale

Paps likes this.
  5. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so sometime soon Van will get the arrow quiver made from the DK's bone marrow, meaning his DK bones will essentially be complete, the side bonus is how much stronger knocken will be. And I definitely called it being sam

Paps and Baldingere like this.
  6. sleeple55

sleeple55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so... Fitun is about to experience his soul being eaten, repeatedly

Paps likes this.
  7. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't look like Van gained the Sylphid power using Soul Devour.

8. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he didn't even get the soul at all. He noticed there was no difference, so maybe she survived or she was a body-double of some sort?

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Way i understood it, she was killed by an effect of his fire spell, and not by Van directly.

10. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    What? If she was killed by Dead Spirit Magic, why wouldn't he absorb her soul?

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    She was killed by the fire, and not the explosion that caused the fire. Is what I'm saying. Or the heat coming off the black flames, though that's not the scenario here.

Paps likes this.
  12. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What Murakami and crew have banked on, and prepared divine-suicide level support for, is that anything other than a direct kill from Van will let their souls be claimed by Rodcorte. Problem is that their assumptions are based off Rodcorte’s assumptions............which don’t have a great track record. Plus if the number of souls didn’t change that could mean that Van didn’t get a direct kill. Or more likely in my mind is the ring that was mentioned housing the familiar spirit of Rodcorte. Her soul could have back flowed to their as a safe spot for Rodcorte to pick her up. But that’s all theory craft for now.

13. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. That part didn't make much sense to me (probably on purpose to build tension for the next chapter). I thought his Soul Devour ability worked with the damage caused to the opponent? So, by burning himself (the transformed germs) by sending a fire attack (Titan Princess) shouldn't the damage caused be by Van?

One theory I have is that, because Sylphid was transformed into air, the fire attack heated her up enough to become a raincloud. Just a little funny spur-of-the-moment theory of mine.

14. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the number of souls didn't change due to Fitun and his host starting to separate. Which gives Van a method of attack.
    Not sure devouring reincarnators gives Van their powers either. Since apparently several he has killed, even eaten, got picked up by Rodolt and shined up enough to dump on Murakami.

15. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van hasnt devoured any of the reincarnated people. He has only broken them. Also for sylph it might be a case of vans status not being shown than him not actually getting the ability.

16. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually explain his ability to us.

Btw about Braver Cheat or in Lambda case, a Unique Skill.
    It gift from rodcorte which mean, it has part of his god power. Since Van gain the tongue skill after he devour evil god. It Safe to Assuming that he will gained their cheat skill. Well it not like Murakumo mana cheat is unique skill though.

17. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesnt make it good writing. Its cheap and shitty. It just so happens that the vast majority of novels on NU have the same problem, amplified by a few dozen times, so most people dropped their standards.

18. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the author simply wanted the readers to know, he could've had Vandalieu say the exact same lines, but just as an internal monologue

19. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if air-woman wasn't wholy present from the start.

If you fight an eldritch horror, that can devour your very existance with little to no effort it would be smart to fight it from far, far away. At least i would do so

So i think she acquired some kind of long distance control skill, or she split her gaseous body just in case

20. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I think too. Maybe Long Distance Control or something? Humans aren't really supposed to get that Skill, but most Humans can't turn themselves into air either... So, it is possible.