Spoiler Surviving As A Maid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seabreezemojito, May 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calypso Noir

Calypso Noir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoiler

2. Catweed

Catweed Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES exactly. This plot point do not give any nuances of what's actually going on. We only know it happened, but not how. I actually want to read more because I want to know what led to that choice.

3. AMNigma

AMNigma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to say, this is the first novel I know where the story telling is great but the plot is shite

schmawesome likes this.
  4. BananaChi

BananaChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so fucking glad I checked this forum before proceeding further in the web novel. I was already at chapter 8 and wanted to know more of the Queen. Straight off the bat I want to say the Queen stole the spotlight for me so the main character to me became very un-interesting with her reverse harem. If she's not helping the pitiful Queen at all fuck her and saying "aight I'm out" at the end I am so done.
    Webtoons take 2 years or more to be completed so that's 2 years of not wasting my time with this crap.

5. Queenvals

Queenvals Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad I read all those spoilers.

It's a pity I won't continue reading the webtoon nor will I start the webnovel but it's for the best lol

I don't mind the queen not having a happy ending so much (although she deserves it so badly!!), but that messed up baby reincarnation (possession??? whatever) thingy and the fact that f*cker of a king wasn't harshly punished at the end????????? No, just... no.

6. Gumiho

Gumiho Villainess Connoisseur ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. Here I go again.

Another day, another round of people reading initial posts and fixating on the queen.

I'm sorry but how do you know she deserves a happy ending lol Like on what basis? Because her current situation is shit? Because she's married and living with terrible people?

The Queen isn't perfect. She isn't just a victim. She's also hurt others. Her circumstances are building up to be a whole lot of greys.

By the final epilogue she gets an ambiguous ending where her circumstances are far more favorable than what it would have been before, had the novel gone the way it should.

Her enemies are shown for the villains that they are, and the King having KILLED THE EMPEROR'S HEIR loses his kingdom, is sent off to the Empire as a prisoner of war with his lover, whom he sacrificed everything for knowingly. That lover having failed tremendously in obtaining a healthy body is in a tumorous, deformed dying state with none of that beauty he was famous for. His punishment is assumed. Yurigel will die. The King is left with nothing, with pretty much close to zero chance of redemption.

I don't understand why people keep acting like the King got off scott free, cus I certainly never said so.

...She helps her to the best of her circumstances?
    ...She saves her at the end even if the Queen was in despair?
    ...She snooped enough around to thwart Yurigel..??

And this is while she was suffering severely from homesickness and disassociation with a world she understood fully as being fictional...

Also the more the story unfolds it becomes super obvious that the Queen and all the guys are side characters in the book she read, which was incredibly Yurigel + King love love centric.

I see so many complaints in these tensei/isekai stories that the girl is suddenly perfect and OP- and imo they are pretty warranted criticisms- Yet here we finally have a realistic person who is handicapped in her role and has exceedingly realistic feelings towards her circumstances, totally realistic difficulties in her situation, extremely SLOW burn development with the male leads who aren't all just "love at first sight", as well as a totally understandable choice in ending yet now it's just endless complaints about how she isn't just running around being the grand messiah for a character you hardly know anything about yet.

It's fine if this isn't your kind of story to begin with, but when the reasons you put forward are not at all representative of the actual story all you are doing is creating misinformation :/

Fair...I think. Though I would argue it was intentional so that Ash/Yoojin would

Choose to go home at the end.

In a lot of these isekai stories it's hard to imagine why anyone would leave the fantastical world behind.

Here, Yoojin just wants to get back to her world to see her mom, and eat that Ramen she was making prior to being dragged into this story. Ramen > Ikemen

7. BananaChi

BananaChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AMEN! Took the words right outta my mouth.
    It's just like Abandoned Empress strong interesting start but sloppy middle and end. Two years later still glad I dropped it in time .

beazacha and elyacuty like this.
  8. kinoki

kinoki New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought new spoilers were dropped and came in to find people shitting on the story for the first part (setup) AGAIN. I'm not gonna shit on the queen character (I personally don't find her interesting, pitiable maybe but not really interesting to follow) because obviously there are people who like her but can people please extend the same courtesy to the people who are actually interested in MC's story and HOW SHE SURVIVES AS THE MAID or is that too much to ask?

You don't like the story/set up/MC? That's fine it's your choice feel free to drop and comment "politely" that if you want. But shitting on the story and calling it crap is disrespectful to the author, people who have kindly gone out the way to spoil here and people genuinely interested in the story and MC.

Yes, this account was made to comment this, I was just a lurker but these complaints for something you aren't even paying for based on some snippets of fan translations, MTL and spoilers just makes me so pissed. The author isn't even misleading you, title is literally "Survivng as a Maid", go read "Surviving as a Queen" or "Surviving as OP Isekai-ed MC Who is Gonna Save Everything and Everyone from BE" if that's your thing. They do exist.

9. Queenvals

Queenvals Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I wish the queen have a happy ending because she went through hell with her marriage and her life is shitty af but most of all I wanted her to have a happy ending because I liked character.

I never said she was a perfect person or that I only viewed her as victim, tho? I have no idea why you're assuming that's how I see her lol And just because she hurt others, she isn't deserving of a happy ending? It makes no sense to me.

But as I said before, I still don't mind that much about the Queen's happy ending (or lack of it), the story is not about her.

Contrary to what you might think, I already now that. ‍♀️The thing is, I just wanted the king to suffer a little bit more lol

Anyway...

I've read all the webtoon chapters released so far and, seriously, the narrative is great, and the art is beautiful and I'm sure the webnovel must be even nicer to read narrative wise. However, from the spoilers I've read so far, *I* decided that Surviving as a maid is just not my cup of tea, so *I* am dropping the webtoon and *I* have no intention to read the webnovel in the future. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions (as long as they not harmful, obviously) and mine is that this story is not worth *MY* time and that's it.

And to be clear, dropping Surviving as a maid doesn't mean that I believe the story sucks and the author is shitty af, or whatever. As I've already said, it's just not my cup of tea. ‍♀️

10. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume because you being nothing but a bundle of text to me, the use of your words and language matters.

To say she "deserves" a good ending implies she has performed actions that should award her such an end game, but so far all I've seen is a character being rightfully saved from the unfortunate parts of her life but still being unable to escape the consequences that she wrought.

With the King, you also said "He wasn't harshly punished at all". That's different from what you say now: "I just wanted the king to suffer a little bit more".

Most people who come to these threads only read the first couple of pages and MAYBE the later parts. with little actually trudging through the middle. It's understandable why, there's a lot of sentiments to shift through between all the spoilers. Who even has the bloody time if the first things you see are people raging about how a character isn't saved, a whole ton of mischaracterizations abou the MC, then 15+ pages later people like you imply her abusers aren't punished =_=

If Post #2 are your actual impressions of the story then I don't understand why you would leave such a misleading message in the first place.

I never asked everyone sing this story praises. It being not your cup of tea is fine. I am aware this is an unconventional story with an unconventional ending. I just ask people to stop poisoning the well.

I'm sorry this is what drew you to make an account :(
    As for spoilers, still nothing from the manhwa. Still waiting to see what she finds in the basement.

Hopefully it isn't Titans.

----

Out of frustration, I checked the side stories/epilogues and it seems the series has reached it's complete ending.

Note there will be gaps because my chapter readings have jumped around a lot.

Main story Ends at Ch. 160
    My spoils so far were from 155-160 of main story then if I remember correctly 4 chapters into the Epilogue/Side stories. (Two on Astrid & Cesar's Backstory then 2-3 I think starting from Mikael/Ciel/Mio Epilogues following Ciel joining the others in Korea and harem ending.)

Final chapter is 189. I'm not entirely sure what happened in the 20 chapters before it yet. Waiting on my Kakaostory refreshes.

Didn't read the chapter before but Mio gets hit with an arrow and legit dies LMAO
    I guess it's some manner of battlefield (Didn't read the chapter before). At this point he's in about his 40s.

In the process of dying he reminisces of Ash and suddenly enters a weird dream world. It seems Ash found a way to connect with him thanks to Ciel. She explains to him that the time flow between the two worlds are very different, so she's still mostly the same. She couldn't really travel back and forth too much since it would cause too many dimensional rifts due to this difference.

Ciel's still having a bit of difficulty getting use to her world, while Klein is doing astoundingly well and thriving. The two assumed it would have been the other way around.

More talk and internal monologues, Mio thinking about why he didn't just up and leave to join the Yoojin harem back then.

After some dancing around the subject, Ash finally asks Mio if he's finally ready to come with her to her world.

Before he answers, in Mio-tsun fashion, the scene turns white and it cuts off to the forever young King Mikael and his now white haired queen wife.

I swear this writer is hard playing with my feelings on the Mio front.

cjburaira, anvollo, papapa and 14 others like this.
  11. Gumiho

Reading List:
    Link
    And just like that, Chapter 38 of the Raw manhwa dropped.

First section is about Lady Kasik (As a reminder, this is the Queen's sister.) It seems every since appearing last time she'd visited almost every day. Ash thinks the sisters are in good terms if Lady Kasik is visiting so often but the other maids don't quite agree. Things seem a bit awkward around the two, especially when Lady Kasik always asks for the same thing.

"Please let me get the baby." (At first I thought she's asking permission to get pregnant with...I'm assuming Cesar since they share a family name?) The other maid gets huffy about this and asks what the Queen can do about it (Maybe Lady Kasik is actually asking for help with the pregnancy??? This is really vague so I'm not sure what's up here)

Ash is looking at the little gem Ciel had given to her before (The two use entry into basement) and wonders if it is worth a lot of money. As it's so tiny she could lose it easily. If Ciel was going to just give it to her the least he could do was make it into a ring or something but there seems to be little point in expecting anything from him (Ciel...your stocks as a harem ML is SO LOW so early on...you strangled her with ptsd, can't sleep without people, ran away from the battlefield causing a ceasefire instead of a win...and mostly hobo around the place. Ciel pls raise your stocks just a bit X'D)

The maids all make a fuss, seems like Klein Capella is making his way over and they're all trying to make her presentable. Ash is unfazed, knowing what her relationship with him is like but notes he's very popular around the castle. As the maids try to enter her room to get her ready, she freaks out, knowing she kind hide the fact she's bunking with two pretty men if they enter and her freakout causes suspicion. She recovers because what if they open the doors to her room and Klein arrives? They agree with this sentiment and Klein actually arrives with flowers as usual.

They're out in the gardens again, and things are a bit awkward. Ever since confessing about her memory loss, Ash has been trying to ask him about the lady they supposedly cherished but Klein wouldn't tell her anything. She wonders if it is because he's hoping she would remember it herself. Despite her appearance, Ash knows nothing about this lady, her name, her looks or even her prior relations with her.

Klein mentions that she now ties her hair up. Ash tells him it's because she's a nanny. It seems Astrid use to have her hair down all the time. Klein thinks it use to look good back then. Ash notices he has an expression brimming with nostalgia again.

Ash asks Klein if he's heard anything from the previous Nanny. Klein tells her it's the country's secret so he couldn't say anything. She asks if Nanny is still alive (I guess nobody knew of her outcome) but Nanny is confirmed dead.

Ash had wondered if the nanny was framed just to weaken the Queen's power more, but this country really hates black magic. It seems Nanny might actually have been a black magic user.

Ash has a lot she wants to ask Klein, and Klein looks to want to say a lot to her, but still they don't really know how to communicate with each other so the conversations don't happen. (There's a lot of staring at each other though)

She wants to ask about the initialed pen, but excuses herself to leave instead. Klein is surprised, but lets it be.

At night, Ash is taking the baby prince back from Ciel's side as he sleeps and notices he is looking more peaceful and seems to be getting better still. In the future it is possible that Ciel will become one of the prince's guardians, as the novel never stated Klein was the only one. As she nods off to sleep, she thinks she still doesn't feel right passing the prince over to Ciel who is still unwell. To begin with she doesn't really like children but since it's now a job she was given, she wants to dutifully follow through with it and do what she can.

Mio enters the room and asks if Ciel has gone to sleep. Ash apologizes to him for his troubles. He tells her bluntly if she's sorry, to not add more on this (lol this clown room). Also they may need more security. She asks what kind, and Mio answers they may need some sort of artifact to protect the prince. She wonders if she should ask Ciel to make one.

Mio looks like he wants to say something, and she asks him what. There is an attempt but he says nevermind and good night. Ash turns off the lights, wishing him sweet dreams.

12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.