Translators! FAQ/Rules for NU.

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Parth37955, Oct 7, 2017.

1. iamanon

iamanon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if the updates are not password protected, does that mean that the translators have to just bear the risk of their work being stolen for aggregator sites to post here?

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As do all translators. They don't have to post here.

3. Umeboshi

Umeboshi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I wanted to do a post offering myself as JTL but just saw I do not have permission to create a thread.

Is there any way I can change that?

Thanks

4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Umeboshi

Umeboshi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!!

6. Leier

Leier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a post with wrong chapter number, after I fixed it, I saw it was not uploaded in NU. Thinking it's because the chapter number was wrong, then it won't get automatically linked to NU, so I uploaded the newly fixed page manually. But then the original one got uploaded to NU too, so now there are 2 same chapters there.
    Who should I message to remove the duplicate?

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You can report those things here:

[​IMG]

Do remember to share the novel name and what are the affected chapters in your report.

Leier likes this.
  8. Maxr005

Maxr005 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had picked up a dropped novel on the same site where it was password locked so at that time the chapters weren't put on release but now as the current translator of the novel I have decided to keep make it unlocked as it's a hassle. Now when I see the release of the novel, ch 52 to 66, I can only see them when I click the eye (maybe hide idk) button and the chapters are after that, till 75 aren't there. How can I add all those chapters on release? Including ch 52 to 66 too.
    Novel name:- Mr. Dior.

P.S. I apologize if I asked this in the wrong forum as I'm new to NU forums.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Use this form:

[​IMG]

10. Maxr005

Maxr005 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I'll report it there

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Book Lover Slytherine

Book Lover Slytherine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I was not active for a month or two, because of my entrance exams. So, recently I came back and picked up a dropped series, translated that and posted it. But somehow nu posted my "I'll make it a ending like a villain" chapters (from c75 to c80) in the wrong novel named " Why does my baby have to be a villain?" which is also currently translated by me. Can this be fixed?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Use this form:

[​IMG]

13. Book Lover Slytherine

Reading List:
    Link
    i did, then i saw there was a message that said, go to the forum, so i came here. do i need to again report the problem

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    If you already submitted a report, then it's all good. The mods will see it and solve it.

You don't need to do anything on the forums to submit a report, for the record.

I don't remember what the message is, but wasn't it something like... "You won't get any replies to this report. If you want a reply, go to the forums"?

That is basically saying the mods will fix the report without notifying you about it.

Book Lover Slytherine likes this.
  15. Book Lover Slytherine

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I understood. thank you!

16. Tallion

Tallion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, this staff member dude got all pissed, told me to calm the fuck down and blocked further comments just cuz i called him a snowflake? xD i mean, i know i'm kinda escalating this, but it's really fucking funny

17. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You made a thread in translators corner. It's a subforum for translators or people looking for work. Not a space to complain about a website. Your opening post was barely comprehendible, a complete mess of poor grammar. My reply to your post (why bother censuring yourself if you're going to speak with such venom) was a joke response to seeing you say stuff like f*ck. There's absolutely no need to censor yourself like that on NUF.

Perhaps what I said didn't come off right. After you decided to call me a snowflake that gets upset by the use of "bad" words, I responded with "lol, calm the fuck down."

I locked the thread because it was in the inappropriate location to begin with. I had hoped you would "calm the fuck down" but alas, you have not. Pretty fucking funny to watch you continue to shout into a void.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Tallion

Tallion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you could have started with that. Where's the complaining space at then? That was the whole point of my post in the 1st place.
    Poor grammar? Yup, i made a few mistakes and used long sentences full of kommas, mirroring the hot mess i was describing.
    As i already said, censoring myself is a habit because a lot of sites have unnecessarily heavy censorship.
    And right back at you, my response was a joke on you calling out the 3 little cusses as venom - seems like thin skin to me - a snowflake is thin, right? I guess it just got under your skin. (sorry, no pun intended, no offense intended either, in any of the posts, it just seems like i have to clarify)
    My follow up on this thread was pure confusion on your "calm the fuck down" response, as things never even got and still aren't heated, it makes no sense.

19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't bother replying to this. Not Parth but me has banned you from this thread. Check the thread, check the opening post. This thread is not the place for rant or complaints. If that's your intention, open a thread at general.

AliceShiki likes this.