LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s been trying to golem people while kind of alive up until now using demon familiars. That one bandit whose brain cavity he filled on the way to Moksi comes to mind.....no pun intended sorry. So if he’s got a less destructive option now I don’t see him shying away.

2. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely forgot about that thanks for the reminder. Now I cant wait to see how he uses it.

3. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a thought about this. We know that he can make liquid death metal golems, but they basically function as metal slimes. We also know that souls that get bound to golems don't usually survive well, end up mostly mindless and broken. What if he combined liquid metal golems, with marionette, demon king nerves (do those exist, and does he have them yet?) and demon king sub brain with a ghost. I think he would create actual T-1000s.

Although, maybe he could actually do the same by combining the meat(?) that legion is made from with the death metal golems and just adding a soul to that. That actually sounds easier.

4. HYPERION7

HYPERION7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The t1000 has advanced computational power that is what really makes it deadly in the terminator world in lambda I don't think even with Van's multiple brains he could reach that level also the t1000 is hard to beat cause they only really had access to small arms any reasonably powerful mage adventurer would have the destructive capabilities of a small missel

5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do not underestimate the intelligence statistics, plus parallel thinking plus perfect recording, Van is currently a computer network on a continental scale, what would happen if I focused all that on calculation? and the t1000 have a big disadvantage, it does not have access to a network unlike on land

6. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost all of the jobs seem useful. Jobs like Dead Spirit Mage affect his basic attacking ability, and it specifically allows him to use different kinds of elemental magic.

Now that the obvious picks of Demon King and Demiurge are out of the way and there are a bunch of mythological figures in the list now, it's hard to rank them.

The important part is that he gets as many as possible. Chapters between each job change: 16, 3, 5, 6, 17, 11, 6, 15, 5, 10, 14, 4, 6, 15, 5, 4, 2, 6, 9, 12, 12, 5, 0, 7, 11, 1

hillo315, Ophious, Baldingere and 2 others like this.
  7. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So an average of 8 chapters per job. Pretty decent.

8. Amuris

Amuris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm, I wouldn't say dead spirit mage is for his basic attacking ability. The benefit he gets from dead spirits is overcoming his limitation on the elements he could use. Strategically, it makes a lot more sense then the cool but uncertain ones. In the fight he picked what would best target that particular enemy. Now that the fight is won and the next opponent is uncertain, he picks what gives the widest variety of tactics.

9. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The jobs he chooses aren't unlocking anything, he's overcome those limitations to even get the jobs. Dead Spirit Mage boosts the power of the Dead Spirit Magic he was already using. Just like how all the artillery and Battery jobs increased the effectiveness of his pseudo guns.

10. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, because it definitely didn't take Van long at all to pick Demiurge or Demon King, meanwhile picking
    19 【Magic Cannoneer184
    20 【Spirit Warrior193
    21 【Bestower
    22 【Dream Guider217

over the 2 jobs. I can forgive waiting with Demon King for a little, but Demiurge? He still hasn't picked up 'Creator' either - Creation is a big part of his offense and also what he does to make his country run around and his hobbies. Dungeon Master so he can create even more specialized Dungeons, and higher difficulties, also sounds very useful.

11. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going way back:

https://lightnovelbastion.com/novel/death-mage/volume-4/chapter-81/

It's just a good thing to have (the new version of the skill). I say it's for basic attacking ability because he wouldn't be able to do many of his attacks without Dead Spirit Magic in the first place.

@Draksil Magic Cannoneer has a good reason. He didn't want a reincarnated individual to get it first and deprive him of a unique job. It ended up supporting his ultimate attack against Hihiryushukaka.

Choosing Dead Spirit Mage might have been an in-the-moment decision to fight against the remaining heroic spirits. He can get Creator and the rest later, since the pace of job changes seems to be speeding up.

(34,1),(50,2),(53,3),(58,4),(64,5),(81,6),(92,7),(98,8),(113,9),(118,10),(128,11),(142,12),(146,13),(152,14),(167,15),(172,16),(176,17),(178,18),(184,19),(193,20),(205,21),(217,22),(224,23),(224,24),(231,25),(240,26),(241,27)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  12. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't just get whatever job he wants later. Although he hasn't faced a wall yet, there will come a time when he does. Picking up Intermediate Jobs such as Magic Cannoneer instead of Advanced ones like Creator, Demiurge and Demon may end up biting him in the ass at some point. He's not exactly in a need of more options, so letting the weak ones, such as Magic Cannoneer go, isn't a big loss. Also, Skills can advance in rank without a job doing it for one (after reaching lvl 10 in it), although a job does make it easier.

My point becomes less relevant however if different jobs take up differing amounts of "potential" - ie his limits may be reached with 20 advanced jobs, but can instead be filled with 30 intermediate jobs. If all jobs take up the same amount, and quantity is the limiting factor, then he is quite bad at planning out his build imo. Also, since afaik Van or we readers do not know if that is the case, Van is being dumb regardless in regards to choosing his jobs.

13. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    With jobs like Magic Cannoneer there was some potential for a higher level job being unlocked, but until he chose it, there was no indication that Demon King would lead to anything, other than confirming to the world that he's a threat.

That said, we have seen no indication that there is a limit to "potential" or job juice, or anything of the sort, his job list just keeps growing, and until they say otherwise, we have to assume that it will just continue to grow for as long as he lives.

tkato and diamonds like this.
  14. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    considering Van's increasing ability to control souls including his own, and the evidence that Van can disassemble and reassemble his own soul (partially removing rodcorte's curses) Who is to say Van won't simply manipulate the part of his soul that contains his jobs and start combining them. I for one would find it extremely entertaining if he hid all of his jobs inside the most innocuous sounding one and finally joined the adventurer's guild.

15. Amuris

Amuris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, there was mention some time ago, near the beginning I think, that normies would would have trouble gaining new skills and jobs if they spread out too much, as I recall. In theory, I think this could apply to Van but, as spycho357 was getting at, he'll probably be able to work around it, being the god most associated with souls...or just being a god since the whole thing was set up to make mortals closer to gods in power...

16. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just had a thought, maybe since vans soul is comprised of multiple soul's he wont have a problem with gaining new jobs and skills. Like he has the potential of all those souls combined so what would normally hold most people back has no chance, since his soul is composed of the past champions killed by the demon king.

Baldingere likes this.
  17. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    remember, Van has very little chance of having a vida blood growth barrier, that's part of what makes him so broken, while others have hopefully 20 jobs over 40 years, Van can get them in months, at least what he lacks would be a source of experience and for that he can simply create a dungeon or visit some of the magical continent

18. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone experience development walls as they level. The reason for it is kinda up in the air but having some kind of crazy event happen to a person can help break it. The most common ways is to have some kind of personal growth, getting a divine protection, being guided, or defeating a really powerful foe or challenge. Van is the master of the last method because whenever he so much as gets close to a wall he kills and eats a god directly breaking through to the next level.

If we run under the assumption that everyone has a certain amount of 'space' for jobs and the four methods listed above can give more space then as long as there are gods that oppose van then he will never suffer a wall. Also as van improves his followers would follow. His divine protection and guidance are only getting stronger and that is not only directly increases their status but also makes gaining higher jobs and ranks easier while reducing walls.

The only time we really need to worry about Van's side really getting a wall is in the post story after alda and rod get lobotimized and no one else will want to fight van.

Baldingere and Draksil like this.
  19. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van now gains EXP from worship, Everyone else will go train in Van's new dungeon that features god tier enemies. I still hold to my statement many posts ago that I am waiting for Van to create another planet as a dungeon.

Baldingere likes this.
  20. Lemeres

Lemeres Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it is like he set a house on fire, and she died of the house fire, but not from his fire spell hitting her.

anteopta likes this.