Discussion What is your unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FIEND, Nov 17, 2020.

1. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    look man it´s good and all but not worth THIS much emotion

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Guriguri

Guriguri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently that life isn't all about romance and having romantic relationships, whenever I ask ppl if they think they're happy their first reaction is either no because they're single or yes bcz they aren't.

Akame ga kill was pretty cool though, I found the deaths refreshing in an anime

3. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that while the covid 19 situation made 2020 a hitter year than should be. It serves as a good wake up call and unearthing many not so secret but conveniently ignored truths

mir and Cutter Masterson like this.
  4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah so it's a matter of degree rather than taste, fair enough, not everyone shows their likes by going into paroxysms.

I Ship anything cute likes this.
  5. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By your logic humans could then kill said animals. :blobowoevil_horns:

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Fem-nazi isn't the real danger tho we know who they are because they march and scream and push an anti-equality agenda it's their lesser evil counterpart that is dangerous they slide their agenda as a lesser evil but we don't need lesser evil we need to improve all of society not just put a band-aid and hope it will be better.

7. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
    I read novels for their journeys, rather than endings. So i have a hill of unfinished books.

Lachaize, mir, Fantome and 2 others like this.
  8. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Opinion: The vast majority of mankind are the equivalent of keyboard warriors in real life too.

Most people don't really care very much about the things they say are massively important. Politics, religion, relationships, work, fitness, raising kids, etc. People can rant for days on end but when you really watch the actions they take...it's usually nothing or the bare minimum.

The reason fictional characters doing something, almost anything, is so compelling is because so few around us do much more than coast in most of the daily aspects of their lives.

mir, Mahou-nii-sama, Fantome and 3 others like this.
  9. Guriguri

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that's a slippery slope, I'd say I agree for most countries, but in the US where propaganda is like air to the people it's a totally different question, I mean sure you can consider yourself a right wing and have actually sound opinions on things, but the two-sided conflict basically forces people to disagree with the other person even if they don't want to, or agree with another person just because they're in the same side as you, and you realize at some point that people start to be gaslighted by their own sides propaganda, so normal, logical thoughts turn into radical extreme behavior, but I'm talking about people who are engrossed into politics somewhat more than most people, so as long as you're not that much into politics I think you're okay wherever you are.

Dude, I agree that currently, men and women think differently, but then we can't actually know the reason of it being so, I mean there is so much external influences that influence peoples upbringing that the line between acquired and innate features in a person's personality is really, really blurred. However, I am of the mindset that the only reason that women think/act differently to men but still show similar characteristics as people of the same gender is unfortunately due to long, long history and deep foundation in our current society, I mean imagine if women were generally stronger than men ? Or if pregnancy didn't affect women's physique at all ? You'll probably come into the conclusion that society currently would be largely different, and women's thinking/mannerisms would be vastly different, all of which would be because of a physical change that has no effect in a female's personality.

Anyways, sorry for the lecture, just hope you'll be more open minded next time.

mir and Alairia like this.
  10. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like Overgeared. I made it through 400 painful chapters on my 5th try and I wanted slap the MC upside the back of his head at least twice in every single chapter.

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you need a solution to deal with the lesser evil's tantrum, because the corporate boards already came up with theirs. To me the lesser evil at least still bothered to play in the same field as other people while the Nazis are just kids flinging shit and destroying stuff for their own agendas, case and point I hate fuckers who tried to drive in the "victimization" shit into me, China's Nanking response to Japan, how the germans should still be called out for Nazis, the killing of black criminals and now "females are being victimized" are soring my ears.

Also, to accept that we are different and should be content with our lives is a notion that is a bad joke. Everyone has an ego, some more superinflated than the others, then we have people blaming the rich while not understanding that the main problem is humanity itself. And no, violence is ONLY a short term solution, genocide being a solution is like doing the same thing but expecting different results.
    Same. I feel like passing C1000 it becomes a handjob fest for Grid, everyone's sucking off to Korea and their lovable idiot.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Cutter Masterson and rhianirory like this.
  12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    OH GOD YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    HOLY SHIT it was so fucking boring and we got the point but it kept being thrown up and stuffed back in our throat

13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    the alt left is just as bad as alt right.

Grandpa_World likes this.
  14. Guriguri

Reading List:
    Link

I believe we should get something straight, I can't imagine someone finding the IDEA of feminism abhorrent, I mean sure, 'Give them an inch they want a mile' is a very reasonable description for feminism movements and such at the moment, but the fact men and women are unequal in our current society is inevitably true, and cannot be denied, I mean you see females on the street being wary of any male that comes close as long as they're alone, and most people find such behavior normal, because if you were a male, the chance of you getting robbed, raped or murdered on the streets is logically and statistically very, very low. And this not just about feminism, but can be applied about a LOT more cases, so racism, oppressive government, and how capitalism makes the rich richer and the poor poorer etc... Are actual, real issues that get undermined by people who like to play the 'Victim card' or whatnot, the issues exist, the problem is not the people posing as advocators for justice, but it's the fact that almost everyone is either against actually doing something about it, or butt hurt about the fake corporation bullshit.

Mahou-nii-sama, 0000000 and FIEND like this.
  15. Guriguri

Reading List:
    Link
    PREACH

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, the whole taking advantage of people when they show goodwill is a sad thing, it becomes one of the main reasons why no one wants to be the good guy.

Grandpa_World, Alairia and Guriguri like this.
  17. Guriguri

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's not like people try, it's just that it gets too tiring after awhile.

0000000 and FIEND like this.
  18. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you about victimization, but being and accepting that we are different doesn't mean we have to live content lives it just means we have room to argue and improve the flaws in the system because if we don't we aren't going to be around for very long as a civilization instability has always cause our downfall it's always been the sickness that brings down order and lead to chaos.

Blaming the rich won't fix a thing everyone has the right to prosper it's the method to prosperity that we need to change for all countries because at the moment prosperity has been built upon the exploitation of others at least for those huge conglomerates and mega corporations who have vast amount of wealth by overpricing goods and underpaying it's employees while over working them. while everyone should be allowed to build wealth it shouldn't be allowed to increase the cost of living where families have to leave a good neighborhood for a bad ones nor should it exploit those who work for them specially when they pay them scraps in a country that is already falling apart from the inside economically because of politicians who pocket most of the people's money while their entire country suffers.

The method for wealth and prosperity need stricter laws and regulations that forbid raising cost above a certain limit on goods/rent/utilities/insurance. people should be allowed to save money and not just live with their heads above water.

0000000 and FIEND like this.
  19. Guriguri

Reading List:
    Link
    Look dude, no offense, but have you hear of commas ? I'm actually gasping out of breath even though im reading in my mind

0000000 likes this.
  20. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    heprobranouttafuckstogive

0000000, Alairia and Guriguri like this.